Skip to content
Ad

Fluoxetine

Also known as Prozac

All discussions in this group

Next
  • week 7 on fluoxetine - no hope

Really not happy with the progress on the fluoxetine, I'v been on 20mg now for 7 weeks and was hoping to be back to my normal self by now. I am also on 80mg propranolol. Is it too early days to change the dosage or meds really hoping for more improvement. Thanks

Last reply
  • i suffer anxiety badly

ive bin suffering anxiety an depression as a result of being ill in april this yr ive just come out of hospital from suffering with not being able to swollow a lump feeling in my throat an heartburn im very scared ive bin on fluoxetine 3mnths but av just ad my dose upped to 20mgs does the lump feeling...

Last reply
  • changing from Effexor to Prozac

Hi, I'm in the process of switching from effexor xr (75mgs) to Prozac (20mgs). Has anyone done this and had a good experience? I suffer from anxiety and am worriied I have a rough road ahead of me. I'm wondering what I'm in for. Will my anxiety get worse? Will I have withdrawals from Effexor?...

Last reply
  • Increased Prozac for 6 days then went back down...

Hi everyone. I suffer from anxiety and panic disorder. Prozac really saved my life and I've been on it for 3.5 years. A month ago, my generic script changed...cue the anxiety! Reassured by the pharmacist that they're all the same. Wrong...I had some up and down anxiety again. Well it became bad...

Last reply
  • Fluoxetine apetite and weight changes..

Hi all... I lost around 4 kg or 8 lbs in 22 days of taking fluoxetine. Is it normal? I am sort of afraid to eat...and my appetite was completely lost... I need your opinion on this... You had weight loss yourself and how much? You have any idea how much is normal to loose weight? And when the appetite...

Last reply
  • Fluoxetine 3rd time round.

This is the 3rd time on Fluoxetine. The first time years ago , no side effects, but good results.The second time, a few years later, 3 weeks of mild side effects then good results. This time terrible side effects after 1st week. Im on week 5 now and cant wait for improvements x

Last reply
  • Increased anxiety with Prozac - please help!

Hi, I started Prozac 12 days ago for OCD and related anxiety etc'. Started gradually at 10mg, increasing every 4 days by another 10mg. Now on 30mg and tomorrow will reach 40mg. In general, my anxiety has increased. Strangely, I feel that each time I increase the dosage I have 1.5 better days and...

Last reply
  • Change to original Prozac - combined with stressful life event

Hi All. After 12 weeks on generic Fluoxetine (Prohexal) 20mg, My doctor and I decided to try the original medication to see if it gets rid of my niggly side effects still lingering as well as some residual depressive symptoms such as flat affect. I think I improved about 70% with the generic but I am...

Last reply
  • Anti depressant medication

Hi I was prescribed Fluoxetine (40mg per day) for the last 2 years. Prior to taking the medication, aside from the usual depression symptoms I had horrible headaches almost daily. When I started the medication the headaches stopped and I rarely had a headache at all. I have now stopped taking Fluoxetine....

Last reply
  • Prozac & neck pain/tightness

I've been taking it daily since July.19 and I'm 16 a walk-in doctor suggested it to me because I have severe anxiety because I left a gang now Im scared whenever I go out I'm gonna get jumped which is probably a big factor and I had the same problem in it but less hard on me but I left before...

Last reply
  • fluoxetine sexual dysfunction !

Hi everyone im a male of 31 i was on fluoxetine for about 4 years on 60mg this was until about 7/8 months ago although they worked very well infact there the best anti-d ive ever had and i must of been on them all as im 31 now and been on anti-d's sinse i was 18 , in my opinion they worked the best...

Last reply
  • 6 days in to fluoxetine when will I see improvement help!!!

Hi every one Iv just come of mirt after havin bad nitemares and becoming very depressed again, after giving it a go for 18 mth, but just no good to me.. I went to see my doc last week in a flood of tears as I couldn't stand the depression any more.. he's put me on fluoxetine to see how I go,...

Last reply
  • Thread for New Flu Users! Let's Support Eachother ❤️

Day 15 here. Have/had almost every single SE you can think of. Anxiety, nervousness, sweating, shaking, diarreah, insomnia, tension headache, oh and here's a fun one! My feet are constantly ice cold (despite being 20-30 degrees here in Canada) and they sweat. Like crazy 😭😭 Anyways,...

Last reply
  • New to Prozac.....

Hi everyone, As the title suggests I'm new to Prozac, 1 week today to be precise. I would really like to hear some success stories (I find reading positive stories about a drug help me), they don't have to be in depth, just a simple .... 'yes they worked' 'took X amount of time to...

Last reply
  • Fluoxetine & sudden extreme tiredness

Hi All, Have been on 20mg fluoxetine since beginning of December. I found it worked almost straightaway mentally and felt brilliant. I did suffer a lot of nausea and was shaky and struggled to sleep but I could handle it because I felt so much better mentally. Then everything balanced out, my appetite...

Last reply
  • Been on fluoxetine 7 months now

Hi guys just really struggling I thought I was in the road to recovery but I have came on holiday and I have been here about four hours and I feel so ill feel like iv gone back to the start and I feel close to having another breakdown. Iv been sick, feeling panicky, rushes, negative thoughts and worries,...

Last reply
  • Been taking Fluoxetine 8 months

Any advice appreciated , I've been taking Fluoxitine since Christmas week ( 8mths ) for the last 4 mths 60mg, and though the panic attacks have gone I'm suffering from muscle tension, I cant relax because I'm holding myself stiff all the time which makes everything ache I cant get to top...

Last reply
  • Fluoxetine and Acid Reflux?

Has anyone had stomach or Acid reflux problems with this, like a feeling there is food stuck down the throat? I'm not sure if something (either this, or my Asthma inhalers) have inflamed my Oesophagus.. And it makes it feel like there's a lump in my throat.. And swallowing is hard. I know it's...

Last reply
  • Newbie Looking For Help

Taking Bupropion HCL XL and Fluoxetine HCL Starting 3 Days Ago. Just Feel Tired With Heartburn.If Any of You Good People Been Down Similar Road.... Does It Get Better? Will I Eventually Get Energy Back ?

Last reply
  • Fluoxetine and diazepam

Hi everyone. I suffer with anxiety and currently Im taking 20mg of fluoxetine (Prozac) . Got some diazepam tablets as well to use in case I need it , cause I also suffer with withdrawl from mirtazapine 15mg (my doctor took me off it cold turkey 18 days ago)For the past 3 weeks I was taking Ativan ( lorazepam)...

Last reply
  • Eye vision

I've been on Prozac for about 5 months and my anxiety has been good. I haven't really had any side effect issues other than my eyes bugging me. Anyone else had the side effect of blurred vision and or weird vision. My eyes feel weak.

Last reply
  • FLUOXETINE UPDATE .....HOPE

Hi I thought i would just write and share my experiences to give a little hope to those who have just started fluoxetine and are suffering from the awful side effects... Hang in there! i am 6 months in now and i cannot believe how my life has changed, im laughing every day, i love my job im enjoying...

Last reply
  • Generic vs original Fluoxetine

Hi All, Just a question. I am taking a generic of Fluoxetine called Prohexal. I am on 20mg in my 10th week and have seen improvements but not quite there. Anyone have any experience changing from generic to original with good effects? Many thanks  

Last reply
  • Increasing the dosage.

Hi all, I've been on fluox for nearly 6 months now, I'm on 30mg, around April and may I had a fantastic 5/6 weeks where I felt the best I have for 25 years, it was amazing to feel like this and gave me a lot of hope, however since then I've not had anything like that positive spell and it...

Last reply
  • Need some hope... Flux 7 weeks

So finishing up my 7th week on flux. 5 weeks on 20 mg and 2 weeks on 40 mg. I feel more myself but anxiety and panic are very present. Seems like since upping the dose my panic has got worse. Almost feels like when i started the 20mg. Anyone else experience this with the dosage increase? When I'm...

Last reply
  • Increased dosage to 40mg

Hi I have spoken to my GP tonight after experiencing anxiety and a general flat feeling. I have been taking 20mg of Fluoxetine since the middle of June. For 4 weeks I suffered awful side effects but persevered and felt better and better each day. However I have continued to feel flat, and slightly disengaged,...

Last reply
  • Newbie with extras

So my dr placed me on 10 mg of generic Prozac today to take only around my monthly cycle. I have severe depression, anxiety and panic disorder, ADD and recently diagnosed with Tardive Dykanesia. I'm already taking Cymbalta, Valium, vyvance, thyroid hormone and ingrezza. I'm severely med out!!!...

Last reply
  • Nobody talks to me!

Hey, I don't know what is going on. I feel lost, stuck in a cave, in a dead end, or in a well with water and I can't get out. I'm 21 years old male. Have no friends, no family, nobody to talk to. Every day is the same for me. Nothing exiting happens. I wake up, go to work, go home and then...

Last reply
  • Horny as hell

Just over 3 weeks I've been on fluoxetine 20mg and in the beginning I completely lost my motivation, didn't want sex or my husband to come near me which is the total opposite of what Im normally like and just felt generally numb and not really with it, but I felt nice oddly?! Week three hit and...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.