Frequent Bowel Movements after Hemorrhoidectomy

Posted , 28 users are following.

I am in 3rd week Post OP.

I Had Surgery for Internel and  Externel Hemorrhoids.

Forst 3 Days I Pass Through Unbarable pain...on 2nd day post op i have first bowel movment. wich is  most painfull thing to happend in me. i have taken Lactoloose for 5 days..for first week i had 4 to 5 Painfull BM's . after 1st week pain reduced to 50%.

my externel wond completly healed now.

i am at 3rd week but i feel slight pain under my anus.

My Main Cocern is I am Having 5 to 6 Bowel Movements Every Day Still. and my stool is not sylender Shape...it is semi flat...Please Help me Any One here...is it normal or Something Worng...

Last week I explained about my pain abd Frequent BM's..He Cheked with his finger in side my anus..and said every thing is fine...but he did not care About my Frequent BM's Problem.

Sorry About My English.

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

its after 10 days after i my hemorrhoids Surgery l, though post operative pain was not painful but the painful is bowel movements rather i would say torture. but this pain reduces day by day by doing the same doc advised, like sitz bath and gel application. i tried to walk after 10 days (out side) but it hurt alot and than i took steps very slolwy and took rest on intevals afyer every 8-10 steps. i wanted to know the pain is coming and going in my anal canal. is it normal and how long it will take to be completely normal

• Edited

Hi,

im new to this thread but really feel hopeful as i read some of your comments. i had my ligasure hemorrhoidectomy 2 weeks ago. Although the initial post op pain has gotten better, the pain after BM is horrible!! my whole day is gone enduring the pain and am unable to do anything without getting angry or irritated. My doc advise me to keep taking painkillers. But im afraid to get addicted to it. Does anyone of you experience same problems as me? i feel lonely in this ailment. Before going for the procedure, doc told me its a simple procedure.. commonly done. I feel wasnt given much info on recovery though. Im so worried to go to work.

• Posted

I feel you completely. I am only a week post OP and the burning pain after a BM is hell. I literally have to run a hot bath as soon as I go into the bathroom because its the only way to calm the burning a little bit. I have sat in so many baths a day its crazy. My doctor also told me it would be a simple procedure and that I would be back to my normal life in 3-5 days. That was a complete joke. I wish I would have known more before the surgery. Was not at all prepared. I only take extra strength tylenol because the prescribed pain killers made me insanely constipated.. I ended up in the hospital. This has been absolute torture.

• Posted

I had my procedure about 17 days ago. Recovery pain was truly intolerable, even though I was heavily medicated, plus I was taking paraffin oil and Normalex. which is a stool softener. This resulted in an ongoing barrage of soft stools, up to 10 times a day, and caused me such swelling and pain that I nearly fainted after going to the bathroom.

I saw the surgeon after 1 week, he took me off the Normalex straight away, gave me magnesium pads to help reduce the swelling, increased my painkillers.

And then 3 days later, 9 days after the operation, that agonizing pain after passing a bowel movement suddenly disappeared.

Now I am 19 days after my procedure, and am still taking painkillers, but less, and passing stools isn't too painful anymore, but the frequency is making my life impossible. The mechanical mechanism of passing a bowel movement is improving, but I always need to be near a bathroom, even yesterday I must have gone 10 times. I feel very concerned about this and wonder how long it will last. The irony is that I am eating relatively little, so I am curious as to where it's all coming from...

the bottom line is that it was a terrible procedure to go through, much more traumatic than I ever imagined.

• Posted

Hi,

New to the foum .. Has the following been resolved and how and how long ?

, but I always need to be near a bathroom, even yesterday I must have gone 10 times. I feel very concerned about this and wonder how long it will last. The irony is that I am eating relatively little, so I am curious as to where it's all coming from..

Request a resolution.

Sincerely

• Posted

hi I am 12 days past surgery and I am having the same problem. The pain is getting much better and is almost tolerable but every single time I eat some thing I need to run to the restroom. I’m having about five bowel movements a day and that’s probably only because I don’t even want to eat anything because of the bathroom issue. did this finally get better for you? I am nervous something is wrong and I am never going to be able to leave the house in the bathroom again!

• Edited

9 days post internal removal surgery, and after reading some of the replies here I know exactly what everyone is/was going through. I did find some relief finding this site and reading and knowing it wasn't only me and others has similar issues, as this is really scary, extremely painful, worrying and depressing, no one actually knows around you, your friends and family until you have been through it.

Talk about nightmare, its hands down the worst thing I've ever been through! So far the number of times I need to go to the loo for bm isn't as bad as some other have mentioned, maybe 2 - 3 times a day, my problem is the insane god awful end of days pain 20 minuets or so after bm, nothing comes close, its a aching pain that is constant! I also struggle going for a wee, but that usually sorts itself out once the pain dies down. Not even taking super strong pain killers help at all, its the absolute worst! After bm I quickly jump in the shower with the massage setting just to ease some pain, then 20 minutes after the strong unbearable pain really kicks in.

Though on the upside not having that feeling of being completely blocked up with piles and trying to push a watermelon out of a hosepipe is a major relief so the surgery has worked, I just didn't know or was told how utterly awful the recovery process would be, and I'm not even two weeks in. Dr's all said oh 4 weeks you will be back to normal well reading some of the replies here it's sounding like 4 months.

Good luck everyone because it's grim AF! 💩

• Posted

hi, im 6 days post op.. ive never ever felt pain like it, although i only have 1bm a day the pain after is horrific. my 3rd bm today and the pain as lasted all day!! i can hardley walk. i do have some comfort what i have been using on the wounds is elma cream (lidocane) put on before a bm and after a bm it does bring a little comfort and does make it a little easier to pass although it is still abit painful. i have also found doing a bm in the bath with warm water is a little easier than on the toilet. i wish everyone whos still going through this extremely painful time a speedy recovery.

• Posted

hi all thanks for your messages !

I'm in 6th day post-op and i have pretty much the same symptoms. i had 5 to 6 bm the last 3 days , and today is a nightmare as i already had 13 bms. I had the doctor on the phone and he told me to stop one of the two laxatives (lactulose) that apparently can cause excessive bowel movement. I've stopped the other one as well (macrogol), and I've skipped lunch today as I'm terrified if this were to continue. I'm unable to stand up or do anything between the bm as it would provoke another stroke immediately. this is such torture that I would have considered not doing the surgery even if i had stage 3 hemo.

If anyone has tips that would be much appreciated and i'll share updates

• Posted

hi, im 6 days post op.. ive never ever felt pain like it, although i only have 1bm a day the pain after is horrific. my 3rd bm today and the pain as lasted all day!! i can hardley walk. i do have some comfort what i have been using on the wounds is elma cream (lidocane) put on before a bm and after a bm it does bring a little comfort and does make it a little easier to pass although it is still abit painful. i have also found doing a bm in the bath with warm water is a little easier than on the toilet. i wish everyone whos still going through this extremely painful time a speedy recovery.

• Posted

im 13 days post op and wonder if i will ever be able to leave the house again. please tell me this resolves . x

• Posted

im 5 weeks post op today! some days are good some days are hell. i didnt have a bm for 2 days and went yesterday, i was constipated and it was the worse pain in the world im still sore today. ive gone back on my stool softners i would advise to keep taking them if you have been prescribed them and dont come off them like i did. im depressed and i dont know how much longer i can go on like this. i had 5 weeks off work and came back yesterday, i wish i put another 3 weeks sick note in. but it does get better i promise i should of stuck to my stool softners and i would of been ok. dont make the same mistakes. also doing your buisness in a sitz bath is much more relieving than sitting on the toilet. i wish you a speedy recovery. you are not alone xxx

• Edited

Hi all,

Writing here thinking that it will be a way to express some of the stress I've experienced after RF Ablation of Grade 4 haemorrhoids.

Thanks in advance.

In week 4 of recovery now. My check-up is in another 7 weeks. Had 2 very uncomfortable weeks. My bowel movements are 5 to 6 daily now - softish. Was very constipated for over a week after surgery. Eventually got things moving with alternate use of Fybogel and Ducolax. And drinking lots of fluids.

I go when I have the urge for fear that i might get blocked up again.

It IS tiring, going to toilet so many times, cleaning properly with wet wipes etc.

Didn't have so much pain at the surgery site. But there was a lot of aches going on in many areas. That's calming down now. Didn't use the Diclac anti-inflammatory suppositories in beginning because I forgot about them. But subsequently they gave great relief. Only use them when ache is going on all day which is not often. Solpadeine helped occasionally too.

My prostate swelled up because I didn't use the anti-inflammatories and couldn't urinate. Had to have catheter inserted with a bag - the pain when tube was passing the prostate area was absolutely excruciating. Haven't yelled so loud in years. Tube was uncomfortable all the time. It's out now about week and half. Sometimes have to stand bent over to urinate. It's like all the muscles/sphincters don't remember yet how to relax normally after the surgery.

Urethra sphincter still doesn't feel right. Feels like there is a good bit of healing to be done there.

I've also have very strong aches in back of legs, left being worst. It's like sciatica. But can't help thinking it's related to the surgery and some effect on nerve areas near the rectum. Or maybe because I was lying down so much over past 4 weeks. It's still not comfortable to sit. Prefer lying down - all day....! But I am getting up about 9a.m., and doing stuff. Getting about 9 or more hours sleep - very hard to get up in mornings. Feel very tired by 9p.m.

There are also aches in left buttock near anus, in left groin and left side of scrotum. Severity is easing bit by bit daily.

Have mild aching in rectum throughout the day.

Any way, maybe this will help some of ye.

Cheers,

Seymour McCrea

PS.

Had banding done twice. They mustn't have given me proper painkillers cos the aching was ridiculous. Fingers crossed better job done now

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.