Day 13 on Prozac. Anyone else??

Posted , 15 users are following.

Today is day 13 on Prozac. I take 10 mg for health anxiety. It's been a roller coaster of side effects. The first few days weren't too bad. I was super tired and a little more anxious than usual. Days 5-7 I had awful nausea, dizziness, blurry vision, headache. Got better for a few days after that and I only had the headache and was tired. Yesterday the nausea and dizziness came back. Also feeling really anxious, having periods of sweating, just feel yucky. Saw my doctor today and she said to try to stick it out, as it takes quite some time for the body to adjust. I don't want to change drugs again so am going to try hard to get thru this. Anyone else have similar side effects??

1 like, 67 replies

67 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Jennifer how are you feeling?
    • Posted

Hi,

Overall I'm doing much better. I saw that you are having a rough time right now - hang in there. I wanted to quit last week and I'm glad I didn't. The worst of the side effects have gotten so much better. These days I still just feel some flu like symptoms, kind of achy and hot. But I'm trusting that like all of the other symptoms, this will pass soon too.

Thanks for checking!

• Posted

I haven't started my medication yet reading y'all story's I'm terrified I'm having dizziness and weird vision and emotional numb they put me on 5mg Prozac I haven't took it yet but I know I need too I'm just scared of medicine I'm too far depressed tho and I'm scared of fast heart beat idk what to do

• Posted

Hey i know this is a old thread, but just seeing if anyone can help.

im on day 13 of 20mg of prozac i struggle with health anxiety badly. i have the worst nausea specially when i wake up at night or in the mornings. i have lower back pain and a sore abdomen these side effects make me worse and think the worse case scenario which sucks.

how long until these pass im trying to hang in and keep taking my dose but its hard. thanks.

• Posted

hey im on day 9 and think chattkng to each other about our experience so could help us 

• Posted

hey jenn i am going through the same thing maybe we can vhst im on day 9

• Posted

i started 10mg of fluoextine for anxiety first few days i felt a lot more calmer, and excited to be honest. no major side effects except one day around day 5 i was really dizzy and light headed .

now im on day 13 and the last two days i just feel terribly nauseous, low energy and appetite will this get better?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.