Skip to content

Haemorrhoids

Also known as Piles

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Haemorrhoidectomy: Positive recover tips! 2 weeks on!

Hi Everyone, Its been just over two weeks from my surgery and I really wanted to post some tips that I have found/finding helpful in my recovery and some positive thoughts post haemorrhoidectomy surgery! Context: I am a 30 year old woman, slim and in fairly good health based in the UK. I have been...

Last reply
  • Pain after Bowel Movement last HRS & Hemorrhoids

Hi All!  Reaching out for some thoughts/input.  My hemorrhoids have caused me SUCH trouble.  Pain when standing or walking too long-  feeling of pressure and the only thing that relieves it is to sit.  I also have pain after bowel movements that last hours and hours.  Feels...

Last reply
  • Hemorrhoidectomy recovery experience

I had a hemorrhoidectomy a couple of years ago and I used this site quite a lot during recovery for tips so i decided id finally share what happened with me in case it helps others.  My piles were BAD. they didnt cause me pain but they eventually got to a stage where they were bleeding CONSTANTLY....

Last reply
  • Hemorrhoidectomy Recovery

Hi all Yes it's embarrassing. Yes I haven't shared it with my friends, but it felt important to post this seeing as I'd read everything I possibly could for the last 6 months leading up to last Friday. I had my op on Friday. I'm a healthy, 32 yr old woman who was lucky enough to get...

Last reply
  • Haemorrhoids

I was diagnosed grade 2 Hemorrhoids only about a months back. I never had any complaint earlier except that I had been having constipation/ delayed emptying since long. I went to the surgeon when I felt some discomfort. He said that I had grade 2 Hemorrhoids internal (no bleeding) at the moment. In view...

Last reply
  • When will the bleeding end?

I'm 44 fairly fit and I have a good diet. Following years of lifting weights I had several months of on/off bleeding a year or so ago, and tried all sorts or creams and potions to stop it. Had camera up there to see what was going on, and nothing but soreness was visible. Had an exploratory procedure...

Last reply
  • Hemorrhoidectomy Update: Major blood loss.

So I have a open thread on here describing my recovery but decided this issue deserves a new topic. Please read my original post for all the prior details.  On Sunday night (9 days post op) something extremely scary happened. Around 5:00 pm after eating a full meal and feeling good I decided to...

Last reply
  • Pile surgery

Had pile surgery 6 days ago pain is really bad after a bowel movement need to strain as i have diverticlitis in mybowel anything i do dosent help any ideals

Last reply
  • Hemmoroidectomy

Hi I'm a 53yr old woman and had hemmoroid surgery 9 days ago. I am getting better..slowly..but am still in agony. My doctor says everything is on schedule and I will experience pain for a min of 3 weeks. I just wanted to share a few things I have done to maybe help others. STOOL SOFTENERS....take...

Last reply
  • Hemorrhoid - what type and what’s the chance they will go away?

I like to think I’m a relatively active and healthy 25 year old. I recently took very sick and the pressure, as well as causing me severe abdomen pain has also caused a bad dose of Hemorrhoids. At first there appeared to be two small pea shaped lumps inside my rectum (I had once had a Hemorrhoid 3 years...

Last reply
  • Stenosis post haemorrhoidectomy

Hi all I suspect I’ve got a degree of stenosis post haemorrhoidectomy (4 months ago).   It’s quite painful just before the bm exits.   Regardless of how soft the stool is I feel like I work hard to get it out and am left with a throbbing sensation after  Has anyone experienced this??...

Last reply
  • 8 weeks post op.

I had my hemmrhiodectomy nov. 15. Recovery was rough by I’ve felt about 80% back to normal. I still have a lot of pain when I poop. But before I get to that, I should explain that I had 5 hemmriods removed. The larger of them being over an inch in diameter. Because of this, my surgeon said that my rectum...

Last reply
  • Blood in stool

Hi guys has anyone on here ever been to the toilet then wiped and had lots of bright red blood on paper and turned the water reddish. It's been 1 week since that happened and now I have streaks of blood in my poop. Which seems always like a whippy stool. I used to be constipated as was taking 30/500mg...

Last reply
  • Recovery from external hemorrhoidectomy

I promised myself that I'd post my experience here once I had recovered sufficiently to give an overview of the process. Backstory: I am 33/m, relatively fit and eat quite healthily. I had a hemmorrhoid that would come out after a BM or extended time sitting on the toilet but would go back in by...

Last reply
  • Emergency hemorrhoidectomy recovery 5 days after childbirth

Hi guys. This site has been so useful to me in my post op recovery.. I wanted to share my story in hopes of helping someone else.  I'm a 30 year old female.. in relatively good health. I've  had some pretty gnarly internal hemorrhoids from the age of 22 that always prolapsed after...

Last reply
  • Haemorrhoids

I have recently been diagnosed with grade 2  Haemorrhoids. The Doc prescribed use of Tronolane Gel 2%. He also suggested to consider injection (he did not mention name). I have started using Tronolane but am rather apprehensive of injection in my advanced age as it may have side effects which may...

Last reply
  • Hemorrhoid recovery experience... getting me down majorly

So I’m on night two after my hemmariod surgery, I’m in absolute agony and cannot sleep! I can’t take any more medication as I’ve had the limit for today... does anyone have any tips? the GP or hospital never said the recovery would be this painful... I’m currently in my lounge having a tea as I cannot...

Last reply
  • 1 year after halo.

Had halo surgery over a year ago for bad internal hemroids. They didn't tell me what stage I was but bleeding a lot every day. Told me it would be a relatively easy op and recovery. They LIED. Pain was immense. And I had really bad blood clots which put me back in hospital and almost needed another...

Last reply
  • Thrombosed hemorrhoids and blood clot.

Hello All. Tis post might be graphic to some, and  my English not perfect to start with. 25 days ago i when to the doctor over severe pain in my anus. The doctor after looking back there  determined external thrombosed hemorrhoids  (but i  might have internal too doctor...

Last reply
  • External Haemorrhoids after pooping

Hi, I rarely have constipation, yet when I poop, my Haemorrhoids tend to flare up. And its clearly visible. The last thing I want to do is surgery. What are my options ? Please advise.   

Last reply
  • Haemorrhoids

Earlier I had explained that I have recently been diagnosed grade 2 Hemorrhoids. I have started using Tronolane (Pramoxine hydrochloride) 1%. At my advanced age, I would not be going into invasive procedures and will keep using ointments/ creams as prescribed by the Doc. I want to have views of other...

Last reply
  • hemorrhoidectomy patient experience

I am not one to share like this however I found this board useful/frightening when researching about hemorrhoidectomy surgery. After reading many of the patient experiences I wanted to run and was petrified of going ahead with the surgery.  I am now POD 7 and thought I would share my positive experience...

Last reply
  • Occasional bleed post haemorrhoidectomy

Hi all I’m curious to see if you guys still have an occasional bleed months after a haemorrhoidectomy esp if the stool was a bit hardish I’m abt 4 months post op.  I’m finding it takes little to nothing to bleed a little from that area  Is this normal ?? 

Last reply
  • Unsure about piles pain, can anyone confirm if this is normal?

I've been told by my doctor that she thinks I had a haemorrhoid because of bleeding and itching. Suppositories seemed to clear this up, but the bloody stool mucus has come back, and now there's pain too. My reading around the subject tells me that external haemorrhoids hurt, but internal ones...

Last reply
  • Awful experience of haemorrhoid banding.

I start this by saying that not everyone will end up like this! I am a 45 yr old fit female who has suffered 20+yrs of external haemorrhoids. I started with bleeding PR a year ago. Had a colonoscopy under sedation.felt everything and I was 1st one to spot a polyp. I would not even bother with sedation...

Last reply
  • Hemmeroidectomy Walk Thru - hope this helps you

Hemmeroidectomy Walk Thru Ortisan (2 packs) Prunes (250g) Cotton Wool pleats / panty liners (1 pack) Bleach (2 bottles) Arnica Gel (eg Atrogel by A Vogel) Porridge oats Soup (home made 14-21 large servings or cartons) Salad vegetables Beet root  Yoghurt (14-21 500g tubs) Yakult x10 pack 2L bottle...

Last reply
  • Halo surgery

Hi I've had halo surgery, it's been three months already, and I've noticed, I've got blood on my toilet wipe, and a few tiny blood clots , should I worry.

Last reply
  • Halo surgery

Hi I've had halo surgery, and it's been three month nearly, and just lately I've had blood on my tiolrt wipes, and a few tiny blood clots, I'm really scared, is this normal, or is this more sinister, I've had the camera"s up an down, I just need to know if I'm going to be...

Last reply
  • Epsom salts good?

Are Epsom salt baths any good? If so how much salt do I put in a bath? I'm day 11 post Haemorrhoidectomy and still really struggling. Went back to doctors again today and it's still badly infected so on yet another course of antibiotics. I just want it to go away now as this is getting unbearable...

Last reply
  • Haemorrhoidectomy Hell

I had grade 4 haemorrhoids and skin tags removed Thursday & wish I hadn't had it done! I've never experienced pain like it and that's saying something concidering I've had many ops before that were alot more major! The pain I can't even describe apart from the extreme burning!...

Last reply
  • Hemorrhoids. Should I have surgery?

I have hemorrhoids that are large, bleed a lot sometimes, with no pain.  I have discharge after BM and need to wear a pad.  After reading the comments after surgery, just wondering if the pain is worth it.

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.