Does anyone have any

Comments / suggestions welcome

I'm on 20mg

Thank yall

2 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

• Posted

I'm same

Now embracing the wakings and just chilling thinking "Oh look - another 5 hours tll i have to get up"...

Then...

"Oh look - another 4 1/2 hours till i have to get up"...

Then...

You get the picture...

I do actually get to sleep for a few hours initially and then possibly 40 mins out of every hour after this, but it does take its toll!

• Posted

It certainly does richo it plays on you

Just lying there wondering and hoping your going to fall back asleep

But instead you look at the bedside clock time and time again

Then argue with yourself about how you need to sleep and the time is going fast /

It's a mad moment to be in all sorts

Run through your head and each day your looking for a solution to the problem lol

• Posted

Yep - like i said, now i just expect it, i dont worry about it, it has got slightly better now im on week 7, maybe shorter duration awake each time (though seems to be more often).

I have a still neck and a bad back - these wake me a bit, then the Fluoxetine does the rest.

I am getting chirpier tho...

A little up and down, but mainly up!

• Posted

I was like this but it passed but so did the good effect it was having too sad up to 40mg and that was a mistake for me
    • Posted

Oh Rachel sorry to hear that

Just when you were getting somewhere and boom

Was this because you upped the dose ? What are you on now

• Posted

I'm back to 20 and the crazy is lessening thank god. I just hope when 20 settles in I'll be OK. I'm in fear of been alone sad
  • Posted

I am on day 27, and have found that my sleep is barely disrupted. However, I do think I am having more times when I feel a little better, most of the other side effects have lessened now and it is worth it to have even an hour or so of of "normality". I am hoping that the sleep problems will ease over time as I certainly don't want to have to take s keeping tablets too. Good luck and stick with it. I don't lie there stressing, I get up, make a decaf tea and listen to the radio. Try not to use a computer, tablet or TV in the night as they are too stimulating.
  • Posted

Just an update folks on how things

Have been so far. it will be 8 weeks this

Thursday since I started flu @ a dose

Of 20mg

I am sleeping better since being prescribed

The amitriptayline although I do still wake up early but only fewer times and more than usual I can fall back asleep

I've had good days so something is working

Compared to the way I was . Appetite is back whether the amitriptayline is the cause or not I don't know its welcome anyway

Some days I do still feel tired , lethargic

Can't be bothered etc . Anxiety is there

Just not at a heightened level . Also some

Racing thoughts but overall it's liveable

I'm hoping this will eventually even out

As I've seen an improvement in mood etc

It's just when you have an off day and you end up thinking That this shouldn't happen

Etc . Is this Normal having good periods

Followed by bad periods .

Thanks in advance

Daz

• Posted

Yes Day. . at least it is for .me anyway...

I am having bad hours or part days now. Sleeping is better but not perfect yet. Week 11 now and week 5 on 40mg..

Getting there now...my sense of humour is back...yay!

• Posted

Daz. ..not Day...silly auto correct
    • Posted

Glad to hear richo

It's 1 heck of a roller coaster ride

im hoping things improve further

ie good continuous days with minimal

Anxious / dread , feelings . I've had good days only to be met by a crash

Of bad days then you start to panic

About all sorts . Was you on 20mg for

6 weeks ? Before upping to 40mg

What was that like side effect wise etc

Cheers richo

• Posted

Hi Daz

I was on 20mg for over 4 weeks then raised my dose to 30 for about 10 days by having 20mg and 40mg on alternate days.

The side effects when raising doses were similar but not quite as bad as when I started...

But I'm almost there and my daughters are much happier with me now too.

• Posted

Glad to hear richo long may it continue
    • Posted

We will see..

If the bad days stop... who knows yet!

• Posted

Hi, I stumbled across this - I hope nobody minds.. I'm at the beginning of the journey and not doing very well... Started Fluoxetin yesterday... May I ask how you all are now? Does it get better? Reading a lot of disheartening posts from people months in and wondering if I'll ever get my life back... Thank you xx
    • Posted

Hi Katy, I am now 5 weeks in on 20mg Fluoxetine, I struggled with it at the start, but I am VERY glad that I have stuck with it, I am having many more good days, still a few periods of feeling down and tired, but generally they have helped me a great deal. Good luck with your journey xxx
    • Posted

Alice, thank you - I really needed to hear that. Keep it up... Thank you xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.