Day 13 on Prozac. Anyone else??

Posted , 15 users are following.

Today is day 13 on Prozac. I take 10 mg for health anxiety. It's been a roller coaster of side effects. The first few days weren't too bad. I was super tired and a little more anxious than usual. Days 5-7 I had awful nausea, dizziness, blurry vision, headache. Got better for a few days after that and I only had the headache and was tired. Yesterday the nausea and dizziness came back. Also feeling really anxious, having periods of sweating, just feel yucky. Saw my doctor today and she said to try to stick it out, as it takes quite some time for the body to adjust. I don't want to change drugs again so am going to try hard to get thru this. Anyone else have similar side effects??

1 like, 67 replies

67 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Day 15. Wow, time really drags when we don't feel well, doesn't it?? Still feeling dizzy, although yesterday and so far today it comes and goes, instead of being constant. Stomach issues and nausea also come and go. Those are my least favorite of the SE's. Also sometimes have heart pounding (that may be from the increased anxiety), and muscle twitching. How is everyone else doing??

• Posted

Yes I have had all that still do hope it will pass soon I guess we will just have to hang in there.
    • Posted

I'm sorry you're still feeling bad. How long did it take for the side effects to pass the first time, before you increased your dose? Maybe it won't take as long this time around.

• Posted

Hi Jennifer, sorry you are still having a bad time, it sounds like things have improved slightly though!

I'm on day 11 here,I've been getting massive heartburn I never really knew how horrible that could be and it makes me more anxious. Overall though I'm doing okay. It is a very slow process and time does drag on when you are waiting to feel better huh. Xx

• Posted

I know what you mean, the physical symptoms always make my anxiety worse. I'm sorry you're having heartburn. Today is day 16 and overall it's been a much better day. So hang in there! I'm just taking one day at a time and trying to be patient (not always easy for someone with anxiety!)

• Posted

That's awesome! Glad you are having a better day!! Keep us updated

• Posted

Hi I'm okay thanks. My heartburn has gone down a lot now when I have my medicine with milk. How are you?

• Posted

Have you noticed the pills have helped your mood or anything yet? How many mgs are you on?
    • Posted

1.25mgs for 7 days will be going up Tuesday the Dr said to go slow because I'm very sensitive to all medicine was on 1mg in September,dread going up on medicine.

• Posted

Oh wow that is really low. Good on you though. X I'm really sensitive too. I'm on 4mg and meant to be going up tomorrow, I feel nervous.

• Posted

I thought you said you were going home tomorrow is why I thought you had been in hospital. I live in United States is why I asked you that Sorry didn't me to offend you in any way.

• Posted

How many mgs Prozac do you take, I'm on 1.25 mgs of the liquid trying to get to 5mgs, I have to go slow because I'm sensitive to all medicine I know you said you were taking 4mg because you were sensitive too,I wait 7 days before I go up to another dose.It will take me forever to get there. We can do this!

• Posted

Hi, I've been on 4mgs for 12 days but have just gone up to 5mgs today. Yes we just have to be patient x hope you are feeling okay

• Posted

I seem to be okay. X just the same really as the 4mg. Maybe a bit more headachy
    • Posted

That's pretty good considering all the side effects we have had you will do fine.I would like to sent you an article on 5mgs but can't on here I will tell you it's all good.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.