Skip to content

Fluoxetine

Also known as Prozac

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Zoloft to Prozac! Experiences? Stories? Share away.

I’ve been on Zoloft for 4 years and recently I’ve had depression and anxiety again, no fun Since January, my primary just increased my dose twice and I am frustrated because nothing changed. I finally had a psych appt and I’m not giving Prozac a try and cross tapering over the next 6 weeks! Nervous...

Posted
  • Week 10 on Prozac

So I started at 20 mg for 4 weeks, then my dr upped me to 40 mg for 3 weeks, then 60 for 2 weeks, and now I am at 80 mg for the past 10 days. I am still  experiencing horrible anxiety, severe OCD especially the obsessive component, and crying spells and sadness. Is this normal? I felt fine after...

Last reply
  • Side effects fluoxetine

I have been taking 10mg fluoxetine for a week now and start to feel worse instead of better. I know it takes time for your body to get used to it, so I'm hoping this will change. But my question is,... Can fluoxetine also cause more frequent urination? This is what I am really afraid of because I...

Last reply
  • 18 days since last prozac fise

Is it normal to have ZERO appetite & wake with pounding heartbeat & shaky?  Appetite will come back in dvening & I eat as much as I can. Feel almost normal again in the evenings but then afraid to go to bed knowing that it’s a cycle that will continue again in the morning.  Was...

Last reply
  • changing from Effexor to Prozac

Hi, I'm in the process of switching from effexor xr (75mgs) to Prozac (20mgs). Has anyone done this and had a good experience? I suffer from anxiety and am worriied I have a rough road ahead of me. I'm wondering what I'm in for. Will my anxiety get worse? Will I have withdrawals from Effexor?...

Last reply
  • Success stories?

Does anyone have any positive stories/ success stories about Fluoxetine? It's been a tough few weeks and I'm getting worried that the medication isn't working so well. I've had a lot of side effects: nausea, lost weight, vomited, heightened anxiety, heart palpitations, sweating, hot...

Last reply
  • On fluoxetine 10mg for 2 weeks will it get better

Hi all I'm currently on 10mg of fluoxetine for my terrible anxiety and panick attacks in at week 2 and feeling awful shaky headaches sweating feeling unreal it's awful just wanna curl up and hide please tell me it gets better I'm struggling thanks

Last reply
  • 18yr old daughter having a hard time since Prozac mg. increase.

My 18yr old daughter started taking Prozac in spring of 2017.  She started on 10mg and increased to 20mg about a month later.  It worked well up until this past May.  She said she felt it wasn't working as well around the first of the year and this spring she totally bottomed out. ...

Last reply
  • Fluoxetine and CBD oil to cure anxiety?

Hi all, my anxiety has been through the roof lately since arriving on holiday. Its been out of my control and today i was recommended CBD oil from holland and Barratt so i bought it to try and sort me out whilst on holiday. I don't know anything about it, is it safe with fluoxetine? Also is it safe...

Last reply
  • Fluoxetine - any one in a similar situation?

A number of years ago I had a breakdown and was put on 30mg fluoxetine with time out from work and counselling.  I recovered and was off the tablets after about a year.  A year later I had a resurgence of anxiety and so was put on 20mg citalopram.  I tried a couple of others, but eventually...

Last reply
  • Anxiety on prozac

Week 12, on 10mg, prozac is not helping my anxiety, still shakeing have a like wobbly rapid heart beat, bad dreams, tired to updose sweating worse dreams worse, joint aches worse, is there any medication to take with it as doctors today, diazapan I have got but doe,s nothing thank you

Last reply
  • Feeling worse after 6 weeks on Fluoxetine.....is this normal??

Hi ​I started 20mg fluoxetine 6.5 weeks ago, and increased to 40mg 2 weeks ago.  I am starting to feel worse the past few days, anxiety is awful, low mood and no energy at all.  Is it normal to feel this at this point? as I thought I would be improving, not getting worse.  Should I stick...

Last reply
  • I’m so tired.

This is my 18th week on Prozac. The last 2 on 30 mg after dropping down from 40mg.  I ve had a bad throat infection, so that hasn’t helped but I am so very tired Does this ever go away?  My immune system feels as though it’s drained !! How do I recover?  This is so not me!!!!!

Last reply
  • how long it would take for fluoxetine to kick in ?

I have been experiencing anxiety for a long long time. I think it started when i was a kid as i was a very shy kid and felt very uncomfortable being around with people. I started using Fluoxetine about 7 week ago. i started with 20mg until 5th week and up my dose to 40mg. this is my 7th week(2nd on 40mg)...

Last reply
  • Just started 10 mg of Prozac

Hi-long story short, got off of lexapro about a week ago and Started Cymbalta about 16 days ago (cross tapered) Started at 20 mg for a week and 30 mg for a week. I was feeling really jittery so my doc lowered it to 20 mg and added 10 mg of prozac. I don’t do well with high doses, so she thought that...

Last reply
  • Fluoxetine for PMDD/PMS

Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone has been prescibed this medication for terrible pre-menstrual symptoms. I am a happy, out-going and smiley person most of the time. The way I'm feeling now, I am fine - not depressed, irrational, weepy, angry, etc. However a week before my period I turn into...

Last reply
  • Help

Hi all firstly I'm glad to have found a chat forum for Prozac . I'm on day 4 now and the side effects are insane . Yesterday was the worst yet , I'm not eating and have very bad diarrhoea. I'm also on quetiapine aswell , I was taking sertraline but that didn't agree with me so the...

Last reply
  • Fluoxetine and Tickly Cough!

Hi all, just a thought really, and wondered if anyone else had suffered with a really tickly cough whilst taking Flux? I have been on 20mg now for 5 months and got over most of the traumatic side effects by about week 6, however I still have a few occasionally and I have a very tickly dry throat mainly...

Last reply
  • Flushes on prozac

HI week 11, 12mg working up to 15mg, I am menopausal but more hot on prozac everyday, plus slight treamberling, will this go away, worse in society situation than you,

Last reply
  • Switching medication

Hi All, I’m new to this site but I’m hoping to get some support as I feel I really need it right now. In the last week I’ve switched from Citalapram 40mg to Fluxotine 20mg. I reduced the Cit to 20 mg for a few days then went straight to the flux as I can’t bare the side effects reducing the meds gives...

Last reply
  • FLUOXETINE UPDATE .....HOPE

Hi I thought i would just write and share my experiences to give a little hope to those who have just started fluoxetine and are suffering from the awful side effects... Hang in there! i am 6 months in now and i cannot believe how my life has changed, im laughing every day, i love my job im enjoying...

Last reply
  • Fluoxetine

Been taking them for 2 days and I feel absolutely horrendous, like I have the flu so I’ve stopped them. I was sceptical about taking them in the first place as haven’t been diagnosed with Anxiety.  How long to get out my system? I’ve had 2x 20mg tablets. I couldn’t sleep last night because every...

Last reply
  • Prozac and thoughts

HI I am on 10mg feeling worse week 11, more intrusive thoughts feels as though my mind is totally blocked, sweating more already menopausel, also joints ache more lower back wrists, have gone down to 5mg today, not sure what to do, any stories would love it hear,

Last reply
  • Prozac 5mg only

HI is anyone on only 5mg of prozac, and had success, I feel prozac is not helping my anxiety at all, I am week 11, many thanks would love to hear story's of people's experience on prozac

Last reply
  • Week 11 soon, on prozac not sure,

HI coming up to week 11, soon 10mg ,having blurred vision, music songs none stop in my head, aching joints, dreams, tryed to updose to 15mg, bad temple pains and dreams worse, has anyone stayed on 10mg and got well at all, the music in my head is the worse thing, waiting to see a psychiatrist, not sure...

Last reply
  • My SSRI/PROZAC Success Story

I don’t find a lot of positive stories about antidepressants, or I find stories where people are taking the antidepressant the wrong way.   I wanted to share my experience.  A positive one.   I’ve had generalized anxiety disorder, SEVERE OCD, and panic disorder for as long as I can...

Last reply
  • Help needed please

I am 46 & in Jan this year, the AD the had been on for 3 years seemed to stop working, this seemed to coincide with peri menopause symptoms, including bad anxiety & low mood, I started on Fluouxetine 11 weeks & after bad side effects to start, I felt better & was confident they were working,...

Last reply
  • Should I stay or should I go?

I’m on my 17th week of Prozac   I recently stepped down from 40mg to 30mg. Previously on 30mg with a number of really good days. That all stopped with the increased dose and after a month I’m back on 30mg  This past week has been terrible. I am so tired and anxious plus I have really bad TMJ. ...

Last reply
  • Cold Turkey fluoxetine 20mg

been about 16 days since been off 20mg fluoxetine I have been weening off them for 4 weeks been on them for 3 months previsouly . Has anyone got any side effects?! I seemed fine then last week been getting buzzy zap head things  does it got away anyone had the same

Last reply
  • Day 8 on Fluoxetine.

Hi I’m on day 8, and my symptoms are - Diarrhea  - Feeling like my eyes are heavy or tired just like I’m out of it. Or kinda dizzy. - International shakiness  - Feeling like a zombie - Waking up with anxiety  - Feeling warm sometimes  - Feeling my heart beating   Are these...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.