Ad

Depression

Also known as Clomipramine, Postnatal Depression

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Pinned

Are you in crisis? Please read

If you are feeling in despair, or are having thoughts relating to self-harm, it can be hard to realise that there is any hope. But there is hope and there is help available to you – so please do ask. The Samaritans Helpline is available 24 hours a day and you can call free on 116 123 from the UK. HOPELineUK...

Last reply
  • Pinned

Depression Resources

Below are listed recommended resources for users who wish to read more about depression, get self help, treatments etc. Users can also post the link to this discussion in any replies to guide users to this info. The post will not go for moderation as it is an internal link. The link to post is https://patient.info/forums/discuss/depression-resources-298570...

Last reply
  • Flo (Prozac) Help!

Please help, I came of sertraline just over 2 weeks ago as it literally destroyed me, I was suicidal amd now facing criminal charges for something very stupid I did. I really did go crazy taking it. My doctor has changed me onto Prozac so have been on that since. I'm starting to feel severely depressed...

Last reply
  • My mind and body will never be the same again. Suicide....

My EX fiance left me for another woman earlier this year. I was feeling somewhat liberated after the fact and decided to partake in casual sex with a guy friend. Caught up in the moment I did not use a condom and i also felt that I could trust him. We discussed STIs before having sex and he said he...

Last reply
  • Up n Down is the Norm

Hi Guys, Been some time since I last came on here.... Quick update - Taken off Sertraline and now on Venlafaxine, having regular meetings with my care co-ordinator and under the psychiatrist.   Trying to get the dosage right for the meds so things aren't great but I did expect that and  I...

Posted
  • depressed anxious

I am not new to depression and anxiety . 😳  I am anxious around people and my voice changes while I am talking to people. I am more comfortable  at home.  but I hope and i magine that one day I will be happy like others.  I am so anxious in all Good and bad times .  everyday...

Posted
  • Things are going pear shaped!!!!

Been sent home from work twice this week, had emergency appointment with gp twice this week. Spoken to Samaritans goodness knows how many times over the past few weeks. Very frank discussion with one GP about identifying my body which he wouldn't like to do. Been given 40mg propranonol to help my...

Last reply
  • Why am i so quiet?

I am 24 years old. For years I've always been considered the quiet one. This may sound weird, but it's so hard for me to make conversation with someone, especially if it's meeting someone new. I only have like 3 friends, because I tend to avoid making new ones, since I always end up being...

Last reply
  • Feel good

Hi not been on here for a while. Those who remember me, will know I had a break down after my split from my partner of 20 years. I'm happy to say I have now fully recovered with the help of my GP,mental health doctor and psychologist.. I'm going out with friends and made new ones along the way....

Last reply
  • i got brain damage from electroconvulsive therapy.

In 2005 I was given 22 lots of electroconvulsive therapy. It left me with brain damage that means I will never work again. I was lucky because I got support from a neuropsychologist who allowed me to understand and come to terms with my problems. ECT can be used to great effect. However some people like...

Last reply
  • Anxiety/Depression

So here goes: I have been severely depressed for about two weeks. I have evn come to the point to where all i am doing is sitting on the couch and smoking ciharettes.I am sort of afraid to socialize becaude of my depression and anxiety.it has been feally hard to be just myself lately. . i am terrified...

Last reply
  • So scared, so lost, so unmotivated, my mind can't handle it all

I just don't even know where to begin with this really.  I just feel ultra lost in life and confused but most of all just terrified and I have long ago lost all motivation and any sense of hope or enjoyment in life.  I feel I have lost all direction and my life feels completely out of my...

Last reply
  • I think i want to die

Hey guys im just posting this to let some stuff out see if it will help dont i dont think it will i feel like i want to kill my self im going throw a harsh time with my mom trying to kill her self iv walked in to a room and seen her with a carvin knife cutting her wrists tryed to stop her from hanging...

Last reply
  • Feeling hopeless

The last month a half have been complete hell for me and I don't see things improving. I have been suffering from severe anxiety which started when I had a stomach flu. I have suffered from GAD for almost three years and have been able to keep it under control. A month a half ago I got sick with...

Last reply
  • Am I normal?

Can I ask? Does anyone else have a not to bad of a day but things change at night? Seems like Im miserable and down during the day but for some reason as soon as evening/night comes I change/it changes, everything is so much worse x

Last reply
  • Mirtazapine....experiences

Hi all, Went to the GP today and was prescribed mirtazapine 15mg....never heard of these before, so basically looking for people's experiences please? I have previously been on Citalopram, sertraline and fluoxetine.....the fluoxetine did help but I had terrible nausea with it, so weened myself...

Last reply
  • Weight gain

I have depression,anxiety and severe panic attacks and have not been out for a year except to appointments. My appetite is poor and I sometimes don't eat at all and sometimes binge. My weight had gone up at least a stone in this year due to no exercise. I have no motivation at all. Any advice welcome...

Last reply
  • Some good news

I ended up going to see an optometrist to rule out anything wrong with my eyes and she was a god send. She listened to me and has actually put in a referral to my doctor for an MRI so she can rule out all possible things that could be wrong. I have only seen her twice but she has done more for me then...

Last reply
  • Is taking 3 x 7.5mg zopiclone an overdose?

My partner has just gone to bed feeling very depressed and I have just found a packet of Zopiclones he took: he took 3 x 7.5 = 22.5 mg. I don't think it is a lot as he used to take a hell of a lot more, but I wonder if I should worry? How many zopiclones does one need to take in order to start worrying...

Last reply
  • More Up than Down

Hi everyone. I just wanted to share with you that for the past week/10 days I have been feeling happier than I have for a long time.  Can't explain the reasons.  It could be my meds, not alot else has changed but for some reason I feel a little more postive about things   I have...

Last reply
  • Coming off serterline

Hiya all I'm looking for some advice,I've been on sertrline for around 3 yrs now and really want to come off them completely.Im currently only taking half of a 50 mg tablet a day so like 25mg a day,has anyone come off these tablets recently not sure if I'm best taking 25mg every other day...

Last reply
  • Protecting your privacy on these forums

For those here who wish to protect their privacy, I would like suggest you take action and change the little icon associated with your account.  Just click on the icon, select edit, and choose a random image not connected to you.  If you don't believe this will help you think of it this...

Last reply
  • Cilift side effect

Please help me im desperate...i have been taking cilift 10 mg for 2 weeks then i feel spaced out like i cant consentrate and dizzy now ive been on 20 mg for 1 1/2 week so thats 3 1/2 weeks im not really depressed more anxious but i cant take the spaced out feeling.Will this ever go ??? Please i need...

Last reply
  • How am I functioning?! Help would be greatly appreciated

Hi all  I'm a first time user of this site. Apologies in advance for the extremely long post but I feel that providing as much information as possible in anecdotal form is better than bullet points as of now. Please let me know if I have to post elsewhere. The last 5 months have seen my life...

Last reply
  • Depressed for long..

I m in depression for a long time now...recently feeling really helpless  about the situation what should i do ..pls help

Last reply
  • Low confidence

I am an engineering student. I study pretty well but never succeed in whatever i do i always face failure. I took admission in a good college by paying donations. I scored good marks only in my board exams. I score good marks in practical and oral exams, i score better than others in oral exams. But...

Last reply
  • I'm always feeling empty and cry regularly

I've never used a forum before so forgive me if it's wrong.  It all started when I was in primary school, I moved around a lot and got bullied wherever I went, I know it sound pathetic but even from an early age I felt like there was something wrong with me, because everyone else seemed...

Last reply
  • Feeling depressed, run down. dont feel like doing anything

So this week ive really felt it. i dont want to do anything. I am doing as little as possible at work. My excersise is very dull. I feel tired all the time and just dont want to do anything. I am on antidepressants and was in therapy. Is this just a phase or is there a way i can feel motivated again....

Last reply
  • I just ... I dunno :(

Yesterday I was so depressed I could bearly breath. My chest was heavy and my heart hurt, I felt so unbelievably uncomfortable in my own head. I had constant bad thoughts of suicide. Today Im not as bad because I'm a moM of 2 small kids and I'm on auto pilot. I'm in a dream , I'm not...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.