Wrist ganglion

Posted , 4 users are following.

So after falling over at work, having x rays and mri's, it's been a very long 6 weeks. Finally results have come back apparently I I have a small ganglion. There is no visible lump, but I am in a lot of pain, and it's restricting me from moving my hand in certain ways. Apparently my treatment is physio, but I don't see how physio will help with a ganglion?? Anyone else had experience like this ? Most people are telling me ganglions aren't painful but I am in a lot of pain

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I had a ganglion on the back of my wrist which was quite large. I did see a friend who was an orthopaedic surgeon who pressed it really hard it was very painful, he may even have hit it, anyway it disappeared. My grandmother used to have one and she hit it with a small hammer! Probably not a good idea. They say you should hit ganglions with the family bible. 
    • Posted

My Granny used the heavy Family Bible.
    • Posted

I suppose there may not be so many large family bibles around nowadays! Perhaps my grandmother's small hammer will have to take over. It is a lot quicker than having to have it removed surgically.

• Posted

Oh god,id rather have it removed surgically !! No way wud I be able to hit it with a hammer,lol.....best of luck.
    • Posted

If you press it very hard for a while you can get it to dissipate, it is just a hammer is much faster! 
    • Posted

I have wondered what happened to that Bible. Apart from having generations of names in it, it was beautifully illustrated. I have her dining room chairs and two other small chairs covered in the same material that date to 1902 when she got married as well as some china.  
    • Posted

We have a beautiful one going back to the 1800s with brass trimmings!
    • Posted

Are the younger family members interested in it? I was fascinated with my Granny's one.

Does your one go back as far as your nom de plume's disputed birthplace?    

• Posted

In fact we discovered my grandfather had a twin when we bothered to read it. They died at birth though. It is a real insight into family history.
    • Posted

Grandparents never spoke much about family history.

My Grandmothers life would make a great novel or mini series.

• Posted

I think it is very important to find out about family history before grandparents and even parents die. There can be fascinating information we never knew about. My next door neighbour who has just died at one hundred years old had a wealth of stories and anecdotes about the village. A couple of friends of mine collected them and wrote a book.
    • Posted

There are local history groups around the country who are recording older peoples memories.
    • Posted

I have just checked my friends' book on Amazon and there is a copy for seventy five pounds sterling! 

• Posted

I did not think the book was that good!! Perhaps it had an expensive cover.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.