Depressed girlfriend has shut me out and don’t know what to do

Posted , 3 users are following.

Never posted on a forum before but im really struggling. Been in a long term relationship for 4 years now. My girlfriend told me about her depression at the start but its not been an issue at all until now. We live separately. Then one day my girlfriend told me she was depressed and stopped talking to me or seeing me. Ive been texting just to check in but now theres no response for the past few weeks. Its been 4 months since we actually spoke. Ive offered my support, not pressured her to talk but its killing me. I cant sleep now and its affecting my mental health. I love my girlfriend with all my heart and i want to support her and be there for her but what do i do if theres a brick wall. Im heartbroken and having read similar posts on here i feel really depressed. I know i cant fix my girlfriend but i just dont want to be shut out. its like i dont exist anymore and it hurts like hell.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Edited

hi kenzie, how dedicated and caring are you? send her a heartfelt message and tell her you miss her, you care for her, you're there for her and if she needs you she knows where you are. you can only do so much, you have to protect yourself though. be honest and see what you get back. fingers crossed this works. i hope this helps.....🤞🤞🤞

• Posted

Thanks for the reply.

I just feel so helpless. I really want to support my girlfriend. I miss her so much

• Edited

hi kenzie, i know you do. if you've told her that's all you can do. she knows your number let her reach out to you, unless you feel she's unsafe in which case contact adult social care....🤞🤞🤞🙏🙏

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.