Reproductive health

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, so I feel all alone here. In July of last year I as showering and I felt something on my vagina. I was scared and confused so after showering I checked it out. I was pretty sure it was my cervix sticking out of my vagina about an inch. I made an appointment and the doctor felt my lower abdomen and said I have a uterine prolapse. I wanted a second opinion so I went to another gyno and she said I basically just have an extra long cervix. at this point I don't know what to believe. some days I forget about it and go on with my days and some others I just cry. I feel so helpless. I have pain when I have sex and mentally it affects me. I feel it even prevents me from having an orgasm. it crushes me when my partner tells me that I make him feel worthless when I don't orgasm. he does all the right things but sometimes it just hurts too much I can't focus to achieve an orgasm. i feel so disgusted with myself.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Oh Dee, I'm so sorry you are feeling like this.It does sound as though you have a uterine prolapse. Have you had any pregnancies and vaginal births? How old are you? Can you ask for a scan so you can see where your uterus lies. If you and your doctor can see exactly what is happening I am sure you will feel better about this. I would recommend you go back to the gyno who said you had a prolapse and ask for a scan.

Thats just the first step. then she can recommend the various treatment options. Dont just keep worrying, try to be proactive. A prolapse is very common.

• Posted

Hi, thanks for your reply. I don't have any kids or been pregnant before. I really don't know what it can be. I was thinking the same s pertaining to get a scan or ultrasound to find out exactly what is going on. it just so much and I'm overwhelmed. it's a whole complicated mess being diagnosed with PCOS before then going back for n ultrasound and nothing is there. now dealing with a possible prolapse. I have so many problems with my menstrual cycle and the only way to keep me regular is on birth control. so imagine me wanting to have kids but have to be on birth control to be regular. It's contradicting. ugh I'm so frustrated and tired.

• Posted

Ladies with PCOS do have a higher rate of prolapse so that would make sense. Its something to do with hormone levels and pelvic floor function. Does your gyno know you want to get pregnant? If not, do let them know so they can help you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.