Ad

Depression

Also known as Clomipramine, Postnatal Depression

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Pinned

Depression Resources

Below are listed recommended resources for users who wish to read more about depression, get self help, treatments etc. Users can also post the link to this discussion in any replies to guide users to this info. The post will not go for moderation as it is an internal link. The link to post is https://patient.info/forums/discuss/depression-resources-298570...

Last reply
  • Pinned

Are you in crisis? Please read

If you are feeling in despair, or are having thoughts relating to self-harm, it can be hard to realise that there is any hope. But there is hope and there is help available to you – so please do ask. The Samaritans Helpline is available 24 hours a day and you can call free on 116 123 from the UK. HOPELineUK...

Last reply
  • depression/anger/self hate after abortion? please read. :/

sorry that this is so long. i had a medical abortion in september. me and my boyfriend had only been together for 3 months. i had always been completely against having children. i just didn't want any. then when i fell pregnant, everything changed, i wanted to keep the baby. maybe my maternal isntinct...

Last reply
  • Hi all just looking for some hope.

I've recently started taking fluoxetine its been just under two weeks and it's been a lot of ups and downs  I've had a lot more energy but my lows have been so dark like there is something heavy in my chest and I think about suicide a lot like my life doesn't matter or it's...

Last reply
  • I am not sure

I dont know what happen to me... i always feeling so down... i dont know how to describe what i feel... it is like... the pressures become one and push me hard? what happen to me??

Last reply
  • Does my boyfriend have depression?

We’re 24, have been together for nearly 7 years, living together in the UK but we’re c from a different country. I’ve lost my father about a year and a half ago and I’ve been through a difficult period processing it. As a result, we’ve had some pretty horrible fights, things have been said and done that...

Last reply
  • Medical causes of depression

Hi guys. I just wanted to know what medical reasons, such as hormon problems or loss of a particular vitamin or ... can cause depression for a 17 year trans guy? And how can I stop it? The symptoms are: No motivation for anything, hates everything and everyone, a lot of suicidal thoughts per day, sleeps...

Last reply
  • Unsure about the treatment she's suggested.

Hi, can any one help? I was diagnosed with PTSD more than 3 years ago but I am only having counselling for it now. What I need to know is whether people obviously here think medication like sertraline is the best thing to calm anxiety or whether something else is more suitable it's driven me round...

Last reply
  • Bullying

hi, i need some help.  I got up feeling more positive today or trying to be.  I got bullied by my neighbour for best part of three years, she moved out he remained.  I don’t look at his house or him but he was coming towards me today and started saying why was I so ugly and nasty no one...

Last reply
  • depression

can anyone remember exactly whay set there depression and anxierty for me it was i was sat there one day thinking about dieing and the emptyness of it?

Last reply
  • Worried word will spread around? How do I stop??

Hey guys Hope all is well. Cut a long story short I used to go to a casual cafe for a very long time where I met friends there. Recently I stopped going as trouble happened which involved all of us giving me a bad name. Earlier today I went to a different cafe which is in the same area but far...

Last reply
  • Depressed about being a virgin at 22

Hey there. I'm a 22 year old (23 in December) male and being a virgin depresses me to such an extent that it's hindering me from getting on with life; I spend so much of my time masturbating on a consistent basis and easily get distracted due to sexual-frustration. It's ineffable me to describe...

Last reply
  • Depressed about the inevitable

I know there won’t be anything to comfort me. My biggest fear is losing my mother. Im 16 and she’s 50 so it’s inevitable. That scares me so bad. I cry daily and I don’t even feel like myself. I’m on Zoloft now but what can that help. I’m worried about things that WILL happen. I hate this so much. Life...

Last reply
  • Why do I feel like my ex planned everything to hurt me

Was happy in relationship for 16 years thought she was the one for me and all my mates did to so many left in shock and how she done it we have two Kids aged 10 and 6 and has destroyed them to when I lost my brother I was going thru so much and very depressed locked my self away couldn't talk to...

Last reply

Need help I've been drinking so know you will judge and.  Disregard this s but I. Want so much. To be gone. Truth is I'm scared of death   Of dying but if.  Life is so horrible and. I can. Choose myself. Then it has to be e better like.  Say I've been. Drinking tonight....

Last reply
  • Depression after quitting my jobs

For the past 3 months, I have held 2 jobs while being pregnant at the same time: I was severely nauseated / vomiting up until the last few days. On top of working so much, I was cleaning up the house after 8 other people I live with including my husband. The only other person who helps me clean is my...

Last reply
  • I’m really depressed

I’m really depressed and it’s kind of changed my perception on everything I feel it will never end I’m on Zoloft but I feel so helpless

Last reply
  • Will Cymbalta work 2nd time?

AdvertisementHey, The only antidepressant that ever has worked for me is Cymbalta. I took it 4 years ago for 8 months and I had never felt better during that time. I used to be depressed, fatigued, with sleep problem, anxiety and stress for years. But Cymbalta helped me. Once i quit it i slowly faded...

Last reply
  • I don't know where to turn I have no one that understands me

I am new to this...im 19 years old and have had a rough childhood from the beginning....Im not really sure what it is that I am going through I need some help and I don't know how to ask for it.It has gotten hard just to get up in the morning because i know whats waiting for me I cry myself to sleep...

Last reply
  • A bit of advice about a sick note and depression

hi all iv been signed of for the last two weeks by my gp for anxiety and depression. I'm due to go for an apoitment to see my dr on Monday to talk about where we go from here. I'm feeling a little bit worse then I did two weeks ago so I'm thinking he will prescribe some antidepressants or...

Last reply
  • Depressed boyfriend doesn't know how he feels.

Long story short (ish): My boyfriend of a year and a half told me he has suffered from depression for many years. The reason he aditted it to me was because he would be there one minute then the next not speak to me for days without any warning. That went on for awhile, but recently it got much worse....

Last reply
  • Please help me guyzz.. Being in a depresiion

Hello   I am 23 years of age. I am severely suffering from some unknown disease. I often feel like I am good at nothing. I avoid talking to people because I think I would sound stupid to them and they even won’t listen to me because I am stupid. I don’t have any friends to talk to. I don’t have...

Last reply
  • Still sounds like depression...?

Ok, so I had medication for 12 years then things went wrong and medication was changed in April this year. Things then got very bad, almist the worst Ive ever been. Extremely low, suicidal, risky harming behaviour etc. I started a new medication in august and i guess things are better in that my feelings...

Last reply
  • I Wanna Die Because I'm Stupid

I'm 22 and I feel too dumb and incompetent. I've been always good at school when it comes to memorizing,just because I used to study day and night, so I managed to get high grades from elementary school to high school and because school materials didn't require any sort of smartness I was...

Last reply
  • Switching from Sertraline to Fluoxetine???

I was on 50mg of Sertraline, I have gone ‘cold turkey’ without any withdrawal symptoms.  My GP did not specify how long after stopping the Sertraline, I should start the Fluoxetine. Has anyone any previous experience with switching, how long should I wait? (I’m 22, if that matters)

Last reply
  • Help, male depression and no feelings

Hi, for those of you who don't know my fiance of 9 years has been diagnosed with depression and on citalopram. He has some good bits in the day when he really tries but others very bad and anxious all the time especially in the morning. He said today he wants to look at me and feel happy, to hug...

Last reply
  • I'm Suffering From Depression, Even At Such A Young Age.

I'm Varun nd I'm 17 years old. I was just happy and so free in my childhood never felt somethin' bad nd alone. Everything goes well. But since I'm grew up, my problems, stress also grew up bigger than ever. Now I'm a 12th grade science student and I've tried a lot to focus on...

Last reply
  • Self-sabotaging, depression, help?

I’m a 25 year old male.  I’ve had issues with my mental health since as far back as I can remember, I always thought what I was feeling would just go away after time but it’s gradually got worse  I have a 3 year old son who I love more than anything else in the world, he’s my best friend,...

Last reply
  • Losing Faith in All Things

I'm in my late 40's, and my beautiful ex-fiance's betrayal has left me feeling worthless. This happened almost exactly a year ago. I even let her stay in my house after I found out, while she looked for and purchased another house. She wasn't exactly cerebral, but I loved her despite...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.