Posted , 4 users are following.

When you reach rock bottom how do you get back up? Thought I'd reached my lowest point before......I was wrong!!! :'(

Is it just self pity? Sometimes I think it is but honestly don't know what to think anymore!

X

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi dondons, it is never self pity, it is struggling to cope with something that makes us feel rock bottom..I tend to sleep an awful lot when I am really low... ( I am lucky ) keep your chin up, it passes, I so feel for you xxx if you don't mind me asking.. how old are you? Take care, SINCERE REGARDS to you Deirdre xx
    • Posted

Wish I could sleep, I barely sleep am lucky to get 3 hours a night!

I've just turned 33 although I feel nowhere near that age! I'm a mum of 5 yet feel like a child myself xx

• Posted

Hi dondons, you are still very young x congratulations on five children, I have four ( including twins ) you really do need to be able to have some decent sleep, it is very important for both your physical and psychological health... have you been to your GP and explained how you feel ?. You need to talk to someone and get help from somewhere.... I know that life can feel absolutely overwhelming.... five children must be adorable xxx but also exhausting... please ask for some help from your GP, you can feel much better and you deserve to xxx you will be in my thoughts, please get some support for you..xxx DEIRDRE xxx
    • Posted

Young? Not sure about that? Number gets bigger but maturity levels don't seem to want to keep up! Don't know if it's because of the way I feel or what but feel so much younger than my years!

God yes! They're all beautiful I also have twins they're My youngest, girls, they've just turned 5 bit yes its extremely hard! Especially because im on my own. Don't feel worthy of them, feel they need and deserve better!

Sleeping? I can't remember the last time I've slept properly, Im on mirtazapine apparently they knock you out? Well not me! Tried all sorts over the counter meds but nothing!

Sleep is just not my friend!

Honestly? Love my babies all the world but hate me! Xx

• Posted

Hi dondons, if you manage alone you must be amazing..x my son's are one 34yrs old, twin sons 32yrs old and a daughter 30 yrs old ( who is having a baby boy in early April... have you any support from your parents or friends, I know how hard it can be with little ones, they bring great joy xx but also great exhaustion... you must also tell your doctor and health visitor how you feel...it is Important that you get help for you, don't struggle on alone.... you are in my thoughts, please take care of yourself, SINCERE REGARDS and BIG, big big hugs to you.... DEIRDRE xxx

• Posted

Hi Deirdre, Thank you for your replies xx

My children are 15, 12, my boys birthday today he's 7 and then the twins who are 5, they do bring me joy, I love them and know they love me I just feel like I'm not enough sometimes, because I feel down so much, struggling with depression and anxiety and sleeplessness just makes tougher, never really spoken to anyone about struggling with them, they're my children and my responsibility, I chose to have them so don't feel I have the right to complain about it being hard or asking for help, just venting on here I guess.

Just want To get myself better as feel then I can be a better mum for them xx

• Posted

you have to tell youreslf you are as low as you can go and now you have to reach for inner strength as there is no other option but to climb back up ,i tell myself this and believe it and i get back up again even after suicidal thoughts and attempts
  • Posted

Gosh 5 children on your own no wonder you are tired and by yourself must be tough i cant even imajine as i found it hard with just one by myself so big hug for you and well done i really think you need some me time and pamper time which i bet you dont get sad
  • Posted

Hi Dondons, I hope that you are not feeling too sad today,, have you managed to get any rest and perhaps just a bit of you time....

Are there any groups nearby you, that maybe mums meet for support, maybe a twins group? ... please ask your health visitor if they know of any kind of help.... FOR YOU...

I do know just how wonderful , but exhausting little ones can be.. I truly hope that you make a friend for help for you.... ..take care, you are in my thoughts,, Deirdre... speak soon xxxxxxx

• Posted

Hey do you think it could still be the mitazapine dondon3. So many people seems to have problems just recently, the later winter months do seem to be the worst time.

Just last Monday was the busiest day for separation and divorce. January and February are bad months in terms of depression, and with the lack of money post christmas along with the cold weather, and the sniffles and flu bugs it just not great

• Posted

Hi dondons, I hope you feel a little better.. I was thinking of you this morning while I was having a lie in, it is a luxury that you never have with little ones xx as they grow, life will get easier, try and enjoy every moment as when you look back, the time seems to have flown... my baby having a baby, wonderful, but I could never do it now... when I look back, I thrived with four children under the age of five ( I was probably worn out all the time ) but of course you look back fondly... keep your chin up young lady, bless you, in my thoughts, Deirdre xx
  • Posted

hi, sorry ive not replied, im doing ok I guess? Keeping afloat, thank you for your messages and thank you Deirdre..no a lay in is not something I'm familiar with, my children are early risers, and full of energy as soon as they wake, if only I had some of their energy but yes I do cherish and love them to pieces, I know I should enjoy them while they're young, kinda look forward to them getting older but at the same time I dread it as don't really want them to grow up just want a slightly easier life, but hey it's the life I chose and wouldn't change them for the world, they're hard work and pains a lot of the time but they're my pains 😊 xx
  • Posted

Hi dondons,.I am so glad that you are okay. Mine were ALWAYS early risers too, and full of beans with it xx. Take comfort that when they are adults they will look out for you and make your life easier.xx keep up the good work, sleep well you deserve it.. in my thoughts. DEIRDRE xx
    • Posted

Thank you xx

If I could sleep at nights I wouldn't mind so much, take last for instance, I didn't sleep till around 5 and you could set your watch by my youngest 3 babies, 6:30 wake up calls, it is so draining!

And I hope so, way I see it I have a 1 in 5 chance of being looked after by them lol, maybe I'll be the pain when I'm older, give them a taste of their own medicine hehe 😊 xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.