Skip to content

Haemorrhoids

Also known as Piles

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • My experience 5 weeks after Haemorrhoidectomy 

After 5 weeks of doing the operation and especially after passing through some really horrible times of pain and misery I promised myself that I owe it to everybody out there to share my experience so that you can derive benefit out of it. I had suffered from haemorrhoids for 20+ years and it is only...

Last reply
  • What to expect after Hemorrhoid surgery

I decided to start this post for a few reasons.   The first is to give me something to do while going through this.  Second, is maybe get some support from others who have been where I'm at.  And third, to let people know who are considering this surgery what to expect. I turned 50...

Last reply
  • Surgery today

Had piles surgery today. I’m so thankful for the information here.  Will keep u guys updated.

Last reply
  • Hemorrhoid surgery recovery tips

Hemorrhoidectomy recovery I had a hemorrhoidectomy two weeks ago. The doctor warned me that recovery process would be painful. But I didn't think it would be this intense. Here are a few tips to ease the pain. It made a world of difference in pain management for me: 1) ice packs-- most ice packs...

Last reply
  • A "Good" Hemorrhoidectomy Experience

I decided I needed to write this post to help the next poor guy or gal facing this surgery who stumbles upon all the horror stories out there TL/DR:  My experience was not nearly as terrible as most of the posts on here make it out to be. I'm a 41 year old male in good health.  I've...

Posted
  • Something that has helped

After a lot of discomfort daily and not much relief I have found something that gives instant relief for hem's so want to share in case it helps others pain wise. Teabags! Run a teabag under the cold tap then leave it on the the painful area and lie down a little while. Literally so thankful I found...

Last reply
  • hemrrhoidectomy

I'm post op 3 weeks. Here's what happened with me: 1. Minimize your prescription pain meds. They constipate and slow healing. no amount of stool softener can keep up and you need to walk around to stimulate and to help heal. Day 3 I took myself off of pain meds completely except at bedtime....

Last reply
  • Hemorrhoidectomy. My experience.

Hello all, I had a hemorrhoidectomy on Friday 9th February 2018. My appointment was booked for 0730am that day although I did not actually go to theatre until closer to 1530hrs that day. That in itself is quite hard to take because you are not allowed to eat or drink prior to the surgery. I woke from...

Last reply
  • Tuck Pads

Hi all. Having a hemorrhoidectomy on March 6th and want to have all supplies ready. Has anyone used tuck pads and are they any good? I've ordered a sitz bath, a bottle sprayer, a toilet step, and benifober fibre. Anything else I may need? Hope you're all doing OK x

Last reply
  • painful and soft lump/bulge near my anus

Since past two days i have been having this round shaped lump which is quite painful if I touch it or sit down (but not otherwise). It is very soft when i touch it like a bubble located at left side of my anus so basically i am sitting on my right bum for the past day. Plz help, i don't know what...

Last reply
  • My hemorrhoidectomy experience in 5 th day after surgery

Hello frens! I’m aamer 28 recently done my hemorrhoidectomy n u all know as usual I’m very uncomfortable in pain like everyone wid bleeding f drops f blood  My disease was 8 yrs old n done surgery n told me dat I vil recover in 10 days but I m v much nt comfortable wid da bleeding of blood...

Posted
  • My cure for piles

I first got piles while giving birth to my first child 8 years ago and have suffered with them regularly ever since. A big problem for me is that I am allergic to the over the counter piles treatment which makes me red, sore and itchy. Not ideal! Last November I suffered a particularly severe bout...

Last reply
  • Can hemorrhoids affect stool shape?

Okay so for about two years now I think I have what I believe to be hemorrhoids. I can see visible lumps upon inspection of my own bottom. Theu definitely appear to be hemorrhoids but I haven't had that confirmed by a doctor. Symptoms I experience: Sensation of pressure in the anus. Some itchiness....

Last reply
  • 4 weeks post op hemorrhoidectomy

I am 4 weeks and 4 days post op after having two external hemorrhoids removed. Still having some trouble with bowel movements,they're soft but i still feel like i have to push harder than i should, especially considering I'm eating very healthy, taking docusate,and drinking 12 glasses of water...

Posted
  • My Experience: hemorrhoid surgery 6 days after...

My name is Gary. I am 57 and have had problems with hemorrhoids for years. It was getting to where I was spending two weeks out of the month basicly ok due to constipation from opiate medication I have to take. Then one week where I use the prep H to push the roids back into place. Then often a week...

Last reply
  • Surgery to correct anal stenosis

Hi there. I was just wondering if anyone has had surgery to correct anal stenosis? The stricture is the result of an overzealous haemorrhoidectomy I had nearly 2.5 years ago and it’s been diagnosed as acute stenosis that needs an operation to correct and hopefully give me a better quality of life than...

Last reply
  • Botox injections for anal fissure

Hi I had an open haemorrhoidectomy for thrombosed haemorrhoids and skin tags last October which left me with an anal fissure . I've tried the diltiazam cream fir the last couple of months with no improvement so am now going to try the Botox injections. I've done some research in this and although...

Last reply
  • How long does the swelling last after hemorrhoidectomy?

Had hemorrhoidectomy on Decemeber 7th, 2017 and am still having issues with swelling. I had three internal grade 3 hemorrhoids removed and can feel large external swelling on my right side. Not sure if swelling is coming from internally or externally. Is this normal even after a month out? Also, using...

Last reply
  • Having surgery and petrified

Hi everyone. I'm having my hemorrhoidectomy on 6th March. I have a stage 4 prolapse they are removing and several inside they plan to stitch to cut off their blood supply. I've looked at all the posts but wondered if anyone had internal and external hemorrhoids surgery like I'm having and...

Last reply
  • Keeping Post Operative Pain to a minimum

I I had my surgery 5 days ago I read the various horror stories on this and other sites regarding Hemorrhoidectomy in the months leading up to my surgery. I was filled with so much fear and anxiety I nearly canceled the surgery the day before. However I decided I'd rather be in pain, no matter how...

Last reply
  • hemorrhoidectomy (my experience)

Im writing my experience so hopefully can help somebody else. I had a type 3 hemorroid, It never really hurt or bled. but It was very uncomfortable cause it came out every single time that I pooped and I was worried that eventually bring me problems. I visited the doctor and he suggested hemorrhoidectomy,...

Last reply
  • My hemorrhoidectomy recovery

Hi there, this is my first time posting to a forum of any kind regarding this issue, I have however read countless stories from all different places (over 99% horror stories) in the last couple of years.  This post is to share my personal experience, answer any questions and also to get some...

Last reply
  • Ouch on a hemroids

Oh my gosh how do I even explain how bad my poor butthole hurts I am literally sitting here in my room alone with my legs up in the air I didn't want to stress too much trying to go to the bathroom and stage 3 and I can't BM yet really really want to

Last reply
  • open wound after hemorrhoidectomy

Hello All, I had a hemorrhoidectomy 5 weeks ago. This has been the most painful, challenging thing I have ever gone through. It has completely changed me as a person. I am completely depressed and anxious all the time. I am healing, but during my first BM I blew open one of my incisions. I had a giant,...

Last reply
  • Day 6 of my recovery

I have been in terrible pain for 5 days, after having grade 4 piles removed inside and out and this site has really helped my. I am posting today to give other people some encouragement, on day 6, I am feeling much better and was finally able to go out side for a walk to the local shops and school,...

Last reply
  • Need help

i was using icepack to reduce discomfort but suddenly it started to  bleed a lot (never happened this to me before). Anyway, next morning I went to emergency and doctor told me that I am not bleeding from rectum but my hemorrid has damaged. He recommended to put pads and it will go away soon. But...

Last reply
  • Not sure

I am down to have Hemorrhoid surgery but  my consultant said it lot better then it was to have as he does one called  THD procedure, the blood-supplying arteries of the haemorrhoid are precisely located with a fine, specially designed proctoscope allowing maximum precision via a doppler...

Last reply
  • At what stage was surgery suggested

At what stage is surgery suggested.   I have been suffering for about five months now and having to sit on one cheek because of the discomfort.  Seeing GP again so hopefully I may have  a diagnosis as I have what I believe is an external hemmroid.   Would the length of time be sufficient...

Last reply
  • Over the counter treatmeant

Can anyone recommend over the counter treatment that works as I have tried several different ones and my problem still persists.   I wa even given ointment and suppositories from my Gp several months ago but it didn’t help either. For  five months it feels as If I have piles , hurts  to...

Last reply
  • Hemroids that’s don’t respond to treatment

I have had discomfort for several months and have tried treatment given to me by my GP, but the discomfort won’t go away and sitting is so uncomfortable. I have no bleeding or pain when I go. I have had several rectal examinations and only hemroids was found so what is going g on !

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.