Yellow discharge 2 months after hemorrhoidectomy

Posted , 23 users are following.

Hello ,

I had a hemorrhoidectomy on sept 13th of this year. Three large internal hemorrhoids were removed. I am two months post op and still having painful bowel movements, burning for hours after going. I have also had yellow discharge all day everyday since the operation so I have to keep putting cotton there. I seen my surgeon and he wants to take me back in the operating room to take a look. Has anyobe ever experienced this? Specifically the yellow discharge never stoping? Any advice you can give me on what my next step is?

1 like, 35 replies

35 Replies

Next
  • Edited

i had my op on Sep 19th and i also still have the light yellow discharge. its not a lot and mostly a couple of hours after bm and then it lessens throughout the day. i havent had my post op checkup yet but i would think it is a part of a normal healing process as long as its not smelly and/or changing in colour.

• Posted

thanks for replying? We had ours around the same time, are you still in pain? Do you still have a lot of swelling down below? I don't really want to go back in for surgery so does this stage pass? I feel like I am no better then I was at week 2 after surgery.

• Edited

i am definitely better than week 2 but not 100%. on the days that i have my usual 1 BM in the morning i feel great and no pain. However, some days i have multiple BMs and then i get a bit of swelling and burning/itchy type of pain afterwards. from what i read a full recovery can take a couple of months so i dont think its unusual what you are experiencing. .

• Posted

keep up with your fiber diet and retraining of your bowls will always be a struggle.

yellow discharge is normal is mucus

have to make sure your keeping up with your cleaning properly after each bowl movement.

I had the same surgury grade 4 hemorrhoids removed ( 3 of them ) and going back for a secondary surgery for internal 4th hemorrhoid.

but even since my surgury I struggle going to the washroom and the mucus. but my surgeon is pleased with my healing

• Posted

Hi, just wondering what you mean by "retraining of your bowels will always be a struggle."

• Edited

3 months after procedure and im still having yellow discharge pain and burning in my rectum. i am also having small narrow stools that take 3-4 trips to the bathroom to completely empty. Then i am in pain for six plus hours after no matter what I do.

I had a colonoscopy done two weeks ago with no issues found, healthy scar tissue and no complications. I am still very much in pain and I am desperite to get my life back. Has anyone had this happen before? I cant find anything similar to this or what it could be.

• Edited

4 weeks out and still burning 24/7 and dont want to drive.. & a brown yellow light discharge all the time with some small bleed still. Any idea when will those both stop?

• Posted

how are you now hope you are feeling better . 20 days now and still very painfull

• Posted

hi I'm 3 months on and my bowels movements are very thin . have your improved

• Edited

hello

I went back in for a second surgery, and still experience yellow discharge and I have loss some feeling down there. The first surgery was an outstanding procedure for recovery and healing this last surgury was a nightmare I regret it as I still have hemroids

yellow and brown discharge is normal

it's like the hemroids pussing like a discharge

just remember to use unscented soaps and keep it clean. I have experienced a whole s**t loads of things. I am always here ...

• Posted

Hi I'm in day 8 after surgery and in dreadful pain after bowel movement. I was given antibiotics for the first week which gave me terrible bad stomach and going up to 4 times a day which meant constant pain.. After bowel movement the pain lasts anything from an hour upwards real pressure how long does l this last I feel like there is no end to i all.. Please someone tell me there is.

• Posted

For me pain and bleeding got better after about 10 days following hemorrhoidectomy. I'm at four weeks now after surgery. Still usually some pain during BM but main issue ongoing and concern for the future is drainage. It of course started out mostly red and brown or tan and then gradually changed to mostly yellow with brown or tan in the middle of the pad. The whole reason I had the procedure done was to stop leakage of clear fluid at random times every day. There are times now when it's mostly dry on the pads but like others here I'm wondering when the pads will always be dry and I can stop wearing them and the diapers. It sounds like some people heal by 6 or 7 weeks but most take 3 or more months. I'm guessing for me the leakage or drainage will probably keep happening for at least 3 months because I still have quite a bit of it, especially in the first couple of hours following BMs.

• Edited

I am 9 days post op and have the discharge

• Posted

I am at four weeks post op and discharge has only decreased by about half since the beginning. It changed colors of course basically from mostly red to mostly yellow. Like almost everyone else though the question is when is it supposed to stop? Some say 6 or 7 weeks and others 3 months and others a lot longer than that.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.