Skip to content

Fluoxetine

Also known as Prozac

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • PROZAC WITHDRAWAL COLD TURKEY!!!

So i decided i’m going to start keeping track of my symptoms through my fluoxetine (prozac) withdrawal process. I have decided to stop cold turkey regardless of all the reviews and opinions on forums, WebMD, etc. i was the closest to suicide that I have ever been the other night and i realized it has...

Last reply
  • Fluoxetine 11weeks

I’ve been taking fluoxetine for 11 weeks now.I still feel ghastly in the mornings and wake up with anxiety. It’s even there if I wake in the early hours to go to the loo. In the past I’ve tried so many anti depressants and I feel that nothing has really worked . I don’t really want to give up yet though...

Posted
  • Fluoxetine is antiviral?!

I recently found lab studies about fluoxetine having potent antiviral activity against  enteroviruses.  I'm eager to try it because I have CFS, IBS, depression etc... caused by a chronic Coxsackie B6 virus infection.  I'm just wondering if I'll have to take it indefinitely....

Last reply
  • Week 8 Fluoxetine..wow!

Hello everyone, I just wanted to share my experiences of fluoxetine 20mg. I'm now on my 8th week & 8 I am really feeling great. When I was at my lowest, I thought things would never get better. I had constant stomach ache, sickness & IBS. I just stopped enjoying everything & just didn't...

Last reply
  • Rapid weight loss in prozac

I’ve  taking Prozac since the beginning of September. Started on 10 mg. Then got up to 20 after four weeks and now I’m taking 40 mg once a day. I have lost 30 pounds.  I have no appetite whatsoever. I’m extremely thirsty, all I can drink is water. I don’t even think about food. And for me that’s...

Last reply
  • adding buspar to flux

Hi All, currently I am taking 20mg of flux. couldn't handle side effects with 30mg, still having some anxiety issues, Dr. advised adding buspar, anyone have good/bad results with this? Thanks!

Last reply
  • Why do I still feel bad?

I’m on my 4th week on 20mg after taking it every other day for months, I still feel like the side effects are still there, it only took about 2 weeks when I first started taking it 9 years ago. Shall I give it more time as doctor said I might of messed my seratonin up 

Last reply
  • 4th Week on Fluoxetine!

I've suffered from anxiety in one form or anything since I can remember. When I was younger (in the 90's) I would panic if my parents were late home from work, thinking they'd been in a horrible accident. When I got to 18 it was because I was going bald and thought everyone was staring at...

Posted
  • Upped dose

hi all been back to GP INCREASED TO 60 to review in 2 weeks suggested I bought boots sleepeaze to use short term to help with the insomnia put my mind at rest re pain in chest keeping fingers crossed 

Posted
  • Chest pains

Hi all I've been suffering pain in my sternum feeding anxiety which makes it worse been reading up seems quite common starting week 9 at the docs tomorrow not sure to ask for 60 or hang on will of course mention it just feeling so low

Last reply
  • Can anyone help please?

I have been on Fluoxetine for 9 years 20mg and have been ok so I decided to take one every other day and doctor never said anything but for about a month now I have started to experience bad anxiety again so I have been taking them every day again for about 2 weeks. I have been feeling really zombie...

Last reply
  • Trazodone

Has anyone tried trazodone as a sleeping aid. I was on Ambien doctor switched me to trazodone. 50 mg. Last night was first day using it. It made me dizzy. I feel like I have a hangover.

Last reply
  • Please don’t give up on it

I just want to tell everyone to give this medicine 12 weeks unless you absolutely cannot tolerate the side effects. It takes so long to see improvement, and for many weeks you feel worse.  I felt awful for at least 8-9 weeks, with little improvement.  Now in week 11, I definitely see improvement....

Last reply
  • Floroxatine not working

I have been on 20 mg for 12 months , I’m now feeling really low very upset snappy , I now take it before bed as in the am was making me too sleepy !  Don’t know what to do ! 

Last reply
  • Fluoxetine apetite and weight changes..

Hi all... I lost around 4 kg or 8 lbs in 22 days of taking fluoxetine. Is it normal? I am sort of afraid to eat...and my appetite was completely lost... I need your opinion on this... You had weight loss yourself and how much? You have any idea how much is normal to loose weight? And when the appetite...

Last reply
  • Fluoxetine for PMDD/PMS

Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone has been prescibed this medication for terrible pre-menstrual symptoms. I am a happy, out-going and smiley person most of the time. The way I'm feeling now, I am fine - not depressed, irrational, weepy, angry, etc. However a week before my period I turn into...

Last reply
  • Kalms

hi all nearly 8weeks on Prozac 40mg still very anxious at times bought some kalms chemist said we’re ok to take with ad anyone else had success xx

Last reply
  • My Journey with Prozac - Journal/Diary

I've decided to document my journey starting prozac/fluoxetine as a way to cope and record my progress, as well as possibly help others! Day 1 (Wednesday, Oct. 28): I was prescribed 10mg of prozac this day and took it early, around 8:30. I had been suffering depression and anxiety which came out...

Last reply
  • New to Prozac.....

Hi everyone, As the title suggests I'm new to Prozac, 1 week today to be precise. I would really like to hear some success stories (I find reading positive stories about a drug help me), they don't have to be in depth, just a simple .... 'yes they worked' 'took X amount of time to...

Last reply
  • My SSRI/PROZAC Success Story

I don’t find a lot of positive stories about antidepressants, or I find stories where people are taking the antidepressant the wrong way.   I wanted to share my experience.  A positive one.   I’ve had generalized anxiety disorder, SEVERE OCD, and panic disorder for as long as I can...

Last reply
  • Prozac with no side effects??

Hey guys i have started talking Prozac for about 3 days now and i feel no side effects at all 0%, does it mean that it wont owrk for me? Besides taking prozac i was also on zoloft months back and a year back i was on paxil. Zoloft was the worst initial side effects i had experienced ever, but why am...

Last reply
  • WI'll rhos ever go

10 weeks on fluoxetine I haven't slept properly for a year I wake with anxiety afraid I am never going to get better my brain seems to have read flashing dips I am worn out -if only the fluoxetine would help I so need it to just got no peace of mind afraid I going crazy

Last reply
  • People tell me I look so thin

I've been on prozac for almost 3 months. My apetite comes and goes. I still get nauseous. Mornings are really bad. I get more concerned when family and friends tell me I look sick. Thin. Im a size 1 but have lost more weight since proxac. And cant seem to gain any more.

Last reply
  • Will sweating stop now I'm off my medication?

So I've come off fluoxetine around a week ago, I believe that when I started on the medicine around 4 and a half years ago I began suffering with excessive sweating. After discussing my mental health with doctors we decided to wean off the medicine, I've been fine but I was wondering whether...

Posted
  • Fluoxetine 11 weeks

Hi I am into my 11th week fluoxetine last week I had a couple of better days not good but bearable I was begining to hope but now anxiety is so intense I suffer from headaches and pres sure aching limbs and weakness I could cry I really could it is so hard to keep motivated to press onwards I feel I...

Last reply
  • Joint pain

hi all me again is anyone else suffering with joint pain especially neck and shoulders 

Last reply
  • Increased dosage to 40mg

Hi I have spoken to my GP tonight after experiencing anxiety and a general flat feeling. I have been taking 20mg of Fluoxetine since the middle of June. For 4 weeks I suffered awful side effects but persevered and felt better and better each day. However I have continued to feel flat, and slightly disengaged,...

Last reply
  • Feeling good and

Started fluoxetine on the 3rd and so far my moods are lifting and I don’t feel so hungry like I was on mirtazipine wich I ended after 3 months as I had put on 8kg and wasn’t fitting into my clothes but so far being on fluoxetine wich will be my 3rd day tomorrow my moods are lifting so I’ll keep you updated

Posted
  • Fluoxetine 10mg so far

Just started fluoxetine on the 3rd Feb 2018, I’ve been off mirtazipine since the 1st feb as it caused weight gain and anyway I’m on fluoxetine and my hunger from being on mirtazipine has changed since I’ve been off it within 3 days and I’m less hungry on fluoxetine I haven’t had any side effects except...

Posted
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.