**100 days off of Amlodipine**

Posted , 2 users are following.

Today is my 💯 days off of Amlodipine, it was a long and hard journey, during that time i thought to myself i will not survive this withdrawal process, everyday felt like a week, every month was like a year, but finally all side effects physical and psychological subsided and i am getting back to myself.

I was on Amlodipine 10mg for three years, before (under my GP supervision) i slowly weaned off and withdraw from this horrible medication. I am still on Ramipril which is working fine, without many side effects.

If anyone will ever struggle like i did with Amlodipine, here is my story and how i weaned and withdraw from Amlodipine:

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/my-amlodipine-withdrawal-experience-story-and-re-assurance-help-for-those-in-need--765631

Please do talk to your doctors first about it and explain them how this medication affect you, there are many other bp meds.

Wish You All the best. 🙏

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

Prayers for you all. Wish you a good health and speedy recovery from withdrawals.

• Posted

Thank you Rob. You have basically told my story. I has only on 5mg of the Amlodipine for about 5 weeks starting on Aug. 16 2021. I am now about 4 months off from the poison. It has been hell. I experienced every withdrawal symptom as you. I had to leave my job and am now on short term disability. Although much has gotten better I am still struggling with the anxiety and brain fog. It is intermittent. Sometime I can go two weeks or more with only short and subtle episodes. But then I also go though periods when about every three days I am crippled with a 24 to 36 hour episode of anxiety, dizziness, brain fog, confusion, tinnitus, nausea and more. I am trying to get a month behind me of no symptoms before looking for another job. I tried Zoloft a couple of time back in Dec. and could not get past the 3 day mark. The side effects were too much while trying maintain a job. Now that the job is gone I may have to try it again if things do not calm down in the next month. I hope you are still doing well. Though it only heightens the anxiety, I sometimes get very angry that at medication has taken so much from me. I so much wish that I could turn the clock back 6 months. Please stay well and thank you again for sharing your story.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.