Grade 4 thrombosed external hemorrhoid

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all. here's my story. i am a 55 year old male who first experienced hemms at age 21. so for the past 35 years i get stage 4 hemorrhoids at least once a year every year. Right now i have yet another one that started 5 days ago. Its the same as usual, starts with a slight pain in the anal area and before i know it, there appears a lump on the outside of the anus which after about 6 or 7 hours goes hard as a blood clot forms. The pain is intense and i know I'm in for weeks of it.

i have tried everything over the past 35 years, cremes, pills, garlic, oils, you make it, I've stuck it up there! Nothing works. Nothing dissolves the clot apart from waiting for the body to absorb it back again. Diet makes no difference for my, I'm now a carnivore so eat nothing but meat which means i poop a lot less but still those poops can sometimes be rock solid so i also take magnesium to draw water into the bowel to keep the stools soft.

Last week however i pushed and pushed even though i knew i shouldn't and this was only because i was gonna be out in London for the whole day so didn't want to be caught short, so in the morning i forced myself to poop, wow what a mistake that was! now I've got one of the biggest lumps I've ever had, it's about the size of a grape, it's rock solid and of course cannot be pushed back in, that's the definition of grade 4.

i went to see a colorectal surgeon and he's given me hirudoid creme which is supposed to dissolve the clot but after three days of applying it four times a day has made no difference.

i think this is a lifelong condition that i will never seen to get rid of.

websites say that grade 4 are rare and uncommon, just my like I'm one of the unlucky ones. i often think suicide is a solution but my kids stop me doing anything.

I've got an appointment in the weeks with the surgeon and he said he can shrink them down but i an skeptical.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Surgery is painful and takes months to heal, with the chance of complications, but its a option you should consider and discuss with your Colorectal surgeon.

Good luck.

• Posted

Hi raj68291, from my experience, external haemorrhoids are painful and just like you described. For me, the only way to delay a relapse is to avoid pushing and straining at all cost.

These are the things that helped me:

• Taking Psyllium husk and increasing the amount of my dietary fiber intake.
    • Occasionally, taking Lactulose to alleviate constipation.
    • Using a mini-enemea or a Glycerol suppository instead of straining when hard stool is difficult to pass.
    • During an acute phase a warm bath helps to reduce the pain.

I hope your proctologist was able to shrink your haemorrhoid.

• Edited

why have you waited so long to have them fixed?

you flippantly talked of suicide and yet procrastinated all these years.

Get over yourself, its a simple procedure these days and you can either opt for banding or Coagulation technique, which you will find out about at your appointment. its rare to have the haemorroidectomy operation in this day and age according to my GP.

its choosing the right doctor that's important and how many procedures they've carried out.

Let us know how you got on?

• Posted

hi

i also had grade four hems which developed through bad diet and dehydration

had the hems treated privately cost £3 k

HALO RAR surgery

its worked a treat go on you tube to look at process

you need to change your diet

veg and fish

and try and do at least a litre plus of water a day

if youre eating meat then more water

message me for info

• Posted

i would switch away from carnivore and do keto. it's more sustainable and easier poops. 20% protein 80% fat.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.