‘A few’ white blood cells in vaginal discharge

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I went to ob-gyn yesterday due to a weird yellow thick discharge. She took samples and examined it under the microscope. She said that she observed ‘a few’ white blood cells but ‘not too many to be worried about’. However, she did suggest to run chlamydia and ghonnorrea tests.

Here is the bigger picture: about a 1,5 month ago I started lasik treatment for my nail fungus. Podiatrist also prescribed Terafinbanine (anti-fungal, not antibiotic) which totally messed up my menstrual cycle. At that time I was taking Yasminelle (birth control pills) and after finishing Terbinafine, my period started when I still had like 10 more pills to take! In addition, I got BV (doctor prescribed Metronidazole) which gave me yeast infection (doctor prescribed Fluctonazole). I was told to finish my birth control pack so I did but I didn’t stop bleeding/spotting after 7 days. My gyn prescribed me a totally different birth control pills (I didn’t take 7days break). In fact, my period lasted around 12 days. On the 12tg day (while being 5days on fluctonazole) I noticed weird very yellow (almost fluorescent) discharge (no itching though). I panicked and I got one of these Monistat screening test and it showed that my vagina’s ph is abnormal. So I went to doctor yesterday and she told me she saw this white blood cells (nothing elese was wrong).

Any suggestions what that can be? I really doubt I have chlamydia or ghonnorrea (previous doctor who diagnosed BV also run tests for Ch, Ghon and Trich - all negative). As far as I know my sexual partner doesn’t/didn’t sleep with anyone else but me (we didn’t use condoms a few times). Of course, if it will turn to be one of these std, it would mean he did sleep with someone infected.....

Is it possible that being on strong meds for over a month, changing birth control for a totally different ones and living in a permanent stress (which means bad nutrition habits, lack of sleep, etc.) may affect my hormonal system?

Please help, because I am loosing my mind.

Btw, test will come back probably tomorrow.

Thank you 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Yes it can. If it makes ypu feel better my vag always had a high ph level since i was a kid i mean to the point where my mom thought i was bleaching my underwear but it was actually my ph level. No matter what medication was given to me it never changed and got worse when i got pregnant. I did notice drinking a lot of water helped plenty so drink a lot of water. I doubt its claymedia cuz my friend had it and she said she was super duper itchy down there. Just relax. Even if it is an sti its treatable. And i would get your partner to screen as well. If your positive
    • Posted

Hi Erika,

Thanks for your comment. I think I’m just overreacting because all of these happened at the same time. I would be very disappointed if it turned to be sti because it would mean my partner is not faithful (I tested myself before we started having sex and - sti tests negative). 

I’m even more stressed because I have never had gynecological problems before. Now I get a yeast infection every month!

• Posted

Did you test negative for yeast? That would explain if down there is fighting an infection or not. Yeah i hope its not that. My partner cheated on me with so many people during my pregnancy i was lucky to test out negative for stis. Also is your partner circumsized if not then that increased your chances of getting yeast infections. But it could be that his penis has to much bacteria and when you have sex raw it affects your vag.
    • Posted

Omg!!! I’m sorry to hear that! I will never understand why people do that! I’m so sorry... 

I checked my chart online and it seems that everything is normal, pH 4,5, whiff, trich, clue cells, yeast all negative! She even marked WBC <10 and normal standard is <10. I hope it’s just stress and too many medications I took recently... I have no itching, no nothing, she said it looks normal down there, only this discharge. 

To be honest, I have no idea how and what I would say to my partner if that turned to be sti... I haven’t slept or done whatever with anyone else and obviously, I’m not able to ‘grow’ it inside me so that would be only one person to blame - him....

Doctor said that it may be sti or it maybe nothing since there are some WBC in vagina in general. She saw me freaking out that’s why she suggested getting tested again

• Posted

Also is it possible that WBC were detected in vag when my immune system is fighting a general desease like flu or UTI? I told my doc that I’m having a kidney pain for last 3-4 days. I don’t pee more often and it doesn’t hurt when I pee. I just thought that it may be related 
    • Posted

Its ok. I knew it wasnt going to work out when i forgave him it just wasnt the same. Yeah and i mean if he did give you an std that means he did if you been loyal throughout the relationship. Ill let you know now if he cheated i wouldn't give him another chance. They keep cheating after that and its so hard to trust them. But i dont think its an sti. Did she did a urine culture when she looked at wbc? If not then im not really sure. But it could be because kidney infection or uti does cause white boood cells in urine

• Posted

Oh no, I would never forgive him. If that was an sti I would NEVER forgive him that he put me in risk. The thing is that we have been dating for a few months and started sleeping not so long time ago, so Idk if he even loves me. But I will have a talk with him once my results come back, positive or not. I will tell him that I did an annual check up as I always do in the end of a year and I am clean and I hope he is too and I would suggest to check it if he has never done it. Plus in ny understanding it’s a matter of humanity to tell someone: listen I slept with someone, I’m telling you because I don’t know if that person was clean or not. However I have trust issues so maybe some guys don’t really give a s**t about that. 

She did not check my urine, she only swabed me and sent swabs to the lab. I am not feeling well in general, my ears hurt and I feel like getting sick. I just don’t know if WBC may appear in your vagina if you are sick. I’m guessing it’s possible since the whole body tries to fight an infection 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.