Posted , 8 users are following.

When you've been awake all night and the sun comes up and the birds start singing ...I wish I could bloody shoot them sometimes! Why are they so happy and cheerful I wish I could be a bird

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Know the feeling, then cars start moving, that makes it worse, another day of this horrible feeling and no respite.  What do we do to get better as it wasnt like this before.
  • Posted

Well dondons

I don't speak bird myself but it's quite an intricate language whose to say they are cheerful

I'm sure you have a smile you hide behide when your out maybe it's the same thing

Or maybe we just became to civilised to have fun we made thing complicated learning about what we expect from life and set ourselves tasks that seem impossible and relationships that we strive to work hard to make successful

People argue we are the most intelligent species I'd disagree they kept it simple we made our lives hard seems they are smarter than us

• Posted

I remember that feeling. The only successful solution I found was to stop worrying that I couldn't sleep. I didn't want sleeping tablets; all the advice about healthy sleeping was useless. My brain simply wouldn't shut up. Then I had to be up at 6.30 for a day teaching! So I made a decision - no more fretting. If I can't sleep, I read. I read a lot. The kindle is good cos I can turn off the light and sometimes I just doze off over the dim words. I won't worry about it. That just makes me worse.

I resent hearing the birds if I haven't slept. I feel cheated of another night. Then I listen to their song and it's so beautiful, it lifts me for the day. Of all the creatures in the world, I'd choose to be a bird. For that blissful freedom (assuming I don't have to live near my cat!).

Sorry if I sound smug but it really did work - there's no rule that we have to sleep at night time or in long sessions. We find what suits us. Me? A few hours at night and a late afternoon relaxation session that's worth hours of sleep.

• Posted

So far, hearing the birds this spring has been the only thing, besides my cats, that has made waking up worthwhile for me.  I go to bed feeling relatively "normal" and then comes morning............  I am grateful for those first few moments because the rest is a struggle.

• Posted

Hi,

Of course, birds have no concept of dying or ageing. I once saw a bird of prey swoop down from a tree and grab hold of a songbird, the poor thing was going to be torn to bits but, it was singing as the two of them flew off.

The not knowing what a new day brings could fill one with pleasure, but knowing it's going to be like yesterday and the day before can fill you with dread.

It is all down to outlook, or the lack of it.

Mike.

• Posted

Good point.  However, when the next day is the same and the next and the next, it gets discouraging.

• Posted

But MIke thats just it! you dont have an idea about what the next day might hold actually, any more than the bird, you can hypothesize but you cant know, think of how your own life has changed when its has which I expect it has, Has nothing surprising every happened? Are all days the same going back through your life. You have some power to change your life, you its sounds as though you have thrown in the rag, but if you do that then change will have to be luck or perhaps not.
  • Posted

Hi dondons

When I had councilling,cbt, I had to keep a diary. I told the councillor that it would be pointless as one day just slips into the next, no difference.

Keeping that bloody diary for 19 weeks was so depressing, sameo sameo, every day.

Now we are told to keep a diary as support for claiming pip etc. Make out a diary for weeks, it makes things worse, not better.

Mike.

• Posted

Hi mike

I must say I think it's the intent of the diary if I'm honest

I highly recommend keeping a diary of how you feel I find it helps me. I end slow thoughts down and helps me focus on one thing at a time

It also helps me feel that I've spoken to someone when factually I have none to speak to helps me when I'm at the Drs recollect how I was feeling I suppose it come down to what you are hoping to gain from keeping a dairy

I think you are doing a dairy for you benifet not who yourself or yo help you so therefore you doing for the wrong reasons begrudgingly doing something is never going to work I don't feel you should be so negative toward others about the idea I don't know what you put in your diary or what you claim pip for however some ppl and a lot of ppl I've recommended doing it to message me frequently saying how much of a differeance it has made for them and how it's such a simple solution they also now recommend it so I don't think your being fair saying it makes it worse maybe you could of said it didn't work for you but to give it a try if you tell someone it's crap then they approach it in the wrong frame of mind do you see what I'm saying

Thanks

• Posted

Hi superfluous,

If it works for you that's great, I don't have a problem trying new things, if it helps it's always worth it.

I have cervical spine problems after a fall at work.

Can't do anything that means putting strain on upper body.

Mike

• Posted

Sorry not replied to anyone been in hospital life's a mess

• Posted

It was a suicide attempt, got that wrong too! Was in hospital again last night, just got home, wasn't a suicide attempt this time just self harmed and took a couple of extra tablets just to try to feel better or anything other than this!

• Posted

Makes me really angry that they just release you from hospital care without support. This whole system is so useless for its purpose. Hold in there.
    • Posted

I have a follow up apppintment tomorrow although I don't even know if I'm going to be able to go, my anxiety is sky high at the moment X

• Posted

Have you someone who could go with you or take you? A social worker, a friend or relative? Asking is often difficult but it can make a huge difference. Anxiety is so crippling isn't it? I've just 'lied' to my dentist in order to avoid the anxiety of a check up tomorrow. 

• Posted

I've asked my mum to come but still scared. Worried they'll section me after what I've done the past few days, maybe I need to be in hospital I don't know? I don't really know anything anymore heads a mess!

• Posted

Well done.

I have a friend whose experience sounds similar to yours. Her approach is to voluntarily admit herself, if hospital is suggested. That way, you avoid a Section and you are free to discharge yourself if necessary. She has never had to resort to that because she doesn't experience the powerlessness and fear a Section makes her feel and so she reckons she benefits more from being in hospital than she would.

However, if they thought a Section necessary, they wouldn't have discharged you would they so, thinking logically rather than from fear, it's actually not likely is it? Nor do they have sufficient beds. Easy for me to say but why waste energy worrying about what's not likely? More likely tomorrow will be to consider the best treatment plan for you, so think about what you need and write a few notes to take with you. Don't expect to get what you want - we know the MH services are strained - but it feels so much better if you feel part of the process rather than a rag doll they are tossing about. Good luck tomorrow. Take care.

• Posted

I've been in both under section and voluntarily either way isn't nice but if you can guarantee it would work it would be worth, sadly that not the case x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.