Hemorrhoid pain causes contemplating suicide.

Posted , 9 users are following.

I have had on and off hemorrhoid pain for the last year or more. I have gone to the walk in clinic. Emergency room. Nobody will help me. I have tried witch hazel, Preperation H, Baths, Supositories. NOTHING WILL WORK. The pain is like anything I have ever felt before. I can’t even sit still anymore. I don’t know what to do anymore. One one thing I know will work and this is taking my life. I can’t take the pain anymore. Someone please help. Before it’s too late. 

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi anonymousunion

We note from a recent post which you have made to our forum that you may be experiencing thoughts around self-harm. If we have misinterpreted your comments then we apologies for contacting you directly. But if you are having such thoughts then please note that you are not alone in this, and there are people out there that can help.

If you are having these suicidal thoughts then we strongly recommend you speak to someone who may be able to help. The Samaritans offer a safe space where you can talk openly about what you are going through. They can help you explore your options, understand your problems better, or just be there to listen.

Their contact details are on our patient information leaflet here: https://patient.info/health/dealing-with-suicidal-thoughts, which also offers lots of other advice on how you can access the help you may need.

If you are having such thoughts then please do reach out to the team at the Samaritans (or the other people detailed in our leaflet) who will understand what you're going through and will be able to help.

Kindest regards

Patient

• Edited

HI you are not alone in feeling this pain. For years I suffered in agony visiting my Gp several countless times. I also tried everything. I was eventually referred to a colorectal surgeon to be assessed. I did have internal and external haemorrhoids, it wasn't these which were causing all the pain, I was told I had fissures also. It was them, pain you could not explain. The prescribed me diltiazem hydrochloride 2% w/w cream, also instillagel numbing gel. Since I have had 3 surgeries as my symptoms reoccurred which isn't always the case. It was childbirth which caused mine. Go back to your Gp and demand a referral and in the meantime if they can prescribe what I stated. Honestly the instillagel helped immensely as before I was sat in constant hot baths to sooth and not wanting to leave the house. Please note we all go through difficulties and pain but there is always someone there to talk to. I found it reassuring after surgery going on this forum to know that I wasn't the only one feeling the way I was. All the very best of luck to you. 

• Posted

Dude, I know the feeling and we've all been there. You are not alone. The feeling is almost hopeless with no light at there end of the tunnel. But this forum was the glimmer of light for me, knowing that here are so many in the same boat trying to figure out how to get rid Disease. A lot of the advice on this forum is very helpful. In my personal experience, the treatment that helped me the most for the longest amount of time is acupuncture. Find yourself a good acupuncturist and tell them to "clear spleen heat". It takes the swelling and pain away and you will feel relief instantly if they do it correctly. I was originally hesitant because I thought they would have to see/treat "down there", but they don't. Clearing spleen heat is done mostly on your back. It is a temporarily fix until you fix the source if the issue, but one that didn't include drugs and creams on my bum. 

If you are having this issue, there is something wrong with your gut. Either your diet is not healthy, you have an infection or something else causing constant inflammation in your body. If you don't fix this, I would not advise to get surgery because the hems are only symptoms, not the source of the issue.  

Hope you get the treatment that is right for you and praying that we all rid ourselves of this terrible thing. 

• Posted

So sad to hear this, please hang on in there. There is something that can be done. You can have them ‘banded’ or lasered. If that doesn’t work you can have a hemorriodectomy operation. This isn’t pleasant, I’m not going to lie and will take a good few weeks to recover from, but if you’re suffering so much pain at the moment you might feel it’s worthwhile to be free of them. Hope this is of some help. 
  • Posted

There are many things you have not tried. However, the most important thing is don't stress out. I have found that that makes them fire up. I tried ice and that helped a lot. I bought this thing that you freeze and stick in your butt. What a relief that was. Now they have this ice wedges that don't stick in but go between your cheeks. Also, do a site bath. You can Google that see what it is. It is very helpful when you are at your worst. Make an appt with a Gastroenterologist to have a look and see what remedies that offer. I took the summer to have my hems banded. It was more painful than the Dr told me it would be especially the first one. The second was also bad but I knew what to expect and that was very helpful. Also, mine were banded about 6 weeks apart. Perfect solution. I'm just telling you things I did during my insanity. Aside from Prep H and things you buy are a drug store, online there are many other solutions. I would send you the suppositories I have that I won't use. They come from Jordan and are called Neo-Healar you can search them by that name. Also, if you live in the US, I can send you some boxes I won't be using. I think that foreign countries have better choices than in Walgreens. Also, you can try homeopathic remedies, some work very well. Look up sits baths to be sure you understand time and temperature. You can do them all day on and off. And finally, drink more water and I mean a lot more water. Plus eat a better diet of fiber rich foods. Look for things that have the most fiber. Also, I drink MiraLax every day. Drs orders. Keeps thing flowing. I hope this is helpful. I had hems for about 20+ years and now I don't. There's hope so hang on and see the right Dr. so you know exactly what you're dealing with.

• Posted

Sitz Bath is what I wanted to say... auto correct.
  • Posted

I understand I have that pain now. I been dealing with mines hemorrhoids off and on. This time is worst it's like a pain that I just want to cut them off myself. I brought over the counter stuff it may work for while. But my hemorrhoids hurt after I have a bowel movement and that s**t hurt like hell. Tylenol 3 put me to sleep but 800 mg ibuprofen works great.

• Edited

7th september 2022 hi to all on this great health page I am a age 55 male well from my very bad bleeding piles and from backside bleeding so much that it is making me psychology unwell mentality unstable it is destroying me as a person 'making my mental state unstable the worse anxiety in my life I have been trying to get help with my local doctor s but getting No real long term help from the doctors I am now feel I have had enough I am totally at he end

i want to Die ! end my life as now with this passing of lots of blood trying to do a simple thing by going to the loo

is mentally making me so very unhappy I want this to end to stop my huge pain i am going through to No one in NHS England wants to help me

• Edited

update now had banding done on

3 x ' stage 2 internal piles my recovery has been very painful huge anxiety Trying to heal up I am now 4 weeks in this last week 'has be better but today had a bad hard stool bowel movement back to bleeding anus is stinging bad again like a bad paper cut feels like a bad rip about 1 inch inside so am I back to square one again I am beyond fed up right now feel like my banding has Not worked out

• Posted

Talking about Bleeding, i had a similar experience.

i have bled from haemorrhoid. I felt like it was the end. I literally passed out blood until the whole toilet pot was always covered red.

This happened each time i had a bowel movement.

I tried everything, but nothing seemed to work. Don't talk about the pain.

After taking suppositories and daflon and vegetables for about 3 weeks, the bleeding stopped.

Then while i was still celebrating the ceased bleeding, i passed out a hard stool and everything returned to zéro. Believe me, this is not a sign of treatment failure, rather, it is normal during your healing phase.

Eventually, the bleeding stopped.

I focused more on my diet, eating mainly vegetables and much water and stooling twice a day.

The body knows how to heal itself, provided you stop the cause which is constipation.

Don't forget to pray to God, whoever you consider him to be.

• Edited

well 9 - 10 months on from my banding of

3 piles I am now back to square one went doctors yesterday passing more blood high levels of stinging pain like a paper cut very sore after a bowel movement doctor has said I have a fair amount of wound scars from a pile op i had 10 years ago plus the recent banding I am so low in mood I

just want to die ! I just cant do this any more a simple going to the loo is unbearable I have tried near everything over the years nothing works long term my next move is a full on camera up one backside which is so hard for me to undertake with my daily Anxiety health worries so one way or another I will know if it's a Cancer .. or Not as up to this point I just cant live the rest of my life like this

its just Not fair

• Posted

from my recent post updated only just last week I would so luv to hear back from other people who are clearly going through the same pile 'haemorrhoid problems' the Anxiety and the huge upset it is causing us all it is clear to read

it does seems a pattern is here unless you actually going through this problem yourself getting help and understanding from a good doctor can be difficult I am at my wilts end true I am ' the worries it could be more than haemorrhoid

i would Not wish this on anyone so please I want to hear back from you good people as they say a problem shared is indeed a problem half

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.