Skip to content
Ad

Depression

Also known as Clomipramine, Postnatal Depression

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Pinned

Are you in crisis? Please read

If you are feeling in despair, or are having thoughts relating to self-harm, it can be hard to realise that there is any hope. But there is hope and there is help available to you – so please do ask. The Samaritans Helpline is available 24 hours a day and you can call free on 116 123 from the UK. HOPELineUK...

Last reply
  • Pinned

Depression Resources

Below are listed recommended resources for users who wish to read more about depression, get self help, treatments etc. Users can also post the link to this discussion in any replies to guide users to this info. The post will not go for moderation as it is an internal link. The link to post is https://patient.info/forums/discuss/depression-resources-298570...

Last reply
  • SAD, depression, Cant stop sleeping???

Hi, I have never spoke to a doctor before! I am a 35 year old male, This year especially for the last 4 months I have had a problem. Its hard to describe but I will do my best. I cant stop sleeping and its taking over my life. I feel like the life has been sucked out of me. My sleeping pattern is also...

Last reply
  • I feel weird about myself...

Hi, I am an 18 year old male. I used to have a good number of friends before but I never had a best friend. I never felt comfortable around most of them because I never could 'merge' with them. The setback of not having good friends has distanced me from people now. I feel like I am not capable...

Last reply
  • Wife talks of suicide and I can't handle it

I posted here three years ago about the difficulties in my family, involving my wife being severely depressed. In what seems like a moment, three years have passed and I can't see the wood for the trees. My wife has been depressed for several years now. Initially, it was around the birth of our...

Last reply
  • Does alcohol stop antidepressants from working??

Hi, ive been on 50mg of setraline for 5 months. On new years eve i had alot to drink, i even blacked out. Ever since then it feels as if my medication has stopped working, i'm extremely worried because the medication was making me feel so good. Why is it taking so long for the antidepressant to kick...

Posted
  • Everyday is a struggle

Hi all. I'm 26 years old. I have a lot of great things in my life. I have wonderful people in my life too. But, every single day is a struggle for me. I feel like I have always had bouts of depression ever since I was a teenager, but for past like 2 years now (this past year being the worst) I feel...

Last reply
  • Struggling with Anxiety and Depression

I started having panic attacks when I was 10 and it wasn't until I started high school that panic attacks became more regular. I felt so embarrassed about having break downs in lessons and was called an "attention seeker", it was so frustrating not being able to explain what goes through...

Last reply
  • I've been depressed a long time and I'm at my wits end

Hi Im 24 years old and I have been suffering from depression since I was 18. It first started when I was at university and I felt very low and I found it odd so I went to the doctor and they put me on antidepressants. I didn't stay on them long as I found they made no changes whatsoever. Years passed...

Last reply
  • Depression sucks

Depression is terrible I never understood just how real and miserable it was until it hit me about a month ago, i just want to feel normal again and live my life but my brain wont let me, depression is pure evil and i feel for anybody that suffers from it, i hate this

Last reply
  • mentally health and pip payments

i am just wondering how many people with depression have been sucessful with pip and awarded  payments.I apply and was turn down and then went to tribanal and was just given 6 points. the whole thing just seems a tortune and a punishment for us. is depression classed as an illness or do the authority...

Last reply
  • I feel like I have been depressed for as long as I can remember

Hey there. Let me start by saying. I have never done one of these before and want to keep it anonymous so I am sorry if I leave some details out. I don't feel like anyone wants to listen to everything that went on because I would be here all day. The brief of it is. I was verbally and occasionally...

Last reply
  • Coping with my partners depression-any advice?

Hi I’m going to try and keep this as short as possible so here goes...I have been with my boyfriend for 9 months and up until him moving into his own place in November 17 things were great between us. Since he moved into his own place I have noticed him drinking more and more and his mood becoming drastically...

Last reply
  • Who Cares

Life is a blessing? No! Life is a horrible nightmare, a struggle everyday! Speaking of nightmares...some would think that sleep is a distraction/a way of forgetting? An escape? But what if you tried so hard every night to sleep and if you were successful your dreams were horrible? Maybe even more so...

Last reply
  • Is there REALLY a light at the end of my tunnel?

So, I’m sure even a lot of people in this forum think I’m nothing more than an anxious hypochondriac, but I’d like to share my experience over the last six months or so and things that I have been officially DIAGNOSED with.  Endometriosis. POTS. Pelvic floor dysfunction. Urethral syndrome. And,...

Last reply
  • I just don't know what to do anymore

All my life I've always been expected to be someone I'm not. Everyone always expects me to be like my sister everyone expects me to be smart,social and pretty My parents are always comparing me to my sister. When I achieved atleast one thing in my life they just didn't care but when she...

Last reply
  • I'm nothing.

I feel like nothing is real, I feel life is just an illusion, my mother blames me for bring a laptop and leaving it at school, now she scolds me, my friend is trying to commit suicide, I cannot handle any burden anymore, I should tie a noose, and make it quick. I feel no love to my parents, I'm...

Last reply
  • Anxiety or depression? Or anything else?

I’ve been having this thought that keeps coming back and effects me in my day to day life most of the time. Some brief moments it will be completely off my mind but comes back shortly after. The thought is this: I started to think about life after death and the more and more I thought about it scared...

Last reply
  • Is this too because of depression?

Hi. I feel like I have been overwhelmed, overreacting, and just a b***h at work. Is this all part of depression? I am not on meds right now but have an appointment in two weeks and think I should ask to go back on some. Not looking forward to the trial and error and the side effects. 

Last reply
  • Should I start on medication?

Hi all Firstly, I'm kinda glad to have found this forum, hoping to get some help and support as I'm not sure where else to get it. So, a small bit of background first... I'm just over forty and was diagnosed with depression and anxiety a couple of months back now. I feel like I'm going...

Last reply
  • What's the point of living

I go through every day feeling depressed. I'm young but I'm not stupid everyone in my family resents me I've thought about self harm but I don't handle being in pain very well. Everyday I pretend to be a cheerful, funny girl but when I try to go to bed all I can think about is how much...

Last reply
  • I'm not suicidal but i'm so tired of being alive

hi sorry for bad English in advance i feel so sick of life , i just don't want to live anymore , i never think about taking my own life , unfortunately i think that's the coward's way out which sucks because if i didn't think like that it would be over by now , there are so many things...

Last reply
  • i got brain damage from electroconvulsive therapy.

In 2005 I was given 22 lots of electroconvulsive therapy. It left me with brain damage that means I will never work again. I was lucky because I got support from a neuropsychologist who allowed me to understand and come to terms with my problems. ECT can be used to great effect. However some people like...

Last reply
  • I'm a hypocrite

I've told other people on here not to do anything 'stupid'. But I have times when I really have had enough and don't want to be here anymore. I don't really want to k*ll myself, I've just simply had enough. I've had my initial appointment with the mental health team but that...

Last reply
  • Weight gain an adverse affect of discontinuing citalopram

Hi I was put on citalopram for a few months, within a month of stopping I started to gain weight within 6-8 weeks I was 2.5 dress sizes bigger and for 5yrs I exercised twice a day burned 2000 cals and ate under 1000 a day and couldn't shift the weight. The doctors did all sorts of tests and nothing...

Last reply
  • X99 X99

Feel like an absolute useless, worthless, colossal failure.

Right, where do I start? I'm 26. Male. Working but on a zero hour contract but usually work the whole week (45 hrs). That's where the good ends and the real crap begins. I have no qualifications after getting two C's at A-level. Studying is something I find almost impossible. I am...

Last reply
  • feels like i’m drowning..

my hearts been suffering for so long.. i just want to put an end to the suffering. i can’t even have one good day, something always happens.. something always hurts me, someone always hurts me.. my heart has started to physically hurt again. i can’t take a breath without feeling like my heart is about...

Last reply
  • I must be a dr because i know what made like this

l , don't know realy why im here , i feel empty ever seen Groundhog Day ,,one min im ok the next , i feel like i dont want to be here , grown man crying for no reason , think im going mad , driving along next min tears , my sister told me to look at some forums so i found this one , does...

Last reply
  • pip appeal was horrible got letter can,t open it

i had   my pip appeal and it was awful i know it was bad and now the letter has arrived and i can,t open it. i know they have turn me down and just can,t bear it. i suffer with depression and social anxiety. it seems silly but i just keep looking at the envelope and feel afraid to open. i just...

Last reply
  • I can't cry anymore I feel a bit empty

I haven't had the best couple of years a lot of traumatic events and stress that I won't delve into too much on here , I have suffered depression on and off but do not take any medication for it , but recently I have been finding it difficult to feel emotions I cannot seem to cry .. even if I...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.