Amlodipine 10mg

Posted , 3 users are following.

45 year old blk male. looking for some answers, been on amlodipine since January 2022. 3 months in I began noticing weird symptoms. Started with lightheaded / dizziness/heart palpitation. in the begining wasnt sure of the cause. My doctor thought it was one of 3 things. HEART, HEAD, MEDICINE. I have had several trips to ER, several labs, all normal, Brain MRI, CT scan, even wore a 14 day heart monitor. no answers. My symptoms are getting worst. Feelings of room spinning, faintness, weird sensations in right hand and arm, as well as naseaua. the only thing I have done everyday is take the meds. I also take lisinopril 10mg and HcTZ 12.5 mg. My doctor has taken me off amlodipine. Does anyone have any insight on this.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I Found issue with Amlodipine, with palpitations and BP spikes that sent me to the ER on 2 occasions.....I realised it was after the brand of Amlodipine was switched by the Pharmacy.

After comparing ingredients in the good/bad pills , I realised that there was a "filler" in the brand that affected me called "Calcium hydrogen phosphate" (also called "dicalcium phosphate")

After this I got my pharmacy to ensure I only received Amlodipine without this particular filler and have had no issues in over 3 years now.

Incidentally, I have accidentally bought other supplements that contain this filler and have had similar bad reactions!

• Posted

Vitamin D ...but that's not really the point of the post ...I found the dicalcium phosphate to be an issue.

• Edited

i know but you said some supplements have it in at two, so I wanted to avoid them supplement

• Posted

It's dependent on Brand, I found lots of Manufacturers use it as bulking in pills, both pharmaceuticals and supplements....best to check the ingredients panel for "Calcium hydrogen phosphate" or "dicalcium phosphate" if you want to avoid it too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.