Skip to content

Haemorrhoids

Also known as Piles

All discussions in this group

Next
  • 16 days on from my haemorrhoidectomy

Just wanted to give some more positive feed back I had an haemorrhoidectomy 16 days a go and it’s does get better honestly it does the first few days was terrible never experienced pain like it thought the bleeding was never going to stop etc but honestly it’s really does get better I finding showering...

Last reply
  • Haemorroidectomy and Anal Skin Tag Removal Recovery

Hi, I’m now Day 5 post Hemorroidectomy and Anal Skin Tag removal. I’ve read a lot of threads on here from others who went through it and have found some useful and reassuring information. They’re all a few months (or years!) old now and I wondered if there was anyone out there going through it now or...

Last reply
  • Hemorrhoid surgery recovery tips

Hemorrhoidectomy recovery I had a hemorrhoidectomy two weeks ago. The doctor warned me that recovery process would be painful. But I didn't think it would be this intense. Here are a few tips to ease the pain. It made a world of difference in pain management for me: 1) ice packs-- most ice packs...

Last reply
  • Rectal pain without bleeding

I am having this rectal pain for past three months. But I did not find any bleeding with my BM. Pain is kind of piercing one. I have had endoscopy 2 years back and everything was normal except for my acidity. Recently I was diagnosed with Kidney stone, but doctor said they did not find any stone, that...

Last reply
  • Recovery- there is light at the end of the tunnel

I used this site daily as I thought I was having more pain and more swelling than I should. This procedure was definitely worse than I had anticipated and I believed the whole “back to normal in 1-2 weeks”. The first couple weeks are definitely miserable no doubt about it. However, now 3 weeks post op,...

Last reply
  • Insane burning pain months after Hemorrhoidectomy.

I had a Ferguson hemorrhoidectomy back in November 2017. One thing I noticed a month after I healed was that there was still this itchy feeling in the lower part of my anus. I thought it was a wound that was still healing, however, in January I experienced the most burning pain possible. To this day...

Last reply
  • How long does the swelling last after hemorrhoidectomy?

Had hemorrhoidectomy on Decemeber 7th, 2017 and am still having issues with swelling. I had three internal grade 3 hemorrhoids removed and can feel large external swelling on my right side. Not sure if swelling is coming from internally or externally. Is this normal even after a month out? Also, using...

Last reply
  • Should i band my nonsymptomatic hemorrhoid?

I have a mixed hemorrhoid that's half internal and half external. If i'm standing up, there's a swollen piece of skin on my anus. As long as i sit on the toilet, the rest of it prolapse out of my anus, it's about the size of a grape. It doesn't cause me any pain but a slight discomfort...

Last reply
  • Haemorrhoids and Intermittent Bleeding

I’ve literally had this issue since I was 17 and I’m now 49. I’ve had 2 colonoscopies because of this nonsense (most recent 2012). I’m a very small person so it’s not due to me being overweight, it’s just something in my family and well, it sucks. Anyway I recently bought a new multivitamin that has...

Last reply
  • Hemorrhoids - Rafaelo - Post procedure doubt

I had two Grade-2 Hemorrhoids and went through Rafealo procedure 3 weeks back to get them removed. My initial problem was the skin swelling during and post BM around anus (prolapsing hemorrhoids with immediate reduction) and no bleeding. In the first week post ops there was little bleeding and no swelling....

Last reply
  • Hemorrhoidectomy recovery experience

I had a hemorrhoidectomy a couple of years ago and I used this site quite a lot during recovery for tips so i decided id finally share what happened with me in case it helps others.  My piles were BAD. they didnt cause me pain but they eventually got to a stage where they were bleeding CONSTANTLY....

Last reply
  • I found a small bump just inside my butthole

I'm male 16 I found a small  lump/bump of some sort not to deep inside my butthole (anal canal)  , and I am very worried , I discovered it a few weeks ago . I don't have any sort of pain nor bleeding, no itching, no unusual bowel movements .  Everything normal , Just a small bump/lump...

Last reply
  • External Hemorrhoid heal time?!

Hope some of you read and follow this and reply too.  I had the runs on January 20th and cleaned too hard with rough toilet paper. Developed two thrombosed external hems.  Weird thing was I didn’t have excruciating pain. Uncomfortable? Yes. I went for a run and the friction caused one of them...

Last reply
  • Haemorrhoids and faecal leakage? Strangulation/stool bulker?

I've had piles for a number of years now and just put up with them as I have much greater health issues and they are were juat a nuscience. A couple of years ago they became EXTREMELY painful (I very nearly went to A n E but I couldn't move! ) and bled a lot. I assume now they may have at least...

Last reply
  • Anyone had the Rafaelo Procedure

Hi, I have 2 grade 2's and a grade 3 haemorrhoids. A while back I had banding done which failed and then I had a thrombosed haemorrhoid. I am fed up of pushing one back in after a BM and was wondering about the Rafaelo Procedure.

Last reply
  • Can anyone help Rafaelo Procedure

Hello Everyone,  I’ve been suffering from piles for some time now.  I’ve been told about the Rafaelo procedure, as it suggests,  will the surgery be painless.  Please advise or share story of those who have had this particular procedure please.  Thank you for any help.

Last reply
  • My experience 5 weeks after Haemorrhoidectomy 

After 5 weeks of doing the operation and especially after passing through some really horrible times of pain and misery I promised myself that I owe it to everybody out there to share my experience so that you can derive benefit out of it. I had suffered from haemorrhoids for 20+ years and it is only...

Last reply
  • Pressure and gassy stomach on and off

Hello , i am 28 year old female. From last three weeks i am having weird stomach issues. First , i had severe pain at upper abdomen , just like galbladder pain which last for 6 hrs. And then i am having gassy stomach and bloating issues . It's on and off. I am vegetarian and don't eat much buttery...

Last reply
  • Need diagnosis help

Can someone tell me what these painful lumps are on my anus Moderator comment:I have deleted the links to the images as they went to a site unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. Users can upload images directly to this site by using the icon at the top right of reply boxes.

Last reply
  • I feel like this will never get better

Not ganna make this to long because most of u that had this will probably know. I need answers( someone plz help me) I’m on day 2 had no bowel movement and I know/feel like I could then the pain is just so bad, feels like I’m getting stabbed with a knife.  I even ate regular food and my stool soften...

Last reply
  • What to expect after Hemorrhoid surgery

I decided to start this post for a few reasons.   The first is to give me something to do while going through this.  Second, is maybe get some support from others who have been where I'm at.  And third, to let people know who are considering this surgery what to expect. I turned 50...

Last reply
  • Hemorrhoidectomy

I had my surgery on Wednesday 4th April I had internal haemorrhoids and three polyps that was also going to be removed I had to be put under general anaesthetic as one of the polyp was to close to the rectum, anyway had the pre op consultation the week before and was told what the procedure would be...

Last reply
  • Hemorrhoidectomy - Tips for recovery

Hey all, Well I’m on day 25 now, and before I start to forget all the things that helped me, I will write them down for you all. I scoured the internet, read some real horror stories - but I am now through it and hopefully this might give you some hope and help as you recover. I am pretty much better,...

Last reply
  • Happy hemorrhoid story!

So I've read lots of hemorrhoidectomy horror stories and was terrified for my surgery, which was 8 days ago, but feel obligated to offer hope for others out there.   For starters, I had banding one Friday and then my full surgery the following Thursday.  I was uncomfortable those first...

Last reply
  • Certain foods kill me

Hi everyone, New to this forum, but I am on another. My question is that it seems the older I get, the harder it is to deal with certain foods that never bothered me before. My hemorrhoids do not like bacon, and ginger tea is like a knife in my hemorrhoids. Why do our reaction to certain foods change....

Last reply
  • open wound after hemorrhoidectomy

Hello All, I had a hemorrhoidectomy 5 weeks ago. This has been the most painful, challenging thing I have ever gone through. It has completely changed me as a person. I am completely depressed and anxious all the time. I am healing, but during my first BM I blew open one of my incisions. I had a giant,...

Last reply
  • 4 Weeks post op

Hi hope everyone is doing well. I'm now 4 weeks post op and from day 9 I have had to use a sitz bath to do a bm. Anyone else 4 weeks post op still using the sitz bath? I just find it too painful to go without sitting in hot water. I'm due back at work on 16th so don't want to still be using...

Last reply
  • Body Aches

I started working out a year ago and this seems to have aggravated my internal Hemorrhoids. Its almost as is every time I have a bowel movement, there is blood and small clots even. My question to you all is as follows: roughly once a month, I will have a bowel movement and roughly one hour later, I...

Last reply
  • Hemmorhoid Banding

Hi all, This morning just had hemmorhoid banding on I think 3 maybe 2 small hemmorhoids. The surgeon said I definitely only had grade 1 as they were very small and I never bled from them, they just gave me discomfort from time to time and wanted to get it dealt with. Currently no pain but a feeling...

Last reply
  • Hemorrhoids and blood leaking through into underwear

Hi, I'm male and have been diagnosed with piles, and have been suffering for several years. The conditon is exagerated as i seem to have IBS. When I have wind and loose stools, i lose a lot of blood. I also lose a lot if it's a hard stool, as I had a fissure about 1 year ago. I've had one...

Last reply
  • Surgery advice needed for hemrohiods

teral Internal Sphincterotomy surgery after fissure your experiencecs? Ras 07 Has anyone had a chronic fissure that was treated by surgery. Please tell me your experiences (good or bad) after surgery. After the surgery how long did you have unbearable pain. I need to undergo this surgery as well

Last reply
  • Banding internal hemorrhoids

Has anyone had success with rubber band ligation for internal hemorrhoids? I've had it done over 3 months ago and I have been feeling worse than I ever. Will be trying that procedure again and hoping it will help me this time.

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.