Skip to content

Depression

Also known as Clomipramine, Postnatal Depression

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Pinned

Depression Resources

Below are listed recommended resources for users who wish to read more about depression, get self help, treatments etc. Users can also post the link to this discussion in any replies to guide users to this info. The post will not go for moderation as it is an internal link. The link to post is https://patient.info/forums/discuss/depression-resources-298570...

Last reply
  • Pinned

Are you in crisis? Please read

If you are feeling in despair, or are having thoughts relating to self-harm, it can be hard to realise that there is any hope. But there is hope and there is help available to you – so please do ask. The Samaritans Helpline is available 24 hours a day and you can call free on 116 123 from the UK. HOPELineUK...

Last reply
  • My boyfriend has depression, will he feel for me again?

Any support or advice would be appreciated! My wonderful man has been going through a depressive episode since September, and has been taking sertraline since October. He has high functioning depression and anxiety which he has suffered with previously however this is the first time since being with...

Last reply
  • Reboxetine

I've gone from citalopram to Mirtazapine to Reboxetine in a month. Is it any good? What side effects should I expect?

Last reply
  • Can someone give me some advice on medication?

Hi all, I've had episodes of depression for about 10 years; I had an eating disorder for about 3-4 years of this and lately (about the past year) have had signs of body dysmorphic disorder (BDD). About a fortnight ago, I was having such an awful time with my low mood and BDD so I decided it was time...

Posted
  • No Hope (Every morning wake up with fear and hopeless)

I am a 38-year-old male well-educated wand intercultural marriage. I and my wife we don't have any marriage issues but I am so useless. My wife is a number of years older than me and has had 3 miscarriages also she has Epilepsy. I feel so sorry and almost every day I cry inside the toilet. She always wants...

Last reply
  • Evening all or who ever is about

Life is so hard, babysitting this evening been very stressful was in a state before I got here, didn't even get dressed until gone 5, done my best for my son got another hour to go. Been chatting to my sister, feel like Sh**, life is sh** but trying like I'm suppose to. Still very unsure what...

Last reply
  • Tell me your depression stories.

Hey guys, i would like to gain some insight on people who suffer with depression and or feeling void, emotion less. Tell me what you wish people knew. What you expected from your loved ones. Did you wish they stop talking to you till you felt better. Them leaving your life made anything better for you?...

Last reply
  • Weight gain an adverse affect of discontinuing citalopram

Hi I was put on citalopram for a few months, within a month of stopping I started to gain weight within 6-8 weeks I was 2.5 dress sizes bigger and for 5yrs I exercised twice a day burned 2000 cals and ate under 1000 a day and couldn't shift the weight. The doctors did all sorts of tests and nothing...

Last reply
  • Depression setback - new relationship!

Hi, I have suffered depressive episodes in the past. Now, I find myself staring back down that dark path. I chose to end a relationship with my girlfriend 2 years ago, which nearly broke me, as we had come to be together after the death of mum which she helped me through. Even now, there is still contact...

Last reply
  • Can Depression/Anxiety make you think you don't love someone?

Hello, thanks for reading and I apologize for the length.  About a month and a half ago, something happened in my relationship (my fault) that kind of triggered (at first) an enormous amount of guilt.. which then subsided a little bit. I was good for a few days and then bam... "do I love him?"...

Last reply
  • Where to get real effective diagnosis?

Attempts and error, some more some less... No one is perfect. But I cannot believe this can be that easier toc hange prespcriptions and treatments. Is there any "Dr. House" who can really analyse and get the more cutting edge diagnosis? I am not scare and do not want to dramatize just wnat...

Last reply
  • I need some friends....I sometimes feel like giving up!

I'm 24 and a guy. I've chosen online entrepreneurship as my career instead of being something regular. So I'm at home all day and I don't feel like working. I can't meet new people because my place is a very small town with not many people my age. I only have some family members...

Last reply
  • mood swings & depression for months now..what should i do ???

My boyfriend and I have been living together for about 10years now...we have  kids and future plans....he has been involved in negative activities and we surpass all the flaws.ever since the babies came we havent had time to really spend time only the 2 of us...and i was used to that.He stop showing...

Last reply
  • Please help me , i feel i am going to harm my whole life

I am 23 and i am depressed since months, i am going to run away from my home forever living in the streets somewhere i dont know   day after tomorrow.  I feel crying but i cant , i blame it to myself completely, i had a gf dated 2.5 years , where last year in June  i started liking and...

Last reply
  • Depression or just an archetypal teen?

Hi, I'm Morgan, I'm 17, and I don't know what's wrong with me. Lately I've been feeling pretty lugubrious; in fact, it all started about a year ago when I started developing signs of anorexia. While I am currently in recovery (eating more, working out less), I haven't been feeling...

Last reply
  • I wish I was dead. Tired of living.

I really don't want to live anymore.  I'm alone but do have some friends.  Have a grown daughter that has a busy life and no time for me.  I think people would be sad and miss me, but not terribly.  They'll get over it.  I recently had major surgery and it went well. ...

Last reply
  • Depressed due to breakup

My boyfriend broke up with me, it has almost been 3 months now. Instead of finding myself feeling better I am feeling worse. I cry everyday. We actually work together too so its hard having to see him almost every day. I did delete him off of all social media so that I could get some part of my life...

Last reply
  • Am I depressed or just lazy and sad?

Hey guys, I don't know if I have depression or just plain lazy or just sad. I'm guessing it all started from last year. I go on with my life normally, because I have to. Every time I got home I just don't do anything productive. I just immediately go to my computer/phone to entertain myself....

Last reply
  • Feel worse than ever

This might be similar to my last post but I need someone to talk to, I have upped my dose on citalopram from 10mg to 20mg I am 2 weeks in and I feel more depressed now than ive ever felt. I am crying a lot and having a lot of bad days. Is this normal when upping a dose ? Feel so hopeless

Last reply
  • I Feel worthless and dont see a future

I feel like i dont have a future. I have had depression and anxiety for years now.  Recently i have felt down, wanting to cry, wanting to do nothing, lack of appetite etc. I have also been having trouble with my stomach, and noticed my hair is getting thinner, I currently have a mop haircut so...

Last reply
  • Aaaaa

Blah blah blah! I’m sure that’s all people hear! So many of us suffer but we all suffer in different ways, no two of us are the same! We can try to understand/sympathise but no matter what the apparent “experts” tell us...they really have no clue! Even we don’t right? So who does??? Is there really any...

Last reply
  • Severe depression, recovering and recurring. QnA

Hi, I am Vinh. I had depression due to my gf cheat on my multiple times, medical school's pressure and unhealthy lifestyle. I had gone through a lot of  bad memories and conflict in order get over it. And now i feel like i am having the depression again. Slowly but surely. So give me...

Posted
  • Self harm/cutting

(I’ve already made a discussion on this but I want to make another more detailed one and I really just need it to get out of my head) I cut the top of my left arm when feeling emotionally hurt or drained and sometimes I’m even ok. Sometimes I do it when I can’t read my own emotions and don’t know how...

Last reply
  • My boyfriends sufferinb from depression.

Hey Guys, hope you are all well. I've been dating this guy long distance about 4 yrs now , it was no love at first sight anything we were friends who over time grew madly in love with each other , we always had a really good realtionship we are in our late 20s.Heres a bit on his background,hes been...

Last reply
  • Fed up

I've always had OCD, but symptoms had been mild. Recently I gave birth. As you might know, babies mean no sleep. So I was obsessed with sleep all the time. Three month ago I had an instructive thought about sleep: what if I wake myself up? I was totally freaked out by it. Since then, sleep time had ...

Last reply
  • I feel like everything I do is for show

I feel like my entire life is a facade. Whenever people see me as positive or happy, it's only for that moment. Im not even entirely sure I'm actually experiencing those emotions. As soon as I'm by myself all of my previous emotions or thoughts just disappear, and I just start thinking about...

Last reply
  • Very lonely and down since adult son left home

I am new here and am realizing how very lonely I am since my adult son moved into his own place about two and a half years ago now. He was a very late bloomer and stayed at home with his dad and I until he was 32 yrs old. I know that sounds pretty sad, but he was sort of addicted to video games...

Last reply
  • I’ve been on anti depressants almost a year

So I’ve been on anti depressants for almost and year and recently been having real dark thoughts about hurting myself but They are just thoughts and it’s kinda driving me crazy cause I know deep down inside myself I don’t want to hurt myself. So my question is what should I do to stop the dark thoughts...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.