Are you in crisis? Please read

Posted , 56 users are following.

If you are feeling in despair, or are having thoughts relating to self-harm, it can be hard to realise that there is any hope. But there is hope and there is help available to you – so please do ask. The Samaritans Helpline is available 24 hours a day and you can call free on 116 123 from the UK. HOPELineUK provides support for children and young people (up to the age of 35) on 0800 068 41 41. While our forums can provide invaluable support, it is important to note that they are not moderated 24 hours a day and are not monitored by healthcare professionals. Other users may not read or respond to your post immediately. If they do then their advice, whilst it may be given with the best intentions, may not be the best advice for you. With issues such as this it is important that you get the right help, quickly. Please do read our information leaflet at https://patient.info/health/dealing-with-suicidal-thoughts for a wide variety of sources of help and support.

24 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Thank you, I think I'll find support in this forum, because many people here like me and in despair.

• Posted

Thanks. Lots of persons were somehow don't know how, why, and what to do in this kind of situation. Just need to let them know that there's someone cares for them.

• Posted

Samaritans are obviously under far more pressure than ever before... I was put on hold and told to wait.... Or request call back. Not good enough if you're in crisis.

• Posted

You are aware the Samaritans are a charity, not some funded organ of the UK government?

The present social situation is difficult for so many people that the Samaritans under very severe pressure.

If people were to make donations on a regular basis to them, that would help them have more people to offer support. Their care maybe free at the point of use, but it is not free to provide.

Unfortunately in this life katehippy, sometimes we have to wait .... even when we do not want to.

• Posted

That's a bad thing that people have to wait on the line. Do they use hired personnel or volunteers?

• Posted

The Samaritans Helpline number in Doncaster is useless and should not be given as a help source. I phoned as was extremely down and as have no family in England and called. I was told as I have not taken any overdose or harmed myself by the woman on the end of phone at Samaritans then she could not help, as other people need help more and was disconnected. This just made me feel worse and felt more towards taking over dose. Am still on edge as getting no help in Doncaster. The Samaritans are the worst option to call unless you have done self harm, they reject you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.