Skip to content

Depression

Also known as Clomipramine, Dosulepin, Dothiepin, Lofepramine, Postnatal Depression

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Pinned

Depression Resources

Below are listed recommended resources for users who wish to read more about depression, get self help, treatments etc. Users can also post the link to this discussion in any replies to guide users to this info. The post will not go for moderation as it is an internal link. The link to post is https://patient.info/forums/discuss/depression-resources-298570...

Last reply
  • Pinned

Are you in crisis? Please read

If you are feeling in despair, or are having thoughts relating to self-harm, it can be hard to realise that there is any hope. But there is hope and there is help available to you – so please do ask. The Samaritans Helpline is available 24 hours a day and you can call free on 116 123 from the UK. HOPELineUK...

Last reply
  • Just realizing...

Hi ~ I've struggled with depression for years (I'm 52), counselors, meds, the usual. I have thankfully pulled out of it, or so I thought. I'm now realizing that I think I've truly just been pretending, lying to myself all these years. I have never liked myself! I'm not evil, but I'm...

Posted
  • Antidepressants not working?

Good afternoon guys, I have previously made posts about my depression,but I have being depressed for about two year now. At the beginning I was put on antidepressants which worked like instantly! I made the mistake of not continuing them! A year later I have now started taking antidepressants again.the...

Last reply
  • I don't need pills it's not an inballence my life just sucks.

Hi. I want to die. I really have nothing,my story is abused as a kid dad was a drunk left mum was the one with the belt. all the men in my life have been s**t, my dad sells drugs and gets out of paying for me by travelling my grandad is a rapist who had my dad and my step dad would hit us with belts...

Last reply
  • Can Depression/Anxiety make you think you don't love someone?

Hello, thanks for reading and I apologize for the length.  About a month and a half ago, something happened in my relationship (my fault) that kind of triggered (at first) an enormous amount of guilt.. which then subsided a little bit. I was good for a few days and then bam... "do I love him?"...

Last reply
  • Upped to 30mg

This has got to be the worst I’ve been with my anxiety and depression. I was put onto citalopram 8 weeks ago and then upped to 30mg . I’ve noticed no improvement in my health, I’m having 4 hours sleep a night and worrying about returning to a job I hate in a few weeks even though I don’t feel better...

Last reply
  • I wish I was dead

My life hasn’t been easy. I’m 41 single constantly struggling financially even though I have a good skill set (web developer)  I have a horrible family. My dad went missing 21 yrs ago. He used to beat my mom. My brother is non existant in my life. And my mother enables me and put me down constantly....

Last reply
  • I don't want to live anymore

The last couple years i've been dealing with what i'm told is depression. I've felt this way for really as long as i can remember just on and off and much more subtle but, ever since highschool graduation it's manifested into something i don't want to live with anymore. It's not...

Last reply
  • is this depression?

Long story short - i have anxiety for a while now and i think its become depression now. My body feels really weak and out of enegry. Ive lost all interests in going out or being social. My mood is constantly low and ive been this way since the atart of April. Last month. I also have this automatic inner...

Posted
  • I've no one and I'm all alone.

I discovered I have depression about an year back and I'm being treated. Turns out that I've had depression all my life. Not a great surprise when my parents ate abusive. I didn't realize that they are abusive until recently. I've no one of can actually talk with. Finding someone to talk...

Last reply
  • Is medication always the answer

I have been on lots of different types of medication for depression and bipolar disorder. Some medication helped for a short time. Most of the medication I was on made me feel worse. So is there something that I am needing?

Last reply
  • Sertraline giving me anxiety

Ive been on sertraline for 8 months now, started with 50mg in september until january then had it upped to 100mg, after 4 months i have began to get anxiety everyday for the past week or so, has this happened to anyone else or does anyone have any idea what could be causing this?

Last reply
  • I came to ask for advice, instead I want to help

Hey Everyone and Happy Hump Day! So I came here initially, as many others do, looking for advice, answers, support, and anything that would help me understand my situation. However, I realized that I would be better served as someone who help others because I don't think anyone can help me. Only...

Last reply
  • Switching from Sertraline to Fluoxetine???

I was on 50mg of Sertraline, I have gone ‘cold turkey’ without any withdrawal symptoms.  My GP did not specify how long after stopping the Sertraline, I should start the Fluoxetine. Has anyone any previous experience with switching, how long should I wait? (I’m 22, if that matters)

Last reply
  • Anxiety or something else?

Everyone I speak to says I'm suffering from simply anxiety. I keep telling myself that too but I can't convince myself as easily with all the symptoms I put up with. I thought the second/dozenth opinion would be better from people who've suffered it too. So, list time + The main one is tricky...

Last reply
  • Depression and suicide

Hi guys,  I chose not to expose my real name in this thread bcos’ I am scared.. I hope you understand. I guess the reason why I am in this online forum is bcos’ I have no one to talk to, I just literally lost everyone and I want to die. I am so empty and I have been a great disappointment to my...

Last reply
  • should i tell my partner being adulteries

on my bridal shower,my friend took me out and i met my ex-boyfriend,we drank and after few beer we kissed,then went to the car and had sex,i feel guilty but don't know how to confess to him,should i just do it or stay with it

Last reply
  • I'm just so tired of living in this world...

Please don't tell me that I have so much to live for, or to look at the bright side, or to seek help, I've heard it too many times already... I mean I know that the world is full of beautiful people with beautiful mind, and beautiful places and things, despite all the ugliness. And I love and...

Last reply
  • X99 X99
  • Antidepressants

Hi all I’m new here I have suffered depression my whole life and was diagnosed with bipolar 1 and anxiety when I was 37 after being gaoled for trying to kill myself. I lost my dad who raised me on his own 8 months ago. I have no siblings my depression gets worse everyday my doc just changed my antidepressants...

Last reply
  • Not sure if I should have stopped taking meds?

Hey folks It's been a few months since I posted on here and I was kinda after some advice... I have had a lot of really bad things happen the last couple of years that I won't go into but I got to the end of last year feeling so depressed and anxious that I really couldn't cope any more....

Last reply
  • My girlfriend left me 3 weeks

My girlfriend and I were together for two years after almost 10 years of friendship. We kind of rushed into things and fell in love really quickly she was going through a divorce I had just lost my father and we sort of depended on each other for for happiness. Overtime we both eventually sort of lost...

Last reply
  • Girlfriend is depressed. I need help

So... I was iffy on doing this but I am desperate. My girlfriend is transgender, (male to female) and she lately has been feeling depressed as well as having thoughts of Suicide... she tells me that she’s been feeling like she hasn’t had any motivation lately, and she feels lost. Last month we broke...

Last reply
  • Bipolar disorder and depression

I suffer from being bipolar and depression. I have been in and out of hospital for years.The meds for me don't work very long.I always hear things like (cheer up)there's light at the end of the tunnel. Perhaps there might be. However I seem to never be able to see it.people who don't have...

Last reply
  • I am just no good

First posting ever on a site where I share personal things. I am kind of desperate, at least for now. Long story short, I'm a 39 year old ex-human man & had a stroke last year. Lost the use of my right leg & arm. After a year of therapy, my leg is coming back a little (I can hobble, but need...

Last reply
  • Abortion, seperation and depression

Me and my wife were together 14 years before we got married. 6 months after she had an abortion saying she couldn’t cope with our 5year old and me). Soon after we separated all she would do was play on her iPad and binge watch Netflix. Now 1 year later (after moving out changing her name and taking money...

Last reply
  • How do I deal with depression?

I’ve been battling with depression for two weeks now. My dad who have been my greatest hero passed the veil and left the mortal life. I feel like a part of me is empty. I don’t have someone to talk to now, I don’t have someone who will comfort me when I’m in big trouble. I feel lost to this very cruel...

Last reply
  • Very low crying a lot.

Before I stary..Ive been under mh team for over a year. I started seeing a lovely gp this time last year but she has been off sick for 7 months.. im seeing a psychologist but its not helping much. Im do stressed by my job and financial situation.. and now my dad has come back into my life and I cannot...

Last reply
  • Nothing left

I haven't posted in a really long time because I've just been trying to get on with things & not think too much but the truth is I honeslty don't enjoy being alive. I don't like life I'm not good at it. I feel like I'm in a prison just going though the motions everyday but...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.