can fluoxetene cause stomach and digestive issues?

Posted , 4 users are following.

been on 20mg of fluoxetene for almost 4 months, i experienced terrible side affects and nausea. that has now passed but i have developed stomach issues on and off such as indigestion, alot of gas and sometimes feel it in my back. can fluoxetene cause these changes or is it unrelated?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Dear Emma

This is me too. I am so scared that it's something awful. I would rather it be side effects. As worrying that i am terminally ill is making my anxiety increase.

Hope you are ok?

• Posted

hi, in similar situation, just started thread about my digestive problems on fluoxatine. i see you posteda while back but can you share some updates when you get a chance?

• Posted

been on it for two years now and i still feel the same disgestive issues i get really bad bloating and gas pains. not sure if its related but driving myself crazy the last week thinking theres something really wrong with me !

• Posted

Hi Emma, I've heard a couple of instances with this side effect, but for a few months as it settles down. I'd suggest going to the doctor and discussing it as it could be a separate issue, though I suspect it probably is the tablet. I had it with a specific batch of the generic meds from Cyprus, the chemist seems to get different ones each time. Could be you're still worrying about things, maybe discuss a small dosage increase with the doctor?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.