Has anyone come off Valdoxan cold turkey?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi,

Was on Valdoxan 25mg for 14 months and have been off it for 5 days. Struggling to sleep and have minimal energy and feel a bit grumpy especially when woken up. Just wondering how long this lasts?

Was on Xanax, 2mg x 4 daily. Came off that cold turkey. This withdrawal is nowhere near as bad as that. That was horrid but the Valdoxan withdrawal isn't good either.

Thanks for reading.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Did your doctor tell you to do this?
    • Posted

No but have told my doctor I'm doing it. It's $60 for 4 weeks, Valdoxan is just an extra expense I would like to not have. I'm trying to have a baby and ideally don't want to be taking anything. I was put on Valdoxan to help me sleep. My Mum passed 2 months later, so I stayed on it.
    • Posted

Im sorry for your loss but it is never a good idea to suddenly stop medication and if your doctors ok with this I'd change doctors!!
    • Posted

I think he's not too concerned as I did it cold turkey with the Xanax. Just hate being this grumpy. Hope it'll pass soon. Thanks for your help
  • Posted

My advice is you shld never come off medication cold turkey, u shld do it gradually. I have been on mirtazapine for 7 months and am tethering off them slowly, and am feeling fine.

D

• Posted

Will give it another week.

Really don't want to be on anything when pregnant.

Thanks so much 😊

• Posted

Why on earth would any doc suggest going off any med cold turkey?  Or was it your choice?  It causes all the symptoms you describe and there are easier, less painful ways to do it.  SLOWLY.  Getting off anything but alcohol won't kill you but it can certainly make you feel like hell for weeks on end.

• Posted

valdoxan doesnt need to be tapered off, you can stop cold turkey. if you get any symtoptons then its your mental illness coming back. at least thats what ive heard as a fellow valdoxan comsumer

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.