(27F) 16mm endemitrial lining, doctor not concerned because I'm "too young"???

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi, Everyone...

I didnt have anywhere else to post this so, I thought I'd try here. The title pretty much says it all, today I went to my OBGYN and got an ultrasound. I've been having some ovarian pain and twice this past year I had some unexplained HEAVY bleeding/bloating. The first time lasted a month, the second time about 1 week. I think both showed up about a week after my period and were so bad that I couldnt even bend down. I still have ovarian pain and bloat but not as bad.

Anyway, the doc said my scan came back normal except that I had a simple cyst on my ovary and she saw that my endometrial lining was 16mm. She wasnt concerned and didnt want to look into it any further citing my age as the reason. She thinks it's probably a Polyp and that's what is causing the bleeding but the test was inconclusive. Apparently, I'm too young to have uterine cancer but I dont feel comfortable with that diagnosis.

I've done alot of reading and in a women in her 30/40s that would send up huge red flags but somehow I'm not in the danger zone simply because I dont fit the age requirement for what is typical in these situations? Should I get a second opinion? I'm not sure what I can do, I dont think I will be taken seriously...

Any advice would be helpful, I'm very scared and have been crying alot. Everyone else seems content with what the doctor said and thinks I'm being overly paranoid.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.