THD & Mucopexy. Pain free my arse, Help!!!

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi all,

after years of suffering i had my THD & mucopexy surgery done 10 days ago and i can honestly say its been the worst experience so far of my life.

firstly woke up from the GA in excruciating pain which serious opioids to over come! Then i went into retention so had to stay in over night.

Days 2-4 where ok - very painful but i was mainly sleeping from my pain meds.

Day 5 hell !! i was in the worst pain of my life and i couldnt cope what so ever. Ended up being readmitted to hospital for a further 5 days to help with the pain and equally try to get a BM to happen!

On day 9 and still in hospital i finally had my first BM however it was awful to pass - even though i have been drinking, taking all the meds i was still constipated.

I was finally allowed home after this occurred.

its now day 10 and i have had only small BM where my body involuntary stained - again still constipated!

As a result i now how a new thrombosed friend !!!!

will this go away as currently right now this is the only source of serve pain i have!

i did notice when passing stools a friend kept wanting to come down also which i have never experienced before - and i had to push it back which was extremely painful!

any advice, experiences welcome as i equally was under the impression this was a painfree procedure and i would be back in work after a few off!

by the looks of my recovery i will be off for at least 3 which is not ideal not having prepared for!

TIA

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi,

Im wondering how you got on with this and how you're feeling now? Im currently 3 and a half weeks after the procedure and experiencing the same. So much pain with BM and bleeding a-lot with it too. Really regretting my decision to have this done. Thank you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.