Skip to content
Ad

Haemorrhoids

Also known as Piles

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Can hemorrhoids affect stool shape?

Okay so for about two years now I think I have what I believe to be hemorrhoids. I can see visible lumps upon inspection of my own bottom. Theu definitely appear to be hemorrhoids but I haven't had that confirmed by a doctor. Symptoms I experience: Sensation of pressure in the anus. Some itchiness....

Last reply
  • My experience 5 weeks after Haemorrhoidectomy 

After 5 weeks of doing the operation and especially after passing through some really horrible times of pain and misery I promised myself that I owe it to everybody out there to share my experience so that you can derive benefit out of it. I had suffered from haemorrhoids for 20+ years and it is only...

Last reply
  • I need feed back on hemorrhoidectomy

My hemorrhoids got bad 2 months ago to where the doctor recommended the hemorrhoidectomy. He said they are internal prolapse hemorrhoids. I went to the e.r. a month ago because I couldn't push them back in and it was painful. I changed my diet lost 12 pounds and it helped for two weeks and I felt...

Last reply
  • Post haemorrhoidectomy recovery

Hi  2 wks post haemorrhoidectomy Just wondering if anyone has experienced multiple bm per day?? I'm going 3-4 times a day making for a slower recovery I'm sure as it's so painful Also I seem to have a lot of urgency when I need to go Anyone out here experienced this? And if so...

Last reply
  • What to expect after Hemorrhoid surgery

I decided to start this post for a few reasons.   The first is to give me something to do while going through this.  Second, is maybe get some support from others who have been where I'm at.  And third, to let people know who are considering this surgery what to expect. I turned 50...

Last reply
  • Hemorrhoid Banding aftercare

I had 4 heamorrhoids banded a week ago. Pain seems to be getting easier except after a BM. Pain after BM can last from an hour up to 6. The question I have is when I go to the loo, one still prolapses and feels very tight to get back in. Has anyone else experienced this and is it normal and will it fall...

Last reply
  • Halo Haemorrhoidal,Artery,Ligation,Operation.

Hi i am wrighting this today as i have just had the above operation done 5 days ago,i would be very graitefull if anyone who has had the same operation would be able to advise me as how long the pain and discumfort will last as i am getting like a contraction type pain in my anas area and when braking...

Last reply
  • Inquiry into Scar Tissue after Hemorrhoidectomy Complications

I had the most excruciating expirience with an impaction that began with unholy pain, pouring sweat, vomiting, and screaming. It lasted about 30 min. of me manually evacuating the problem followed by me crying in an Epsom salt bath. I had a hemorrhoidectomy about three weeks ago (never have this surgery...

Last reply
  • Relief from Piles without Surgery!

I was booked in for surgery on my piles some months ago and wanted to share my experiences in the hope that others may find it helpful. I have suffered from grade 3 piles for many years with my first attack during childhood. Most of the time I am pain free but I often get itching and some bleeding and...

Posted
  • yoh yoh
  • Repair reply to mary

Sheffield Northern General ,just in as a day patient op at 3 home for 8 ,then back in next day with sickness and rounding in pain had me in over night sent home 5 teatime, back in again following morning at 3 but sent me home saying I had to try and control the pain myself ,you met be looked after...

Last reply
  • Piles Operation in Scotland

Hi, I am waiting for a date for my piles operation and live in Scotland. Has anyone had an operation for this in Scotland?. I have grade three piles, what will they do. Any information please as I am really scared.

Last reply
  • Still not pain free after 5 week's

So pleased to hear you are on the mend I just hope in a couple more weeks I will be pain free I have suffered for 20 year's a should have had op before but i was never given the opportunity to say yes !!!!

Posted
  • Hemorrhoid surgery recovery tips

Hemorrhoidectomy recovery I had a hemorrhoidectomy two weeks ago. The doctor warned me that recovery process would be painful. But I didn't think it would be this intense. Here are a few tips to ease the pain. It made a world of difference in pain management for me: 1) ice packs-- most ice packs...

Last reply
  • Complete Relief for Hemorrhoids

Complete relief! Does not make them go away! I would also recommend not hurting yourself any further when you have the relief, as it is Only Temporary. I discovered that my VANUATU PREMIUM GROUND KAVA ROOT has completely took ALL the pain away! I am not exaggerating or pulling anyone's strings. ...

Last reply
  • My Experience: hemorrhoid surgery 6 days after...

My name is Gary. I am 57 and have had problems with hemorrhoids for years. It was getting to where I was spending two weeks out of the month basicly ok due to constipation from opiate medication I have to take. Then one week where I use the prep H to push the roids back into place. Then often a week...

Last reply
  • Hemorrhoidectomy recovery experience

I had a hemorrhoidectomy a couple of years ago and I used this site quite a lot during recovery for tips so i decided id finally share what happened with me in case it helps others.  My piles were BAD. they didnt cause me pain but they eventually got to a stage where they were bleeding CONSTANTLY....

Last reply
  • Banding one week ago, bloody mucus?

Hi, I had two hemorrhoids banded last week. The same day I had a lot of discomfort, feeling like I had to poop like I've never had before, but that mostly went away by the next day. The bleeding with bowel movements, which had mostly gone away, did come back and I've gotten constipated the last...

Last reply
  • Essential oils for haemorrhoids.

Hi, I seem to be having a bout of haemorrhoids, just a question has anyone tried essential oils for this problem and if so has it helped, I've seen quite a few articles saying they can help, thanks.

Posted
  • Essential oils for haemorrhoids.

Hi, I seem to be having a bout of haemorrhoids, just a question has anyone tried essential oils for this problem and if so has it helped, I've seen quite a few articles saying they can help, thanks.

Posted
  • Lump in anus

I've recently noticed a hard lump on the left hand side of the rectum wall about 10cm up from the anal opening.  Other symptoms include:  - Bleeding when I pass a stool. This has been happening for around six months along with pain and itching in that area. The blood is light red. ...

Last reply
  • Haemorrhoids Tingling?

I was diagnosed with internal haemorrhoids last year following a sigmoidoscopy which was only done to put my mind at rest as I was convinced there was something wrong despite having no bleeding or change of bowel habit. Two days ago I had the sensation of keep needing to empty my bowels but hardly managed...

Last reply
  • Hemorrhoids

When you have this issue, can there be a fishy odor to accompany this problem? I've got people saying that I smell, and I know it's not my vagina. I know how to wipe, and etc. so that isn't an issue. 

Last reply
  • Random pain on my anus swollen bump

First of all I’m a 26 year old male, I have SLE and severe anxiety and panic disorder. So here I am trying to get an answer because it’s too late to go to the doctors. I was sitting at my computer like I usually do when I started getting discomfort in my rectal area. Which in itself is abnormal, I ended...

Last reply
  • Itchy\burning anus unsure of cause

For the past week I have had a tickling and burning sensation around my anus and surrounding area my first thoughts were threadworms so when I itched I took a look which lead to another discovery I have irritable bowel and constantly go through a cycle of constipation and diarhea upon Looking to see...

Last reply
  • Recovery after HALO.

So! I have had constipation sove I was around 11! I have been under so many different doctors to help me with this but nothing has seemed to ever work ( even went gluten free for a year). I am now 23 and I have hemmorriods. They have caused me problems for about 4-5 years. I had the banded a year ago...

Posted
  • Burning around anus- External hemorrhoids?

Greetings! I went to a doctor lately and got my internal haemorrhoids removed (4 in total) with rubber band ligation, all went well. The reason I went there was because I had burning, itching around my anus and I still do. It looks fine and healthy when it's in normal state, but when I push, it...

Last reply
  • Prescription-only treatment in the UK?

Will GP be able to prescribe something better than what you can get over the counter? Had problems before - thromosed one that was surgically removed.  Had no problems since (18 months ago) but seems to have flared up again. Dont seem as painful or big as last time.

Posted
  • Booked in for Banding on mid July

Hello all, Well I finally worked up the courage to book on my banding. I am getting one large hemorrhoid banded and injected in July. I am scared but also hoping for the best. I have a few hemorrhoids but read it best to do one at a time. I would love any after care tips :-)

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.