Skip to content
Ad

Cervical Smear and Disorders

Also known as Cancer - Cervical, Colposcopy, Ectropion of Cervix, Polyps - Cervical

All discussions in this group

Next
  • I dont think some medical professionals understand the a...

I dont think some medical professionals understand the anxiety and trauma that some women undergo when having a cervical smear test. I myself was abused as a teenager and having to lie back and bare all for someone that you hardly know is a terrifying ordeal. Afterwards reverting back to disturbed...

Last reply
  • Cervicitis is stressing me out

I recently found out I have Bv and Cervicitis. The gynecologist gave me Metronidazole for the bv and Azithromycin for the cervicitis. She told me to get tested for chlamydia & gonnorhea and trich which I did and they all came back negative. I'm not sure what other testing I should do to find...

Last reply
  • cin 111 cells for the 4th time

Hi just wondering if anyone is able to relate. Im 32 and everytime ive had my smear for the past 18 months its come back as cin 111 abnormal cells ive had a loop removal each time which has been performed at my doctors surgery. Im not due for a smear for another 4 months but the doctor has now refferd...

Last reply
  • Long term side effects of LLETZ

For anyone dealing with long term side effects, I have started a support group after dealing with problems for 13 years. I thought I was the only person who had issues with this 'safe, minor' procedure, until I found stories of other women online.  I've had problems with sexual pain,...

Last reply
  • Posible polyp removal, scared :(

Hi all,  ​To cut a long story short, I saw my GP last month as I've been spotting between periods. It would normally happen during ovulation but I'm 45 and this has never happened before. It would also happen after strenuous exercise (I run 3-4 times a week, used to anyway, until this started)....

Last reply
  • Looking for answers

So I have been experiencing irregular vaginal bleeding since last October 2016. I shrugged it off thinking that it wasn't thag big of a deal since I've never had a "normal" menstral cycle. It's now June 2017, and still having the same exact symptoms. It's not like your regular...

Last reply
  • Still stressing about post menopausal bleeding

Hi Everyone, I started having a slight pink discharge a few months ago...GP did exam and referred to clinic for transvaginal ultrasound...all came back normal. I am now stressing that this could be cervical cancer...struggling to go and face the smear test because of health anxiety. I am 56 years old. 

Last reply
  • Avoiding Smear Test

I am currently dodging my Doctors about my Smear Test- saying I keep forgetting or I will try to book one etc. At the end of every appointment I get the speech on Smear Tests - even having one doctor talk over me saying I didn't want one.  I have had previous examinations due to problems with...

Last reply
  • Colcospopy

Thank God my daughter has had her hospital appointment brought forward by 2 days .She is still so worried and has been put on propanadol for the anxiety.

Posted
  • My girl

Please help my daughter is terrified and I am seriously worried about her mental health . She suffers from anxiety and has had a smear and it has come back abnormal. Is there anyway of bringing her hospital appointment forward .She really isn't coping x

Last reply
  • Smear

As I said before my daughter had abnormalities in her recent smear. She has suffered over the weekend. Finally I got her to see her GP today and we are both impressed. He has given her some beta blockers and referred her to steps to well being.she has also spoken to the nurse at the hospital and she...

Posted
  • Worst fears

My daughter got smear results today shows high grade moderate changes . Any one who has been through this please help she is terrified x

Last reply
  • Is my Dr.'s office taking me for a ride ?

So I have 3 separate questions. 1-  Is it possible for herpes 2  to be in your bloodwork as positive, and then 2years later, checked again, and it was negative.  Ive only been with my husband.  I thought it was crazy when they said it was positive. and sure enough, 2yrs later, it...

Last reply
  • Had ultrasound...waiting results help

Hello I'm really worried about a scan I have had of the pelvis. Was referred as have bad Back ache and pains in sides and bloating. And a history in my family of ovary cancer in grandma. Anyway the lady doing the scan asked me alot of questions whilst performing the scan.. She asked me have I had...

Last reply
  • urgent referral to gynae tomorrow

I have recently been having irregular bleeding, spotting between periods then some heavy bleeding. I also have had pelvic and back pain. I haven't had a smear since 2009 but have had 2 children since then!. Went to gp who has referred me via 2 week pathway. What can I expect at the appt? Feel worried...

Last reply
  • Abnormal Pap & normal biopsy!!

6months ago I had to go for a colposcopy and had a biopsy of a small lesion This came back ok I've had bad irregular periods, pains, the lot! My body has gone crazy! My question is has anyone experienced a biopsy being ok than going back for a routine Pap 8 months later to find cancer?

Last reply
  • Cervical Ectropion ? HELP!

Hi, one week ago I began spotting after sex so visited my doctor. I am 20 years old and was diagnosed with a cervical ectropion or 'cervical erosion'. She then gave me a Pap smear and I have had spotting since. However today, now 3 days after my papsmear I came home to find my underwear covered...

Posted
  • Cervix odd? Bled after sex. Period due. Worried.

So scared and embarrassed. Had sex with my long term partner Wednesday night no problems. Had sex and 4 O'sms yesterday (Fri) and started bleeding thinking it was my period (due Sunday) starting early. Put tampon in. 6 hours later just a bit of brown blood mixed with discharge now nothing. Sept...

Posted
  • Not sexually active but nurse tells me I need a smear

Hi I am a 29 year old female. My nurse at my initial patient assessment (assessment for patients registering at a new practice) said that I "need to" have a cervical smear test even though I am not sexually active and never have been. She says I need to have it done because it shows pre-cancerous...

Last reply
  • Post menopausal and worried

Can someone advise please?  I'm 55 and menopausal for over 5 years.  Last year I had a polyp removed and thought it was done and dusted and had nothing more to worry about.  A few weeks ago I started to get a watery discharge and last week went to my GP, she took a swab to check for...

Last reply
  • Lost cervix

After 4 attempts the midwife cannot find my cervix to do a smear test.  I am 50 and have passed the menopause.  I've been referred to a gynaecology clinic.  What else can they do in order to do the test? Surely I'm not the only one. Can find NOTHING on the internet about this?

Last reply
  • cloudy smear tests

my last two smear tests 3 months apart have both come back as too cloudy to check and needs to be repeated in 3 months time when the cells grow back, I am worried what this could indicate, I have always had really heavy periods and get lots of stomach pain with my periods

Last reply
  • Severe pap smear anxiety

So I'm 27 Still a virgin And the pap smear letter came for me today. I have now had 4 seperate anxiety episodes in under 24 hours been crying on and off and feel very very scared. The thought of anyone just looking at my vagina or even touching it just makes me want to projectile vomit. Should I...

Last reply
  • Smear test

Hi all, im guessing this is common but not to me so having to ask, i went for my regular smear test, as she did it she said.....oh you have a polyp, you will have to see the doctor, anyway i was refured to the hospital, so i was wondering what im to expect if anyone can help, my smear test came bacl...

Last reply
  • Cervical Smears for older women

When I moved to this part of the country nearly 30 years ago, it was a 5 year smear test. As I had always had 3 yearly tests in the North East I paid and had one every 3 years alongside my free NHS one after 5 years. Now  I am 64 this year and my last test was at 61, I am told I...

Last reply
  • Do I need a smear test if...

Hi guys I have been having regular smear tests and I absolutely loath them. They are very uncomfortable. I have had 2 sexual partners and I haven't had sex since 2007! I am in my 30s....do I still need to keep taking this smear test? All my tests have been negative. Thank you Zara

Last reply
  • Do I need a smear test if Virgin but on birth control?

I'm on birth control to help with hormone imbalance (I have pcos and heavy periods). I've never been sexually active. I saw a gynaecologist for an unrelated issue, and she knew I was on the pill and she said it was ok not to have smear tests. My sister, who is married and has a child, has just...

Last reply
  • Cervical erosion surgery

Just wanted some advice and to hear off some other women who have been through this. Basically I'm 17 and after visits to the doctors and hospital I've been told I have a large area of cervical erosion.They think it's from being on the pill. I'm booked in to have my surgery on Tuesday...

Last reply
  • Importance of Regular Health Checkups

Hi Good Evening All... Today we discuss about. What is the  Importance of Regular Health Checkups Regular medical health check-ups are integral to good health, as early detection can arrest the progress of most diseases. About 70% heart & kidney diseases and several cases of cancer can be managed...

Posted
  • Paxil

I just started taking paxil 5 days ago And I Am Never Hungry. Sometimes I make myself eat because I know I have to eat something . I took it years before And I was always starving and never felt felt full. I am not complaining I could use to loose 15 to 20 pounds just wondered if anyone had experience...

Posted
  • Can someone please help... lack of appetite and 20mg paxil

Hi started paxil 9 days ago at first i had the nausea feeling... im having a loss of appetite and when i eat something i feel full quite quick, is this normal?? I have health anxiety and keep thinking ive got the big C word. Is it paxil or something else. Can i just add i used to have quite a big appetite......

Last reply
  • Wife has got low grade hpv

Wife's results came back and she's got low grade hpv and she went hospital docter examined her diwn there and it all looked good but she has taken a sample down there a tiny one but docter did say it looks all good. I'm very worried now please please anyone here that has had hpv

Last reply
  • Every 3 years Have a colonoscopy anyone else?

i have had pylops removed in the past during colonoscopies. It has been recommended ro have a  colonscopy every three years.  I have a really hard time with the prep it is very difficult and seems to really cause stomach issues for weeks later. Foods are difficult to pass and find my doc adding...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.