?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Do I clean the infection site with antibacterial soap? Like dove or something of that nature..also am I ok to take showers and wash my and larger my body to wash or will this cause potential problems? Need some tips on the hygiene part because I can't stand not being clean and feeling all funky. Any suggests are welcome thanks

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Dear Markee interesting what your surgeon told you about narrowing. I was worried about incontinence but just being able to pass a bm is difficult. With regard to cleaning the area do not use soap or shower gel. Nothing but warm water no wiping just gentle dabbing. I found a sitz bath to be a life saver. Amazon sell them and it is so soothing to sit in the warm water. And much quicker and easier than running a bath. Incidentally I am 71 but a young fairly fit person . I have diverticulitis which probably doesn't help me at the moment. I wish you a quick and speedy recovery.

• Posted

Take a shower!! Leave your butt alone for the most part. Don't rub it, but you can touch with your clean hands!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.