Lexapro and tremors

Posted , 11 users are following.

Sorry everyone this is my third post but I'm getting kind of nervous. I've been taking Lexapro for about four days and the dosage is just 5 mg. I'm not on any other medication and never have been. The pill makes me very tired and depressed but it also is making my head and legs vibrate and tremor. This gives me bad headaches and makes me dizzy and causes me to feel detached from my surroundings. I made a call to my doctor and therapist and waiting to hear back from them. Is this common? Will something worse happen? I'm so scared. Is it just the pill talking action and getting out of my system? Any advice would be great sad

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

dont worry. i had really bad side effects with celexa. when i stopped they all went away.

it WONT be permanent

• Posted

Thank you so much for your advice and I'm glad you're feeling better

• Posted

No worries...you have only been on it a couple days.

But...I wouldn't take it again until I talked to the Dr...even then I probably wouldn't take it...if it made me feel like that!

• Posted

Thanks so much. I talked to my nurse and therapist today and they told me not to take it until I see the doctor tomorrow who comes in once a week.
    • Posted

hey i am going through the same situation can you update me about your situation with the tremors because i have stopped taking lexapro and i dont want to take it again im scared can you give me some hope

• Posted

Thank you both for your replies. Lexapro has side effects of seizures so I'm very nervous these tremors are saying I'm going to have one. (Knock on wood) I've never had seizures or been diagnosed with epilepsy I just freak out. I don't want these symptoms to get worse

• Posted

Don't worry I get this to and I've had an MRI scan, all clear. I started on 5mg for one month then 10mg for three months and now I'm taking 15mg escitalopram and I'm just starting to feel better so if I were you id learn from my mistake and take more quicker than I did as I was scared of the prescription and didn't want to increase and now wish I had sooner, I also have coconut oil which is the best known food for the brain.

I also get a weird eye shake when I'm trying to relax hope you feel better soon and remember try to laugh at yourself more rather than think the worst.

• Posted

Hey everyone thank you for all your replies it means so much we can all be in this awful state together. My therapist and doctor told me to stop taking it and I was only on 5mg of Lexapro so it wouldn't be that big of a deal since its like 2 whole pills all together. But I feel my tremors and twitches are getting worse. It almost feels like vertigo and gives me a lot of anxiety. I don't know if it's just running through my system still or what? But it seems they are worse than yesterday. Is this common? No one can tell I'm having them either.

• Posted

Yes its very common I had them on waking and lasted for hours, and if I exerted myself like after a run they seemed to get worse for weeks in fact I had them in total 12 weeks before they just stopped all of a sudden, at one point I thought I may have Parkinson's disease, seems silly looking back but that's how worried I was about it, they were internal tremors for me to nobody else could see them. Try not to worry you will get better and they do disappear

• Posted

hey Mr.Danny can i get some advice as I'm going through the same situation just like you did .I was prescribed 10mg of Escitalopram after being diagnosed with health anxiety and panic attacks note that I'm only 18 . At first i was nervous taking one then i somehow took the first dose at the morning i did get the side effects right away like being dry mouthed and bodily ache , the other day I didn't take any and went to the doctor , ,he brushed it off by saying the aches were due to my poor posture but he did agreed on dry mouthed being an anxiety symptoms so then i started to take it again took it for 3 straight days and tapered because i was busy and forgot to take the med , i then experienced other known side effects like brain zaps and jolts which lasted for a week , went to the doctor and he told me to not withdraw it and take it with a flow (like every day) i then took it for 3 more days after which then i realized this tablet was not for me it made me feel dizzy , weird and restless like which i didn't had any before when i was on the medication .I made a decision of not taking it anymore no matter how depressed or stressed i am .As the day passed my withdrawal symptoms started to go away i kinda felt relaxed little did i know about the next morning when i When i woke up i had that buzzing vibrating feeling in my body especially head it was hard to describe like it was not on the outside but rather i could feel it in the inside just like you it lasted for few hours and got worse if i tried to take a run to ignore it , i had it for three days straight and i was annoyed i couldn't figure it as was causing it , the 3rd day when i got the tremor/buzzing sensation i decided to take the escitalopram again .It made me super drowsy that day and i was all sleepy the next day i didn't felt any of the tremors and i thought it went away i didn't take the dose and continued my day the passed and boom ! the tremors came again and its been three more days and they are still bothering me , i went to a neuro physician he recommended me Librex and Pronalenol a beta blocker i didn't take it as i was afraid of the side effects

So my concern is that i don't want to take any kind of Anti depressant again in my whole life as my experience has been the worst with them and have left me feeling miserable but i do want to end the tremor and buzzing feeling as well but without taking The escitalopram again .Can you give me any hope of them getting away any time soon or should i freak out because if they are permanent i might not live normal again . Any advice would be appreciated I'd be waiting for your reply

• Posted

hi there -

i know its been a couple years since this post, but i've been experiencing something similar since taking lexapro. ive had a kinetic tremot ever since taking the medication last year in september 2022. i only took the lexapro for 3 weeks, but the tremors persist to this day. im curious to know if you ever found answers for your situation?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.