Skip to content

Amlodipine

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Think I need help

New member here. Sorry that this could be a long post but I really need help/information.... Up until Feb my BP was acceptible, if a little high 130/90 but was taken at a GP surgery and I do suffer from white coat phobia. My partner of 41 years passed away unexpectedly at the end of Feb and his …

Last reply
  • My Opion

There are so many side efforts, depression is one crying things can upset you easily, anoy is a better description. Sometime it seem no one listen or even try to understand what you are trying to make them see what you are going through. I have young neighbors upstairs of me who stomps and let …

Last reply
  • General muscle weakness:

I wish we could get a good lawyer and see the Amilodipine makers. My concern is, if this medication is banned in Holland and other parts of the world, why can’t America follow suit and ban it and stop doctors and GP from prescribing them. The damages caused could not be reversed. It needs to be …

Last reply
  • Long term use of Amlodipine

Hello i have been using this drug for many years without problems, but recently I have begun to experience side effects which include swelling hands, ankles and calves. aching legs and feeling very tired most of the time. i am going to ask my GP if I can come off of this drug, I am interested in …

Last reply
  • Itching

Hi i have been taking these for 4 weeks now. I was on Rimpiril but developed a very bad cough, apparently a side effect of these. I have now got the most annoying itching all over going on Has anyone else experienced this at all. I tingle and itch all over. very bazarre but woudl be …

Last reply
  • Amlodipine

I had been on Amlodipine for 3 years I had Malignant hypertension it use to read as high as 220 over 160. Yes it took it down I have been 120 over 70 and 80 for 2 and a half years so I was happy but did not know I was really building up a reaction to it till I went to bed fine woke up at 6 am took …

Last reply
  • My "recovery story" from the misery of Amlodipine

I apologize in advance for the lengthy post. For a very long time, I had been suffering from a lot of intense aches and pains in my joints and muscles and was not able to get any proper diagnosis for it. I was beginning to very worried that I had some serious illness like cancer. Thanks to the …

Last reply
  • Severe fatigue/memory loss

Hi folks, I was amlodipine and got off it about almost 2 months ago. My central nervous system is ruined due to other meds. I do also suffer from fibromyalgia as well. I usually have body, but last week it reached a level of 9/10 and it's rare for me to be in that much pain. This lasted for 4 …

Last reply
  • Amilodipine problems

Started on rampril after hypertensive crisis at surgery didn't suit so switched to 5mg of amilodipine which I coped with but didn't reduce bp enough been on 10mg for 5 days and feel so weak and tired bp was 185/124 two hours ago now its 131/88 really low for me does anyone know if this is …

Last reply
  • Morning vs evening

Hi, im on 5mg Amlodipine and 5mg Ramipril and wanted to find out from anyone if they have been taking their meds in the morning and then changing that to evenings? Any difference?

Last reply
  • Stopping AMLODIPINE ......experience explained .

Hello to everyone .. I have benefited so much from the posts in the forum .. thanks ... I like to post a simple narration for those who are coming off it and share the experience or nightmare ... It seems there are those with immediate bad effects with days of taking Am and those whose symtoms …

Last reply
  • Amlodipine besylate and nightmares

After 4 years, my Olmesartan-Hctz was not working to keep my blood pressure in the recommended range.  My doctor prescribed amlodiplne besylate 5 mg last week. Almost  immediately, I noticed I was feeling more tired as if I were sedated,in a daze.  Now that I’m into my …

Last reply
  • Getting Off Amlodipine

I was put on beta blocker 2.5mg in late October 2017 due to high blood pressure. I suspected that the supplement which i took for nearly 2 weeks occasionally has spiked my bp because my bloodwork result were normal. While on bb, I was extremely tired, my left eyelid was swollen, anxiety, heart …

Last reply
  • Anybody experience withdrawal symptons when stopping Amlodipine?

Hi everyone!  I have decided to wean and eventually stop taking amlodipine. I started at 5 mgs per day and was getting some of the side effects that most people here on these discussion forums have experienced. I spoke to my gp about 3 weeks ago and she wanted me to continue taking the meds. I& …

Last reply
  • Amlodipine besylate and nightmares

After 4 years, my Olmesartan-Hctz was not working to keep my blood pressure in the recommended range.  My doctor prescribed amlodiplne besylate 5 mg last week. Almost  immediately, I noticed I was feeling more tired as if I were sedated,in a daze.  Now that I’m into my …

Last reply
  • Reduction from 10mg to 5mg Amlodipine

Hi there! Has anyone had their meds reduced from 10 to 5mg and did you feel a difference? Im hoping that my hair starts to get strong again and that the damn water retention goes☺ fingers crossed!

Last reply
  • Amlodipine and Tinnitus

Hi All Are any of you experiencing Tinnitus as a result of taking this drug. I am taking Acerycal 10/5 which contains amlodpine and have now been inflicted with this horrible debilitating tinnitus. I have been taken off this drug in the past 2 days and have not yet seen any signs of improvement in …

Last reply
  • I How to seen myself off amlodipine

Please tell me the best way to wean ourselves off amlodipine. I know that we're not supposed to quit cold turkey I take 5mg of 1 and 2.5 of the other what is the best way of doing so thank you I appreciate any answers

Posted
  • Amlodipine

Has anyone tappered off this particular medicine with positive results? I decided to do it on my own and within 3 days my ankles feel so much better not as tender or swollen! So far BP 122/78 to 82 Praying it maintains!

Last reply
  • Amlodipine Side Effects - Doctors in Denial

Why on earth are GPs in this country still prescribing this drug when it has been withdrawn for human use in other countries?  I was given this medication a few years ago in addition to Losartan and Bendroflumethiazide for hypertension.  It did seem to bring blood pressure down a bit more …

Last reply
  • Amlodipine - Gastric problems?

Having been stunned by the number of bad experiences folk have had taking Amlodipine I feel the need to make my own contribution. Two months ago I had Amlodipine added to my current prescription of Irbesartan and Bendroflumethiazide to counteract my raised blood pressure, usually around 110/99. …

Last reply
  • About Almodipine

I can safely say that Amlodipine left me in worst health than I was before taking it. It's poison. My BP before getting on it was something like 135/90 ish. After I stopped taking it, my MP shot up to 140/110 ish. One day my diastolic was up to 120!!! I have been off Amlodipine for two months. …

Last reply
  • Amlodipine

Second day off Amlodipine 5mg. Was on it for almost 3 weeks. Feel a huge difference except for the horrible ache in my calves. Any suggestions how to help/alleviate this? Thanks 

Last reply
  • Hair loss due to Amlodipine

I had been on Amlodipine 5mg for some years,during this time I had begun to notice my hair thinning and becmoing fine and lifeless.After regular checks earlier this year my b/p was unacceptably high consistently and the dose was increased to 10mg.My b/p was still not within normal limits after 4-6 …

Last reply
  • Does this med affect the liver?

Hi folks, I recently had a blood test and it showed that my liver panels were higher than normal. Does this med raise liver functions/numbers? I took my last pill over a month ago. I feel fine and life is ok, but my dr is nervous about my elevated liver numbers. I have never had high liver …

Last reply
  • How can i remove amlopadine side effects help pls

Last week i have a elevated bp 180/100 due to i was exposed in an extreme heat. I was rushed in the hospital and after a few hr they send me home. The dr. told me to get lab test and all of it is normal except for the bp is elevated. So i took the lab test and 1 dr told me to take amlodipine at …

Last reply
  • has anyone else got depressed on Amlodipine ?

Hi, Have been on Amitryptiline now for 6 years for M E but managing really well , back to work and staying stable, was put on Amlodipine 5mg for high bp about 3 months ago but feeling really down with the Amlodipine added in, i,ve seen everyones side effects but just wondering if anyone has had …

Last reply
  • high blood pressure and anxiety

Hi all. I posted a message some months ago regarding my BP, I went to the GP and ended up in hypertension crisis 200/110! My GP made me sit in the surgery for couple of hours and started me on amlodipine, this was fine until I had horrific side effects and ended up unable to walk, after few weeks …

Last reply
  • side effects of amlodopine

Have recently developed very swollen ankles and shin rash .have been on Amlodopine for years as I had slightly raised BP but also have white coat syndrome.i checked my BP and it was low so came off my Amlodopine and my ankle swelling reduced quickly .have monitored my BP and it remains low.my …

Last reply
  • Different brands of amlodipine

Hi, I take Amlodipine 5mg and have found that with one particular brands I get more side effects than with the other, and I wondered if anyone has had the same experience. I am obviously cautious about mentioning particular brands on a public forum, but the main point is that the pharmacist …

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.