Skip to content

Osteoarthritis

New discussion Join group Also known as Arthritis - Osteoarthritis

All discussions in this group

Next
  • adele64313 1
  • jo42444 3

Plaquenil for Osteoarthritis

I was diagnosed with osteo in hands and feet. This was after 2 and a half years. I was first diagnosed with Polymyalgia rheumatica and was put on steroids for 22 months. Switched rheumatologist who advised this was wrong and to get off steroids. I did and things are much worse. Both shoulders,

3 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • silvana4865 1

Bedridden with hip osteoarthritis

Hello, hoping someone can give me advise. In the last 6 months my hip has got worse with osteoarthritis. This week I can not walk, crippling pain to the point Oramorph doesn't work. I'm only 52 its been brought on quickly for reasons my consultant discovered I was born with hip dysplasia. I am

16 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • brenda57176 1

severe pain

Ive been diagnosed with degenerative osteoarthritis about 3 years ago; after my MRI; i am in pain 24/7; i have it all over my body; not a place in my body doesnt hurt.  I sleep terrible; i have NO medical; im on panado painpills; recently bloodpressure bilocor and anti inflammatories; i tried lyrica;...

5 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • kimberly80167 1
  • caringbah 4

I'm weighing up surgery on my thumb joints

I have osteo arthritis of both thumb joints. I'm 70, still very active ( currently on a skiing holiday) and work full time in my business. My condition is getting increasingly painful. I get by with painkillers. I have seen a surgeon but I'm really concerned about the long recovery time.  Has

295 replies 4 votes Last reply
  • noplaybarbie 5

Severe Osteoarthritis all over my body...

Hi, I am new to this forum, and really am seeking any information I can find. Just wondering if anyone knows of or has osteoarthritis all over, I mean everywhere. I have it in my feet, ankles, knees, hips, spine, hands, fingers, and elbows and shoulders. My right hip is gone I need a total hip replacement,...

16 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • dian2 2

Osteo. down right side

Hello. I have just been diagnosed with osteoarthritis in my shoulder, hand, wrist and knee all down the right side. The pain started in the knee first then the hand then the shoulder and the elbow. Is it possible for it to then continue down the left side as I am now getting pain in the left knee

20 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • lesley1954 3

Degenerative disc disease

I have posted on the forums before. I suffer with degenerative disc disease which is affecting most of my spine. In my neck it is affecting c1/c2, c2/c3, c3/c4, c4/c5, c5/c6, c6/ c7, t1, and t2. In my lumber spine quite a few discs have herniated making my back pain unbearable. I also suffer with

• farrangi 1

pain

i have been suffering knee and hip chronic osteoarthritis pain for 4   i have to use two canes or a walker to move around in my on some days the pain is so bad that i can only get around by walking on all fours (on my hands and knees) like an animal it's pretty awful to see a

• KillOGrange 2

Anyone else recovering from surgery?

Hi all, I am just recovering after  6 weeks now and all is going well.  I didnt expect the cast to be so restrictive and as I drive stick shift, driving is out.  An enforced rest!  So far so good, hope it is really worth this time out of my life .Had to take long break from work.

1 reply 1 vote Last reply
  • steve02843 1

OA knee braces

Anybody have experience with Don Joy Clima Flex or other knee braces? I have had these a few days and they seem cumbersome and do not stay in place. To some degree they seem to reduce stress on knee but difficult to manage and the tightness required is uncomfortable in other ways.

2 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • susan67756 4
  • KimmyC77 2

Why won't anyone diagnose Osteoarthritis.

Ok i'm new to this!!  For the past 6 years i have had left hip pain on and off.  Recently, my right hip has went the same way, but unlike previous times with my left hip, i am struggling to recover!!  I'm in alot of pain, find it hard to move around sometimes.  The joint isn't swollen and an xray

51 replies 3 votes Last reply
  • charlotte 89045 1

Ankle replacement or Fusion

I was diagnosed with end stage osteoarthritis in sept 16 after having ligament surgery. Since then the pain has been getting increasingly worse and having a knock on effect with my mobility etc. I had an injection in Jan but it only lasted about 3 weeks my surgeon said it should last about 3

5 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • Guest M

I am a 44 year old nurse,who has just been diagnosed wit...

I am a 44 year old nurse,who has just been diagnosed with osteoarthritis.I have been told i can no longer do my job,and been off work now for 9 months.I have it in my wrist,knees and right the moment i feel very angry,that my career has gone,and that im sat home all day doing not alot due

6 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • bob51648 2

sore upper back and neck

When sitting, I encd up with a sore upper back and neck. It is very sore. It happens when I attend meetings and church. I am currently on paracetomol and tramadol. There are some meetings I need to attend but I cannot concentrate on the topic. Any suggestions, please.

• elizabeth04821 2

Arthritis now really bad .

I was diagnosed as having arthritis in both my knees, my hips and my lower back  2 years ago . I was sent for physio which helped a bit  but now it's unbearable , I can hardly walk . I was sent to physion again but have been twice now they want to discharge me , I asked if I could have one more

8 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • KillOGrange 2

6 wks after surgery on left hand

Hi,, I have just had fibre glass cast removed after four weeks, had a plaster cast for first two weeks.  No arthritic pain but my hand is very stiff from being in cast and I have to do physio and be really careful not to use the thumb for next six weeks - well I just couldnt bear the cast any more.

• bb123 3

Musculoskeletal and arthritis in Ribs?

I've been diagnosed with osteoarthritis in my knees and hip. I was also diagnosed with musculoskeletal pain and arthritis is my spine. My doctor say I also have arthritis in the ribs and that they are "winged". Has anyone had any experience with the rib pain?

10 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • derek76 6

Mobility Scooter questions

For someone who wants to get out and about but does not want to drive on roads what are the most inportant decisions before buying a scooter. It will not need to be dismantled to go into a car. How possible is to get one into a lift ? Our building has a garage with a power point reserved for

9 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • yvonne39426 2

Feet agony to walk

I have osteoarthritis in my elbow, joints in left foot and every severe Affecting every bone in left carpal tunnel in both hands and tendonitis In both ankles/ main problem is walking at times I cannot put my feet on the Floor as its just to

4 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Cheetah 4
  • Bartwoa 2

Some good news for osteoarthritis sufferers

Hi to anyone suffering from osteoarthritis in the hands.  11 years ago I nearly dropped my baby granddaughter. I had found some relief with glucosamine and condroitin but the pain in my hands (thumbs, a few fingers) was still pretty bad. I then tried green lipped muscle extract and that was pretty

• lewis30607 2

Please help me with as much info as possible

Hi everyone, please help I'm 22years old and been diagnosed with severe osteoarthritis in my left hip and slightly in the knee, the kneenid of no concern. I've use daily crutches to walk for around 2years now and my daily living is badly effected, I've recently had to come out of employment due to

11 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • constance.de 6

?????

Do ESR and CRP readings go up if you have OA?  Never quite sure!

4 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • KavonK 2

De Quervain's Tendonitis

Has anyone ever been told they have Core De Quervain's Tendonitis?  I was originally scheduled for basal join surgery and went for a second opinion.  This doctor believes in using less invasive surgery if possible.  He has told be 99.9% sure this will help my issue. The cure is a LOT less invasive

16 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • rolling stone 2

Osteo medication

Hello everyone, Im a 54 year old woman and have osteoarthritis in most of my joints and lower back,ive had it now for about 7 years,maybe longer,just wanted to know what pain meds others get for this problem or any medication worth pain is getting worse now,and some days i just cant move

13 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • henri1953 2

Hip Replacement

I had a hip replacement about 2 years ago. My left leg now is about 20cm longer than my righy leg. Is that a comman situation and is there anything legally I can do to take this dr to court for negligense? My left knee is now busy packing up and I suffer a lot of pain.  

10 replies 4 votes Last reply
  • jan1961 3

Advice on epidural for pain relief

I'm booked in to have  an epidural for my osteo/lumbar stenosis/sciatica pain next I'm unsure whether to or not .Ive heard some not so good experiences from it ,numbness,worse pain,relief only lasting a few weeks. So I wondered if any of you have had one for pain from similar and what

5 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • Jayn 3

osteoarthritis and diuretics

Hi everyone, I have recently been diagnosed with osteoarthritis in my neck and spine, early onset. I take diuretics for BP and wondered if they aggravate the osteoarthritis. I know they can cause gout. I get neck pain and stiffness, headaches, foggy head and slight giddiness if I move my head

0 replies 1 vote Posted
  • kelly91664 1

23 and already diagnosed with Osteoarthritis of the Spine :(

I have recently been suffering with back pain on a regular basis - in the last few months of cold weather I've even had to have time off work because it physically killed me to get out of bed - which is worrying for 23 years of age! Had an MRI scan last month and i've just found out of i've the

10 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • senior cit 2

foot surgery

2nd 3rd metatarsal fuse april 2016 been on crutches then in boot and now in bmt shoes using medicur magnet  a little weary as some pain still in foot and insurance being difficult re the next ct scan cannot face another surgery any ides please  senior citizen 

• LimCF2066 1
  • Woodywhite 3

Thumb Surgery

Beats me how some people obviously profiting from potions and lotions get to recommend substances on this site, patients have been sent for surgery for a reason, same person posting lotions as though he's just started taken it pain free no meds needed, thought we've moved on from witch doctors. Had

11 replies 4 votes Last reply
Back to top Next

Forums Terms & Conditions