Can't take much more

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've had knee pain for 12 yrs. Eventually told arthritis.... December had emergency xray as do painful to be told its deteriorated rapidly.

3 weeks a go it became horrendous....ive tried every pain relief going...now on morphine patches....not touching it.

I've bought myself crutches as cant walk far. Ive a leg brace but doesn't do much

I ve become so low with it....I m struggling in work....on feet for 7 hours.....

I'm on hospital list for half a knee, but who knows when that will be.

im 55 fit and healthy but im struggling physically and mentally

any help would be appreciated x

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

Nothing is worse than constant excruciating pain. I am so sorry to hear you have to wait for surgery.

Pain medication is also a depressant , effects emotions. Ask for anti depressant to help you thru this stage. Studies have shown that pain can cause cognitive issues and put you at risk for other injuries.

• Edited

omg that sounds so similar to mine except i was given the perscription of rice rest.ice.compression and elevation.....and anti-inflammatory drugs.

i have no idea how you are managing to continue working through the pain... I'm just lucky i retired early.

i noted your was 6 months ago and wondering how you got on?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.