Skip to content
Ad

Osteoarthritis

Also known as Arthritis - Osteoarthritis

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

• Wrist Replacement

Has anyone had a wrist replacement?  I had my right wrist replaced 7 weeks ago. I've been having physio which has assisted to some extent. However, there has been no guidance as to what is normal. The consultant had told me there should be no pain, as there was nothing there, apart from the...

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Osteoarthritis in neck

Hi, I have arthritis in neck due to year of typing, but have started to notice that I am getting weird headaches which I think are connected to my neck pain.  I am noticing more and more especially when typing or reading, I almost feel like my head lifts of my neck, my eyes become unfocussed and...

Last reply
  • Anybody have experience with euflexxa? I am considering it ...

I'd like to avoid knee replacement if possible, and I understand that some people have reported long term good results. My hope is that continuing my combo of PT, water walking and weight loss AND perhaps these injections, would work rather than knee replacements. Some level of pain seems inevitable...

Last reply
  • 22 yo with osteoarthritis and EDS

So I just turned 22 a few weeks ago and my doctor sent me for an MRI on my hips because I recently had an x-ray that showed I had developed osteoarthritis in left and right hips, and have congenital deformation of my left hip. This all transpired because I had been having pain in my hips and right knee...

Last reply
  • Fluid drained??

Has anybody like my sister, got Osteoarthritis in the knee (fluid) and had it drained.  Many things have been tried (she`s 50) but they never mention draining the fluid off, even though they say that`s why she can`t bend it!!  and struggling with life!....puzzling.  She goes to Rheumatology,...

Last reply
  • Complete Leg Pain?

I was diagnosed with Osteoarthritis in my right knee 2 years ago. I've always had limited mobility in that knee but recently my WHOLE LEG has been bothering me. Sometimes it feels like muscle cramps in my calf. Sometimes my shins hurt. Sometimes the area around my knee hurts to even wear clothes....

Last reply
  • I'm weighing up surgery on my thumb joints

I have osteo arthritis of both thumb joints. I'm 70, still very active ( currently on a skiing holiday) and work full time in my business. My condition is getting increasingly painful. I get by with painkillers. I have seen a surgeon but I'm really concerned about the long recovery time. ...

Last reply
  • Inflamatory osteoarthritis

I very abruptly in a month 3 years ago I came down with pain in my feet hands knees hips back amd shoulders. Long misdiagnosis but I recently had exrays done and they foud osteo in all areas. The worst is in the mcp joints of all my fingers at a moderate level. My question is has anyone ever got osteo...

Last reply
  • Osteoarthritis affecting eyes

I had an eye test and was informed that my OA was affecting my eyes by drying up the lubricating oils in my tears.  As a result, my eyes are watering constantly - but it is only water and isn't lubricating - and my eyes feel like they have grit in them.   Has anybody out there also...

Last reply
  • Trapeziectomy operation

I am booked in for a Trapeziectomy operation on my right thumb in September. Dr says it will leave me with a weaker thumb but without any pain. Because I am right handed I am worried if I will still be able to do things though. We have a veg plot so I garden & prepare lots of veg. Also will...

Last reply
  • Wrist Replacement

Has anyone had a wrist replacement?  I had my right wrist replaced 7 weeks ago. I've been having physio which has assisted to some extent. However, there has been no guidance as to what is normal. The consultant had told me there should be no pain, as there was nothing there, apart from the...

Posted
  • Have I learned a lot!

After being in intense pain for 12 years of my life due to crippling arthritis, after RTKR 19 months and LTKR 3 months ago, boy am I excited to find that I can clean the shower and take brisk walks for 40 minutes, use an exercise bike at the top speed for 20minutes and SO much MORE! 

Last reply
  • Feet and cortisone

Has anyone had cortisone injections for very painful foot?  Told by a podiatrist they don't do that any more.  But I dread wearing shoes, let alone the prospect of winter boots in a few months.

Last reply
  • Questions

I have moderate arthritis in both hips so I don't know if I am having trouble from that or the fibro. My legs are getting heavy (not sizewise) and sometimes it takes so much effort to get them moving. The bottom of my legs are keeping what feels like shin splints (like if you were walking for excercise...

Last reply
  • Why have I shrunk in height?

I used to be roughly/2cm taller. I measured myself regularly and accurately for a long time. I'm supposed to be 191cm barefooted but now I stand at 189cm barefooted. In the past I used to carry heavy objects. Over time an aching pain developed in my upper back but it doesn't occur much anymore...

Last reply
  • Osteoarthritis At age 22?

I've had this pain on my hip for about two years now when i was 20. Im a 22 year old male who usually goes to the gym and rides the bike. It started as a soft pain which i didnt pay much attention. What i think is that maybe i was doing a squat at the gym and i did not do it properly. However, in...

Last reply
  • Has the curve in your neck straightened???

I have DDD in my spine, herniated disc, bone spurs and spinal stenosis.  I have a lot of dizziness and a head ache everyday due to the straightening of the cervical spine.  My surgeon said that he cannot fix the straightening so I will always have those issues.  The bone spurs, 2 herniated...

Last reply
  • Gelatin for Osteoarthritis pain.

I was diagnosed with severe osteoarthritis in both thumb joints. I looked into surgery but was put off by the long recovery time. I've coped for the last three years with paracetamol/ codeine painkillers taking between four and six tabs per day.  I have looked at alternative methods of pain...

Last reply
  • CMC SURGERY DAY 1

So for those of you suffering with Thumb joint pain. Osteoarthritis! I was getting the cortisone injections for the last 2 years, the first couple of times they lasted around 8/9 weeks. Trust me you will go back they give me in the beginning 100% relief. I would get them as often as my doctor would let...

Last reply
  • Devil's Claw

Has anyone taken Devil's Claw and found it to work for osteoarthritis and joint  pain and stiffness! I modified diet and trying desperately to lose weight and taking Vitamin and limbrel pain is still bad! Started Devil's Claw  yesterday and have notice less soarness but pain will it...

Last reply
  • Thumb

I was afraid of surgery as well, however I was unable to use my right hand as much As I need it too , since I am right hand. I am officer n my biggest fear is not being able to go back to work. On July11 , I had the surgery on my right thumb, and all I can hope is that after recorvey I can used my...

Last reply
  • OA neck and spine symptoms

Hi, I'm back again in need of reassurance. Does anyone have OA in neck, if so what symptoms do you have?I I have so many and my anxiety is through the roof at the moment, constantly worrying. Many thanks

Last reply
  • I feel I cannot continue work, what do I do next?

I am 58 and have had osteoarthritus for at least 5 years.  It started in small ways in my low back, knees and kneck, but in the last few  years it seems to have got rapidly worse.  I am now at the point where I am constantly in pain, I struggle to walk, stand, go up and down stairs etc...

Last reply
  • x ray readings that contradict each other??

So I've had quite a few x rays in my seach for a diagnosis. The first doctor back in 2012 reported quite extensive OA in hands ,hips and right SI joint as well as osteopenia in wrists, soft tissue swelling and two erosions of the styloid process. A wrist MRI a few years later saw a large erosion...

Last reply
  • Doctors won't listen and only rely on tests

I've been trying to find an answer to my pain for over six years. The first rheumatologist said I had moderate osteoarthritis in hips, hands and right SI as well as a possible inflammatory type of arthitis or connective tissue disease. He offered Methotrexate and Biologics but I was not ready for...

Last reply
  • 78 year old husband has osteoarthritis

Can anyone help. Husband has terrible back pain especially on getting up and sitting down and this has been diagnosed. He has been told to take th ehighest dose of paracetamol 4 x 2 a day plus highest dose of Dihydrocoedine 4 x 2 a day. If this is not enough, GP suggested we consider the morphine patches....

Last reply
  • Neck Cracking Noise

I wonder if anyone has any suggestions (e.g. wearing a collar) for an arthritic neck problem.   I have osteoarthris in various joints and lately my neck (could be jaw as well) is cracking and creaking when I move in a certain way.  I can't actually pinpoint the particular movement or I...

Last reply
  • Wrist replacement - Post operative recovery

I had a  total wrist replacement, 10 days ago. Has anyone else been through this, and, willing to share their experience? How long was your recovery and have there be any limitations in movement since?  I get my cast off next week and start pe been physio then. I've been told I can resume...

Last reply
  • Ankle replacement or Fusion

I was diagnosed with end stage osteoarthritis in sept 16 after having ligament surgery. Since then the pain has been getting increasingly worse and having a knock on effect with my mobility etc. I had an injection in Jan but it only lasted about 3 weeks my surgeon said it should last about 3 months....

Last reply
  • Work

I work full time but I'm off sick at the moment due to my knee locking. Osteoarthritis for the last 4 years. I've been referred for a knee replacement. My question is, is arthritis covered by the equality act? I really don't feel able to go back to work yet, I work in a massive diy store...

Last reply
  • Suspension on power wheelchairs

I bought a second hand Roma Marbella P200 wheelchair. The makers web site says : Rear suspension offers an unsurpassed degree of comfort enabling the Marbella Electric Wheelchair to travel comfortably over quite rough terrain. Crash tested the  Marbella Electric Wheelchair has been proven...

Posted
  • Spinal oa

Hi I wanted to ask a few questions. I'm 29 female. Last year I had a car accident and saw a chiropractor after for low back pain I was having. I never really felt pain before the accident. Lately I've been noticing pain now in my thoracic and upper back as well. I started googling and came across...

Last reply
  • severe pain

Ive been diagnosed with degenerative osteoarthritis about 3 years ago; after my MRI; i am in pain 24/7; i have it all over my body; not a place in my body doesnt hurt.  I sleep terrible; i have NO medical; im on panado painpills; recently bloodpressure bilocor and anti inflammatories; i tried lyrica;...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.