Skip to content

Cancer

Also known as Brain Tumour, Carcinoma, Cholangiocarcinoma, Gliomas, Malignant Melanoma, Melanoma, Mesothelioma, Skin Cancer and Carcinoma, Tumours

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Drenching night sweats and a swollen lymph node on neck.

I can't say that I have any more symptoms than that. I've had night sweats more on than off for the past 2 years, seemingly around the same time I discovered the swollen lymph node. I usually have to get up about 2 to 3 times a night to change my briefs and or sweats /shorts if I'm wearing...

Last reply
  • Endometrial cancer - what were your symptoms?

Women with endometrial cancer have a variety of symptoms that differ between individual women, and, after diagnosis, many women wish they had acted earlier on something they thought was irrelevant. If you have been diagnosed with endometrial cancer, please feel free to contribute your symptoms to this...

Last reply
  • I can no longer feel hungry!

I can no longer feel hungry just few days ago and I'm getting worried and it is not psychological since I love foods so can anyone guess what is wrong with me?

Last reply
  • My mother is diagnosed with cancer

Hello everyone, my mother this week got the results that kidney, stomach and ovaries are infected with cancer, I think that in this forum are doctors that can tell me the probabilities of surviving and suggest me the best hospital based on your own experiences to treat this case. Thanks in advance!

Last reply
  • Cancer

I'm a 53 year old male with type 2 diabetes mellitus.  I've been diagnosed with GAD,  depression,  2 inguinal hernias, obesity. In February 2017 I was urinating more than I thought I should. So I went into my doctor.  They found microscopic hematuria in my urine 3-10hpf. ...

Last reply
  • Healthy food to treat cancer exists?

Hi there, You know there are a lot sources of information which say like "eat leafy green vegetables and exclude cancer-causing foods". Did you all try to have tons of all those healthy foods to say "Probably it works for prevention, but that doesn't definitely heal!"....

Last reply
  • Kidney Cancer post surgery pain

I am just over 12 months post kidney cancer surgery. I was diagnosed following sudden pain and hemorrhage and was rushed into hospital needing embolisation after which both kidney and tumor were removed. Prior to this I had no health problems and suffered no pain. After surgery I had bad back pain that...

Last reply
  • Headaches and nausea at Night Help

Guys I have had balance issues for approx  6 weeks Over the last2 week so ive been getting nausea and headaches at night  Are these red flags ? Should I go to A&E ? Are these brain tumour symptoms ?

Last reply
  • Ibrutinib

Hi everyone 😃 My mum is just about to start taking this drug and we were just wondering if anyone out there is also taking it ? Would love to her your experience pros and cons . Many thanks 

Last reply
  • Lump on tongue

I have a small lump on my tongue and some red patches. The GP thinks the lump  will clear up and is not concerned with the red patches. However, she said that if the lump  does not disappear that I should visit a dentist. Is this really the best advice for a tongue problem

Last reply
  • No response. 2nd time posting. Please help?

Hi i posted this originally in Lymphoma about a week ago and no response. Im really worried and can use some insight/opinions: Im 33 y/o male. A little background on me...I dont smoke, i drink socially (on occasion), my dad had stomach cancer and my grandma on his side had pancreatic cancer. I also...

Last reply
  • Doctor thought it was a migraine.

4 weeks ago I began to get headaches on one side of my head just dull throbbing and weakness in my right arm felt generally drained and all I could do was sleep and I saw a doctor and he said it is Migranes and the episode should pass shortly...2 weeks after it wasn’t any better and my entire right side...

Last reply
  • Fear of Brain Tumour

I have already posted this on the site in a different group, i thought id post it here aswell to reach more people Hello there, I just registered specifically for this issue that i am having. Im an 17 year old male, who's normally very healthy Over the last few months I have been having issues...

Last reply
  • Years of problems with tonsils

I have had issues with my tonsils for as long as I remember one is rather larger then the other one and I have a few solid feeling lymph nodes in neck I have had this for over 5 years and I have back and forth to the doctors who have never done a biopsy and put it all down to anxiety which I am anxious...

Last reply
  • Marriage after Testicular Cancer

Hello Friends,  I had testicular cancer in 2009, and cancer was spread to lungs, my only right testicle was removed, after that I had received 6 cycles of chemotherapy. now cancer is gone. I am fine and healthy now. due to chemotherapy I lost my hairs, it grows back now but thin and less....

Last reply
  • Stomach Cancer

My 37 year old boyfriend was diagnosed with stage 3 stomach cancer around this time last year. Doctor gave him 3 to 9 months to live. He was on a clinical trial and had a scan. It did not spread and stayed the same size. Now he is not receiving any kind of treatment and I am worried about how...

Last reply
  • Brain tumour fear

So so worried i bave a brain tumour...i have not felt well for the past year but the start of november i started to get body tremors all over the body head,legs,arms you name it these were constant.about a month ago ive started to have visual problems in both eyes its like there are millions of tiny...

Posted
  • Is it cancer?

I had a pimple like thing on my scalp.It used to itch a lot.One day,I accidentally scratched it too much and it started to bleed.The bleeding stopped and it was replaced with a scab.I have a scab picking habit.I uused to pick off the scab whenever it formed.I kept picking it off and it kept reforming...

Last reply
  • small black spot found on upper back

Found this earlier today, only 3-4mm i think, seems fairly new, other half found it.  Im going to get it checked as soon as I can get an appointment, but wondered if it was something anyone was familiar with.  I do a lot of hillwalking and initially we thought it might be a tick but on zooming...

Last reply
  • Scared of Lung cancer please help

Im alnkst 18 and im terrified of getting lung cancer. I have asthma and have breathed second hand smoke but never smoked. Its hard to breath lately. When i cry or blow my nose theres streaks of black in clear mucous , like charcoal or eyeliner colored. Is this lung cancer.

Last reply
  • Need Some Advice

I am 52 years old.  Post menopause.  Recently experiencing spotting, brown discharge, bloating, some pain.  My question to you all is when I experienced spotting, bloating etc. It felt like I was on my period, in fact for the last three months I could guess when I was going to experience...

Last reply
  • 23, worried I might have endometrial or ovarian cancer.

Hello, I’m a 23 year old woman. I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 17, and had surgery to remove a 13 pound cyst in my right ovary when I was 18.  I’ve always had irregular periods so I was put on birth control to make me regular. It worked on and off for a few years up until last March, ever...

Last reply
  • How do I tell my parents I think I have cancer?

Hi! I’m a teenager who had a lump on the knee for 5 months and has been experiencing aches around that knee and higher up in the leg. I can’t exactly pinpoint a location. In the last 24 hours the aches have gotten sharper. Bone cancer pain is supposed to get worse over time, so I’m convinced that’s what...

Last reply
  • MY RESULTS!

Can someone tell me if this looks ok? He said he wants to send me to an ENT to check on the submandibular though  , RESULTS BELOW 1. No abnormality seen in the right side of the neck at the site of the patient's clinical concern. 2. There is a 14 x 9 x 8 mm enhancing structure in the...

Last reply
  • Numbness and weakness after brain surgery

Hi all. I found out I had a tumour in my brain on 29 January 2016. It was located on the right, deep in the brain and pressed against the brain stem. I had brain surgery on the 10th of Feb and most of it was removed. A biopsy was done and the results are confusing stating that it could be a lesion caused...

Last reply
  • Could my mom have uterine cancer?

Hi everyone. I'm sorry if I am being a bother but I would love some advice.  My mother is 61 years old, post menopausal and has dealt with endometrial polyps her whole life. She finished treatment for stage 1 breast cancer last November and due to the chemotherapy, she started bleeding again...

Last reply
  • glomus jugulare tumour

Hi it is so great to find this site and read all these other comments as I have never been able to speak to anyone with this condition before. I actually have bi-lateral glomus jugulare tumours. My symptoms the same as everyone else-was 16 when diagnosed, first op (18 hours long) when I was 18 -had to...

Last reply
  • Tiny bump in neck and behind ear (guessing lymph node)

prayers needed! This all started a year ago with just a little knot on the back of my neck to maybe having cancer! Started off as a knot on the back of my head right where necks start on the bottom of head.. then I noticed I had a tiny knot in my neck. Did some research and cancer started to pop...

Last reply
  • Red growth on my upper chest thatkeeps coming back!

For the past 11 months i have this red spot that looks like a pimple at first but then daily it increases with size . its gotten so large almost covering my whole upper chest above my cleavage. My regular doctor assured me it was not ring worm and gave me son cortizone cream that helped. But it keeps...

Last reply
  • Worried and Advice Needed

Hi, My wife aged 50 has been suffering from blurred vision and floaters since last Wednesday. As she knew the GP would suggest getting her eyes checked out, she visited Specsavers and had their test and they could not find anything. They suggested seeing the doctor next day which she did so. The GP...

Last reply
  • post radical nephrectomy

I had Robotic assisted radical nephrectomy on Nov 1st, 2017. Clear cell carcinoma. Recovery has been a challenge. By Nov 8th, I had a complete physical and mental break down. Not something I have ever dealt with. After 3 days of sobbing, and processing, I came out the other side, well, much...

Last reply
  • Please I need opinions badly

I'm a female in her 30s. Don't smoke or drink. I do have GERD for the last 9 years and have been on omeprazole for it. For the last month and a half I have had this feeling of something in my throat. No swallowing difficulty as of yet. My throat is sore and my ear hurts. Also this lump feeling...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.