Skip to content

Depression

Also known as Clomipramine, Dosulepin, Dothiepin, Lofepramine, Postnatal Depression

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Pinned

Depression Resources

Below are listed recommended resources for users who wish to read more about depression, get self help, treatments etc. Users can also post the link to this discussion in any replies to guide users to this info. The post will not go for moderation as it is an internal link. The link to post is https://patient.info/forums/discuss/depression-resources-298570...

Last reply
  • Pinned

Are you in crisis? Please read

If you are feeling in despair, or are having thoughts relating to self-harm, it can be hard to realise that there is any hope. But there is hope and there is help available to you – so please do ask. The Samaritans Helpline is available 24 hours a day and you can call free on 116 123 from the UK. HOPELineUK...

Last reply
  • Depression from medication

Hey guys I have reason to believe I'm having depression from an antipsychotic medication called invega. My pharmasist friend told me that it decreases something called dopamine in your brain I'm wondering if getting on anti depressants could help reverse this or perhaps that just touches base...

Posted
  • Borderline personality disorder HELP

I was diagnosed with BPD 6 months ago. Therapy has helped a lot, but now I feel like it takes the smallest thing to set me off. No one understands and I try to explain why I over think, get upset over silly things. I go into 'a zone' where everything seems much worse than it is, what could be...

Last reply
  • not having any support from home

hey whoever is out there just need some advice? I was adopted when I was 1 year old and been with my adopted family for 17 years and don't get on with them at all since being in contact with my birth dad but basically I've been diagnosed with depression and i drink a hell of a lot and I've...

Last reply
  • I am a worthless and stupid teenager

I am a 16 years old girl who lives with my mom, has no siblings and no dad so it's just us together. I was diagnosed with depression and adhd, but also was diagnosed with bipolar from a different psychiatrist but I guess the bipolar one is false diagnosis. I am very dumb and no matter how hard I...

Last reply
  • Duloxetine to setraline

Stopped taking duloxetine after 6 weeks as they were making me lazy , physically and emotionally and feel better already . Starting setraline on Thursday so I’ll have the weekend to adjust 

Last reply
  • I don't have the will to live no more

I am 28 year old trans girl but don't get to be that way I knew I was different since 4 but cause of relationship and kids being me was put on hold but recently I have been working like mad at a hotel 12 hr shifts 7 days a week for a few months doing 200+ hrs to get under paid I lost my relationship...

Last reply
  • Depression whilst Pregnant and in hospital. help please.

Hi all. I have entered details of my daughters condition some time ago, but now she is 36 weeks pregnant with her second child, suffering severely, we now have concerns with help that she is in need of. There are many health and mental issues she has to deal with, Anxiety, Depression,...

Last reply
  • Depression is taking hold

Where do I start I have suffered with anxiety and depression for a while now and have only just recently admitted it and got help in the form of medication something I didn't want to do but it is helping a little, past couple of weeks has got quite bad again money problems are causing my 8 year...

Last reply
  • I feel so lonely and isolated

Hi guys, So basically I'm a survivor of attempted suicide I've tried 4 times and all 4 have failed. I have attempted in 7 months or thought about it but recently I've had a lot of thoughts and been ready to jump and actually try my best to die. I am getting help with my alcohol counsellor...

Last reply
  • How do you come back?

Hi people, I barely ever write on here, as most days I feel I don't need to.  But today is different.  I need someone with brains that work to tell me how you come back from wanting to jump or think about it, most days like I feel at present.  3 weeks ago I texted a counsellor I was...

Last reply
  • Loneliness can be crippling.

It may seem whinny , but it has been bothering me. I do not consider myself as some great prize or anything , however part of me does seek companionship. I've been alone for about 10 years now , I don't know if it's just I'm just unattractive or good enough whatever. I did have a semblance...

Last reply
  • Really no motivation. Where is my fight?

I am completely lost. Today it's not that I cannot answer phones and, or, talk to anybody as such it's the fact I don't want to. I was doing roughly ok until about two hours ago. Now I'm back at crap setting. And it's noisy in my head. I can't think properly or focus. Don't...

Last reply
  • Can Depression/Anxiety make you think you don't love someone?

Hello, thanks for reading and I apologize for the length.  About a month and a half ago, something happened in my relationship (my fault) that kind of triggered (at first) an enormous amount of guilt.. which then subsided a little bit. I was good for a few days and then bam... "do I love him?"...

Last reply
  • I don't think I'll make it this time....

I have struggled with Depression for 30 years but I'm sooo tired of this life, the fight to be ok which is a fight that I keep losing. My Psychiatrist recently changed my meds due to side affects but the new medication hasn't begun to work yet. I'm so sad, weepy, lonely, tired and my mind...

Last reply
  • Someone to talk to please.

This is just going to be me complaining about my "boo-hoo" life. I had been over life and was going through with it, my friend found and stopped me though. It was after a breakup and years of loss: friends committing suicide; some murdered from inter-gang violence; and relatives dying of cancer,...

Last reply
  • Sudden relationship anxiety

Hi, sorry this is gonna be a long one!  I have been with my boyfriend for just over 2 years, we had a rocky start due to my anxiety and depression, which he helped me through, but I have never ever been happier than the last 1 and a half years.  Things were that amazing we bought a house together...

Last reply
  • Going to take 75mg Dosulepin for anxiety - Experiences?

Hello I am currently coming off Mirtazapine as the Doctor has prescribed me Dosulepin. I seemed to be dizzy and the anxiety on mirtazapine seemed worse after 4 months on them ! I am no longer depressed tho. I have tried Citalopram previously and had such a nasty reaction to the first tablet (panic,...

Last reply
  • I wish I was dead. Tired of living.

I really don't want to live anymore.  I'm alone but do have some friends.  Have a grown daughter that has a busy life and no time for me.  I think people would be sad and miss me, but not terribly.  They'll get over it.  I recently had major surgery and it went well. ...

Last reply
  • Am i being paranoid?

I feel really really unhappy about people who sitting around me or stand next to me, they always touching their noses like i am smelly or something. I don't know if i am a smelly person. I am a clean person. I always take shower in the morning and night. I wash my hair every night. I also use...

Last reply
  • Giving up on getting better!

Hi guys, I have made a previous post about antidepressants and how they are not working on me,my doctor now has put me on another set! (Fourth one now) and honestly o just feel like giving up now! I am a lot better than I was last year but still just want to get rid of this,I don’t want to just transfer...

Last reply
  • Some say suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem

But what if your situation is not the temporary? I am a male in my upper 40s and here is my situation. I have been working since 23 in IT field mostly on Wall Street and eventually becoming an entrepreneur with 5 different incomes by my low 30s. Starting in 2008 thing started to unravel and go down...

Last reply
  • X99 X99
  • Wish I Was Dead

I'm 40 years old. Married with 2 young children and I honestly wish I was dead. I dont think Im in danger of hurting myself but I do want to die. I am in a lifeless marriage where my wife feels like my roommate. Im working jobs for very low wages and Im in debt up to my eyeballs with debt collectors...

Last reply
  • Dothiepin

I have been taking 175mg of this medication for 18 years...I am in my late 60's and worried about whether my memory is impaired after this length of time + what other long-term issues could be associated with this drug?

Last reply
  • Struggling to deal with boyfriend's depression.

My boyfriend and I have been dating for almost a year now. About 6 months in to our relationship, he started displaying some pretty clear warning signs for depression. He wasn't sleeping or eating well, he stopped exercising and doing pretty much everything except going to work and coming home. He...

Last reply
  • I'm done!!!!

Okay name is Alex I 've seen all your cases and I can relate to all of them I was adopted when I was a kid and I always noticed my parents always put me aside and to top it off they even made a special room for me out side the house and at first i thought ey they didnt love me or why did they push...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.