Lexapro and tremors

Posted , 8 users are following.

Sorry everyone this is my third post but I'm getting kind of nervous. I've been taking Lexapro for about four days and the dosage is just 5 mg. I'm not on any other medication and never have been. The pill makes me very tired and depressed but it also is making my head and legs vibrate and tremor. This gives me bad headaches and makes me dizzy and causes me to feel detached from my surroundings. I made a call to my doctor and therapist and waiting to hear back from them. Is this common? Will something worse happen? I'm so scared. Is it just the pill talking action and getting out of my system? Any advice would be great sad

0 likes, 17 replies

Report / Delete

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

No worries...you have only been on it a couple days.

But...I wouldn't take it again until I talked to the Dr...even then I probably wouldn't take it...if it made me feel like that!

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Thank you both for your replies. Lexapro has side effects of seizures so I'm very nervous these tremors are saying I'm going to have one. (Knock on wood) I've never had seizures or been diagnosed with epilepsy I just freak out. I don't want these symptoms to get worse

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Don't worry I get this to and I've had an MRI scan, all clear. I started on 5mg for one month then 10mg for three months and now I'm taking 15mg escitalopram and I'm just starting to feel better so if I were you id learn from my mistake and take more quicker than I did as I was scared of the prescription and didn't want to increase and now wish I had sooner, I also have coconut oil which is the best known food for the brain.

I also get a weird eye shake when I'm trying to relax hope you feel better soon and remember try to laugh at yourself more rather than think the worst.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hey everyone thank you for all your replies it means so much we can all be in this awful state together. My therapist and doctor told me to stop taking it and I was only on 5mg of Lexapro so it wouldn't be that big of a deal since its like 2 whole pills all together. But I feel my tremors and twitches are getting worse. It almost feels like vertigo and gives me a lot of anxiety. I don't know if it's just running through my system still or what? But it seems they are worse than yesterday. Is this common? No one can tell I'm having them either.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Yes its very common I had them on waking and lasted for hours, and if I exerted myself like after a run they seemed to get worse for weeks in fact I had them in total 12 weeks before they just stopped all of a sudden, at one point I thought I may have Parkinson's disease, seems silly looking back but that's how worried I was about it, they were internal tremors for me to nobody else could see them. Try not to worry you will get better and they do disappear

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I've taken Lexipro for almost half a year now and the first month or so is always the worst. The med doesn't start working for about 4 weeks. Hang in there

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi jannine. Did you ever start feeling better? I’m taking 10mg Lexapro and I’ve been experiencing tremors throughout the day. I take it at 10 AM. I’m only day 4 and I’m not really liking the side effects. 
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hello Adriana! I actually switched over to Zoloft and have been doing better. I’ve been taking 25mg for the past 7 days. I’ve been able to sleep and feeling a lot better. The only thing I’ve really experienced was constant yawning, gas (lol) and some constipation. & to be completely honest....I’ve turned my life around and drawn closer to God. He has given me all the peace I’ve been searching for. It’s an everyday thing but I can honestly say I’ve been feeling a ton better! Be strong in the Lord, you will overcome anxiety! It is well 

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up