Skip to content
Ad

Cervical Smear and Disorders

Also known as Cancer - Cervical, Colposcopy, Ectropion of Cervix, Polyps - Cervical

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Cervical Smear - Is this normal?

I went for my first smear test  however I did not have it done due to how painful it was, I bled for the rest of the day however 2 days later it stopped bleeding I peed blood Sorry but is this normal after an attempted smear test? i never had this before unless on my period but I stopped bleeding...

Last reply
  • Can anyone help?

I have Cervicitis and I tested negative for chlamydia and gonnorhea and other stds. I heard that acute cervicitis is caused by stds but I have been tested for stds and all have came back negative. I also have bv. Could the bv infection have caused the cervicitis?

Last reply
  • ‘A few’ white blood cells in vaginal discharge

Hi, I went to ob-gyn yesterday due to a weird yellow thick discharge. She took samples and examined it under the microscope. She said that she observed ‘a few’ white blood cells but ‘not too many to be worried about’. However, she did suggest to run chlamydia and ghonnorrea tests. Here is the bigger...

Last reply
  • I have lots of symptoms of cervical cancer - anyone else?

I'm 29 and I basically have all the symptoms of cervical cancer. I am genuinely concerned that I have it (not reassurance seeking), and have an appointment with a gynecologist in a couple of weeks. But I hate the waiting. I should say that I had a miscarriage in mid-September but I do not think...

Last reply
  • Scared

I had a smear test. Worried not until the phone call with high abnormal results. I go in Tues for another more invasive test and am scared to death.

Last reply
  • Scared for my life and don’t know where else to turn

I’d like to start off by saying I don’t want anyone to even attempt to diagnose me. I just really need to vent, and maybe hearing that someone has been through something similar and came out of it alive will give me some sort of hope.  I have been beyond depressed and anxious lately due to the...

Last reply
  • First smear test.

I have been offered a smear test aged 22 (We have a family history of cervical cancer and I have been having symptoms) anyway, I haven’t had sex in 2 years and have been reading up about them not being able to get the clamp in (I’m sorry this is tmi) is this a real possibility? I’m worried I’ll look...

Last reply
  • Confusion with this medication

If I have a lot of whit blood cells and I have two infections but my chlamydia and gonnorhea test came back negative what could have caused my cervicitis infection? My doctor prescribed me azithromycin but I have no chlamydia or gonnorhea or any other std I tested negative for all. I do have bv. and...

Posted
  • Extreme phobia of vaginal related things

From a young age and for an unknown reason I ve had almost a phobia of anything related to sexual biology. During biology lessons in school both at age 11 and 15 I would begin the process which is very familiar to me now. The discussion of ovaries/periods/birth/anything related to down there I d get...

Last reply
  • Vaginal Mystery

Unidentifiable infection? in vagina.  It all started with streaks of blood in my discharge then worsening discharge. (I can send photos) Tested for stds 3 times, bacteria, yeast, every things all negative. 3 pregnancy tests, qualitative and quantitative all negative. Catscan and US on the 8th...

Last reply
  • What should I do about my cervicitis ?

I have been suffering from cervicitis for three months now , I been going to constant appointments with gynecologist and I've gotten tested for chlamydia, gonnorhea even trich and all have been negative. My question is is I have acute cervicitis , what could have caused it since I have neither of...

Last reply
  • Biopsy results

Can someone tell me what this really means ??FRAGMENTS OF METAPLASTIC SQUAMOUS MUCOSA SHOWING SEVERE DYSPLASIA / CARCINOMA IN SITU. . FRAGMENTS OF BENIGN ENDOCERVICAL GLANDULAR TISSUE ALSO PRESENT. . SEE COMMENT. B. CERVICAL BIOPSY AT 6 O'CLOCK: . SEVERE DYSPLASIA / CARCINOMA IN SITU INVOLVING THE...

Last reply
  • Scared i have cancer

Hi. So since august i had a prolonged period. I thought it was from stress from my fiancee and us having issues. I did tell my dr because the last time i had a prolonged period was when i was 13. My blood was alwasy dark brown after i had nexplanon. So on sept. It took a while to come which made me think...

Posted
  • urgent referral to gynae tomorrow

I have recently been having irregular bleeding, spotting between periods then some heavy bleeding. I also have had pelvic and back pain. I haven't had a smear since 2009 but have had 2 children since then!. Went to gp who has referred me via 2 week pathway. What can I expect at the appt? Feel worried...

Last reply
  • Cervical Ectropion ? HELP!

Hi, one week ago I began spotting after sex so visited my doctor. I am 20 years old and was diagnosed with a cervical ectropion or 'cervical erosion'. She then gave me a Pap smear and I have had spotting since. However today, now 3 days after my papsmear I came home to find my underwear covered...

Last reply
  • Colcospopy

Thank God my daughter has had her hospital appointment brought forward by 2 days .She is still so worried and has been put on propanadol for the anxiety.

Last reply
  • Provera

I have had scans and I am currently waiting for a Biopsy as  I have had bleeding between my periods for 3 months now   I am 42 and have always suffered from heavy periods but I have been getting lots of stomach cramps too  My doctors has said I need to ask the hospital about Provera...

Last reply
  • Hpv

I got my smear results which has infor me I have hpv infection alls the letter says is that most woman will get this in tgere life at some point and that your body more than likely will fight it off but it's not telling me were I go from here being hpv positive I'm so upset I feel like I'm...

Last reply
  • Cervicitis no std

My gynecologist prescribed me azithromyxin for cervicitis but it didn't work she now prescribed me doxycycline. My question is, if I don't have stds no chlamydia or gonnorhea are these antibiotics prescribed to cure cervicitis even thoe those are mainly for std infections?

Last reply
  • Cervicitis confusion

has anyone heard of Mycoplasma genitalium? If so, is it a sexually transmitted bacteria or std highly confused. I know it has something to do with bv and cervicitis. Which I found out I have bv and cervicitis. My doctor gave me Metronidazole for bv and Azithromycin for cervicitis. Didn't work. Now...

Posted
  • Cervical cancer ?????

Im 22 years old I haven't had sex in years and im convinced i have crevical cancer ! I have anxiety too so i don't know if thats what's causing me to think i do 😣 I had a back pain on my left upper side and i do have abnormal bleeding but it goes and comes not too much though . I...

Last reply
  • I dont think some medical professionals understand the a...

I dont think some medical professionals understand the anxiety and trauma that some women undergo when having a cervical smear test. I myself was abused as a teenager and having to lie back and bare all for someone that you hardly know is a terrifying ordeal. Afterwards reverting back to disturbed...

Last reply
  • Cervicitis is stressing me out

I recently found out I have Bv and Cervicitis. The gynecologist gave me Metronidazole for the bv and Azithromycin for the cervicitis. She told me to get tested for chlamydia & gonnorhea and trich which I did and they all came back negative. I'm not sure what other testing I should do to find...

Last reply
  • cin 111 cells for the 4th time

Hi just wondering if anyone is able to relate. Im 32 and everytime ive had my smear for the past 18 months its come back as cin 111 abnormal cells ive had a loop removal each time which has been performed at my doctors surgery. Im not due for a smear for another 4 months but the doctor has now refferd...

Last reply
  • Long term side effects of LLETZ

For anyone dealing with long term side effects, I have started a support group after dealing with problems for 13 years. I thought I was the only person who had issues with this 'safe, minor' procedure, until I found stories of other women online.  I've had problems with sexual pain,...

Last reply
  • Posible polyp removal, scared :(

Hi all,  ​To cut a long story short, I saw my GP last month as I've been spotting between periods. It would normally happen during ovulation but I'm 45 and this has never happened before. It would also happen after strenuous exercise (I run 3-4 times a week, used to anyway, until this started)....

Last reply
  • Looking for answers

So I have been experiencing irregular vaginal bleeding since last October 2016. I shrugged it off thinking that it wasn't thag big of a deal since I've never had a "normal" menstral cycle. It's now June 2017, and still having the same exact symptoms. It's not like your regular...

Last reply
  • Still stressing about post menopausal bleeding

Hi Everyone, I started having a slight pink discharge a few months ago...GP did exam and referred to clinic for transvaginal ultrasound...all came back normal. I am now stressing that this could be cervical cancer...struggling to go and face the smear test because of health anxiety. I am 56 years old. 

Last reply
  • Avoiding Smear Test

I am currently dodging my Doctors about my Smear Test- saying I keep forgetting or I will try to book one etc. At the end of every appointment I get the speech on Smear Tests - even having one doctor talk over me saying I didn't want one.  I have had previous examinations due to problems with...

Last reply
  • My girl

Please help my daughter is terrified and I am seriously worried about her mental health . She suffers from anxiety and has had a smear and it has come back abnormal. Is there anyway of bringing her hospital appointment forward .She really isn't coping x

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.