Skip to content
Ad

Amlodipine

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Amlodipine - Gastric problems?

Having been stunned by the number of bad experiences folk have had taking Amlodipine I feel the need to make my own contribution. Two months ago I had Amlodipine added to my current prescription of Irbesartan and Bendroflumethiazide to counteract my raised blood pressure, usually around 110/99. Certainly...

Last reply
  • This can be a dangerous medication - beware!

I took 5mg of amlodipine without problems for about a month. After the first-week period of adjustment, in which it completely knocked me out, I felt normal again and was overjoyed that it lowered and kept my usual 150+/90+ BP down to a textbook 120/80 (with minor variation). But then side effects began...

Last reply
  • Stopping AMLODIPINE ......experience explained .

Hello to everyone .. I have benefited so much from the posts in the forum .. thanks ... I like to post a simple narration for those who are coming off it and share the experience or nightmare ... It seems there are those with immediate bad effects with days of taking Am and those whose symtoms develop...

Last reply
  • Amlodipine causes severe dizziness?

I have been on Amlodipine for about 15 months having been changed over from Atenolol. Around 6 months ago I started getting bad dizzy spells occasionally. Doctor thought my BP might have gotten too low so reduced dosage to 5mg per day (from 10mg). At first it seemd to help, although I did get the feeling...

Last reply
  • Maybe all my symptoms were caused by Amlodipine

I have been on this med for about 3 years now. Recently I developed a rash at the top of my arms which then spread across the top of my back and my chest. I also suffer with health anxiety so I was getting concerned about it. I finally plucked up the courage to see the gp who said she thought it might...

Last reply
  • Amlodipine Hell.. coming off it.

I was put on Amlodipine about 2 1/2 months ago for slighlty high BP. (Im 45 super fit kick box all the time) About 1 month in I noticed heart palputations laying in bed at night , and small bouts of blurry vision. 2 month mark I was tired all the time and had chest and left arm pain. Been to ER had...

Last reply
  • Hair loss due to Amlodipine

I had been on Amlodipine 5mg for some years,during this time I had begun to notice my hair thinning and becmoing fine and lifeless.After regular checks earlier this year my b/p was unacceptably high consistently and the dose was increased to 10mg.My b/p was still not within normal limits after 4-6 weeks...

Last reply
  • Anybody experience withdrawal symptons when stopping Amlodipine?

Hi everyone!  I have decided to wean and eventually stop taking amlodipine. I started at 5 mgs per day and was getting some of the side effects that most people here on these discussion forums have experienced. I spoke to my gp about 3 weeks ago and she wanted me to continue taking the meds. I was...

Last reply
  • Amlodopine side effects

Hi there, I was diagnosed with high bp about a year ago, it was consistantly about 154/95 - so the dr put me on a brand called Zemtard which he said was especially good for tackling the top number ( sorry no technical blurb, early hours of the morning!) anyway these gave me huge boobs and weight gain...

Last reply
  • awful drug be careful

Been on Amlodopine for about six months. Suddenly started feeling very low and depressed. Also stated hallucinating a little and feeling very anxious. Stopped taking it and feel much better. Be careful because you begin to feel like you are are going a little crazy. This drug i found out has been banned...

Last reply
  • Amlodipine and Atrial Fibrillation?

I am 45 years old and I have been on 5mg amlodipine for about 2 years for a blood pressure that tends to spike. I was first on Lisinopril and then Valsartan though I had to stop those medications within a few weeks of starting due to tachycardia/palpatations which prevented me from walking any significant...

Last reply
  • After looking on the net about Amlodipine besylate.

After looking on the net about Byslate with amlodipine,  shocked to see Besylate  is Benzenesulfonic Acid ,    Once used to produced Phenol in diluted form used as a Polymer Stripping agent ,     PAINT STIPPER ?? ,And i have been wondering about Petechia , No wonder...

Last reply
  • I know its was amlodipine!

I am a healthy 58 yr old and normally very active. BP was rising over the last year or so to 178/98 and so this Jan my Doc put me on Amlodipine 5mg. Thats when it started. Firstly with a loss of energy, then total loss of stamina, I felt like a Zombie all the time. As the month progressed I started to...

Last reply
  • Amlodipine And Stomach Pain

I'm new to this site so please excuse me if I am posting incorrectly or not following the right thread etc. Firstly I want to thank the people good enough to post about their negative experiences on the BP medication amlodipine. Without this I would still be suffering and struggling for answers and...

Last reply
  • excessive urination

Does any one have the side effect of needing to urinate more especially at night.Since going on 10 mg of amlodipine i can't stop going to the loo every five minutes.What have other people done about the excessive urination? andy

Last reply
  • Itching

Hi i have been taking these for 4 weeks now. I was on Rimpiril but developed a very bad cough, apparently a side effect of these. I have now got the most annoying itching all over going on Has anyone else experienced this at all. I tingle and itch all over. very bazarre but woudl be interested...

Last reply
  • Amlodipine

Amlodipine It seems to me that one of the problems is deciding what might be a side-effect of the Amlodipine (or any other drug) and what might be due to something else.  Before I was prescribed Amlodipine, I tried Ramipril.  My arms, legs and buttocks ached constantly, and I felt depressed. ...

Last reply
  • Sore mouth

ive been taking amlodipine for approx 8 years. off and on I have been having bouts of sore mouth and tongue. My tongue feels like it's at times on fire as if I have scalled it, which I haven't. its also associated with cold sweats on my head and face and a generally feeling of being cold. certain...

Last reply
  • perhaps an old question ? can we do something else ?

Hi everyone, I am Aroop , and my mum is 82 with high BP especially at night when she sleeps. It has been a long road of trials and errors (I am mechanical engineer). I had blindly accepted to take medication (for mum) , and never really checked the facts. She was prescribed medication to be taken...

Last reply
  • 9 weeks off Amlodipine no more head aches

After about 9 weeks of head aches stopping amlodipine no more head aches , only just found out by my GP it was the Consultant at the Hospital  that stopped Amlodipine not the GP ,Gastroentrolagist , I have Crohns .Now did Amlodipine cause Crohns, It seems AM just might interfere with or cause...

Posted
  • Amlodipine

Well having come off this drug because it caused such fast, horrible side effects - I am trying to reduce my blood pressure through diet and exercise. This means no salty foods/added salt, very limited caffiene or none at all, beetroot juice, bananas, and a sour cherry concentrate. all of which seem...

Last reply
  • Anyone know natural or alternatives to carvedidoli and amlodipine

My GP a mth ago increased my amlodpine to 10 my a day along with carvedidol to 10 my. Which both have terrible side effects. for me it's terrible muscle pain cramps in lower back. I could not get a refill on amlodipine for the last two days in the muscle cramping in my lower back has increased so...

Last reply
  • Benchmarking, just in case it Is the Amlodipine

I'll begin with the apology I see many members put: I'm sorry this is long but it's a blessing in itself to have somewhere to put it all down.  I'm 67lbs down in a 100lbs weightloss drive.  I was diagnosed T2D in June 2015 but within 8 months had brought my blood sugar right...

Last reply
  • Amlodipine hot burning tingling hands??

Anyone else experience any weird hand or foot issues? I have had hot and tingling feet and now my hands are doing it. I am active, eat well and now this developed. I am so sick of this drug.

Last reply
  • side effects of BP tablets - help

I've been amlodipine for about 8 weeks. Initially i had chest pains and as this was the third type of BP tablet my doctor suggested i 'stick with it'. Which i have done and persevered. My BP is down to 'normal' so its working, but I am tired all the time and now my gums have started...

Last reply
  • Amlodipine

After 20 years taking blood presure meds (yes 20Years) at first 10 years just minor problems ,then last 10 you name it i have had it, all because had DVT in left leg , then put on presure meds.

Last reply
  • still coughing 6 months later

i stopped amlodipine 6 months ago because i had such a terrible dry cough. it's faded a lot but i still have days when i heave because i'm coughing so much and it still catches me out of the blue. is it normal to take this long for the cough to go? (i would check with the doctor but have been...

Last reply
  • Long term use of Amlodipine

Hello i have been using this drug for many years without problems, but recently I have begun to experience side effects which include swelling hands, ankles and calves. aching legs and feeling very tired most of the time. i am going to ask my GP if I can come off of this drug, I am interested in other...

Last reply
  • Amlodipine

Just want to say I started this 2 months ago taking 1 tablet a day and have had no side effects at all and it lowered my bp  almost immediately.

Last reply
  • Any body got an answer to my problem?

Been on Amlodopine for 9 years. Also take Canderstartin and since Feb, Bisoprolol too for fast heart rate. After reading other people's comments about Amlodopine and the side effects l realised one,or maybe all, my meds are making me ill. But spoke to GP and we decided l would come off Amlodopine...

Last reply
  • associated ectopic beats and Amlopodine

I am so pleased to have found this discussion thread.  I was taken off Ibersartan about two months ago due to it giving me a cough and put onto 5mg Amlopodine.  I'm 57 and in reasonable health apart from needing my BP controlled.   Within a week of starting Amlopodine i developed...

Last reply
  • The slow build up of side effects- anyone had the same?

I was prescribed amlodipine 5mg and then, very quickly, 10 mg about 1 year ago. My high bp was detected by my optician via an eye test (!). I have only just discovered this site and wish I had done so earlier. I am 64, married, semi-retired/work part-time, am fairly active ( e.g. do a lot of walking;...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.