Skip to content
Ad

Haemorrhoids

Also known as Piles

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • nothing works for my Haemorrhoids

So few years ago, notice this small small little thing slighty under my anus would sting if touched etc, thought nothing on it, now few years late it's like size of a pea, maybe a tad bigger, i have noticed it shrink on its own , but it never lasts long and it is big again, tried all  sorts...

Last reply
  • Help me to understand

I had my surgery on external hemorroides just 3 weeks ago. However I feel like I have them still but shorter. My doctor won't give me any explenation until a month later. My question is would this go away or I may have some there still ..?? Looks swollen also 

Last reply
  • My Experience - 7 Weeks After Nhs Halo And Haemorrhoidectomy

I am a 49-year old male and had stage 3 piles for about 5 years. They never really caused me any pain or suffering per se but were an inconvenience. I had been to my GP ages ago to make sure it wasn't anything serious. Towards the end of 2009 I decided to see what options I might have for sorting...

Last reply
  • HALO operation

I had a HALO done 2 weeks and 3 days ago, I'm just concerned as yesterday and today it's been more uncomfortable inside and has even felt itchy inside. Last night I had a couple of sharp pains inside too. Do you think this is normal? I'm worried I've upset it somehow, at first it was...

Posted
  • 5 weeks!

5 weeks now and after a bowel movement I am once again in excrutiating pain! I had bowel movements two nights in a row earlier in the week and they were nothing like this. Te difference was they were much more solid and form. Earlier in the afternoon and tonight it was all much softer, almost runny,...

Last reply
  • Almost Two Weeks Post-op + Constipation

I'm an 18 year old girl and I've had haemorrhoids off and on for the past two years. At first when I went to the doctor for it, describing my condition (which at the time I didn't know the name of) she straight up told me what I was describing didn't exist so I felt discouraged and just...

Last reply
  • open wound after hemorrhoidectomy

Hello All, I had a hemorrhoidectomy 5 weeks ago. This has been the most painful, challenging thing I have ever gone through. It has completely changed me as a person. I am completely depressed and anxious all the time. I am healing, but during my first BM I blew open one of my incisions. I had a giant,...

Last reply
  • Back again - had surgically removed 18 months ago

Had an issue 18 months ago. Really bad pain. GP sent me to hospital to have removed immediately. Apparently, it had swollen quite a bit an gone a bit funny (herniated?). To be fair, they did it same day under local anaesthetic and had no more problems. However, recently, I've been getting pain again....

Posted
  • Haemmorhoidectomy 8 days in

Hi guys Looking for some reassurance if possible! Recovery is very slow. Other than the post BM bleeding easing right off, the pain after passing a stool is no better and the swelling is so much worse than before the op. So far, there is no day on day difference. I go away in 4 weeks and would really...

Last reply
  • Hemrrhoid surgery recovery

Hello Everyone, I wished I had found this discussion board before my surgery for I truly would not have had my surgery. I went in totally blind and I am very ashamed of myself for not getting a second opinion or researching the surgery myself before. I had external and internal hemorrhoids and the one...

Last reply
  • Frequent Bowel Movements after Hemorrhoidectomy

I am in 3rd week Post OP. I Had Surgery for Internel and  Externel Hemorrhoids. Forst 3 Days I Pass Through Unbarable pain...on 2nd day post op i have first bowel movment. wich is  most painfull thing to happend in me. i have taken Lactoloose for 5 days..for first week i had 4 to 5 Painfull...

Posted
  • Feels like something is stuck there

Hi everyone, this forum has been super helpful when I was troubled by warts and I hope it would help me with my issues as well this time. For a week now, i have been feeling like there is something stuck somewhere between my vagina and anus. It hurts a little like a wound after bowel movement. I've...

Last reply
  • Rectal bleeding (piles) ?

Can someone help please. I have diverticular disease and had a colonoscopy 2 weeks ago. Due to pain it had to be abandoned. Yesterday I had a virtual colonoscopy and when I got home and sat on loo for a wee lots of blood poured out. It has happened 5 times now no pain and the blood is bright red. Do...

Last reply
  • Anal bleeding.

I've been bleeding on and off for years… Over 10 years now… Seven years ago I had an anal fistula which was repaired... I had a sigmoidology, analscope, MRI, proctoscope done for the fistula... I insisted they checked everything because I would bleed for my bum a lot. They didn't find anything...

Last reply
  • First ever hemorrhoid - should I see the doctor?

So I'm 21 and never had a hemorrhoid before - I'm assuming I got it due to genetics, because my dad had them all the time, and every website I've looked at said that's a huge contributing factor. I'm studying in London for the summer, so I've been doing my best to ignore it in...

Last reply
  • Hemorrhoids never go away?

also painful but they have subdued and now are reddish prominent wrinkles and kind of like 'flaps'. After wiping they will look even more prominent and might even become more bulbous, but never hurt. I want them to go away. How?

Last reply
  • Hemorrhoid Banding Yesterday - My Experience

I had two hemorrhoids banded yesterday by a colorectal surgeon. I know I terrified I was so thought I'd share my journey. The Day of the Procedure I had to fast from 7am for admission to hospital at 11am. They said no prep but I did a suppository anyway just in case. They wheeled my into theatre...

Last reply
  • Pain

can anyone please tell me if they feel pain from their haemorrhoids into their outer labia. 

Last reply
  • My Hemorrhoidectomy Journey (Part 1)

Hi there! My name is Michelle and I am going to be 29 over the summer plus my husband & I are going to be celebrating our 9th wedding anniversary this summer as well. Today is March 29th, 2017 and I'm scheduled to have my Hemorrhoidectomy on April 28th, 2017. There's a chance I...

Last reply
  • Preparing for a haemorrhoidectomy

In the great scheme of things, a haemorrhoidectomy is way down the list of serious medical interventions, unless, of course, there are complications. I’m a fit and healthy 69 year old male who had a haemorrhoidectomy on the 1st March 2017. The operation itself went relatively well and eventually (a month...

Last reply
  • Banding #3 - THE END!

Had my 3rd and final banding on Wed. June 7. Third one seems to be the charm. I can honestly say this must be how the Dr who hasn't had banding but is advising means when they say... some people go to work the same afternoon - although that very first day was painful, it's been pretty much a...

Last reply
  • After piles surgery treatment

Here is some medicine and tips i will give you. If you follow this rules indeed you will feel good. I have done surgery one month ago now i am feeling fine so far. After piles surgery take this medicine 1. Cefixime capsules 400mg 1+0+1 (14 days) 2. Ketorolac Tromethamine 10mg 1+1+1 (05 days after...

Last reply
  • Hemorrhoidectomy recovery

Its been about a month since my surgery. I can finally poop without pain and sit down. But its like i still have the hemorrhoids that were supposedly removed. I still cant wear my thongs because the area is still sensative .they are itchy too .... is all this normal .... so far i was still better off...

Last reply
  • External haemorrhoids- related to banding?

Hi, I have stage 3 internal haemorrhoids that have been banded. The left column has been banded twice and the two right columns banded once each all using the CRH O'Regan system. The procedure has been mild from a discomfort standpoint. The last banding was on the left column about a month ago....

Posted
  • Terrified

I am having my hemorrhoidectomy in the morning. After reading a lot of stories in different on line forums I am terrified. I have everything ready for recovery taking advice from different people. I expect pain and lots of it. I am 60 years old and in excellent condition so I'm hopeful I can get...

Last reply
  • Getting there?

A little over two weeks in and it appears to be getting easier. After following my GP's advice and reducing the laxative there is now a few days between movements. All is normal with but still experiencing pain a few hours later. Having said that, the pain eases off a little faster rather than reaching...

Last reply
  • Scared about my Hemorriodectomy

I've been reading tons and tons of forums and it's making me incredibly anxious and afraid to have this surgery. Borderline thinking of canceling it. I'm 29 male, USA. I have been told I have three hemorrhoids, all internal, one being large and patrudes after a bm. I have no pain, but this...

Last reply
  • Still painful but......

So I'm still experiencing the intense pain (anywhere beteween 8 out of 10 to a full on 10 out of 10! Not at the time of a bowel movement but it comes on between 30 minutes to an hour after a bowel movement. The pain gets even worse when I lie down so there is not ,much chance of sleeping. Three sleepness...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.