Skip to content

Fluoxetine

Also known as Prozac

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Prozac and internal trembling,

HI has anyone been on prozac and it,s helped internal buzzing and trembling, I am 58 menopausel, 10mg of prozac, been buzzing 5 months before I went on prozac, had a massive panic attack never got rearly better,

Last reply
  • 20mg to 40mg and feeling strange, advice?

Hi all, I was prescribed Fluoxetine 20mg on 4th June 2018, I was quite fortunate that I never got any of the bad side effects listed except constantly yawning and feeling tired, but after 3 my sleeping improved and at 5 weeks I definitely felt an improvement in my mood with a few down days but they …

Last reply
  • Prozac the 2nd Time Around

Hello to all!  I wanted to share my story as well as get insight from others who are having the same difficulties as myself.  I am 34 years old and am suffering from severe anxiety for the 2nd time around.  When I was 18 I got sick and had no clue what was wrong with me.  I had …

Last reply
  • Fluoxetine chest tightness

Hi I've tried many anti depressants this year! I'm currently on fluoxetine 20mg once a day and I take it at night time! But when I first got anxiety I had a panic attack because I felt like I couldn't breathe and my chest host really tight and feels numb! And since then I get this …

Last reply
  • New to Prozac.....

Hi everyone, As the title suggests I'm new to Prozac, 1 week today to be precise. I would really like to hear some success stories (I find reading positive stories about a drug help me), they don't have to be in depth, just a simple .... 'yes they worked' 'took X amount of time …

Last reply
  • Fluoxetine side effects

Has fluoxetine ever caused you to throw up? I’ve had headache, nausea, gagging and some throwing up. I’m starting my 3rd week of meds. 

Last reply
  • What type of doctor can help with Prozac withdrawal?

So I've been on Prozac cold turkey for about 1 month now. Didn't get any tapering instructions from my doctor so I went with it. First week i had a few symptoms but they didn't last too long. After that ever since the first week ended the only side effect ive had is that my stomach has …

Last reply
  • My SSRI/PROZAC Success Story

I don’t find a lot of positive stories about antidepressants, or I find stories where people are taking the antidepressant the wrong way.   I wanted to share my experience.  A positive one.   I’ve had generalized anxiety disorder, SEVERE OCD, and panic disorder for as long as I …

Last reply
  • Fluoxetine advice on recovery

Hi all I have been on fluoxetine for 18 weeks 14 of them I have been on 40 mgs I have my good days but I am still having lows and they do scare me surely this should be working and gone by now 

Last reply
  • Nearly 9 months on fluoxetine

I have been taking fluoxetine for 9 months my anxiety is v bad I have had little patches of feeling better but it all comes back triggered by memory of it I think - I feel that I am peaking again v intense headaches discomfort and that dreadful feeling of not knowing what to do with myself I ache …

Last reply
  • PROZAC WITHDRAWAL COLD TURKEY!!!

So i decided i’m going to start keeping track of my symptoms through my fluoxetine (prozac) withdrawal process. I have decided to stop cold turkey regardless of all the reviews and opinions on forums, WebMD, etc. i was the closest to suicide that I have ever been the other night and i realized it …

Last reply
  • Day 3

I’ve just started back on fluoxetine and feel absolutely horrible the first day was fine yesterday but yuck then today threw up after about an hour or so of taking my pill is this common? I’ve been through a rough last year I dropped fluoxetine after 15 years as thought it was working properly …

Last reply
  • I'm on day 8 of fluoxetine.

My daytime seems to be filled with no appetite, sadness, nausea and no hope. Nighttime I tend to be more myself. I dread going to sleep at night for fighting through the next day, even though I am more myself at night. 8 days I know is so early into the medicine I know. I took it years ago and it …

Last reply
  • Success stories?

Does anyone have any positive stories/ success stories about Fluoxetine? It's been a tough few weeks and I'm getting worried that the medication isn't working so well. I've had a lot of side effects: nausea, lost weight, vomited, heightened anxiety, heart palpitations, sweating, …

Last reply
  • 13 weeks on Prozac and still depressed, HELP!

I started at 20 mg for 4 weeks, then my dr upped me to 40 mg for 3 weeks, then 60 for 2 weeks, and now I am at 80 mg for the past 4 weeks. I am still  experiencing pretty bad sadness and depression, with some moderate anxiety. Is this normal? I felt fine after up to 60 for a couple days but …

Last reply
  • Day 16 - feeling very strange

I don’t know else how to describe it other than I feel like I am going to have a seizure! My whole body is extremely restless all the time with also weak and achy muscles. I feel a super foggy head and also having extreme anxiety the past few days. I feel detached and kind of like a zombie. I’m …

Last reply
  • Feeling worse after 6 weeks on Fluoxetine.....is this normal??

Hi ​I started 20mg fluoxetine 6.5 weeks ago, and increased to 40mg 2 weeks ago.  I am starting to feel worse the past few days, anxiety is awful, low mood and no energy at all.  Is it normal to feel this at this point? as I thought I would be improving, not getting worse.  Should I …

Last reply
  • Headaches from Fluoxetine

I started taking fluoxetine (10 mg/day) last week, and today was my 10th day taking it. It seems like every day since the day I started taking it, I have had on and off headaches centered around the temple. It really picked up 3 days ago, and has felt like I’ve had a constant headache since then. I’ …

Last reply
  • Increased dosage to 40mg

Hi I have spoken to my GP tonight after experiencing anxiety and a general flat feeling. I have been taking 20mg of Fluoxetine since the middle of June. For 4 weeks I suffered awful side effects but persevered and felt better and better each day. However I have continued to feel flat, and slightly …

Last reply
  • How long does it take for side effects on Prozac to go away?

I’ve been on 20mlg for 5 weeks.  After 3 weeks doctor put me on 40 but I couldn’t sleep for 6 days straight so he put me back on 20.  My anxiety and panic attacks are almost gone and I can sleep but the jitters, feeling like throwing up and morning sickness are killing me. When will it go …

Last reply
  • Prozac withdrawal symptoms. Is this normal?

Hello I'm new here. So a week ago I cold turkey Prozac and the first 3 days I was feeling great. But these past 3 days I've gotten 24/7 stomach discomfort. Like there's no sharp pain or anything but only like this discomfort feeling that I don't know how to describe that has been …

Last reply
  • Gabapentin and Fluoxetine

I was prescribed Citalopram for hot flushes. No side effects (or so I thought) and worked a dream. And I never felt depressed! Then I developed stress incontinence which I put down to a weak pelvic floor due to difficult child birth years before. But after researching I discovered that Citalopram …

Last reply
  • Diarrhea and increased anxiety after 4 weeks on fluoxetine

Hi, I am currently on 10 mg of fluoxetine daily for PMDD and general anxiety. After just 2 weeks, I noticed a dramatic improvement in my moods and anxiety. I also noticed decreased appetite and minimal weight loss, but this hasn’t concerned me too much.  I was feeling so calm and doing great …

Last reply
  • Are these side effects normal??? Very worried

Hi all, new to this site. I’m a 20 yr old female been suffering with OCD, anxiety and depression for years. Finally decided to give medication a try as my anxiety is through the roof and I couldn’t deal anymore. I was started on 10 mg of Prozac 9 days ago. Today being day 9, I feel terrible. The …

Last reply
  • Zyrtec helps me sleep...

Hey everyone!  I’ve hit 7 weeks and feeling improvements (Flu 20mg).  With that though, I wake up every night sometimes at 2am, 3am, or 4:30am and have a hard time falling back to sleep.  During that time I often experience anxiety.  Frustrating!   However, when I take …

Last reply
  • Changing from fluoxetine to Mirtazapine

Hi just joined this group and wondered if anyone has changed fluoxetine meds to Mirtazapine and if so what are your experiences re side effects etc and whether it was worth doing. Have been on fluoxetine for a while and doc has advised to change to Mirtazapine as thinks it should be working by now …

Last reply
  • PMDD

Hi, Please let me know if you have had success with Lovan (Fluoxetine) for PMDD and if you used it in combination with anything else? Also did it help with anxiety/panic attacks?

Posted
  • fluxoteine 20mg

light at end of darkness ?? been taking these for 40 days now and feel worse. feel dead most of the time and hard to have feelings of love etc. lost all feelings for wife and kids. real struggle when u get no feelings from being with your loved ones. not sure if I should stop tablets or keep …

Last reply
  • I'm a Newbie

I just started fluoxitine and have had panic attacks though mild..I CANNOT BELIEVE THERE IS AN ACTUAL PHOBIA FOR EMESIS!!!! I HAVE THAT!!! ALWAYS GET WIGGED OUT IF NAUSEAS..THANK YOU💕I'm noticing that many people have the same side effects so I guess "sticking it out" will …

Last reply
  • Prozac upped to 40mg from 20mg

Hi all just wondering if anyone has experience upping their dose of prozac from 20mg to 40mg and whether or not they experienced any side effects? I am 5 days in on 40mg and feeling all the horrible side effects again. This is extremely difficult to manage and wanted to know if anyone else had a …

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.