Skip to content

Depression

Also known as Clomipramine, Dosulepin, Dothiepin, Lofepramine, Postnatal Depression

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Pinned

Depression Resources

Below are listed recommended resources for users who wish to read more about depression, get self help, treatments etc. Users can also post the link to this discussion in any replies to guide users to this info. The post will not go for moderation as it is an internal link. The link to post is https://patient.info/forums/discuss/depression-resources-298570...

Last reply
  • Pinned

Are you in crisis? Please read

If you are feeling in despair, or are having thoughts relating to self-harm, it can be hard to realise that there is any hope. But there is hope and there is help available to you – so please do ask. The Samaritans Helpline is available 24 hours a day and you can call free on 116 123 from the UK. HOPELineUK...

Last reply
  • Can Depression/Anxiety make you think you don't love someone?

Hello, thanks for reading and I apologize for the length.  About a month and a half ago, something happened in my relationship (my fault) that kind of triggered (at first) an enormous amount of guilt.. which then subsided a little bit. I was good for a few days and then bam... "do I love him?"...

Last reply
  • How can i tell if i’m depressed

Hi,  Firstly i find this whole thing hard to explain and be open about but i have been doing a lot of research about how i have been feeling recently and everything seems to point at the possibility that i could be mildly depressed.  I’m unsure if this is the case and i wanted to explain...

Posted
  • Depression

Ok so i  was really depressed and found out vitamins d3 level were 10 really low and I was prescribed vitamins for 4 months  know I also I found out vitamins d deficiency make you depressed  can this be positive also vitamins d deficiency can make you sick often I have a sinus allergies...

Last reply
  • Please help

I don’t know why I feel this way. Anytime my sister gets sad I end up crying myself to sleep because it is my fault (etc. sister fighting with father, cousin yelling at me for not getting them something...). Anyways anything that happens is my fault, is this normal, am I overreacting?

Posted
  • i want an opinion...

i donot know what to say.... i just hate everyone responsible for what me and my family  is facing...  you must be thinking that i'm talking about someone not part of family but here comes the bitter truth that they are my so called family... they are so mean and selfish.. they left us...

Last reply
  • Cannabis -- help for anxiety and depression?

I live in Vancouver, Canada, and recently discovered a medical cannabis outlet called the Compassion Club. It's a non-profit and has been operating for 21 years. After a referral from my doctor and an interview with a knowledgeable staff person, I spent about $100 on cannabis concoctions that will...

Last reply
  • Partner has been on citalopram for just over 4 months

My partner has been on citalopram for just over 4 months now my question is, is it still OK to have bad days for him? He goes back to his normal self after a day or so, the tablets have been amazing for him no side effects nothing and they seem to be working.

Last reply
  • I don't know how to go on? I guess?

Hello I'm a 18-year-old girl from earth. For about a year by now I've been feeling gone and emotionally numb ect.. I've been waning to write to a mental health forum for a while for advice, and now I'm finally doing it! There's a...

Last reply
  • How am I meant to cope?

It's all gone downhill, through no fault of my own. I have been really I'll and was nearly hospitalised twice i think. Question us can continuous I'll health make you depressed? I don't normally say I'll jump but said I would yesterday. Does this warrant psychiatric help? Will I be...

Last reply
  • Depressed after major life change

Please read my story and I would be so grateful of some advice and support. I've recently slipped into depression after a major life transition. I hope I don't sound too ungrateful, because my situation may sound absolutely idyllic. I realise that people have far, far worse problems in life....

Last reply
  • My Life is Worthless. Why Can't I Just Die?

I've overcome a lot of things in my life, but now that I'm an adult I feel absolutely worthless. I was diagnosed with Autism at age 3, making me quite rare since I'm also a girl. I was told I wouldn't be able to do a lot of things. And while I've proven those quacks wrong by graduating...

Last reply
  • What is wrong with me???

I don't know what to write. I get really low at times and even think about suicide which I never thought I would do. I just can't see past wanting to end this misery and let everyone else be happy without me here.  I have a wonderful husband that does his best to make me happy and care for...

Last reply
  • Good days are good, bad days are sooooo bad

I developed very bad depression due to chronic migrianes.  So bad I tried to kill myself.  Ive gotten better and my good days are good.  But anything can take a good day to a nightmare and quickly slip into a life is over, I wanta die again.  Like twice in the last month. ...

Last reply
  • Lingering Migraines and Vertigo leading to dangerous depression

I've been dealing with vertigo and migraines since March. They are debilitating. Multiple hospital visits have only ended with doctors saying there is nothing wrong with me. Vestibular therapy has helped the vertigo a bit. However the migraines remain. I can't even sit in a chair without developing...

Last reply
  • X99 X99
  • Going through heartbreak.. I need help

I dated this girl for a year and four months. She broke up with me because she didn’t feel like she was mentally stable for a relationship and I try my best to respect it and give her space... but I can’t help but think “maybe if I send her this I’ll get her back” she still claims she loves me.... and...

Last reply
  • Fighting the depression

I have been on 50 mg of Zoloft for 4 weeks now. RIght now, every time I take a pill, I try to convince myself that things will be better tomorrow. It has to get better eventually. I keep telling myself every day that it’s going to get better, and sometimes I even believe myself. Other times though, I...

Last reply
  • Missed tablet for a few hours, caused anxiety

Hi! Ive been on sertraline for 10 month, started at 50, 6 month ago became 100 however if i miss a dose by a few hours i get really bad anxiety, doctor said if this carries on may need dose upping to 150, has anyone else experienced this, does upping the dose help, im only 20 so really wanting to get...

Last reply
  • Are my mood swings im getting now a sign of improvement

Hello, after an unsuccessful switch to citalopram, am now on venlafaxine, 150mg for 5 weeks. The citalopram disaster and long drawn out switch to ven, made me more depressed than ive ever been. I was constantly terrified and really down, all the time. No good days at all. First 4 weeks on ven 150mg dose,...

Last reply
  • Are my mood swings im getting now a sign of improvement

Hello, after an unsuccessful switch to citalopram, am now on venlafaxine, 150mg for 5 weeks. The citalopram disaster and long drawn out switch to ven, made me more depressed than ive ever been. I was constantly terrified and really down, all the time. No good days at all. First 4 weeks on ven 150mg dose,...

Last reply
  • Trying to stop dreams to sleep

I dont know why after my divorce I cant sleep. I lay there and think about my ex wife. She cheated and i cant hate her but i dont want to think anymore at night. We were together 20yrs. I just dont know what to do.

Last reply
  • I've had depression for 8 years. What can I do?

Long story short, I've been in a hole ever since my mother passed away from cancer 8 years ago. I held her hand until it happened and the second I saw life leave her eyes, my own life felt like it ended. I could never go back to how I was and who I was. At the time I was 14 and I had given up on...

Last reply
  • I'm a hypocrite

I've told other people on here not to do anything 'stupid'. But I have times when I really have had enough and don't want to be here anymore. I don't really want to k*ll myself, I've just simply had enough. I've had my initial appointment with the mental health team but that...

Last reply
  • Hello, I'm sorry to bother you all

I'm an older person and have lost my Dad, Mum and Sister to brain tumours. My Mum Aldo's had dementia and I had her living with me for a while. Unfortunately I had a brain Hemorraghe and couldn't look after her anymore. She has passed away now bless her. I just feel so alone now

Last reply
  • Why bother

Go on a nice holiday they all said, it will be good for you too relax. So here I am stuck in not so sunny Mexico. All the wife is bothered about is swimming and sex. I can't swim and since being on anti depressants the sex ain't much too behold. All I want to do myself is get into the rough water...

Last reply
  • Depression and reduced cognitive ability.

Hi, So I’ve been wanting to talk about this for quite some time because I’ve been researching these symptoms for months on end and haven't really managed to pin it down properly but I trueley believe it’s a level of depression, but maybe it’s something else... So last August I started to...

Last reply
  • Venlafaxine gives me bad headaces.

Hi .I have been on venlafaxine for 9 weeks now .My mood has improved. But the headaches are severe. Did anyone else have this side effect? I was previously on Setraline. But it stopped working. I would like to try another SSRI. As the side effects of things medication are severe.

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.