Skip to content
Ad

Haemorrhoids

Also known as Piles

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Hemorrhoid pain causes contemplating suicide.

I have had on and off hemorrhoid pain for the last year or more. I have gone to the walk in clinic. Emergency room. Nobody will help me. I have tried witch hazel, Preperation H, Baths, Supositories. NOTHING WILL WORK. The pain is like anything I have ever felt before. I can’t even sit still anymore....

Last reply
  • 5 weeeks post haemorriodectomy

Still not back to normal 5 weeks post open haemorriodectomy for 3 external / 3 skin tags and Still sore and throbbing for hours after each bowel movement . It's bearable and manageable but it's just relentless! It just seems this last recovery phases is taking forever ! Still taking medication...

Last reply
  • open wound after hemorrhoidectomy

Hello All, I had a hemorrhoidectomy 5 weeks ago. This has been the most painful, challenging thing I have ever gone through. It has completely changed me as a person. I am completely depressed and anxious all the time. I am healing, but during my first BM I blew open one of my incisions. I had a giant,...

Last reply
  • My experience 5 weeks after Haemorrhoidectomy 

After 5 weeks of doing the operation and especially after passing through some really horrible times of pain and misery I promised myself that I owe it to everybody out there to share my experience so that you can derive benefit out of it. I had suffered from haemorrhoids for 20+ years and it is only...

Last reply
  • Haemorroidectomy and Anal Skin Tag Removal Recovery

Hi, I’m now Day 5 post Hemorroidectomy and Anal Skin Tag removal. I’ve read a lot of threads on here from others who went through it and have found some useful and reassuring information. They’re all a few months (or years!) old now and I wondered if there was anyone out there going through it now or...

Last reply
  • Laser hemorrhoid surgery

Hi, I had Laser procedure for hemorrhoids 10 days ago and during BM it seems as if anal area is shrunken one feel pain. Just wondering is that normal ?

Last reply
  • 12 Days Post-Op Hemorrhoidectomy

Let me tell you, this is a very painful experience. Started in my early 20's, developed some nasty habits that made me feel like I had to poop a lot so I spent a lot of time trying to empty an already empty bowel, recipe for disaster. Instead of getting better, it got worse over time.  After...

Last reply
  • Unhealed post haemorrhoidectomy

Just saw my surg at 6weeks post op  He says two wounds remain unhealed.  If they haven't healed in 4 weeks he will have to take me back to theatre and scrape away the granulated tissue I'm so disheartened  I dread another surgery no matter how small in that area. The recovery...

Last reply
  • My Experience: hemorrhoid surgery 6 days after...

My name is Gary. I am 57 and have had problems with hemorrhoids for years. It was getting to where I was spending two weeks out of the month basicly ok due to constipation from opiate medication I have to take. Then one week where I use the prep H to push the roids back into place. Then often a week...

Last reply
  • Anal bumps

I have got 6,7 small whitish/light yellowish bumps on my anal..no anal sex...its itchy and I have burning sensation nd pain too sometimes...i have read it could bt HPV virus...i am so afraid.. what it must be?

Last reply
  • Hemorrhoid surgery recovery tips

Hemorrhoidectomy recovery I had a hemorrhoidectomy two weeks ago. The doctor warned me that recovery process would be painful. But I didn't think it would be this intense. Here are a few tips to ease the pain. It made a world of difference in pain management for me: 1) ice packs-- most ice packs...

Last reply
  • Can anyone help Rafaelo Procedure

Hello Everyone,  I’ve been suffering from piles for some time now.  I’ve been told about the Rafaelo procedure, as it suggests,  will the surgery be painless.  Please advise or share story of those who have had this particular procedure please.  Thank you for any help.

Last reply
  • Internal haemorrhoids

Hi guys Those of you that had internal haemorrhoids removed.. what was the advice given on how to keep the internal wounds clean??? My surg says sits bath just displaces the water and doesn't actually clean the area I'm very curious to see what is recommended to ppl post internal haemorrhoid...

Last reply
  • Hemorrhoidectomy Recovery

Hi all Yes it's embarrassing. Yes I haven't shared it with my friends, but it felt important to post this seeing as I'd read everything I possibly could for the last 6 months leading up to last Friday. I had my op on Friday. I'm a healthy, 32 yr old woman who was lucky enough to get...

Last reply
  • Having surgery on wednesday

Firstly. I'm so glad I found this forum. Secondly I feel so ill prepared. I have surgery Wednesday and the doctor didn't tell me anything to prep for this surgury. I'm 26 and a mom of 3 and I've been dealing with these assroids (we've named them arod so it isn't uncomfortable...

Last reply
  • Hemorrhoidectomy recovery experience

I had a hemorrhoidectomy a couple of years ago and I used this site quite a lot during recovery for tips so i decided id finally share what happened with me in case it helps others.  My piles were BAD. they didnt cause me pain but they eventually got to a stage where they were bleeding CONSTANTLY....

Last reply
  • Please help! Is it piles?

Okay let me hope to get everything in this... Sorry in advance, some bits could be graphic.. So about a year ago I felt like I had something like a lump just inside my anus, I went to the doctor and he said piles, thought nothing of it went on with my life it didn't bleed or cause me pain....

Last reply
  • Pls help! Those who did external hemorrhoid surgery

have 3 external lumps on anus, doctor to say either live with it or operation. However i have been hearing horror stories. Even doctor said that it will be an "open wound" which will be painful and also there might be scars from the healing of the. Wound! Anyway did such operation and how...

Last reply
  • What to expect after Hemorrhoid surgery

I decided to start this post for a few reasons.   The first is to give me something to do while going through this.  Second, is maybe get some support from others who have been where I'm at.  And third, to let people know who are considering this surgery what to expect. I turned 50...

Last reply
  • Can hemorrhoids affect stool shape?

Okay so for about two years now I think I have what I believe to be hemorrhoids. I can see visible lumps upon inspection of my own bottom. Theu definitely appear to be hemorrhoids but I haven't had that confirmed by a doctor. Symptoms I experience: Sensation of pressure in the anus. Some itchiness....

Last reply
  • Need some advice!

I need some advice! I have 2 hemmoroids that I only see when I push (like I’m about to have a Bowel movement) are these internal or external. How can I get rid of them?? They don’t cause pain I just want them gone!! I’ve had them for about a week! 

Last reply
  • Hemmeroids, fissures, polyps and Botox surgery

3rd time of having this surgery. 1st time being 2005 after giving birth to my 1st son I was diagnosed with internal piles. Excruciating pain, went for an appointment with consultant to discover it was the fissures causing me so much pain. Was prescribed glycerol trinitrate. Worked miracles but unfortunately...

Last reply
  • Haemorrhoid surgery

Dear All, I’m on day 7 following surgery on a thrombosed haemorrhoid. Sore! Prior to the surgery my surgeon explained he would put me under general anaesthetic then cut and cauterise my thrombosed haemorrhoid and also cut two skin tags that were down there too. Felt ok on waking from surgery and went...

Last reply
  • Hemorrhoids and anal fissure

Hi all. It has been about two months since I had a thrombosed internal hemorrhoid and an anal Fissure. While taking a sitz bath this morning, I felt down by my anus a really shiny round thing that felt like a small gummy ball. Any idea what that could be?  I also have skin tags. It is not...

Last reply
  • 3 weeks post surgery and still horrendous pain

I had removal of 3 small thrombosed external haemorrhoids and 3 skin tags ( one large about 2 cms length ) 3 weeks ago. I was sutured up and I can't see or feel any of them anymore  I am still experiencing horrendous pains / throbbing / aches after bowel movements , last few days have got bad...

Last reply
  • I have cured my lifelong issue with hemorrhoids.

Suffered since ten and now fifty seven, late Father senior consultant. Mother had the operation and was worse than before after it. I just had pain until I was about thirty and then the bleeding started, it got very bad and was a constant worry. About three years ago I started thinking of an idea. These...

Last reply
  • Let me tell you a hemorrhoid story

Hi kids. I'm currently 24 days out from a single grade 2 hemorrhoid banding, and since I am sitting on a heating pad with Extra Strength Tylenol coursing through my veins for what seems like the millionth day in a row, I thought I'd take the time out to tell my story on how something that...

Last reply
  • Could I have Haemorrhoids?

Just a warning, this might be a bit graphic but its embarrassing to ask people I know who might not be so understanding about it. So I went to the toilet to take a number two. I felt a small pea sized shape sort of protruding out of my anus. I touched it and couldn't feel anything so I thought it...

Last reply
  • Emergency hemorrhoidectomy recovery 5 days after childbirth

Hi guys. This site has been so useful to me in my post op recovery.. I wanted to share my story in hopes of helping someone else.  I'm a 30 year old female.. in relatively good health. I've  had some pretty gnarly internal hemorrhoids from the age of 22 that always prolapsed after...

Last reply
  • Post op Day 25 Still healing

Anyone still have pain like on a scale 1 to 10 about a 7 without meds post op surgery? Its been 24 days now and still hurts like jell to have a bm. Went for follow up. Did not give me much hope or insite on how much longer before the pain goes away.. Need to go back to work but to sore to as my job is...

Last reply
  • Frequent Bowel Movements after Hemorrhoidectomy

I am in 3rd week Post OP. I Had Surgery for Internel and  Externel Hemorrhoids. Forst 3 Days I Pass Through Unbarable pain...on 2nd day post op i have first bowel movment. wich is  most painfull thing to happend in me. i have taken Lactoloose for 5 days..for first week i had 4 to 5 Painfull...

Last reply
  • Staple hemroidectomy

I'm day 4 post op and never felt so miserable my whole life. Up to this morning I couldn't pass a bowel movement despite been up every half hour last night to 6am this morning. I'm having lactulose 3 times day drinking fluids, eating fruit yet still I could only go a little, most of what...

Last reply
  • Stapled Haemhorroidectomy - Recovery Blog

Hello. I have suffered from piles on and off for almost 20 years. Following a hospitalisation in Feb 2017 due to them. I decided to take the plunge and have an op. This took place last Friday. I thought I'd share my experiences of that and the recovery process here, to see how others have found...

Last reply
  • I need feed back on hemorrhoidectomy

My hemorrhoids got bad 2 months ago to where the doctor recommended the hemorrhoidectomy. He said they are internal prolapse hemorrhoids. I went to the e.r. a month ago because I couldn't push them back in and it was painful. I changed my diet lost 12 pounds and it helped for two weeks and I felt...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.