Skip to content

Osteoarthritis

Also known as Arthritis - Osteoarthritis

All discussions in this group

Next
  • I'm weighing up surgery on my thumb joints

I have osteo arthritis of both thumb joints. I'm 70, still very active ( currently on a skiing holiday) and work full time in my business. My condition is getting increasingly painful. I get by with painkillers. I have seen a surgeon but I'm really concerned about the long recovery time. ...

Last reply
  • Ankle replacement or Fusion

I was diagnosed with end stage osteoarthritis in sept 16 after having ligament surgery. Since then the pain has been getting increasingly worse and having a knock on effect with my mobility etc. I had an injection in Jan but it only lasted about 3 weeks my surgeon said it should last about 3 months....

Last reply
  • Just been diagnosed with osteoarthritis at 40 years old

Hi there all have been diagnosed with osteoarthritis and it's in my hands spine knees feet ankles etc. I have family history so not surprised tbh. Also osteoporosis in the family so now worried about that also. Was wanting any advice on how I can help myself and get drs to be more interested in...

Last reply
  • Had the osteoarthritis thumb surgery and have concerns...

First, I notice when I touch the thumb,  I don’t really feel it. It feels like I’m touching someone else’s thumb! Now I have a large knot beside the main incision. Doc says it’s a bone spur, and he didn’t think it was bothering me, so he left it alone! I don’t think I had it before! Anyone with...

Last reply
  • Withdrawal from Steroid injections

Hi I’ve been on long term steroid injections (5 years) for osteoarthritis. I e been having them every 4/6 months over that time. I was due an injection in February but due to getting bad bleeding under the skin on my hands, I thought I’d stop having the injections to see if the bleeding stops.....,,....

Last reply
  • 22 yo with osteoarthritis and EDS

So I just turned 22 a few weeks ago and my doctor sent me for an MRI on my hips because I recently had an x-ray that showed I had developed osteoarthritis in left and right hips, and have congenital deformation of my left hip. This all transpired because I had been having pain in my hips and right knee...

Last reply
  • Severe Osteoarthritis and new aching pain

I have suffered with Osteoarthritis for a long time now, left knee hips,back but now my right knee which s the better of the two is constantly aching. It doesn’t feel like the usual pain in my other leg and it’s keeping me awake at night.  I can feel it mostly when inactive and sitting or laying...

Last reply
  • Osteoarthritis in left hip trouble getting socks on

Hi, after 6 months post knee replacement due to osteoarthritis I thought my lack of mobility in leg was due to weak muscles etc ...I've now found out my hip is bone on bone ...as well as pain on out side of my leg I'm finding it difficult to get socks on my foot and impossible to cut toe nails...

Last reply
  • Osteoarthritis is both hips

Hello all, ​Well I have been diagnosed with Osteoarthritis​ in both my hips. I am 50. The x ray showed narrowing of the joint space in both hips. They say it is mild but I have been suffering from pain, weakness and sciatica. It is affecting my left side more than the right which almost feels normal....

Last reply
  • Bilateral hip arthritis

Hi, I’m 42 and since I gave birth at 38 I started having pain in my right hip. I have arthritis in my hand fingers since I’m 32 and those got very painful after giving birth as well. Last November I’ve noticed my other hip was hurting much more too. I went to a doctor and he said I had hip arthritis...

Last reply
  • Knee Osteoarthritis T K R

Back in 1971 i had a bad motorcycle accident. Every bone in my right leg was broken and my knee took a violent impact. Back then the surgeon said that later in life i would get Osteoarthritis Osteoarthritis in that leg. Over time it has been getting steadily worse and got to a point last November when...

Last reply
  • High blood pressure / knee pain

So I've had high blood pressure for a while now (month or two.. maybe), and then just about 2 weeks ago.. every night and everytime I stay still my right knee starts to pain. I sleep for a while then I wake up and there's severe pain in my knee. This pain only occurs after being still or laying...

Last reply
  • Hip problems at 27

I am 27 years old living in the UK When i was a baby i had clicky hips (not sure what proper word for this is) and when i reached 17 started doing healthcare work, lots on my feet & 12 hour shifts etc, from these shifts caused soreness in my right hip but nothing major. 2 years ago i began working...

Last reply
  • My hands hurt!

Years ago I began developing osteoarthritis in the meaty part of my thumb. In the last couple of years the pain has spread to just below the edge of the hand where it meets the wrist and my first two fingers on both hands hurt. There are a few things that aggravate it. Using my tablet or phone is a...

Last reply
  • OA symptoms and mold

OK all I just need to tell you this because it’s happened in my life. Exposure to mold made my osteoarthritis 90% worse. I would wake up at 3:30 AM my body throbbing from head to toe in every joint in my hand  as well. We had changed apartments because the last one had mold in it and the toxicity...

Last reply
  • Is my Osteoarthritis spreading?

I was diagnosed with Osteoarthritis of the spine about 6 weeks ago. I have had it for just over a year but it took my consultant and numerous other medical people 14 months to find it as it got a lot worse after they first tested me. In the last few weeks I have noticed that as well as my back and neck...

Last reply
  • Mold

I’ve been sick being in an apartment with mold When they saw it they moved me out to a Marriott for a month  Now I’m in a completely different complex on the other side of town I’m sick again  Nausea  Throbbing joints  Depression  This apartment has totally been remodeled from...

Last reply
  • What can I do to counteract the sleepy effects of Amitriptyline?

Does anybody know how I can get over feeling so sleepy from Amitriptyline during the day. I take it last thing at night. I did try talking it earlier but that made me sleepy. I have a desk job which doesn’t help. When I’m up and moving around I’m fine. Any advice would be much appreciated 🤞

Last reply
  • Severe Osteoarthritis all over my body...

Hi, I am new to this forum, and really am seeking any information I can find. Just wondering if anyone knows of or has osteoarthritis all over, I mean everywhere. I have it in my feet, ankles, knees, hips, spine, hands, fingers, and elbows and shoulders. My right hip is gone I need a total hip replacement,...

Last reply
  • Warm Dry Weather and Joint relief?

Hello everyone  I live in the Pacific Northwest and the weather is cold and damp from mid October to around the end of May. My husband and I bought a home in Sun Lakes AZ  and will be moving there soon...Has anyone noticed warm dry weather giving relief from arthritic pain?? Thanks  Prodigious ...

Last reply
  • O/A pain

It Seemed like overnight I got OA in both knees with pictures us and then in my neck I’ve been doing a lot of research but inflammation bad like to join this group and find out how all of you were doing and if you have any suggestions for pain 

Last reply
  • Thumb pain...looking for some suggestions

I have arthritis in both thumbs and the arthritis is in the joint that is the closest one to the palm of my hand. I was even scheduled to have an injection in my right thumb because that one was really hurting me pretty bad but I had a fall and did some major damage to myself and I of course had to cancel...

Last reply
  • Does this sound like osteoarthritis?

Hi I have recently been diagnosed with hip arthritis by my GP. I'm not completely convinced that's what it is as the symptoms seem to have become really bad in a very short space of time. I have had an issue in my R hip for years (I am almost 51) where it has been fine all the time apart from...

Last reply
  • Anyone dealing with a genetic cartilage problem?

I have wide spread osteoarthitis affecting small bones of hands, feet, wrists, cervical spine, and large joints, knees and elbows.  Both sides are affected about the same.  xrays, mri, and ultrasound has found no erosions. Blood tests all normal, and the Rheum ran many different tests for inflammatory...

Last reply
  • Bakers cyst

Wake up this morning with TWO Bakers cyst behind knee...it’s from arthritis. I’ve already had one cyst drained in early October. It is a pain free procedure That takes about 10 minutes  After the procedure I had no pain and was able to play tennis and golf two days later with no pain for months!...

Posted
  • Sore thumb - tendin

Hi all. For the past 12 months I have had tendon problems (arthritis) to my thumb. I have been to physio but he can’t do much more for me. I am a senior but wondering if anyone else has this problem and how they manage with it. Thanks.

Last reply
  • Gabapentin! Read this!!

Gabapentin was given to me for pain but the longer I was on it the more My joints throbbed! When I got down from 1800mil daily to 600mil THERE IS A ASTOUNDING RELIEF! Google... Gabapentin and aching...It is very enlightening! I care Prodigious 

Last reply
  • Dying in pain

I have been on off tappered steroid dose since last November. They start me at 25 and tapper down in 5 days. My pain gets worse when i am not on steroid. I am also taking 25 mg tramadol and one NSAID ETova 400mg. Doctor started me on vicodin 5/325 three times a day X- ray of knee and shoulder shows mild...

Last reply
  • Ostioarthritis-shoulders , hips , back and hands

Has anyone waited long time for surgery for arthritis? I had hip replacements done in 1998 and 2003. Now need 2 shoulder replacements .Been waiting 3 yrs, now find out could be another 1-2 yrs. Also need 1 hip redone as it has worn out. Any advice.

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.