Skip to content

Cervical Smear and Disorders

Also known as Cancer - Cervical, Colposcopy, Ectropion of Cervix, Polyps - Cervical

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • May be I have cervical cancer ...help me plz.

Age 41.3 children. In 2016 did my pap , doctor said infection gave me suppository. Last coploscopy on 2014.But there was itchiness in my vagina ...also discharge yellow. No bleeding..My mother had also Cervical cancer2nd Aug I had a coploscopy and the doctor found a suspicious area and did a biopsy. …

Last reply
  • 2nd LEEP procedure....

I had a second colposcopy and LEEP done at the same time.  This will be my last time before they go through with a radical hysterectomy.  I’m only 29 years old. The first time it was done I bled for 3 weeks and I had the dark coffee grounds (medicine applied to prevent bleeding) come out …

Posted
  • What should I do about my cervicitis ?

I have been suffering from cervicitis for three months now , I been going to constant appointments with gynecologist and I've gotten tested for chlamydia, gonnorhea even trich and all have been negative. My question is is I have acute cervicitis , what could have caused it since I have neither …

Last reply
  • Abnormal glandular pap smear

My Pap smear came back as abnormal glandular cells, had biopsy of cervix and endometrium.  Came back normal but I need to go back to have another biopsy of cervix. Has anyone else dealt with this.

Last reply
  • CIN1 and inflamed cervix and bleeding

Hi everyone , in march I went for pap smear and it came back with CIN1 , I went back yesterday for another pap smear and the nurse told me my cervix is inflamed and bleeding. Please help me , could it possibly be that am now at stage CIN2 or even CIN3 and it's causing this 

Posted
  • Heavy bleeding after Smear

Hi, sorry I have never posted on here before, but am in a panic. First of all I am 39, the mother of 3 children. Last year I had a hormonal Mirena coil fitted which lightened my period, but also knocked my cycle out meaning I could have my period every 2 weeks rather than every 4. Last week I went …

Last reply
  • Adenoma malignum

Hi all, I was just told yesterday by my OB/GYN that I more than likely have an extremely rare form of cervical cancer that isn’t detected via pap smear. It’s called Adenoma malignum. I am only 29 and am very scared. I was wondering if anyone on here has had this and what they did for it. …

Last reply
  • Heavy Period

Hi I had a Smear Test last week and every since ive had a heavy period is this normal? She also had trouble getting a smeat from me as my Cervix is so far back ive got the Mirena Coil in this is the 1st heavy period ive had since ive had it in, Help

Posted
  • Not sexually active but nurse tells me I need a smear

Hi I am a 29 year old female. My nurse at my initial patient assessment (assessment for patients registering at a new practice) said that I "need to" have a cervical smear test even though I am not sexually active and never have been. She says I need to have it done because it shows pre- …

Last reply
  • Doctor patient trust

So in the last two years I have had two scope procedures. One was a full colonoscopy that so many biopsies were taken that I bled for weeks after and the pad they put below you to catch stuff was soaked in blood and goo. It made me sick and I felt like I was butchered. I then had a sigmoidoscopy to …

Last reply
  • Cervical Erosion

10 days ago I had Silver Nitrate treatment on my cervix for an cervical erosion (due to taking the pill). I had cramp and discharge/bleeding on the first day and then just discharge/bleeding the second day then nothing.  I asked the doctor how long to wait before sex she said 5-7 days. We …

Posted
  • Smear test

I had a smear test and the nurse couldn't take a swan as she said my cervix is closed up, but didn't explain what it meant

Posted
  • Late after effects of Pelvic Radiation

After having several weeks of pelvic radiation plus two treatments of brachytherapy - after a diagnosis of uterine cancer in 2016 - I am now waiting for a scan to see if I have Sacral Insufficient FRACTURES of the pelvis following 8 weeks of acute back/pelvic pain. My mobility has been greatly …

Last reply
  • i have lump between urethra and vaginal opening

i am 36 week pregnant now. i found before 4month lump between urethra and vagina. i take with my Doctor she told this is vaginal cysts .but i search internet not found any think like that.its is not smooth,normally don't show any symptoms . i fear about vaginal cancer please help me.

Last reply
  • Confusing results from cervical smear test

Hi, just wondering if anyone has experience of this. My daughter had an abnormal smear result last year, high grade moderate dyskaryosis. She had a colposcopy and the result came back mild dyskaryosis. They had an MDT meeting because of the discrepancy and decided it was mild bordering on normal …

Last reply
  • 2 holes on cervix?

Hi, I didn’t know what group to post this in, so I just posted here. I am 26 and i went to the clinic because I was bleeding every time me and boyfriend had sex, which was not normal to me.  So I got examined where they put the speculum in to have a closer look, and the doctor told me I had 2 …

Last reply
  • Cervical Smear - Is this normal?

I went for my first smear test  however I did not have it done due to how painful it was, I bled for the rest of the day however 2 days later it stopped bleeding I peed blood Sorry but is this normal after an attempted smear test? i never had this before unless on my period but I stopped …

Last reply
  • I’ve had irregular period since smear, is that normal?

I had my smear about 4/5weeks ago- I got my next period as normal on my due date abt 10days after! I got severe cramps with it thou(hot water bottle and nurofen type pain!) this would not be the norm for me! My breasts were also very tender! Once my period ended as normal, my breast’s continued to …

Last reply
  • MRI instead of smear test?

Hello. Does anyone know if an MRI picks up cervical cancer? I am smear test phobic and cannot bear going for a test. I am 50 and had a painful experience at my last smear. I am prepared to pay privately for an MRI as an alternative but not sure it would pick up cancerous signs. Can anyone help?

Last reply
  • Cervical Ectropion and other issues

I've been experiencing some confusing symptoms for the past few months and I was wondering if anyone has any insight. I had sex for the first time in nearly a year a few months ago, and that is when my problems started. I missed a period which is highly unusual. I took a pregnancy test which …

Posted
  • Extreme phobia of vaginal related things

From a young age and for an unknown reason I ve had almost a phobia of anything related to sexual biology. During biology lessons in school both at age 11 and 15 I would begin the process which is very familiar to me now. The discussion of ovaries/periods/birth/anything related to down there I d …

Last reply
  • Tricky ? Relating CIN & Bioligics/immunosuppressants

Hi. Just joined this forum, have posted here & will also post in my crohns forum. 20 years ago (aged 19) I had my first positive smear. Several LLTZ, cones & surgeries later they finally got rid of it (CIN 3).  Now 20 years later, I went for my post pregnancy smear & that tested …

Last reply
  • Worried about pap smear

I had a pap smear done 2/6/18. Today (2/8/18), I got a call from the obgyn's office about a couple of hours ago and was scheduled for another appointment to discuss my results (they won't discuss it over the phone) in 5 days (2/13/18). Their office protocol is they will call if it's …

Last reply
  • hysterectomy

Ive posted on here before but left for a while because my spelling is so bad and i was embaressed but im really worried and have no one to talk to. I am waiting for a hysterectomy at the moment my appiontment was on the 21st of december to go for the procedure but due to no beds been available it …

Last reply
  • ‘A few’ white blood cells in vaginal discharge

Hi, I went to ob-gyn yesterday due to a weird yellow thick discharge. She took samples and examined it under the microscope. She said that she observed ‘a few’ white blood cells but ‘not too many to be worried about’. However, she did suggest to run chlamydia and ghonnorrea tests. Here is the …

Last reply
  • Feeling Afriad and sacred

Hi all I’m new to this forum, So in July I had a irregular Pap smear and my smear came back as abnormal low grade changes. Positive with High risk hpv. Of course this was very frightening for me as I have always had normal Smears. Was told to do a colposcopy which I did in December. Received my …

Last reply
  • Scared

I had a smear test. Worried not until the phone call with high abnormal results. I go in Tues for another more invasive test and am scared to death.

Last reply
  • What does the smear test, test for?

Hi all, I'm due for my second smear test this year & I'm quite nervous/anxious about it because I was knocked sick for the rest of the day. What does the smear test actually test for?

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.