Amlodipine and Abdominal Pain. Anyone cure it.

Posted , 2 users are following.

My family MD put me on a 2.5 mg top of dose of Amlodipine around 3 months ago.. Firstly I found that it gave me GERD symptoms .. ( Later read a study that it can cause gastroparesis),. I do suffer from heart burn occasionally but not like that.. But the symptoms did get better.

2 months into the precription I started having feeling of incomplete bowel movements and pain in the lower abdomen. He put me on Restoralax/Miralax. 6. Weeks later of daily Restoralax I had enough of the pain and took myself off the calcium channel blocker and booked an appointment with him. ( I am also on a ACE2 inhibitor so the BP was fine) .. He agreed with me that to stay off it and keep on Restoralax.

3 weeks without the Amlodipine and I am still having nightly pain, which is worse when I sit.. goes around the sides and back.. Just feels as if the abdominal wall and skin are stretched and burning.. ( I presume I am bloated). Restolax bowel movements are frequent but minimal..

Started a Low FODMAP diet today and hoping that helps

I am at my wits end.. With stopping the drug it is not helping YET.. Anyone else have a similar ??

Thank you..

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi, I can only make a suggestion for your heartburn as I had it bad as well and I never suffered from it before Amlo. I was eating Tums like candy and taking Omeprozole. But I wanted to take something natural and found an amazing alternative! I got it on Amazon, its called Maty's Acid Reducer and has ginger and apple cider vinegar. I can tell you its been a miracle! I rarely need it now and havent gotten hearburn in weeks. I strongly recommend it!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.