Day 13 on Prozac. Anyone else??

Posted , 15 users are following.

Today is day 13 on Prozac. I take 10 mg for health anxiety. It's been a roller coaster of side effects. The first few days weren't too bad. I was super tired and a little more anxious than usual. Days 5-7 I had awful nausea, dizziness, blurry vision, headache. Got better for a few days after that and I only had the headache and was tired. Yesterday the nausea and dizziness came back. Also feeling really anxious, having periods of sweating, just feel yucky. Saw my doctor today and she said to try to stick it out, as it takes quite some time for the body to adjust. I don't want to change drugs again so am going to try hard to get thru this. Anyone else have similar side effects??

1 like, 67 replies

67 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Did you ever have legs to hurt taking Prozac?
    • Posted

yeah, my legs ached a lot on it, just felt very heavy and sore. It passed quite fast though gladly. 
    • Posted

My right leg will ache and feel heavy/numb at times. I think muscle pains and weakness are a common side effect.

My heart has been racing and irregular this morning. Has that happened with any of you? When I took lexapro this was a side effect at the beginning, but I'm not sure it's normal on Prozac. It scares me.

• Posted

My legs below knees hurt last night first time I had that to happen was kind of scary I guess we all have all sorts of side effects hope everything gets better soon.
    • Posted

Yes I've had that I went to ER everything checked out fine, I take Prozac also very small dose.

• Posted

I'm going to assume it's the Prozac and try not to worry about it. These side effects are the pits! I hope your leg pain goes away soon.

• Posted

I'm sure it's the Prozac sometimes my heart wii race and be irregular it's scary I think you be fine I understand how you feel.

• Posted

So for so good not hurting we will get through this.We just have to give the medicine some time to work.
    • Posted

Glad you're a little better. Yes, mornings are always the worst. It's hard to get up and face the day sometimes. When will you increase your dosage?

• Posted

Hi Jennifer, you are not alone Hun. Many of us have or are going through the side affects. As many here have said, keep going Hun it will pass. I was on Fluoxetine in the past and stopped taking them a while ago. I'm back on them now due to difficult times but going through the motions is always hard. Talk to your loved ones, the GP or on here when you feel low. I find it really helps. There are lovely people on this site going through similar symptoms and they have strong words of encouragement. Keep your head up and know that we are here for you too.

• Posted

Thank you so much! This site really has been so helpful. It's so frustrating how as soon as one bad side effect passes, another one takes its place. This rapid/irregular heartbeat is the scariest so far. Really hoping it passes soon.

I'm sorry you've had to get back on the meds - I hope they help you quickly. How are you feeling on them?

• Posted

Thank you Hun, I'm getting there. It started badly with me sweating, dry mouth, couldn't eat. Also having anxiety attacks, heart beating fast, really awful thoughts. This has calmed down now. Intend to get only some negative thoughts. The mornings are the hardest at the moment. Things happen in life that we find hard to deal with. Our emotions just go everywhere. I know with time and pray things will get better. On my down days it doesn't feel that way. Keep your head up x

• Posted

I'm so glad you've gotten thru some of the side effects! That has to give you hope. Prayer is sometimes the only thing that gets me thru the hard times. I hope things continue to improve for you daily!

• Posted

Definitely, praying helps me to stay calm and remember who I am. I know in time we both will be fine. Keep your head up
    • Posted

Hello all,

Can I ask how you guys are managing day to day with stuff like going to work etc and surviving the side effects? any tips?

The side effects are horrible intially mainly the sickness and enhanced anxiety attacks / sweats concern me.

I am looking at starting again on this, but really close to losing my job (had a lot of odd days off due to anxiety / panic attacks - my employer is understanding but I think it's running out). 

The anxiety is saying quite my job and focus on getting better first but I need the income sadly. Not really feeling confident at the moment applying for new jobs!

• Posted

Hi Thomas,

I was ill this time last year with depression and anxiety. I had 6 weeks off work, fortunately i work for the NHS, so my work colleagues were very understanding. It took the medication abt 6 weeks to fully kick in. I felt normal after and was able to go back to work on reduced hours for a while. I know some businesses are not so lenient. The anxiety and panic attacks were horrendous. Good luck.

D

• Posted

Hi Thomas,

It's hard. I missed a total of 4 weeks of work, most of it before I started back on Prozac. I've just had to take one day at a time and do what I can to get thru. I still miss an odd day here and there but try my best not to. There's no easy solution other than being patient with yourself. I'm so sorry you're dealing with this. Anxiety is miserable. Good luck to you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.