Yellow discharge 2 months after hemorrhoidectomy

Posted , 23 users are following.

Hello ,

I had a hemorrhoidectomy on sept 13th of this year. Three large internal hemorrhoids were removed. I am two months post op and still having painful bowel movements, burning for hours after going. I have also had yellow discharge all day everyday since the operation so I have to keep putting cotton there. I seen my surgeon and he wants to take me back in the operating room to take a look. Has anyobe ever experienced this? Specifically the yellow discharge never stoping? Any advice you can give me on what my next step is?

1 like, 35 replies

35 Replies

Prev Next
  • Edited

just had the Op three weeks ago and I am suffering too, to say the least. Anyway it is getting better and I have the yellow discharge, stinging butt with BM but I find a hot bath helps amazingly well for the pain. To be honest I run the bath the moment i think I need a BM just in case.

For the discharge I discovered ladies tampon towel's work great for collecting unwanted leaks and I change them 2/3 times a day and wear one at night.

BM I have found you need to do short constant movement of you anal track muscles (not pushing from your gut) to move things along, I have found this helps alot but can be painful at the time but help loads fir ongoing pain. I think the pain is multiplied due to not shifting everything in your anal track and then you have something pressing on the wound inside.

Anyways reading this help explain what I'm going through and I hope some of my tips help..... hot baths are the way to go, and as hot as you can take it.

Its like instant pain relief for me and allows you to clean yourself better as well.

Oh one more thing in the UK you can buy disposables wet toilet wipes that you can flush which is a bit better than plain old toilet paper.

• Posted

hi i have been 5 weeks after my surgery (3 internal 2 external ) i still bleed my BM are still in pain i still feel so much pain and irritated after going to the toilet for hours do u know how much time foes it take to feel human again how many weeks or months to feel normal again ?

• Posted

I am 5 weeks post op of the same procedure you described. I had three removed and my doctor said mine were the worst he had ever seen. Anyway, I had no idea the "recovery" would be anything like the hell I've been going through. I still have all three open sores from the procedure and one that is still swollen up to the size of a peanut. Needless to say there is a lot of pain involved and the most annoying thing ever, "the drip". I am taking many bathes now a day in hopes of shrinking the swelling of the peanut so it may go away from blocking my anus and causing so much pain. I am going through more diapers than a set of triplets. When I read your post I was like omg thats sounds exactly like what I too am suffering and struggling through. Please could you tell me how long was it until the nightmare was completely over? I pray for the day that I am out if pain and able to get my life back. I expect the drip to continue even longer than the pain. How long until the open sores completely closed up? Thank you for any info, tips or anything else you may be able to help me with. Btw I eat mostly vegetables, fruits, baked potatos, soup and things like that. My movements are small and happen all through the day. Comes out like sift clay

• Posted

I am 4 weeks post op and for me the main issue is also the drip as you call it. I had the drip of clear fluid before the surgery which is why I had the surgery in the first place. I only have pain during BMs so I'm sorry you're having more than that but I also would like to know about what to expect about when the drip or discharge will stop.

• Edited

Are you doing the sitz bath. I had my surgery on June 4th. Omg the pain afterwards was unbearable I almost died. There was no pain medication on my discharge papers. Nurse reviewed discharge papers after surgery while still having anesthesia in my system. They were supposed to reiterate for me to go to pharmacy to pick up pain meds. They didnt tell me what to expect as car as pain after surgery. Anyway I'm better now. But I almost died. because imagine having your 1st bowel movement after surgery with no pain medication after anaesthesia wears off. Anyway I went on Amazon I bought sitz bath underwear immediately after surgery. After every bowel movement I dont wipe with toilet paper I go immediately to the shower as instructed. I use showerhead to rinse area. And I shower normally and then I put on these sitz bath underwear with Walgreens brand Epsom salt with lavender. Every shower since surgery I wear the underwear with the Epsom salt and I've been healing I dont have any pain. Surgeon removed 3 internal hemmroids. I understand your pain because for 2 weeks I had unbearable and indescribable pain. I hope you feel better. I eat fruits and vegetables white rice mostly salads sometimes popeyes. Also are you taking colace stool softener? I also bought plum juice on amazon and that helped alot

• Edited

Hi!

I had surgery on 6/23.

The pain has been pretty terrible with BM. A couple times I was in tears because of the burning. I am almost two weeks post op and go back in next week for a follow up.

I have experienced firm stool, loose stool, small stool, you name it.

Prior to surgery I was pretty regular and now I am completely irregular.

I also experience the yellow mucus/discharge. More now then last week. Less blood now however.

I am still swollen and having what looks like hemmrhoids or skin tags still in that area.

I am really hoping those go away so everything is easy to clean in the future.

I have been using sitz baths when the burning occurs to soothe it otherwise I am wiping with moist flushable wipes which I have come to love.

I shower daily and sometimes will keep a panty liner on the back side of my underwear for drainage.

I cant wait for full recover. This is definitely not a fun surgery at all!

Ive been trying not to strain as well but sometimes its necessary so constipation doesnt happen.

One thing I have noticed that has helped with BM. Is if there is pain while its starting to suck in multiple times and almost hold it. Everything stay tight and hurts less.

Cheers to healing and hopefully never dealing with this again!

• Edited

i had my surgery 2 months ago exactly.. two internal a one thrombosed extrenal. I am still in pain after every single BM and every single time i wipe, there something there.. yellow and also never clean (a bit of 💩) I always leave some toilet paper between my butt cheeks and sometimes diapers when I go out. doctor keep saying it's a normal healing process and could take up to three months before all wounds are healing.. I feel you. how are you doing now?

• Posted

Hi, how are you now? am 7 weeks post operation and am looking for glimpse of hope that I will heal sometime.

• Posted

I am 7.5 weeks post-op and the yellow discharge has completely stopped. I also thought it'd never stop but it did, about 1-2 weeks ago, which was around 6 weeks post-op.

• Posted

Hi,

I had my hemorrhoidectomy 6 weeks back; it is still hurting and I keep getting yellow mucus discharge as well. I also get strong itching sensations after passing stools as well. When counsulted with my surgeon; he said it could last for a few weeks more. Apparently; the procedure done on me was Incision & Drainage of Perianal Abcess which was on top of a hemorrhoid.

Is there anyone who had experienced this before? How long did the yellow discharge last for you and did it get healed eventually? Thanks

• Edited

Hi, how are you all after almost 1 year..

am in week 7 post operation and reading your comments made me feel at ease,, I know now that it's normal. I really hope that some one comes back to comment and give me hope that I will be back to my normal life and be human again -beauty & the beast singing in my head- 😄

• Edited

Hi,

I you're concerned about the yellow discharge, it usually goes away after about 7 weeks.

• Posted

Thank you for replying, how long since you had your surgery if you don't mind me asking.

yellow discharge is becoming less but there is still pain and burning after BM ..

• Posted

I had two surgeries 9 months ago, and am still not fully healed.

• Posted

what are you still suffering from? every day passes I regret having the surgery but in the same time I know my life would've been as bad. I wish you recover very soon

• Posted

After the second surgery, a sphincterotomy it seams the surgeon caused some nerve damage which causes some soreness around the anus.

stay positive as you will get better, unfortunately its a long and sometimes painful experience that most surgeons don't fully prepare you for.

wish you all the best.

• Posted

hi, i had hemorrhoidectomy almost 8 weeks back and the first couple of weeks was really painful after consulting the doctor it turns out that the sphincter passage has become narrow since some tissue had to be removed along with the hemorrhoids. anyway now im using a dilator 2-3 times a day which has helped a bit but still doesnt feel normal bm. im considering a second opinion if i need to get sphincterotmy.

how long after your 1st surgery did you wait for sphinterotomy?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.