Amlopine Hell!

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have been on amlopine for a year, then all these problems started sore mouth, gums, stomach and acid issues. Plus tremors and muscle weakness, ask the doctor if I could come off them. he said yes my b/p was sable. But 5 weeks of amlopine I'm still suffering the symptoms? after 5 weeks. especially muscle contractions, doc said that that he will do a blood test for vitamin deficiency.

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Ive been on Amlodipine for just over a year and I've had the same...sores in mouth, burning mouth syndrome, white tongue, terrible acid reflux , terrible sinus, trouble swallowing. The common denominator is the Amlodipine, meaning that most of these things began after I was put on it.

Do you know if there's a set amount of time before you'll stop feeling the affects of this horrible drug?

• Posted

In my case it's been 6 weeks of amlopine and I still feel weak and acid flux issues and pain in back.

comes and goes, back as I writing this.

πŸ˜‘

• Posted

It's a nightmare taking this drug. I asked my gp about going off of it and she suggested I remain taking it but in the end said it's my decision. I think as long as I stay on it I will always feel like crapπŸ˜•

• Posted

Yes I know what you mean, I've gone on a low carb diet hoping that it will keep my b/p down.

I hope that it works because the 3 other meds didn't suit me neither.

• Posted

Hi Carol,

Just wondered if your systems got worse after the covidd vacation ?πŸ˜•

e.g tremors and muscle twitching.

• Posted

Hi Ann,

Maybe I should try the low carb diet too.

Lol I like how you called it the Covid vacation.

And oddly enough no I had no tremors or twitching or any kind of reaction after my 2 vaccinations. After the third booster shot though, I got the worst sinus symptoms I've ever had.

• Posted

Hi Carol,

Thanks for replying, I glad that you didn't experienced what I did.

But the sinus symptoms must have been terrible.

I suffer from sinus symptoms twice but it only lasted for 1 day each time. πŸ™‚

• Posted

Hi Carol,

I'm just wondering how are you doing with your stomach issues. The doctor as put me on Lansoprazole 15mg for my stomach issues. And will call me in 2 weeks time to see how I am getting on.

☺

• Posted

Hi Ann,

Oh I certainly hope you get to feeling better!

I've been on Pantoprazole for a number of years. I started off on 40mg per day and it seemed to help somewhat but I guess just not enough. I had an upper endoscopy done and he said he did see some inflamation so he doubled my dosage from 40 to 80mg per day.

I can't say as it's truly helped much because I still have stomach symptoms. He told me to take antacids as well .

I'm actually having another endoscope in 2 weeks because now I'm finding that after I eat the least little thing I start feeling nauseous.

He says that acid reflux and sinus issues go hand in hand so it seems like a losing battle .

Anyway do let me know how you are getting on in a few weeks with the Lansoprazole.

Good Luck!

• Posted

i have had terrible dry mouth, burning tongue, even had the white tongue. I have been off amlodipine for nine days now, and feeling much better. It's my understanding that it has a long half-life, meaning it takes a while to get out of your system. My ENT told me to give it about a month.

• Posted

Hi David,

I could easily do a month if I thought it would bring an end to the horror story that Amlodipine is.

The reason I know it's to blame is because I never felt this bad before I began it. I take 5 mg per day in addition to 10 mg of Ramipril.

May I ask what your daily dosage was?

• Posted

i was taking 5 MG. it worked well on my blood pressure, but the dry mouth, sores and lesions, plugged up ears and tinnitus was not worth it.

• Posted

I hear ya. Have all of those 'side effects' and I always have them constantly.

The drug does lower my blood pressure but only at the cost of suffering with all this other crap. I'd rather take my chances with just the Ramipril.

Thanks for your feedback!

• Posted

did your tinnitus resolve please? am going through withdrawal symptoms too

• Posted

Update on blood test for vitamin deficiency...

it turn out that I had a very low vitamin D deficiency and the doctor put me on 50,000 IU.Liquid vitamin D for twice a week for three weeks.

hopefully it will stop the muscle contractions and tremors that I was experiencing.

All the best to everyone!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.