Day 13 on Prozac. Anyone else??

Posted , 15 users are following.

Today is day 13 on Prozac. I take 10 mg for health anxiety. It's been a roller coaster of side effects. The first few days weren't too bad. I was super tired and a little more anxious than usual. Days 5-7 I had awful nausea, dizziness, blurry vision, headache. Got better for a few days after that and I only had the headache and was tired. Yesterday the nausea and dizziness came back. Also feeling really anxious, having periods of sweating, just feel yucky. Saw my doctor today and she said to try to stick it out, as it takes quite some time for the body to adjust. I don't want to change drugs again so am going to try hard to get thru this. Anyone else have similar side effects??

1 like, 67 replies

67 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Jennifer,

You will get these side effects, but do keep taking the meds. They take at least 4-6 weeks to fully kick in. I am on 20mgs fluoxetine and have been on them for nearly one year. I shall stay on them indefinably. You will see and feel a difference once they have kicked in to your body.

Good luck

D

• Posted

Thank you so much for your reply and encouragement! Reading thru these forums and seeing all of the support is what has gotten me thru these rough times.

Take care!

• Posted

I'm pretty much in the same boat as you. Been on for just under 2 weeks, and the first few days were hard with anxiety and uneasy tummy. Then I starated to feel a lot better with a few easily manageable blips. Though the past two days I've had some increased anxiety and the tummy upset again. My phyciatrist told me the same that if I stick it out a few more weeks it will be worth it.

• Posted

Hi! I'm on day 8 here!! Feeling headachy, heavy head, more anxious, sore eyes etc! We just all have to keep pushing through each day xo

• Posted

Stick with it first 3weeks awful side effects but it passes a levels out eventually. I am in week 7 and can see a difference. You still get the odd bad day or two but don't panic it passes..... Keep with the plan it works

• Posted

Hello Jennifer.

Sorry to hear you are going through this. I decided to stop Flux (20mg a day) after about 15 days. I just couldn't cope with the side effects nor could I afford the time off work. The constant panic state, stomach problems, nausea, not sleeping, slow reactions, leg / neck pain etc etc.

It took about a month to level out again after stopping cold turkey - another no! (upsets, dizziness, muscle tension being the last to go).

Now about 3 months on my initial problems have returned with vengenance. Guess I just tricked myself into thinking i was better and didn't need the meds.

Starting the process again with Sertraline and I am really kicking myself for not sicking it out as I was close to getting over the worst of it.

Sorry if this isn't helpful. I would advise to stick it out because despite how rubbish you feel now, if you stop you're left wondering what if I just carried on - would I be feeling better finally!

Anxiety is horrendous.

• Posted

That is helpful! When I'm tempted to stop taking it, I have to remind myself that I would just have to start all over again with a new med. I hope your new one works for you!

• Posted

Hi Jennifer,

Weeks 2 and 3 were the hardest for me, but im so glad i stuck it out because im feeling sooo much better. Im at 6 weeks now and still have a way to go to get back to normal but my anxiety is SO MUCH BETTER! Still dealing with a low mood but have hope things will keep getting better as I'm still on a really low dose.

• Posted

How are you feeling? I guess you're at around 7 weeks now? I hope things have continued to improve! Are you still taking a low dose?

• Posted

I am so thankful for all of these replies and encouraging words!! I really think that being able to talk to people who have gone thru something similar is the key to surviving all of this. Anxiety is bad enough; dealing with the side effects of the meds just makes it so much worse. But it sounds like if I stick it out, things will indeed improve. I'm hopeful!

• Posted

I'm going through the same thing right now been on Prozac for a month upped dose 2days ago side effects all over again 

• Posted

They say it gets better we just need to hang in there!
    • Posted

Yes! I keep reminding myself that the hard part will pass. Every day is one day closer to that. The side effects are bad, but anxiety is worse so it's worth it if we can get thru the hard part!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.