Are These Symptoms of Coming off Amlodpine?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was only on Amlodipine for 4 weeks, but felt symptoms, so I stopped it cold turkey. Was only on 5mg. Since stopping, I have felt twitching in muscles in legs, arms, various other areas as well as a stiff neck and some ED.

It's been 30 days since stopping, could the Amlodipine still be causing this? Every Dr I talked to, even at UPENN, swears there's no way in hell it's the Amlodipine, but it's the only thing that I put in my system differently. I'm starting to worry I'll never get back to normal.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hey, John.

I just joined this forum because I myself took Amlodipine briefly, and quit because I didn't like the side effects. It's been a coupe months (Sept) since I stopped taking it, and I'm still getting the flush feelings that came along with taking this drug.

I went to the ER The other day. They ran a bunch of tests and said that everything in my blood work was fine, and there was nothing going with me that would be considered life threatening.

Even if your DR tries to tell you this can't be from the drug, insist they run tests because their wisdom cut both ways; they always tell us we know our bodies better than they do... "Well, this is my body and I'm telling you I've never felt like this UNTIL Amlodipine was introduced into my system"

• Posted

Hi John. I am in the process of weaning off of amlodipine 5mg. I also take Benazepril 10mg. I have been on amlodipine for 17 days now. I have been experiences twitches mostly in m legs but at times in my arms too as well as a host of other bad side effects. Twitches are off and on throughout the day and night. As a test to the amlodipine/leg muscle twitching connection.. I skipped my dose of amlodipine and had only a few off and on twitches over the course of the day. I am weaning off of this drug! I will halve the 5mg to 2.5mg for two weeks. I takes about 12 days for amlodipine to be completely out of you system. I'm hoping things return to normal when this is done for you and I both.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.