Skip to content
Ad

Fluoxetine

Also known as Prozac

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

• Lack of sleep

Hi due to me not sleeping because of shift work. My mind was racing at hyperdrive stopping me from sleeping so my doctor recently prescribe me one 20mg twice a day of fluoxetin. One of the symptoms I'm noticing it makes me very drowsy. I'm also taking a half a sleeping pill at night. Is feeling...

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Kindred spirits!!

Its amazing!! We don't know each other but somehow we've become friends through coming to this group and sharing our experience s!! I'm from Sussex by the way I've seen over the weeks how we've. all improved from where we all were many weeks ago .l love you guys , and as Dawn said...

Last reply
  • Fluoxetine and insomnia?

Hi, for my first 10 days or so on this medication i was sleeping fine, although i was getting very bad side effects in other ways, but now i cannot seem to stay asleep at all and feel exhausted when i wake up. Is this common with fluoxetine? I'm starting to feel better in regards to anxiety, but...

Last reply
  • Flouxotine

Been on 20mg flou for 10 days now.. for anxiety almost feel worse , does this happen? How long before i find any relief 🤔

Last reply
  • which would be the Best Antidepressant to help during menopause?

So i have been battling depression and now pretty debilitating anxiety for about 8 months now. Battling against going on an antidepressant as ive tried one- zoloft and hated it- lasted 3 days. Tried trazadone - 1 night- 25 mg, and was zombie liike the next day So for these reasons I am really resistant...

Last reply
  • Happy days ahead!!

Hi ladies !! Lovely to hear your all feeling better !!! Knew we would! All your posts are great and positive and all so different from the early days!! I'm feeling souch better on my increase 5 weeks in , yes we will all have our off days , but we know the road is bumpy , but we find the straight...

Last reply
  • Lack of sleep

Hi due to me not sleeping because of shift work. My mind was racing at hyperdrive stopping me from sleeping so my doctor recently prescribe me one 20mg twice a day of fluoxetin. One of the symptoms I'm noticing it makes me very drowsy. I'm also taking a half a sleeping pill at night. Is feeling...

Posted
  • Increased dosage to 40mg

Hi I have spoken to my GP tonight after experiencing anxiety and a general flat feeling. I have been taking 20mg of Fluoxetine since the middle of June. For 4 weeks I suffered awful side effects but persevered and felt better and better each day. However I have continued to feel flat, and slightly disengaged,...

Last reply
  • Anxiety feeling in the morning, on wakening

Hi there, I am new to this forum, I have been on Fluxotine now for 6 weeks, but still I wake up with overwhelming anxiety, I have cut myself off from family and friends, I am off sick as the anxiety is so overwhelming, just want this feeling to go away.

Last reply
  • Increased anxiety with Prozac - please help!

Hi, I started Prozac 12 days ago for OCD and related anxiety etc'. Started gradually at 10mg, increasing every 4 days by another 10mg. Now on 30mg and tomorrow will reach 40mg. In general, my anxiety has increased. Strangely, I feel that each time I increase the dosage I have 1.5 better days and...

Last reply
  • I’m terrified I feel like I’m dying someone help!

I was recently prescribed Fluoxetine to manage my anxiety. For the first week my dr had me on 10mg once a day and all was fine and well, then for the second week I was to up to 20mg once a day.. that’s when all hell broke loose.  For the last four days I have been having heart palpitations, nausea,...

Last reply
  • fluoxetine increase

Please tell me this is normal day 11 of increase, 20 mg to 30mg, shakey one day, not the next,  comes & goes, more anxious than before I increased the dosage,  feel like I can't catch my breath,  sweaty, haven't Been to work going on two weeks, 

Last reply
  • day 13 fluoxetine

hi, im now on day 13 of fluoxetine and was told by my gp that  would get worse before feeling better. i have been feeling really rubbish, nausea, fatigue but am willing to stick it out to feel better. had a review yesterday and gp said its too early yet. i did feel a little better a couple of days...

Last reply
  • Side effects settling but still down and also slow heart rate

Hi guys This is my 4th week on fluox 3 wks 10mg 2 days 15mg. First i would just like to say it is so true what everyone in here says, the side effects get better. I felt so so awful when i first started. Dizzy, tired to the point my eyes were closing, anxious, headache i had it all.  Its all getting...

Last reply
  • Day 7.... Help?!?

On day 7 and my anxiety has been almost tangible today with an increased heart rate. Is this normal? On 20mg once a day? Xxxxx

Last reply
  • Strange Fluoxetine side effects

Hi everyone. Started to take Fluoxetine just over 2 weeks ago after being prescribed them for depression and anxiety. I'm hoping it will get better with time, but at the moment I'm feeling so tired constantly, and like I've lost all my motivation. I'm also feeling quite self conscious...

Last reply
  • Worst anxiety, agitation, irritable, fluoxetine

Not getting any better on fluoxetine, I have missed a few doses and not been taking them at regular times, started on 10mg first two weeks then 20mg following two weeks, feel worse, started on October 4th, phone doctor, not my usual doctor and he wants me to change citalopram. Should I give fluoxetine...

Last reply
  • There's hope on floux !!!!

Hi all, just to say there's light at the end of the tunnel!! 4 th week on increase now and feeling good!! First 3 weeks awful !! Hold on in there peeps, it does improve ! Yiu won't be on a huge high or anything like that, just you realise that you can function in a normal way !!!! Please take...

Last reply
  • Feeling Bad today 😢

So tired.....I’ve been bk on the flux for 28days prior started in April, stopped in Aug....back on again, I know ppl say it can take months, I know during this process I have had good weeks! Not just days, but why oh why can’t I just have my life back without this feeling??? It all started this time...

Last reply
  • my fluoxetine journey

I started these tablets 3 days ago now 20 mg and i just thought i would start a post mainly for myself so i can see my progress and if i can help others who start them in the future too. So i take the tablet early in the morning as i read on here you can suffer with being kept awake at night as one of...

Last reply
  • Hot & Jittery

I started 10 mg Prozac 2 1/2 weeks ago.  I took it many years ago w/o success but decided to try again because of the variables on dosing.  I was told that I could increase to 20 mg after 4-5 days if not feeling better, so I did.  I have been taking the 20 mg for 1 1/2 weeks and w/in the...

Last reply
  • Increased anxiety fluoxetine

Hi, I am have unpredictable days, I feel so anxious today, it reminates on the stomach, I don't want to eat, I am two weeks on 10mg, 2 weeks on 20mg.

Last reply
  • Fluoxetine & sudden extreme tiredness

Hi All, Have been on 20mg fluoxetine since beginning of December. I found it worked almost straightaway mentally and felt brilliant. I did suffer a lot of nausea and was shaky and struggled to sleep but I could handle it because I felt so much better mentally. Then everything balanced out, my appetite...

Last reply
  • Starting Prozac - switching from Celexa

Good morning! After a year and a half on Celexa and no real improvement I’m switching to Prozac starting  ASAP. I’m wondering for those who have been on Prozac if it’s better to  start  taking it in the morning or the evening? I take Celexa in the morning but I’m wondering if I should...

Last reply
  • Fluoxentine 30mg

Hi all, I just up my dose to 30mg today after 4 weeks of 20mg. My doc asked me how I feel and if I have fully recovered. I told him I am 90% recovered but there is still something I felt is abnormal , like my body cannot come to relax completely). She up my dose to 30mg. I hope I will be able to fully...

Last reply
  • increase in prozac side effects

Hi, I stated on prozac 10 mg 19 yrs ago recently my dr upped my dose to 20 mg for 2 months without any problems,  now for the last 5 days I've been taking 30 mg 20 in the am & 10 in the pm, I'm having a terrible time adjusting, anxious,  dizzy,hotflashes,. nauseous,  please...

Last reply
  • Not Eating, feeling so weak...

Will i ever get better? I haven't ate properly  for a while, I feel very weak, and have the runs because of it, its been five weeks since restarting Flux, Im so tired of fighting this, will i ever be the same again......  I tell myself I will....But what if? This is torture, my life is...

Last reply
  • Struggling so bad with fluoxetine

Hi im now day 16 and i feel asif the side effects ate getting worse. The nausea is awful my whole body aches and feels weak. My head feels foggy. I feel so so tired and dizzy.  Can anyone tell me when these sideeffects are likely to get better? Im only taking 10mg and im wondering if it is even...

Last reply
  • 6 days on prozac, feel more suicidal than normal, intense anger

Hey - I know that it says you should contact a medical professional immediately on the bottle if you feel suicidal. But I never act on it, it's just one of the symptoms of my depression. However, since taking 20 mg of prozac (for 6 days now), those feelings have really intensified. I am also angry...

Last reply
  • Rapid weight loss in prozac

I’ve  taking Prozac since the beginning of September. Started on 10 mg. Then got up to 20 after four weeks and now I’m taking 40 mg once a day. I have lost 30 pounds.  I have no appetite whatsoever. I’m extremely thirsty, all I can drink is water. I don’t even think about food. And for me that’s...

Last reply
  • Fluoxetine mood up and down

Hi I am just at the beginning of this drug, mood is up and down, some days I am crying and feel hopeless like today which lasts about 4ish days, then I am OK (not happy) for another 4ish days. Does this mean the med is going to work?

Last reply
  • Prozac and generic fluoxetine

just thought I would share my experience of this as, when I looked it up on internet, could find nothing. I started off on generic fluoxetine 20mg. After relatively mild initial side effects, was working well. Really started to feel more like myself again. However, after dodgy experiences on different...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.