Colposcopy bleeding

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi. I had a colposcopy and was told there may be some light spotting but not alot else. A few hours after my colposcopy it felt like my stomach completely flipped and I looked down and my trousers were absolutely covered in blood. There was an unbelievable amount of blood. I called 111 but the boy I spoke to didn't understand what I was talking about and kept saying, so you're on your period? I kept saying no, but he wasn't understanding what I was saying at all. I can't find any information anywhere online about this amount of blood and I can't get an appointment with my GP for nearly 3 weeks.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

As this was 8 days ago I hope the bleeding has stopped. If it hasnt then go to A/E . Colposcopies often involve taking samples from the cervix and shouldnt cause too much bleeding, but sometimes they do.A little blood also goes a long way and can appear to be much more than is actually the case.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.