Skip to content
Ad

Osteoarthritis

Also known as Arthritis - Osteoarthritis

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Pain relief

I have Osteoarthritis in my knee and have had a flare up for the last few days and I am off on holiday abroad tomorrow. I am so scared to take ibuprofen even with the stomach protectors because of the heart attack and stroke risk. I really don't know how I am going to manage on holiday I am in so...

Last reply
  • When would be the right time for knee replace surgery?

I am nearly 52 and have had osteoarthritis in both knees for about ten years. I have been having steroid injections into both knees every six months for a few years by my GP. About eight years ago I had one MRI scan on my , then, worse right knee and I have had various x rays, but haven’t been seen by...

Last reply
  • I have osteoarthritis in my foot

Hi I have just found out I have osteoarthritis in my foot. I was wondering if I will be able to keep cleaning in a motel I can hardly walk at the moment. What can help with the pain

Last reply
  • Pre-op wait

I'm awaiting a thr and having a pre- op assessment tomorrow. Any ideas how long the surgery  will be after that? Getting worse by the day now.

Last reply
  • Severe Pain don't know how much longer I can cope 😓

Hi I have been suffering with pain in multiple joints due to osteoarthritis this is more severe in my hip and back this affects my mobility I cannot stand for more than 5 million s or walk I fed up I'm 35 and have been suffering since I was 23 I have 4 children just completed my law degree but...

Last reply
  • Fed up with OA

Hi all I am new to this part of forum.. before l was on the Hip then the Knee and then the benifits as l was applying for PIP. Well l was totally fine up until l turned 41. I worked full time as a bank manager loved walking and going on holiday with my husband where we used to walk for miles. Then suddenly...

Last reply
  • Steroid injection in hip

Hello everyone I went for my assessment yesterday and have been told I have osteoarthritis in my right hip....I pretty much thought that so no surprises there. They more or less said that I would need a replacement eventually but in the meantime have been booked in for a steroid injection...has anyone...

Last reply
  • Had a steroid injection in the knee, can i still exercise?

Have been diagnosed with Osteoarthritis at 37 and have had a steroid injection to ease the pain, however I have a physical job and enjoy tae kwon do, running and playing football with my children. Will I do more damage if I carry on if the pain is not there to stop me?

Last reply
  • I'm weighing up surgery on my thumb joints

I have osteo arthritis of both thumb joints. I'm 70, still very active ( currently on a skiing holiday) and work full time in my business. My condition is getting increasingly painful. I get by with painkillers. I have seen a surgeon but I'm really concerned about the long recovery time. ...

Last reply
  • Musculoskeletal and arthritis in Ribs?

I've been diagnosed with osteoarthritis in my knees and hip. I was also diagnosed with musculoskeletal pain and arthritis is my spine. My doctor say I also have arthritis in the ribs and that they are "winged". Has anyone had any experience with the rib pain?

Last reply
  • Chronic osteo pain please help

Hi I'm a 64 yo female with osteoarthritis of the spine.  Have had neck fusion c5/6.  I've had a couple of injections into the facet joints lower spine but they're no longer working for me. I've weaned  myself off Tramadol (200 mg daily) for both back and neck pain as was...

Last reply
  • Severe Osteoarthritis all over my body...

Hi, I am new to this forum, and really am seeking any information I can find. Just wondering if anyone knows of or has osteoarthritis all over, I mean everywhere. I have it in my feet, ankles, knees, hips, spine, hands, fingers, and elbows and shoulders. My right hip is gone I need a total hip replacement,...

Last reply
  • Knee gives way

Hi I've got osteoarthritis on my knees. Other night my knee gave way and I went flying down stairs. See the falls team at some point does any know what they can do help

Last reply
  • Just been diagnosed with osteoarthritis at 40 years old

Hi there all have been diagnosed with osteoarthritis and it's in my hands spine knees feet ankles etc. I have family history so not surprised tbh. Also osteoporosis in the family so now worried about that also. Was wanting any advice on how I can help myself and get drs to be more interested in...

Last reply
  • Have I learned a lot!

After being in intense pain for 12 years of my life due to crippling arthritis, after RTKR 19 months and LTKR 3 months ago, boy am I excited to find that I can clean the shower and take brisk walks for 40 minutes, use an exercise bike at the top speed for 20minutes and SO much MORE! 

Last reply
  • Needing Knee and hip replacement, which to do first

hello, I am 52, had left hip replaced a year ago, and went great.  Very active, in good shape and playing 3.0 doubles tennis.   Found out now right knee is bone on bone, and already knew hip is.   I am thinking of doing hip soon, and regenix in knee, hopefully getting at least a year in...

Last reply
  • 27yr old arthritis questions

I'm 27 Recently started a new full time job about 5 weeks ago. Long story short, I was told by my doctor I have osteoarthritis in both wrists under my thumbs, in the thumb joints and in the knuckle of my index fingers. The doctor put me on 15g of Meloxicam which I have be having full time for the...

Last reply
  • Trapezium

I am due to have operation on my thumb due to osteoarthritis, I have had lots of people tell me don't have it done or its so painfull, but a neighbour a few doors up had both done a few years back, and I am glad I spoke to her because I may have cancalled. She had one done with general anaesthetic...

Last reply
  • Tramadol

My husband has osteoarthritus in his back and is in a lot of pain.He is now on 400mg Tramadol a day - he is 78 and has had kidney problems in May last year where his function dropped to 9%. (This was put down partially to a UTI and the antibiotics and his function has recovered). Physiotherapy is starting...

Last reply
  • I have arthritis and don't know what to do

Knees are very swollen and painful. Taking naproxeb. I have a xray booked, but in the meantime do i rest it completely or try and do gentle exercise. Can't walk on it properly as it gives way. Thank you

Last reply
  • Ankle replacement or Fusion

I was diagnosed with end stage osteoarthritis in sept 16 after having ligament surgery. Since then the pain has been getting increasingly worse and having a knock on effect with my mobility etc. I had an injection in Jan but it only lasted about 3 weeks my surgeon said it should last about 3 months....

Last reply
  • Orthopaedic referral

Hi there..my knee x-ray showed osteoarthritis so I was sent for a knee MRI which showed bad inflammation so I am now being referred to an orthopaedic doctor to see if anything can be done about the mechanical problem....has anyone been in a similar situation? Would just like to know what they may do...

Last reply
  • Osteoarthritis Pain Relief.

I have Osteoarthritis and have a Consultation on 21st September.   I was diagnosed in March and given Co coldomol which was of little use and gave me Constipation.   I have now been taking Paracetamol which again have little effect in releiving thePain. Can anyone please suggest anything please. 

Last reply
  • Diagnosed

Hi<br /> I have just returned home from hospital due to dibilitating back pain.whilst in I had an MRI which showed posterior building of the L2/L3,L3/L4 and L4/ L5 also it showed haemangioma in the L3 veritable body posteriorly, also I have scolosis<br /> Could anyone explain this...

Posted
  • Arm pain

Over a month ago my right arm started hurting. It started out as a throbbing on the side of my palm & then to the wrist & then up the arm. The NP gave me a steroid injection w/follow-up of steroid pills. It helped for awhile then returned. She gave me same treatment again then after awhile put...

Posted
  • Alternative CMC surgery

ARA of the CMC and STT joints I'm a professional guitarist, age 68 with degeneration of my basal thumb joints on both hands. My left hand started bothering me in 2005 and my right hand started this year. I also have some arthritis in my left pinky tip joint which was exaserbated after a fall which...

Last reply
  • TKR

I had a TOR done in June this year my knee is still swollen I use ice to help I do exercises that I was given it feels very numb on the scar it is sore and tight it hurts when I bend my knee how long does this last for.

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.