Skip to content

Amlodipine

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Amlodipine causes severe dizziness?

I have been on Amlodipine for about 15 months having been changed over from Atenolol. Around 6 months ago I started getting bad dizzy spells occasionally. Doctor thought my BP might have gotten too low so reduced dosage to 5mg per day (from 10mg). At first it seemd to help, although I did get the feeling...

Last reply
  • Burning mouth and dry mouth on Amlodipine

Sorry for the long post but I want to give as much background as possible. I started on 5mg Amlodipine on a Wednesday. By the Saturday my mouth was tender and burning - my tongue, gums, inside of lips and cheeks. By the Sunday I was in absolute agony. Every mouthful of food felt like chewing razor blades....

Last reply
  • Amlodipine – swelling of feet, difficult to walk

I am aged 55, male, and I suffered a stroke five years ago, with a loss of much of my eyesight. I find these days that even the slightest stumble, for example hitting an uneven paving slab, can cause my feet to swell up badly. Three weeks ago, I was unable to walk, and could only get around the house...

Last reply
  • AMLODIPINE....... HELP ME PLZ

Hi I'm Misty I'm 31 years old and my doctor put me on this medicine for high blood pressure I thought everything was fine until I wasn't myself I woke up hurting so bad I felt like my body was being crushed my body would feel heavy then light as a bowl of jello my legs were rubbery and numb...

Last reply
  • Amlodipine Maleate

I am having problems getting amlodipine maleate dr.reddys brand from my phamarcy can anyone help as i cannot tolerate amlodipine besylate.  thank you.

Last reply
  • FYI. Not all Amlodipine is the same

Once a medication becomes a generic any factory (most of them in India & China)  can make it.  The FDA allows some variance in the formula & the amount in the bloodstream.  My mom tried Amlodipine from one manufacturer that made her listless and put her into a deep disturbing sleep....

Last reply
  • Do side effects settle down

I’ve been on Amlodipine for 2 weeks now and wonder if the side effects settle down. I have noticed over the last couple of weeks I have an increased urge to urinate more frequently through the night and day. I am waking up 3-4 times in the night which is affecting my sleep pattern massively. Any advice...

Last reply
  • This can be a dangerous medication - beware!

I took 5mg of amlodipine without problems for about a month. After the first-week period of adjustment, in which it completely knocked me out, I felt normal again and was overjoyed that it lowered and kept my usual 150+/90+ BP down to a textbook 120/80 (with minor variation). But then side effects began...

Last reply
  • Amlodipine

Please please help me I’ve took amlodipine 5 mgsfirst time this morning I’ve been working 6 hours arrived home feel bad  am in bed  i feel my heart  beat 120  bp now no does go down  139/100 I need advise or some help please 07554384927

Last reply
  • Amlodipine Hell.. coming off it.

I was put on Amlodipine about 2 1/2 months ago for slighlty high BP. (Im 45 super fit kick box all the time) About 1 month in I noticed heart palputations laying in bed at night , and small bouts of blurry vision. 2 month mark I was tired all the time and had chest and left arm pain. Been to ER had...

Last reply
  • I've been on Amlodipine and feet leg and lower belly edema

Hello my Dr. put me on amlodipine at the beginning of February 2018 I didn't notice my calfs , ankles , and feet were swollen like I was a pregnant woman . Also I had swollen belly I'm always feeling bloated and can't breath he told me it was the medication and he took me off it . I read...

Last reply
  • Late Onset Edema on Amlodipine

I am 46 years old and I have been on amlodipine for nearly two years now. All of a sudden this weekend I noticed my ankles swelling, the left more than the right. I had been getting a little short of breath, but I attribute that to the fact that I am way less active than I used to be and I have been...

Last reply
  • Anyone has completely recovered from the effects of Amlodipine?

Hello dear forum members ... I have been on this forum for months but could not be sure if anyone has fully been off amlodipine and reversed all the side effects? It appears that there are many stories of relief .. but always some issues linger .. and it may or may not be because of subsequent changer...

Last reply
  • Coming off amlodipine help please....

I’m a 42 year old female that was on amlodipine on/off for about a year.  I wasn’t always good about taking it daily until this January.  I was under a lot of stress and was traveling, so I made a point to take this med every day.  I’m not on any other medications.  By the end of...

Last reply
  • high blood pressure and anxiety

Hi all. I posted a message some months ago regarding my BP, I went to the GP and ended up in hypertension crisis 200/110! My GP made me sit in the surgery for couple of hours and started me on amlodipine, this was fine until I had horrific side effects and ended up unable to walk, after few weeks was...

Last reply
  • HELP

My mom found out after taking her medication for a week and feeling extremely terrible that the pharmacy had mistakenly added 60 amlodipine 10 mg to her bottle of Lasix 40 mg. Very freaked out by this incident I tried to get her to go to the ER ASAP; however she refused. So what I did was that her to...

Last reply
  • New side effect?

Hi - waiting to see my GP to discuss coming off amlodipine due to horrible side effects, but the last few days I've been having a heavy sensation and pain in my chest - is this a know side effect? It's giving me anxiety as I've never had this before.

Last reply
  • I know its was amlodipine!

I am a healthy 58 yr old and normally very active. BP was rising over the last year or so to 178/98 and so this Jan my Doc put me on Amlodipine 5mg. Thats when it started. Firstly with a loss of energy, then total loss of stamina, I felt like a Zombie all the time. As the month progressed I started to...

Last reply
  • Johnny

Hi I'm on amlodipine for 2 wks some side affects bit flushed sometimes sleeps a hard but I must say I was getting eye problems lights in front of eyes that's gone had very high b p it's a relief not to be worrying so much about heart issues  I'v got anxiety quite bad need to take...

Last reply
  • AMLODIPINE- SWELLING IN MOUTH AND LIPS

I'm only on 5 MG per day, and am experiencing swelling in my mouth and lips. This is a secondary BP med to valsartan 160/12.5. Considering asking Dr. for a replacement for this.   Anyone else getting this, and if so, any suggestions what to try ?

Last reply
  • New to amlodipine and it's hell

Hi there. I began with a 5mg dose of amlodipine increased to 10 after a serious spike in my bp and I'm really struggling! Burning skin, swollen legs and feet. Terrible muscle pain in back legs and shoulders and awful weakness. Have trouble with the simplest tasks, walking carrying writing and...

Last reply
  • My "recovery story" from the misery of Amlodipine

I apologize in advance for the lengthy post. For a very long time, I had been suffering from a lot of intense aches and pains in my joints and muscles and was not able to get any proper diagnosis for it. I was beginning to very worried that I had some serious illness like cancer. Thanks to the posts...

Last reply
  • Anyone experience acid reflux while on Amlodipine (Norvasc)?

Hello, on the first of the year I woke up with chest pain/tightness and some asthmatic like symptoms. I have a bicuspid aortic valve so I monitored my blood pressure which was slightly high and called my cardiologist who put my on 2.5mg of norvasc. Later on in the month I started having bad regurgitation....

Last reply
  • Amlodipine causing sun sensitive skin

I have been on Amlodipine for about 8 years.  Almost immediately my skin felt very itchy all over then when I went on holiday I found the sun caused very sore hives. the hives would not necessarily appear on the skin exposed to the sun but in all the eczema points .ie under arms back of knees etc. ...

Last reply
  • Amlodipine almost killed me

Hi everyone. Ive been on BP med since 2012. Early Nov 2017 I started having some chest pains. I went to see my GP on the 16th Nov 2017, we did CT scan and did some blood test for my heart and everything was clear but my BP was high so he prescribed me pendine 5mg (Amlodipine) but I was taking 2.5mg...

Last reply
  • What Amlodipine has done to me

26/02/2018 Hi, I am writing to you to let you know what these Amlodipine tablets have done to me. Now, this letter is being written while am dog tired but cannot sleep, why so? please read on; and please also excuse the fact that I am using my other non-typing hand as my right hand is now what I would...

Last reply
  • Amlodopine/ blood pressure meds Nightmare!

Hi guys I was on blood pressure medication for around 3 months I started with coversyl it made me start to cough so my doctor switched me to amlodipine well I started getting panic attacks really bad my heart rate was 150 just when I was driving I had to pull over all clammy my face was white as a ghost...

Last reply
  • Stopping AMLODIPINE ......experience explained .

Hello to everyone .. I have benefited so much from the posts in the forum .. thanks ... I like to post a simple narration for those who are coming off it and share the experience or nightmare ... It seems there are those with immediate bad effects with days of taking Am and those whose symtoms develop...

Last reply
  • Hair loss due to Amlodipine

I had been on Amlodipine 5mg for some years,during this time I had begun to notice my hair thinning and becmoing fine and lifeless.After regular checks earlier this year my b/p was unacceptably high consistently and the dose was increased to 10mg.My b/p was still not within normal limits after 4-6 weeks...

Last reply
  • Amlodipine nightmare

My doctor started me on Amlodipine 5mg. Within a week I started having facial tingling and anxiety. My doctor firmly believed that these symptoms were not related to the amlodipine. I continued to take the medication and began to have arm weakness and my legs would feel heavy walking up and down stairs....

Last reply
  • Hard to swallow acid reflux bad attitude

Has anyone else experienced any of that? I have read about the acid reflux. For some reason this pill gets stuck in my throat. They did say I could crush it but did once tasted horrible so force myself to swallow it. The attitude may very well be other things???

Last reply
  • ablation after 9 years

I had an svt episode last year needing hospitalisation lasted 6 hours until adenosine administered. Saw consultant las week after discussion with him we have decided on another ablation attempt 3rd one. last ablation done in 2009, have been on bisoprolol and flecainide since last ablation. have...

Posted
  • Maybe all my symptoms were caused by Amlodipine

I have been on this med for about 3 years now. Recently I developed a rash at the top of my arms which then spread across the top of my back and my chest. I also suffer with health anxiety so I was getting concerned about it. I finally plucked up the courage to see the gp who said she thought it might...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.