Skip to content
Ad

Cancer

Also known as Brain Tumour, Carcinoma, Cholangiocarcinoma, Gliomas, Malignant Melanoma, Melanoma, Mesothelioma, Skin Cancer and Carcinoma, Tumours

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

• Reoccurring Endometrial Cancer

All, I had some tests on Monday the 7th and was told by my oncologist late Thursday afternoon the 10th that my cancer has returned. I have had a CT scan, an MRI and a biopsy. I have a tumor encapsulated in the muscle of my left abdomen and two, much smaller ones on my right side in the muscle deep within...

• amkoffee amkoffee

Oral cancer

I know I'm being paranoid but I have such a horrible medical history and I'm currently battling an autoimmune disease as well as chronic lower back pain so my resistance is very low. I'm also on prednisone. I have an appointment with an oral surgeon to do a biopsy on a sore on my tongue...

• amkoffee amkoffee

Tongue cancer

I've just joined this site so I could learn something about cancer of the mouth. Specifically the tongue. Is there any member that has any experience in this area and can answer some questions for me.

All discussions in this group

Next
  • My husband currently surviving cholangiocarcinoma

Hi Im 37 and my husband only 45 about 12 weeks ago my husband turned yellow having had jaundice myself i took him to hospital thinking gallstones. After 9 days they discovered cancer of the bile duct. We have three children they give him 6 to 8 months. We went through hell then 3 weeks later were told...

Last reply
  • Endometrial cancer - what were your symptoms?

Women with endometrial cancer have a variety of symptoms that differ between individual women, and, after diagnosis, many women wish they had acted earlier on something they thought was irrelevant. If you have been diagnosed with endometrial cancer, please feel free to contribute your symptoms to this...

Last reply
  • Reoccurring Endometrial Cancer

All, I had some tests on Monday the 7th and was told by my oncologist late Thursday afternoon the 10th that my cancer has returned. I have had a CT scan, an MRI and a biopsy. I have a tumor encapsulated in the muscle of my left abdomen and two, much smaller ones on my right side in the muscle deep within...

Posted
  • Colon Cancer

Hi, I am an 18 yr old male. I 5 days ago began noticing a slight pain in my lower abdomen after consuming an energy drink. I don't usually drink energy drinks so I just thought it probably uspet my stomach. Now, 5 days later I still have the same dull ache in my abdomen and I have been constipated...

Last reply
  • Oral cancer

I know I'm being paranoid but I have such a horrible medical history and I'm currently battling an autoimmune disease as well as chronic lower back pain so my resistance is very low. I'm also on prednisone. I have an appointment with an oral surgeon to do a biopsy on a sore on my tongue...

Posted
  • Bowel cancer fear

Hi, I'm seeking some help as recently (past month or so) I've been experiencing issues with my bowels. I've been worrying about bowel cancer and am arranging a doctors appointment next week. I'm 18, female and keep being told by my parents and friends that I'm just worrying too much...

Last reply
  • Kidney tumor found scared to death

after a CT scan with dye a tumor of 2cm has been found. i have just had a all saying i need a byopsy on it in the next few weeks. but that is all they told me. has anyone else been through this? im really scared and cant find any real information on this. if anyone can help id love to hear from you ...

Last reply
  • Tongue cancer

I've just joined this site so I could learn something about cancer of the mouth. Specifically the tongue. Is there any member that has any experience in this area and can answer some questions for me.

Posted
  • Melanoma or Health Anxiety

I am a 13 year old boy from Bulgaria so my English is not perfect.I am anxious person.But this summer my fear from death is the biggest so far.It all started 2 weeks ago when i had pain in my lower abdomen.I searched it on google and i realized i maybe have appendicitis.The pain has gone off and i thought...

Last reply
  • What to expect? Stage 3 Diagnosis

This week has dealt my family a huge blow. My amazing mother hadn't been feeling 100% and since she is a nurse she did the right thing and booked an appointment with her doctor. Well, to cut a long story short, on Thursday she was diagnosed with stage 3 pancreatic cancer. It was such a huge shock...

Last reply
  • Chest xray

Hi all How likely is it that a chest xray will miss lung cancer? Heard so many stories of this happening lately.... I had a chest xray in Jan 2016 and one Mar 10 2017 both clear but still having coughing symptoms all the time!

Last reply
  • White semi solid stuff coming out of Right testicle lump?

I am scared, i had a small lump on my right testical for a about two years now. I tought it wasn't anything dangerous until this happened. Sorry if this disgusted anyone. I am new to this site, sorry if I violated any rules. I am not sure where to post this, so i posted it here.

Last reply
  • Terrified I have cancer/dying

I've been terrified of illnes as long as i could remember, i even stopped playing football at the age of 11 because i was worried about a heart attack.. Bascially, in the middle of May ( around the 15th) i woke up one morning and felt awful. Dizzy, nauseous and my body ached.... legs in particular....

Last reply
  • Numbness and weakness after brain surgery

Hi all. I found out I had a tumour in my brain on 29 January 2016. It was located on the right, deep in the brain and pressed against the brain stem. I had brain surgery on the 10th of Feb and most of it was removed. A biopsy was done and the results are confusing stating that it could be a lesion caused...

Last reply
  • Mri with contrast

Can anyone here tell me if mri of brain with contrast will rule out acuostic neroma. I had the myriad other contrast and myou doctor said it Woll not see the ear area and yet my neuro doctor said it would show that please help me I am worried I might haveacoustic tumor

Posted
  • Basal cell carcinoma (perirectum)

We just got biopsy results back that my mom has Basal cell carcinoma, its located on the perineum skin closer to the anus area. I haven't got to see report but this is all he told my mom and said its the most treatable type. My mom has had Melanoma in the past that was taken off by Wide local excision...

Posted
  • Recent Diagnosis of BCC on nose

Last night I was diagnosed with a BCC on the right hand side of my nose (about 4mm long 2mm wide and about a centimetre from the edge of my nostril). The dermatologist made the assessment following a visual examination with a magnifying glass (of sorts) and then proceeded to propose options for removal....

Last reply
  • Brain Tumor Symptoms? Please help.

Hi everyone,  I feel like I am overreacting but I wanted to check this out before I rush off to my doctor. I am a 25 year old female. For the past five days, I've been dealing with strange headaches along the top of my head, confusion, and severe fatigue. Aching in my elbow joints and tingling...

Last reply
  • It might be a brain tumor , but not sure

Hi So despite me trying to be healthy With exercise diet, etc I had neck pains for a couple of weeks One time, while I was sleeping, I got An awful pain in my ribs Which went away after 30 seconds I get throat pains The list goes on Fatigue, occasionally Drowsiness My doctor's never...

Posted
  • Noticed a bump on my anus

Hey guys, So as of pretty recently I went to Planned Parenthood because I noticed some bumps on and around my penis which they believe to be genital warts. I had them treated then which was less than a week ago, however I’m unsure of how long I’ve had these. Anyways, so when I got home I decided to...

Last reply
  • Endometrial Cancer Diagnosis

Well, I had my uterine biopsy this week, and my Dr. called with the news, I have endometrial cancer, types 2 and 3. I've been referred to an oncologist, who's supposed to contact me after the weekend. My Dr. told me that because I caught this early (I started to spot on April 14) that we're...

Last reply
  • I have malignant melanoma stage 3

I  would be interested to hear how others have coped with this diagnosis. I have had the main tumor removed which metastised to  Parotid Gland and 3 lymph nodes in neck. I have been told mine is high risk of returning. I was wondering how long is usual return rate  if anyone can answer...

Last reply
  • Ggt, high results

So I was going over my blood work which My doctor told me nothing about It says my ggt level is... 443 I don't drink Hardly ever smoke No drugs It went from 19 to 443 in like one month

Last reply
  • Lymphoma

Had a PET scan a week ago got called back to the hospital a few days later to be told it's Lymphoma.pet scan lit up in head neck and chest areas.saw a hemotolist yesterday who said wasn't 100% sure it was that.said my Suv # was 6 and this was low however I've heard that anything over a 3...

Last reply
  • Feel like i have something in my head?

Hey everyone! I recently got back from Washington DC and walked a total of 25 miles, and after 4 days my legs still hurt, and i had a quick sharp headache in which i fell asleep to for 2 hours and woke up and it was gone. Sometimes i also feel like my brain moves or has liquid in it, I have hearing problems...

Posted
  • Non-stop bleeding, pos preg test and family history of cancer

I was told that I'm having a miscarriage last month after I had been bleeding heavy for 4 weeks non-stop. Apparently I had "very low HCG levels". I've read that HCG levels rise with certain types of cancers and you can get a false positive and that's got me worried because my family...

Last reply
  • Possible Cancer diagnosis?

So for the last 14 weeks, I have had swollen lymph nodes in my neck. I have been given 3 rounds of different antibiotics, and 2 doses of steroids. It has not gone away. The CT scan showed lymphadopathy in the cevical lymph nodes in my neck. Recently, I had a pet scan from head to thigh, which showed...

Last reply
  • Forum concerns.

I have concerns re the number of people listing their symptoms and asking forumites what they think.   Cancer is a life and death business and should not be treated lightly.   The very first port of call should be always be your Doctor, he/she is much better placed to give a diagnosis.  ...

Last reply
  • Brain cancer?

I recently have had a headache that won't go away and I only mostly feel it if I shake my head I've had it for over a week and i also have thrown up and had nausea that was kind of out of no where I'm absolutely terrified I'm 15 btw

Last reply
  • Port question

Has a doctor every scheduled you for a port installation without telling you the diagnosis? Like she is making me come in to discuss the diagnosis, and then all of sudden two other appointments were scheduled as well right after result discussion appointment. She scheduled a bone marrow biopsy and a...

Last reply
  • Sarcoidois and cancer

Hi  ​My Mum has sarcoidois and has  - after several months worth of tests - has been (by some professionals) diagnoised with lung cancer. The only treatment being offered in the removal of two thirds of one lung and that she might not survive the operation. Has anyone else had this form of...

Last reply
  • I'm scared I have lung cancer

Hi, I had a chest x-ray done about 5 weeks ago as I have had a cough for a few months which they initially thought was linked to my allergies. I got the results yesterday and it turns out I have a small opacification in the lower right lung. My Dr has referred me as an urgent patient and said I should...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.