Can internal haemorrhoids cause grooves/ridges in poop? (Pics)

Posted , 22 users are following.

I noticed the groove in July 2018. Went to my GP, he did a DRE and determined it was internal hemorrhoid. No bleeding, no pain, no mucus. Only symptom is the groove going down the whole stool.

Went back to GP to follow up in Feb since the groove hasn't gone away. I have a consultation on MONDAY, April 8 with a GI Dr. !

32 year old female. no family history of cancer.

0 likes, 39 replies

39 Replies

Next
  • Posted

As you are not experiencing other symptoms best thing is to wait till your appointment and see what the doctor says when he sees you. In some ways you are lucky to not have the itching, soreness etc that most people get. Hope it goes well at the appointment and they can do further examinations etc to see exactly what it is.

• Posted

thank you for responding.

I'm hoping other fellow 'rhoid suffers have/had the same experience.

• Posted

I have the same thing. Do you have any updates?

• Posted

For me personally. I 2 had grooves and was caused by internal hemroids. As long as your not experiencing any pain itching or any of that your totally fine.

• Posted

thank you for responding. I have this groove for over a year now with no change on groove size or pain. I'm certain the grooves are caused by internal 'rhoids.

how long have you had the grooves?

• Posted

Let me update incase someone has the same groovy stool. (0.0)

Got back from the procedure everything is normal!

no cancer, no polyps, no signs of IBS, diverticulitis, colitis.

• Posted

I have a very long history of GI issues. Most recently being H. Pylori. This flattened and groovy (lol) type poop has been happening to me for about 6 months now. What the hell is wrong with us? I know you mentioned the things that were scratched off the list. Did they see the hemorrhoids when they were checking you out?

• Posted

did the doctor say what is causing the ridges if none of the above? my stool is nearly 100% identical to your original pictures and had been causing me some concern.

• Posted

Hi,

I live overseas with a language barrier so no he didn't explain what is causing the grooves.

• Posted

Hey, I know this is an old post but what procedure did you have done?

• Edited

I have the same kind of stool, so the final diagnostic it was Internal hemorrhoids ? I have been thinking about having a colonoscopy but I don't want to do it at this time with all the covid going around., I would really appreciate it if you can reply, thanks

• Posted

Yes, final results was internal hemorrhoids. Do you have symptoms other than the grooves?

• Edited

Hi Victoria21

we are in the same boat. I have been having the groove for over a year. Had colonoscopy 3 years ago and 1 polyp removed, turned back clean. My stool is very mushy due to my diet and it usually comes out long flat and oval with the groove on it.... I am waiting for covid19 to settle a bit in my country in order to have the colonoscopy repeated since I was told that it should be repeated ever 3 to 4 years. How does your stool look like?

Take care!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.