😃

Posted , 7 users are following.

Omg I just have to share my amazing night, I have worked in London for 25 years, one thing I have contributed to my drinking is the after work drinking and believe me the states I've got myself into is beyond disgraceful!

However a friend met me from work at 5 (it is now 11)! And in have consumed 5 drinks small glasses of wine, I am currently chatting to my husband who is in shock at picking me up relatively sober, I am so so proud of myself and although mindful of my units and telling my friend of my alcohol probs I have had a thoroughly lovely time πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ

3 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Great news Rachel, well done, you deserve it.

How did your friend respond?

Β 

• Posted

Escar

She was fabulous, actually made light of it which made me feel very comfortable πŸ˜ƒ

• Posted

Well done Rachel

Its such a good feeling when that happens and you feel in control and manage to drink responsibly smile I too have had an amazing few weeks . I have drunk everyday but never a bottle ! normally one glass then another diluted with lemonade . My health , relationship with my kids and anxiety levels have improved so much plus Ive lost weight so thats a bonus . Carry on feeling great and well done x

• Posted

Thats the weird part with me aswell, all the times I try'd to stay 100% sober I gained weight.

Now I'm cutting down, I'm lossing it fastΒ biggrin

People might think, something is wrong with merolleyes

Β 

• Posted

Personally , I have discovered with experience and constant effort over the years ....cutting down gradually is the healthier way . I have not had withdrawals , I dont feel deprived . I see it as like a sensible diet and being kind to myself . Now I have my routine of one glass of white then one dilutued I dont really feel the need for more . Its not easy all the time but managable . Infact because I only drink white at home now because I cant dilute red , the white almost doesnt taste like alchohol to me anymore . I had lunch out yesterday and had a glass of red . That was a treat to me . I feel very strongly that we are creatures of habit ! Ive been drinking herbal green and peppermint tea for weeks ! . I didnt really like it that much but now I prefer it to normal tea because its become a habit . Much healthier for you smile

IΒ  expect people will notice your eyes looking brighter more than your loss of weight escargot smile

• Posted

This just totally mimics exactly how I feel, long may the new habits reign 😘
    • Posted

Oh I'm struggling with the weight thing but one thing at a time I guess, thanks for your positive comments as ever escar xx
    • Posted

Yeah, even me, when looking in the mirror........Gasp.....what a boutifull, good looking guy I am LOL

Β 

• Posted

Absoloutely right, first things first.

Being sober, I'm so much more capable managing my life, and thanks Rachel.

Β 

• Posted

I am so thrilled for you Rachel.Β  Let the pride and plesure that you are feeling now carry you through to bigger and better achievements.Β  Well done!!!!!

xxxxxxx

• Posted

Sounds like you are finding out who you really are and loving who you really are. Β I hope to do the same. Β I guess it acceptance and not perfection of being someone we are not.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.