Do probiotics really work for depression?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'd love to hear any positive or negative experiences.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

there’s no definitive proof, that probiotics help with depression. However, there is the talk of a possibility of helping with depression. It depends who you talk to. A pharmacist once told me that probiotics don’t really do that much. Another doctor told me they really help with the intestinal issues. Actually, it doesn’t hurt to take them so you could try that.

• Posted

hi rafael, i only use probiotics for gastric problems or put fruit in for breakfasts, or puddings. i have never used probiotics for depression. dark chocolate is meant to help somehow, try speaking to people, walking a dog, seeing family etc, go to groups, find out or try to discover what's made you in to this state? if you find probiotics work please tell us!!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.