Skip to content

Depression

Also known as Clomipramine, Dosulepin, Dothiepin, Lofepramine, Postnatal Depression

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Loneliness

I'm not sure whether I suffer from depression or anxiety or both. I've been married for over11 years and prior to that we were together for 3 years. It was the natural progression for me to get married but he did it because i asked him to. So we were very close to each other and then kids …

Last reply
  • Pain Related Suicidal Depression

hi all... Im new here and am trying to reach out to others who may be experiencing suicidal thoughts related to chronic pain caused by a health condition. My doctors have, so far, refused to treat my pain and I feel that I may be nearing the end of my ability to withstand it and it leaves me …

Last reply
  • What right do I have!!!

Why do i feel more fearful each day? What right do I have? I have none, I'm a grown woman! Why do the tears fall? Is it self-pity? What right do have? I have none. I have wronged others, that's what I've done! Im a grown-up who feels as vulnerable as a child and all the while I'm …

Last reply
  • I don't think I can do anything anymore

I've had depression for a year now and to be honest, I'm not sure if I can do anything anymore. In my second semester in university, I slowly became quiet and think about how everybody's life would be better without me. The smallest things became overwhelming to me and one day I just …

Last reply
  • Really Struggling lately.

I've been struggling lately. I was diagnosed with depression at 15, been taking various medications since the age of 16. Now 22 the past still bothers me and i have today and the futures stress. My partner recently left me to be a single parent to our 7month old son which was planned. Me and my …

Last reply
  • I was broken up with due to depression, what to do?

Hi, my boyfriend of one year broke up with me 3 weeks ago saying that he needs to be alone and can't cope with having someone be dependent on him at the moment. He is suffering from what we both believe to be depression although he's never had an official diagnosis, but has said he' …

Last reply
  • Depression/anxiety or something else need reassurance

So i am 23 years old, and October of last year I had my first panic attack ever and ever since then I haven't been myself, it's been almost a year. Been to multiple doctors and had plenty of tests which normal except for the gastritis due to h pylori but after antibiotics it eradicated. But …

Last reply
  • 70 DAYS Fluoxetine FEEL EMPTY

I have had depression for a number of years and usually manage but a few things changed in my personal life about a year ago that shook me a bit more than usual. Was at my wits end and after trying exercising, cutting down alcohol, reading self help books, meditation, i decided to go the anti …

Last reply
  • Venlafaxine gives me bad headaces.

Hi .I have been on venlafaxine for 9 weeks now .My mood has improved. But the headaches are severe. Did anyone else have this side effect? I was previously on Setraline. But it stopped working. I would like to try another SSRI. As the side effects of things medication are severe.

Last reply
  • I dont care for much, and i feel as if i am getting more depressed

I dont really know where to start but s**t basically sucks, i feel almost emotionless so i dont kbow if that is nessisarily depression or what. I used to be an out going kid although i got messed with alot in school. I played and competed with bagpipes i had some good friends i played sports all …

Last reply
  • Completely lost

Hi everyone,  My boyfriend and I have just recently split up (not my choice) he suffers from depression which was diagnosed at the end of 2017. His moods changed, he became insecure and accused me of messaging other people. I originally thought he was going crazy and it was all a ‘joke’, …

Last reply
  • I feel hopeless and suicidal

Hi,  Ive recently been upp’d to 150mg Sertraline after being on 50mg , then 100mg  also after having a massive set back after a night of drinking. Its been a week and i’m feeling suicidal.  I feel like things will never get better , its been 2 years of having anxiety and depression …

Last reply
  • Emotional Unstable Personality Disorder

Magdalene Leela Davis on August 9, 2018 at 10:30 pm Your comment is awaiting moderation. Having BPD I identify with much of what you have all said. My salvation came with Jesus Christ. He is my friend and Savior, im happier now that im saving souls from hell both during and after life. Watching …

Last reply
  • I Wanna Die Because I'm Stupid

I'm 22 and I feel too dumb and incompetent. I've been always good at school when it comes to memorizing,just because I used to study day and night, so I managed to get high grades from elementary school to high school and because school materials didn't require any sort of smartness I …

Last reply
  • I don’t feel happy

It’s been two months since my breakup with my girlfriend.. I’ve gone on a couple of dates with a guy but ended it with him cause... I can’t help but not feel that connection I did with my ex. I’m wanting to go out with another guy but I’m afraid. I’ve recently been afraid of not being in a …

Last reply
  • Stuck

I feel so numb, unhappy and stuck if even possible. For a while now I have just felt unhappy, I have nothing going for me at the moment and I know I should feel greatful but I want more, I'm tired of feeling stuck. Sometimes I just think why am I even here there is no point.

Last reply
  • Is taking 3 x 7.5mg zopiclone an overdose?

My partner has just gone to bed feeling very depressed and I have just found a packet of Zopiclones he took: he took 3 x 7.5 = 22.5 mg. I don't think it is a lot as he used to take a hell of a lot more, but I wonder if I should worry? How many zopiclones does one need to take in order to start …

Last reply
  • Depressed boyfriend doesn't know what he wants

I've been seeing this guy for just over a month. Really new I know. HE (not me) decided I was his gf after a week. Pretty much like "It's been decided. You're not going anywhere" (all in a joking tone). I typically like to date someone for at least a month or two (seeing them …

Last reply
  • Pregnancy depression?

Hi I am 19 weeks pregnant with a much wanted and planned baby. However, as the pregnancy progresses, I am literally haunted by feelings I've never had in my life. I cannot stop crying. I feel guilty for my 13 year old. It was always just us, her whole life. We are so close. Now I'm going to …

Last reply
  • No passion for life :(

I have recently got into a lot of negativity and depression as I find no passion in my job and at work. My team is really good but I feel I am not challenged much. I have started doubting my self-worth and I feel like giving up on living. 

Last reply
  • Ahh I don't know what to do with my life.

I'm 25 yo and I'm just sitting in my room and doing nothing productive. The thing is I actually enjoy this. But my money is gonna run out, not so soon which is why I'm still slacking but I feel like people are judging me. I know I have to at least get a part time job but I'm really …

Last reply
  • Beat your depression

If you suffer from depression, having a pet can help alleviate this condition. Studies have shown that individuals who own pets are less likely to have depression. Having a pet will help you feel less isolated. Since pets need care, you will feel a sense of being needed. A feeling of being needed …

Last reply
  • In need of advice

Hi! I have posted a while ago but feel like i need some support.  I have depression and i take AD’s daily. I feel like i’m getting to a point in my longgggggg and hard journey of many lows where i feel semi-stable. I feel like i can support myself again. Im not saying i’m good as i could …

Last reply
  • coming off Codeine and feeling depressed

i was badly addicted to codeine and was abusing the medication by taking near 64 12.8 mg tablets a day, after getting help i am finally off them i have been off them for a week now which was hard work, but i am feeling very depressed and it seems to be getting worse does anyone know what could be …

Last reply
  • catatonic depression?

I have had memory problems for a few years, and recently word finding difficulties it is probably a brain condition of some sort. Recently i have had a lot of difficulty trying to find words or moving, recently i sat somewhere for 30 minutes trying to find words i understood what i meant but i …

Last reply
  • Anxiety so bad you keep falling over

Last year they put me in hospital to try ans cure my depression but it didn't. M anxiety is now so bad that if I go out alone I freeze to the spot and if I try to carry on I fall down.  Somebody then kindly helped me home but if I tried again the same thing would happen, I feel anxious …

Last reply
  • Feels like my soul is dying

I need to talk to someone who cares, someone who talks about more than work or the weather. I feel like I need to tell someone how much I hurt, how sad I am. I don’t want to hear “you always feel this way” or “shape up” or have them walk away in disgust. I just want them to hold me let me cry and …

Last reply
  • ending things

i’ve been awake for hours now and been feeling low and i think i’m at the end and i’m scared i want to talk i suppose but that would make other people’s problems worse they shouldn’t have to deal with mine 

Last reply
  • Depression

I have had depression for about 25 years, it was manageable for 20 years. But now I am that bad I am looking forward to dying. I have nothing at all to live for. My life is a waste of time. I never see a soul, never go through the door, I also have social phobia and agrophobia. On top of that I …

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.