Skip to content

Amlodipine

All discussions in this group

Next
  • gandalf 1

Amlodipine and Atrial Fibrillation?

I am 45 years old and I have been on 5mg amlodipine for about 2 years for a blood pressure that tends to spike. I was first on Lisinopril and then Valsartan though I had to stop those medications within a few weeks of starting due to tachycardia/palpatations which prevented me from walking any significant...

41 replies 2 votes Last reply
  • prfxshn 2

Only ONE Amlodipine

I am glad this medicine works for some, for me, quite the opposite.  Took only ONE Amlodipine on Monday morning.  It was the low 2.5mg dose.  Progressed through the day fine.  Fell asleep that same night and was awaked at 3am with the worst anxiety and panic I have ever experienced.  I immediately discontinued...

2 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • GDog 1

Amlodipine - Gastric problems?

Having been stunned by the number of bad experiences folk have had taking Amlodipine I feel the need to make my own contribution. Two months ago I had Amlodipine added to my current prescription of Irbesartan and Bendroflumethiazide to counteract my raised blood pressure, usually around 110/99. Certainly...

17 replies 2 votes Last reply
  • pat48438 1

How long to the side effects last after stopping Amlodipine

Please can anyone tell me how long do the side effects of Amlodipine last after stopping them. I stopped them 8 days ago and each day until three days ago I felt a bit better but the last couple of days I have been feeling bad again, not as bad as before but still bad. I keep getting a feeling of dread...

28 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Myra 1

Amlodipine causes severe dizziness?

I have been on Amlodipine for about 15 months having been changed over from Atenolol. Around 6 months ago I started getting bad dizzy spells occasionally. Doctor thought my BP might have gotten too low so reduced dosage to 5mg per day (from 10mg). At first it seemd to help, although I did get the feeling...

16 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • doug64 1

The slow build up of side effects- anyone had the same?

I was prescribed amlodipine 5mg and then, very quickly, 10 mg about 1 year ago. My high bp was detected by my optician via an eye test (!). I have only just discovered this site and wish I had done so earlier. I am 64, married, semi-retired/work part-time, am fairly active ( e.g. do a lot of walking;...

52 replies 6 votes Last reply
  • hails63112 3

high blood pressure and anxiety

Hi all. I posted a message some months ago regarding my BP, I went to the GP and ended up in hypertension crisis 200/110! My GP made me sit in the surgery for couple of hours and started me on amlodipine, this was fine until I had horrific side effects and ended up unable to walk, after few weeks was...

61 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • Lozball 1

Itching

Hi i have been taking these for 4 weeks now. I was on Rimpiril but developed a very bad cough, apparently a side effect of these. I have now got the most annoying itching all over going on Has anyone else experienced this at all. I tingle and itch all over. very bazarre but woudl be interested...

35 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • Shadynook 2

Hair Loss

does anyone know if there is any shampoo, tonic to help get my lovely hair back after loosing so much of it due to taking Amlopodine? Any help would be much appreciated. Also how long after stopping this poison does the hair loss stop and does the hair grow again? Thanks Kate 

9 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • gms 1 2

need reassurance Amlodipine

I've recently moved and went to sign up with a new doctor - nurse checked my BP and I had to see a doctor straight away - he has prescribed Amlodopine 5mg and I have just taken my first tablet . I have to go back for ECG and other tests in 2 weeks . I am very frightened after reading these posts about...

15 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Nigel 2

I know its was amlodipine!

I am a healthy 58 yr old and normally very active. BP was rising over the last year or so to 178/98 and so this Jan my Doc put me on Amlodipine 5mg. Thats when it started. Firstly with a loss of energy, then total loss of stamina, I felt like a Zombie all the time. As the month progressed I started to...

672 replies 35 votes Last reply
  • gail20548 2

Reading this forum has helped me so much

I am 68 and have had BP in region of 145/90 for many years without taking medication of any sort. Recently it was a little higher and  I was prescribed amlodipine 5mg and decided to try it. BP was lowered but side effects were awful: inflammation of stomach lining being the most concerning, fuzzy brain,...

17 replies 3 votes Last reply
  • thecowisback 2

cough

i gave up amlodipine 10 weeks ago because of the hacking cough i'd had since taking it. the cough started around christmastime and i was hoping it would have gone by now but it's still hanging on. it's such a horrible dry, tickly cough that actually makes me vomit some days it's so bad. should it have...

3 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Bogannons 2

Extreme tiredness

Has anyone experienced extreme sleepiness or tiredness on amlodipine?? i take it in the morning before work, and a few hours later I can't keep my eyes open and feel drained.  Even after a good nights sleep. 

5 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • ramvin 2

My "recovery story" from the misery of Amlodipine

I apologize in advance for the lengthy post. For a very long time, I had been suffering from a lot of intense aches and pains in my joints and muscles and was not able to get any proper diagnosis for it. I was beginning to very worried that I had some serious illness like cancer. Thanks to the posts...

31 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • nicole31356 2

Amlodipine nightmare

My doctor started me on Amlodipine 5mg. Within a week I started having facial tingling and anxiety. My doctor firmly believed that these symptoms were not related to the amlodipine. I continued to take the medication and began to have arm weakness and my legs would feel heavy walking up and down stairs....

7 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • raymond 17494 1
  • leanJisoo 2

Swelling

My foot swell when i stand up too long and walk i wonder if its because of amlodipine im taking it for 4months now but i can say the swelling is not severe because when im resting it its gone. Any of you have that i also have anxiety thats why im scared

8 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • eileen13536 2

I took one dose of Amlodipine and thought I was going to die.

I do not take pharmaceuticals, preferring to take natural supplements instead. Last week I was under considerable stress and my blood pressure went up to 212/123. I was frightened enough to go to the doctor who prescribed Amlodipine at the 5mg. dose. Over the next few hours my blood pressure did go down...

8 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Guest M

has anyone else got depressed on Amlodipine ?

Hi, Have been on Amitryptiline now for 6 years for M E but managing really well , back to work and staying stable, was put on Amlodipine 5mg for high bp about 3 months ago but feeling really down with the Amlodipine added in, i,ve seen everyones side effects but just wondering if anyone has had mood...

31 replies 3 votes Last reply
  • Andrew1988 1

BP increasing after starting amlodopine

I have had borderline hypertension my entire life, but am typically just below 140/90. Recently, I had a few high readings around 145/91, so the doctor started me on 5mg amlodopine. For the first week I had a few readings around 130/70. Having taken the medicine for about 30 days, I am constantly aware...

12 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • shaz1523 1

high bp

Hi, I thought this would be a good idea for me to get my woes off my chest. I was diagnosed with HBP over a week ago and prescribed 2mg Rampril daily. I am a worrier and suffer with severe anxiety. So it is no surprise really my bp is through the roof. finished my history degree last week and I am...

3 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • PC Plod 1

Long term use of Amlodipine

Hello i have been using this drug for many years without problems, but recently I have begun to experience side effects which include swelling hands, ankles and calves. aching legs and feeling very tired most of the time. i am going to ask my GP if I can come off of this drug, I am interested in other...

44 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • miriam13562 2

Norvasc 2.5 Caused anxiety and panic attacks

I was having problems with my blood pressure going up badly. I was given Norvasc 2.5 and I must say my bp went back to normal with no problem. 3 months into it I was experiencing stomach problems, then joint problems, after that tingling in my face that I ignored it all until 2 months ago. I started...

3 replies 2 votes Last reply
  • ann c.04098 3

Amlodipine

Perhaps a different classification of BP drug would be better.  I was on Norvasc years ago when it was new to the market.. it made me so dizzy that I would almost faint in the street.. it was the drug ... it's always wise to pay attention to how something affects you..  instead of assuming it's something...

1 reply 1 vote Last reply
  • kdoyt 2

Anyone experience acid reflux while on Amlodipine (Norvasc)?

Hello, on the first of the year I woke up with chest pain/tightness and some asthmatic like symptoms. I have a bicuspid aortic valve so I monitored my blood pressure which was slightly high and called my cardiologist who put my on 2.5mg of norvasc. Later on in the month I started having bad regurgitation....

11 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • martin25211 2

Stroke and irregular heart beat.

Taking Eliquis 5mg twice a day' Ramipril 2.5mg, Bisoprolol 2.5mg, and Amlodipine 5mg.  Have to take them to keep my blood pressure down, But not happy with the Amlodipine, becuese a start I feel dizzy and feel my joints aching, also I get weird deams at night.  Anyone else have promlems with them? ...

7 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • lisa 08049 1
  • thecowisback 2

amlodipine withdrawal

I stopped amlodipine cold turkey three weeks ago and I feel terrible. I've got painful joints, espeicially in my knees, toes and shoulders, headaches, terrible exhaustion and I'm craving carbs to the point where I've put on a stone. I've read on here that the drug should be out of my system in 3-4 weeks...

• star 83092 2
  • angela192 3

Amlodipine side effects - puffy feet and ankles

Since being on Amlodipine 2 weeks back, my previously slim feet ankleand foot have now swollen considerably.   Strangely though, it is only the right foot and ankle that is affected.      Is there another similar drug I can ask the G.P. to put me on that doesn't have this side effect.   Also in general...

4 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • joanna17875 3

Amlodopine side effects

Hi there, I was diagnosed with high bp about a year ago, it was consistantly about 154/95 - so the dr put me on a brand called Zemtard which he said was especially good for tackling the top number ( sorry no technical blurb, early hours of the morning!) anyway these gave me huge boobs and weight gain...

11 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • kathryn 1956 2

Is it me or my medication?

I have been taking Amlodipine 5mg daily for the past 4 weeks and seemed to be fine initially having previously had side effects from taking Lorcanidipine from the same family as the Amlodipine. 2 weeks in, there was no change to my BP despite also taking Perindopril 8mg. Two weeks in I have started suffering...

• suzanne71147 2

I have vision disturbance and headache

I started taking Amlodipine in January and now have been having vision disturbance and headache and also ringing in my ears for about the last 2 weeks. Was wondering if this is a side effect and why it has started after I have been taking it for 7 months. I also take Ramipril. I am 45.

15 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Happyhacker 3

Amlodopine combined with statin

i am on 5mg amlodopine daily as well as atorvastatin 5mg. I was getting muscle symptoms when just on the station some time ago so came off it for a while but back on it now to see if problems return but now with amlodopine it is a bit confusing. So I have temporarily stopped the statin. what I had recently...

4 replies 0 votes Last reply
Back to top Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.