?????

Posted , 4 users are following.

Do ESR and CRP readings go up if you have OA?  Never quite sure!

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Mmm not sure , but would also like to know which blood test shows if you have rhumetoid arthritis? as i have OA but have been tested a few years ago for RA but came back ok, but i cant remember what blood test was done that tests for it.
    • Posted

I don't believe OA shows up on CRP or ESR as it's not classed as auto immune inflammatory disease. I've never had a positive for either and am diagnosed with OA. If OA's progressed  to NO cartledge in affected joints it can cause inflammation in those joints though. This is what I was told at diagnoses. PMR can cause them to rise I think. rolleyes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.