Frequent Bowel Movements after Hemorrhoidectomy

Posted , 28 users are following.

I am in 3rd week Post OP.

I Had Surgery for Internel and  Externel Hemorrhoids.

Forst 3 Days I Pass Through Unbarable pain...on 2nd day post op i have first bowel movment. wich is  most painfull thing to happend in me. i have taken Lactoloose for 5 days..for first week i had 4 to 5 Painfull BM's . after 1st week pain reduced to 50%.

my externel wond completly healed now.

i am at 3rd week but i feel slight pain under my anus.

My Main Cocern is I am Having 5 to 6 Bowel Movements Every Day Still. and my stool is not sylender Shape...it is semi flat...Please Help me Any One here...is it normal or Something Worng...

Last week I explained about my pain abd Frequent BM's..He Cheked with his finger in side my anus..and said every thing is fine...but he did not care About my Frequent BM's Problem.

Sorry About My English.

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Has the frequent bm resolved now???

I'm experiencing the same issue x3 weeks post op.  It's very painful and I'm sure delaying healing 

Please update on whether its improved for you 

• Posted

Was your issue ever resolved? I'm having the same problem 

• Posted

I also have the same problem after surgery. All the time I have a sebsation to have a bowel movement. My surgery was done 4 months ago.

• Posted

Did anyone find a solution or cause? It's my 4th day after surgery and i have had 8 BMs today, the first ones were just small orbs (?) but now they are normal size though they are not normal composition since I have had so many meds these days.

It hurts a lot, i tear up , this is torture. 

• Posted

I would Definitely consider seeing a doctor. If your stool is hard and you are constipated it will most likely cause tour colon to break it up causing it to come out as small orbs. Before i had sugery i did not stick to a soft diet and held my bowel because of the pain after cause similar stool but not so frquent. I took miralax, a stool softener to make stool more possible. I also had finer powder in my juice, lots of water and apple sauce. I also asked my doctor for perscribed numbing cream that helped a little.  It has been a month now the sharp stabbing pain is gone but ti still have some pain. It is important to maintain a healthy high fiber diet. I am still traumatized from my  Hemorrhoidectomy and i am fighting to never let that happen again.
  • Posted

Hi there

I am having the same problem now with frequent bowel movements after hemorrhoidectomy, I am having 6-8 bowel movements a day. I know you are past that surgery now , but please reply and tell me how it got resolved for you. My doctor does not know what to do at this point assuming that I am healing well ....Appreciate your reply.

• Posted

Hey there!

I had my my hemorrhoid ectomy surgery on Thursday, April 22, 2021. I went for a follow up last week and my surgeon said I still had a slight tear/possible Fisher. He gave me an ointment for it and I’m not sure if it is doing anything or not. I still have blood on toilet paper and I poop anywhere between 4 to 6 times a day. It has almost been three months since my surgery. Is anyone else experiencing the same symptoms? Especially the frequent bowel movements.

July 15, 2021

Branson

• Posted

hi,

i had my surgery around the same time. april 9, 2021. I'm still going at least 4 times a day. i find it's better when i back off the stool softeners but even still i tend to run to the bathroom every time i eat. it's exhausting to be honest. and sometimes there's not a lot of warning. i am getting a few hours of calm in the afternoons though so I'm hoping that's a sign of light at the end of the tunnel. My concern is that some of these trips only produce tiny tiny little stools. both in size and amount. i think anything that hits that internal scar tissue just triggers the need to go. i hope this resolves soon. i miss feeling normal.

• Posted

Hi,

i was wondering has your frequent BM improved or back to normal now?

i am in my 3rd week after surgery and still having BM 5-8 times a day still.

BM doesnt hurt as much as it was during first 2 weeks...but the frequent BM trips can be annoying as i have to be close to bathroom so cant go anywhere.

• Posted

hi can you please let me know if this ever got better for you? And approximately how long it took? I am 12 days post operation, and honestly I’m starting to feel pretty good with the pain, the only problem I have is the urgency to run to the restroom every time I eat. It is starting to make me not want to eat and I am having about five bowel movements a day. I am lost about if this is normal or not and contacted my doctor yesterday. She told me to just stay in contact if he got worse. I’m nervous I will never be able to leave the house in the restroom again!

• Edited

Hi,

I'm 6 weeks post op. Also have constant urge to go. It is impossible to to anything for first half of day because i need to bee close to the bathroom. As i've described in my post it is probably due to inner sphincter clenching. When you start to poop and stool goes over your "wounded area" at some point your inner sphincter (which you cannot control) will clench your muscles and prevent further stool to pass. Then you get up, walk around,sit or whatever and after some time,when sphincter relaxes a bit you will get new urge to go.

P.S.

I've been reading many post regarding post hem. surgery and there are many people that needed many months to recover properly. I believe we are mostly just frustrated and eager to return to normal life asap, but sometimes patience is required as hard as it may sound. I feel you guys and wish you all speedy recovery.

• Posted

Hi, I'm 5 weeks post-op and I'm having the same problem. Has yours been resolved now?

• Edited

I am 7 months post-op and I can say I'm so glad I had the surgery; 1 prolapsed hem and 2 sides of internal columns scraped that were Grade IV hems. The recovery was as bad as everyone said it would be, and even worse. During the worst of it which was probably on and off for the first 2 months, I too was going numerous times a day - rabbit drops each time that felt like I was giving birth to a watermelon. I was always so regular before the surgery and that was the hardest part that it was no longer the case. The thing that saved me was drinking a ton of water, taking stool softeners daily for months, and soluble fiber 3 times a day. I was also fortunate to be able to work from home and be close to the bathroom. I am now completely normal, and would have to say that at the 4-5 month mark, I knew that things would only get better. The one thing I can say that has changed is that since the area is now so tight, it's difficult to determine gas from needing to have a BM. I don't have any leaking that many people have for months on end, and for that I am grateful. I loved reading this forum for tips and to know that I wasn't alone in how bad the recovery is. Hang in there, most of what everyone goes through is completely normal!! Wishing you all a speedy recovery!

• Posted

I had my surgery on July 26th. The first week was rough as I wouldn't have a bowel movement. Ended up going on a liquid diet and some magnesium citrate to help get me going. I kept my diet soft for the most part, even though I had no restrictions. Then it just started happening normally again. The overall pain was not bad for me at all. I went back to work after a week and it was tough getting to a bathroom, but I managed. Everyday has gotten better since the surgery. My bowel movements are all over the map but I figure it will normalize before too long. I had a great doctor so that helped. No more pain and bleeding after pooping. I feel normal again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.