Skip to content

Fluoxetine

Also known as Prozac

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Help help help

Hi everyone ok well I have been on fluoxitine for six weeks now at 20mg and I am really feeling fed up as don't feel like I am seeing any improvement also on propanalol 10mg x2 when will things get better 😭😭😭

Last reply
  • Mornings anxiety what it's like for me

Morning anxiety I just wanted to describe how I feel and see if anyone can relate- I wake at 4am suddenly may have woken before but 4am it is when all hell let's loose. I feel like my brain is on fire feelings of panic hop less Ness and v nauseous feel like I am shaking inside very tired but when...

Last reply
  • Help needed for ongoing setback!

Hi all , last two weeks I've been anxiety back. Trying to work through it as before by not letting it get to me and doing usual things , even on hol! Thing is I've been on 60 mg floux increase last DEC with after the few bad weeks , have felt good !! Now feel I've slid back , any advice please!?...

Last reply
  • Fluoxetine Chest Pain

I’ve been on Fluoxetine for 5 months and still keep getting chest pains. It mainly feels like it’s at the top of my chest I also get occasional stabbing pains in the top of my arms. Has anyone else experience this

Last reply
  • Please don’t give up on it

I just want to tell everyone to give this medicine 12 weeks unless you absolutely cannot tolerate the side effects. It takes so long to see improvement, and for many weeks you feel worse.  I felt awful for at least 8-9 weeks, with little improvement.  Now in week 11, I definitely see improvement....

Last reply
  • Fluoxetine and matazapian

HI I am on 10mg prozac, cannot sleep at night with the anxiety, so have started taking a very small dose of mitazapine with it, it helps, anyone on the same combination, at all thanks,

Last reply
  • 10mg

HI I am on week 2 of 10mg, am I the only one on low dose, ?

Posted
  • Week 1 - Panicky and Chest Tightness

Hey Guys, hoping some of you can give me some encouragement. Its day 6 for me on 20mg. Used to take it at night, but switched to first thing in the morning. Every night after work around 6:30-8:30 I have a mental breakdown and cry, I get all the emotions and just feel like complete s**t. It brews for...

Last reply
  • Advice.

is Fluoxetine a antidepressant that is very activating. I have been 20mgs of it for six weeks today.  The only side effects I have are no appetite and horrible anxiety. I need to take .25 Klonopin every morning could use more but I am afraid of addiction. I have had 3 periods this week of feeling...

Posted
  • Upped dose prozac fluxotine from 20mg to 30mg

Hi all had the most worse day of my life again been on 20mg fluxotine 11 weeks was upped by my doctor to 30mg I feel terrible absolutely riddled in anxiety feel so overwhelmed by everything is this normal when upping dose feel like I'm never going to get better feeling like giving up on everything!!!please...

Last reply
  • 38 days on Fluoxetine 20mg

I had seven hours yesterday afternoon till 11:00 at night of feeling like myself again. I didn’t want to go to bed. I woke up this morning at 6:00 am with horrible panic and anxiety. Will the good feelings come back again, feeling so discouraged this morning.

Last reply
  • Heavy eyes?

Hi all! I’m new here.  I’m in week 4 of 20 mg of Fluoxetine. I take it around 7:00 every night.  Have any of you experienced heavy eyes, sleepiness during the day? My eyes feel heavy almost all the time.  For those of you who had heavy eyes, did it let up? All my other side effects have...

Last reply
  • 6 Month Update.. Stay with it!!

Just thought I would give an update, so many people only post their first few weeks experiences and forget to actually come back once its working and report back so you mainly only see negative experiences on here... So bottom line..  I feel Great!!  For me I would say around 8-12 weeks I...

Last reply
  • Raised dose

Hi all well after a miserable few days my doctor has said that my dose needs to be raised from 20mg to 40mg I have had an awful day today please tell me this gets better

Last reply
  • Generic brand

HI I am on week 2 of fluoxetine, 10mg, it's a green capsules with C28 on ,not feeling any better at the moment, still bad anxiety, rushing to loo, doe,s anyone no if this a good capsule to be on , or are there better one,s thank you

Last reply
  • Day 12

Day 12 , really thinking of giving it up, prozac 10mg, have shakeing rapid heart beats , cart sleep, cart eat, already lost 10 lb from going on escitalopram 10 weeks ago, rapid thoughts and music in head are worse , when I lay down to sleep they come, won't go, so up and down all night, have...

Last reply
  • Clomazapine for ssri withdrawal

I came off Sertraline 8 weeks ago but I have been getting bad withdrawal symptoms. I have been prescribed clomazapine to help with the withdrawal. What are the side effects of clomazapine? I have been getting some agitation and sleep disturbance recently. Is this normal? Also, is this drug addictive?...

Posted
  • 6 Months In on 20 mg.

Hi I haven't posted in a while but thought I would like to share my experience on 20 mg Fluoxetine.  I started the med in late November so I am now 6 month in. i haven't missed a dose and I take it first thing in the morning during breakfast. I experienced very bad side effects initially...

Last reply
  • Fluoxetine and sleeping tablets?

Hi all,  I am currently on day 12 of 20mg of Fluoxetine, Think I'm starting to get over the worst of the side affects I had last week, but still suffering badly, I think I need a good nights sleep to help me, currently only getting one or two hours at a time, and waking up with massive anxiety,...

Last reply
  • Changed medication

HI was on escitalopram, 5mg, now one prozac 10mg, every little noise or load noise is making me have a very rapid heartbeat, didn't have it on escitalopram, also weeing all the time more mornings, waking up at 2pm, nearly hypoventilation, in bathroom , I hope I am on the right dose, lost all...

Last reply
  • Prozac withdrawal

I recently stop taking the prozac 40 mg. I went cold turkey. It's been 4 weeks and I went through headaches, vomiting and dizziness. Even though I don't see a change of mental state. I notice I have been getting weird dreams. The dream can be very depressing. Is that some of the side effects?...

Posted
  • Withdrawal symptoms?

Hi, I'm new on here so please bear with me! Until tonight I was seriously starting to think I had some kind of brain tumour or something hideous. I stumbled upon this site and am hoping for some info and advice. I had been on 20mg of fluoxetine for severe pmt for about a year until this past Xmas....

Last reply
  • 5 weeks & anxious

Hi, I’m in 20 mg for 5 weeks, switched from citalopram after several years as it didn’t seem to be working as I am perimenopausal, I was starting to feel better after initial side effects, I have also got my period yesterday & last few days my anxiety has been off the scale, don’t know where it’s...

Last reply
  • New to Prozac.....

Hi everyone, As the title suggests I'm new to Prozac, 1 week today to be precise. I would really like to hear some success stories (I find reading positive stories about a drug help me), they don't have to be in depth, just a simple .... 'yes they worked' 'took X amount of time to...

Last reply
  • Tired out mornings on prozac

HI day 5 on prozac, find it hard to wake up in the mornings, and then I lay on sofa take my 10mg and go back to sleep again, also hot on them, I am menopausel, doctor said they would help my flushes but not yet, would love to hear story's of people on 10mg and if it worked for menopausel trouble...

Last reply
  • Week 10 feeling worse prozac I give up

This is nearly week 10 now on prozac I carnt do this anymore feels like the medication is actually causing my anxiety to be more severe and I just carnt cope anymore I haven't really had any good days on this drug looks like I'm going to have to re think my options any advice I would appreciate...

Last reply
  • Should I go back on Fluoxetine/prozac?

I was on prozac for 4 years and it made me have no anxiety issues when I was on it, I stopped it because when I was on it I noticed I had sexual difficulties with a woman, but when I was off it the severe anxiety returned, I then tried nearly every other ssri over the last few years but they all caused...

Last reply
  • Day 6

HI anyone started to feel better on 10mg fluoxetine , I am day 6, doctor said keep on this for 4 weeks, but I think I mite need to updose next week, not sure , thank you

Last reply
  • Fluoxitine and propanalol

Hi all well after a really rough week I went to the doctors this morning.  Been on fluoxitine for four weeks and five days and was still getting really bad anxiety attacks.  The doctor has prescribed 10mg of propanalol to be taken twice a day has anyone else had experience with these two meds...

Last reply
  • Anxiety in morning

Hi, I'm taking Fluoxetine for anxiety. I'm on day 16 and I take it as soon as I wake up (about 5 or 6am). From day 2 to day 11 I was feeling anxious all day (more than before I started the pills), fuzzy head and was only getting about 3 hours sleep every night. The last three nights I've...

Last reply
  • It's all in the chest

Rapid heart beat all in the chest on prozac, doe,s it ever go, did anyone loss there appertight, at all, have changed from escitalopram yesterday, but I did,nt have the chest thing on escitalopram, would like to hear storys of prozac that has worked on 10mg

Posted
  • Bad dreams

HI only been on proazc 4 days and having bad dreams , about family I am on 10mg, should I lower dose to 5mg, also back pain along the bottom, please could anyone let me no if they had dreams , or do they ever go away, thank you

Posted
  • 20 weeks now on fluoxetine undecided if to up the dose

Just looking for some opinions on what people would do. As a lot of you may know due to all my frantic posts on this forum I have been suffering with anxiety and depression now since the beginning of jan and I had a breakdown which led me to start 20mg of fluoxetine and 80mg propranolol still on both....

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.