Skip to content
Ad

Amlodipine

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Dizziness on Amlodipine

Been off Amlodipine now for about 6 weeks ,after about 20 years ,by doctor not me. This just a theory by me ,if Amlodipine is a calcium channel blocker , could the besylate in Amlodipine effect the Calcium crystals in your ear drums ,think you need them in ears for vestibular ballance, loss of inner...

Last reply
  • Amlodopine problems

I have been on the Bisoprolol forum just lately as l was thinking that is what was causing all my horrible side effects. But as I'm also in Amlodopine and Canderstartin for high bp l really don't know which is giving me the worst symptoms. Started the bbs early Feb as had bad allergic reaction...

Last reply
  • associated ectopic beats and Amlopodine

I am so pleased to have found this discussion thread.  I was taken off Ibersartan about two months ago due to it giving me a cough and put onto 5mg Amlopodine.  I'm 57 and in reasonable health apart from needing my BP controlled.   Within a week of starting Amlopodine i developed...

Last reply
  • Long term use of Amlodipine

Hello i have been using this drug for many years without problems, but recently I have begun to experience side effects which include swelling hands, ankles and calves. aching legs and feeling very tired most of the time. i am going to ask my GP if I can come off of this drug, I am interested in other...

Last reply
  • Amlodopine problems.

Hi. I'm on Amlodopine 10.mg and am sure it's the cause of the absolute mad itch l have round my neck/head and other parts of my body. I also take Candastartin 4mg for high blood pressure, but l still think it's the Amlodopine to blame as these were the latest med for the bp to be prescribed....

Last reply
  • Am I the only one having no side affects to BP medication?

Hi, I would just be interested to know if anyone else out there does NOT get any side affects from taking blood pressure medication. I am reading so many horror stories about all these horrendous symptoms from taking BP tablets . I was put on 5mg Amlodopine 2 yrs ago and was preparing my self...

Last reply
  • Amlodopine problems.

Hi. I'm on Amlodopine 10.mg and am sure it's the cause of the absolute mad itch l have round my neck/head and other parts of my body. I also take Candastartin 4mg for high blood pressure, but l still think it's the Amlodopine to blame as these were the latest med for the bp to be prescribed....

Last reply
  • My "recovery story" from the misery of Amlodipine

I apologize in advance for the lengthy post. For a very long time, I had been suffering from a lot of intense aches and pains in my joints and muscles and was not able to get any proper diagnosis for it. I was beginning to very worried that I had some serious illness like cancer. Thanks to the posts...

Last reply
  • Alternatives to Amlodipine?

H,i im so glad i found this forum. I was prescribed this drug, 5mg daily, 7 weeks ago for very high blood pressure after having a 24 hour b.p. monitor and have been going downhill ever since. For the last week I have been almost crippled with very swollen feet, ankles and lower leg, which ache all...

Last reply
  • has anyone else got depressed on Amlodipine ?

Hi, Have been on Amitryptiline now for 6 years for M E but managing really well , back to work and staying stable, was put on Amlodipine 5mg for high bp about 3 months ago but feeling really down with the Amlodipine added in, i,ve seen everyones side effects but just wondering if anyone has had mood...

Last reply
  • Amlodipine Side Effects - Doctors in Denial

Why on earth are GPs in this country still prescribing this drug when it has been withdrawn for human use in other countries?  I was given this medication a few years ago in addition to Losartan and Bendroflumethiazide for hypertension.  It did seem to bring blood pressure down a bit more but...

Last reply
  • years of taking Amlodipine finally caught up with me.

I have been taking Amlodipine for years,and just this tuesday 11/7/17 ,went to doctor about swollen ankels ,pain in calf mucles red skin at bottom of ankels pins needles in feet, Peripheral Edema came home went on internet Drugs.com ,WOW what a revulation , over last few years Grommits in my ears to...

Last reply
  • Reduction from 10mg to 5mg Amlodipine

Hi there! Has anyone had their meds reduced from 10 to 5mg and did you feel a difference? Im hoping that my hair starts to get strong again and that the damn water retention goes☺ fingers crossed!

Last reply
  • Hair loss due to Amlodipine

I had been on Amlodipine 5mg for some years,during this time I had begun to notice my hair thinning and becmoing fine and lifeless.After regular checks earlier this year my b/p was unacceptably high consistently and the dose was increased to 10mg.My b/p was still not within normal limits after 4-6 weeks...

Last reply
  • Amlodipine discussion

I've been on the amlodipine forum for a few months now. Not entirely sure how I got here, as I don't take it myself, nor does anyone I know. Perhaps I followed another poster from the general hypertension forum. I'm on that one, and will stay there, because my BP is creeping up a bit with...

Last reply
  • Side Effects Amlodipine

Hello all, I am new to this forum but felt compelled to write in. i take 5mg Amlodipine with 16mg Candesartin to control my blood pressure. My bp is under control but I suffer with the following side effects. light headed, dizzy, stomach gripes, tiredness, I can also on occasion suffer from mild angina...

Last reply
  • Angela BP!

Thank you everyone for your answers about my BP issues. It has really helped to reassure me . I am going to take heed of everything that has been advised by you. Thank you again Best wishes Angela

Posted
  • I'm new can anyone help!

Hi, I am one of those people that really gets het up every time I have my BP taken.(even at home!)I have tried every trick in the book to avoid having it taken. I was put on in 5 mg Amlodopine 2 yrs ago and now 4mg of Perindoprol has been added as at the Drs it's always high. I have now been on...

Last reply
  • Amlodipine causes severe dizziness?

I have been on Amlodipine for about 15 months having been changed over from Atenolol. Around 6 months ago I started getting bad dizzy spells occasionally. Doctor thought my BP might have gotten too low so reduced dosage to 5mg per day (from 10mg). At first it seemd to help, although I did get the feeling...

Last reply
  • Amlodipine and Atrial Fibrillation?

I am 45 years old and I have been on 5mg amlodipine for about 2 years for a blood pressure that tends to spike. I was first on Lisinopril and then Valsartan though I had to stop those medications within a few weeks of starting due to tachycardia/palpatations which prevented me from walking any significant...

Last reply
  • Possible side effect?

After just discovering that Amlodipine is responsible for a boat load of my physical problems, just wondering if anyone has experienced anything going wrong with their Achilles' tendon. I was diagnosed with Achilles tendonopathy while taking Amlodipine & it just came out of nowhere since I am...

Last reply
  • Swelling

My foot swell when i stand up too long and walk i wonder if its because of amlodipine im taking it for 4months now but i can say the swelling is not severe because when im resting it its gone. Any of you have that i also have anxiety thats why im scared

Last reply
  • Double vision

Since taking amlodopine I have been getting episodes is double vision and dizziness especially when I go the bathroom

Posted
  • I know its was amlodipine!

I am a healthy 58 yr old and normally very active. BP was rising over the last year or so to 178/98 and so this Jan my Doc put me on Amlodipine 5mg. Thats when it started. Firstly with a loss of energy, then total loss of stamina, I felt like a Zombie all the time. As the month progressed I started to...

Last reply
  • amlodipine and menstrual cycle

Hi l was put on amlodipine 5 mg 2 days ago and my doctor prescribed half a tablet. The day l started amlodipine l was on my first day of my  menstrual cycle the next day my cycle stopped, the blood stopped flowing. has anyone experienced this before. Any information would be a great help. thank...

Last reply
  • The slow build up of side effects- anyone had the same?

I was prescribed amlodipine 5mg and then, very quickly, 10 mg about 1 year ago. My high bp was detected by my optician via an eye test (!). I have only just discovered this site and wish I had done so earlier. I am 64, married, semi-retired/work part-time, am fairly active ( e.g. do a lot of walking;...

Last reply
  • Blood pressure drops during exercise

I'm on amlodipine 5mg. (Also olmesartan medoxomil 20mg)  I've noticed recently, with the hot weather, that my bp drops to 80/50 (or lower) after about 40 min of tennis.  At that level, I feed completely fatigued -- no energy at all.  I know that amlodipine is a vasodilator -- a...

Last reply
  • Late Onset Edema on Amlodipine

I am 46 years old and I have been on amlodipine for nearly two years now. All of a sudden this weekend I noticed my ankles swelling, the left more than the right. I had been getting a little short of breath, but I attribute that to the fact that I am way less active than I used to be and I have been...

Last reply
  • Only ONE Amlodipine

I am glad this medicine works for some, for me, quite the opposite.  Took only ONE Amlodipine on Monday morning.  It was the low 2.5mg dose.  Progressed through the day fine.  Fell asleep that same night and was awaked at 3am with the worst anxiety and panic I have ever experienced. ...

Last reply
  • Amlodipine - Gastric problems?

Having been stunned by the number of bad experiences folk have had taking Amlodipine I feel the need to make my own contribution. Two months ago I had Amlodipine added to my current prescription of Irbesartan and Bendroflumethiazide to counteract my raised blood pressure, usually around 110/99. Certainly...

Last reply
  • How long to the side effects last after stopping Amlodipine

Please can anyone tell me how long do the side effects of Amlodipine last after stopping them. I stopped them 8 days ago and each day until three days ago I felt a bit better but the last couple of days I have been feeling bad again, not as bad as before but still bad. I keep getting a feeling of dread...

Last reply
  • high blood pressure and anxiety

Hi all. I posted a message some months ago regarding my BP, I went to the GP and ended up in hypertension crisis 200/110! My GP made me sit in the surgery for couple of hours and started me on amlodipine, this was fine until I had horrific side effects and ended up unable to walk, after few weeks was...

Last reply
  • Itching

Hi i have been taking these for 4 weeks now. I was on Rimpiril but developed a very bad cough, apparently a side effect of these. I have now got the most annoying itching all over going on Has anyone else experienced this at all. I tingle and itch all over. very bazarre but woudl be interested...

Last reply
  • Hair Loss

does anyone know if there is any shampoo, tonic to help get my lovely hair back after loosing so much of it due to taking Amlopodine? Any help would be much appreciated. Also how long after stopping this poison does the hair loss stop and does the hair grow again? Thanks Kate 

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.