Please help

Posted , 1 user is following.

I am really scared and worried and wanted to seek some advice/ assurance / directions.

Around 10 months ago i had a massive tooth abcess where I ended up having to be put on two different types of anti biotics as the infection was so bad and the dentist even said it was a 'huge infection'.

This didn't work, they changed them and gave me another two courses.

Again, still didn't so I ended up having 8-9 courses of anti biotics, a root canal but 2 months later the infection resurfaced, suspected it never went.

I was placed on anti biotics again this time they did extraction.

When it was removed the infection was huge still, and I was advised it could take months to go and recover as it was that bad.

Around the time before I had the infection I had a check up and oral cancer screening, which was negative.

However around 4 weeks ago now I breathed some skin moisturiser by accident in that was in a spray can and the next day had a really bad sore throat and cough, was coughing up green mucus.

This lasted around 2 weeks before it eased.

I had a cough that slowly went and a tickle now and again but after 3 weeks that had gone.

But I found a lump on my right side of my neck, around the size of a baked bean, maybe smaller. Not painful.

I've checked and don't have any others.

It is on the side where I had the tooth infection.

I haven't lost any weight, I've checked this, I've not had any symptoms other than a rough voice on and off which comes and goes and that was only since I had that sore throat a few weeks ago which went.

I've not had any sore throat since either.

I still feel tender around the top of the gum I had the extraction but was told this would take a while to heal maybe even a year due to the size of the abcess.

Am I okay to think the node swollen being on the side i had the infection of the face it's to do with that?

Could it be still going down by how bad it was or could it mean I still have an infection in my gum? I know you can't say but liklihood would be helpful.

Otherwise do I need to get an ultrasound scan done?

I'm really really scared, I try not to Google but it is terrifying me.

Sometimes the node feels smaller than other times, its strange. It is completely smooth also, and a even shape.

It's at the side of the neck at the back which reading is the nodes connected to dental.

Please help

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

absolutely disgusted at this forum.

posted this two weeks ago and not a single reply, not even someone offering any advice, suggestions or reassurance.

what a crap site clearly full of people who don't care.

will be removing my account.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.