How long did it take for Amlo to get out of your system?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi, I was only on Amlo for 2 months with the exception of the 2 weeks that I was switched to Metoprolol, had horrible side effects and went back to Amlo. I weaned myself off in Jan because I just felt terrible, constant heartburn, blurry vision, constant crying cause I felt depleted, just all around awful! I didnt experience many withdrawal symptoms other than the seemingly permanent heartburn that I have never had until going on these meds! Can Amlo permanently damage your GI Tract?? I can count on one hand the amount of times Ive had heartburn in my life! Now I pray for a week to go by where I dont have a day or a few days with it! I also notice Ive become very sensitive to anything I eat or take that has never bothered me in the past. While some may say its unrelated, my argument is then why did I never have these issues until I took this med??!! Im now 3 months off of it and just wondering if anyone has suffered with this so long after and how long it took to get out of your system or is it something that is permanent? Keep in mind this started from an anxious reaction to a supplement and I was referred to a cardiologist to be safe, stress test, echo and EKG all came back normal. BP was high because I was terrified. My BP is normal now being off these meds so I dont think I ever really needed them. But everytime I get these burning or annoying chest pains, I start to panic that its heart related. I just want to be myself again, before I took Amlo, I never had any pains in my chest, no burning, no disgestive issues etc.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.