Abnormal Pap and Lower Left Stomach pain?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello,

For about 2 months now, I've had lower left quadrant pain (like in my stomach/left side ovary area). The pain doesn't hurt, but is more of a cramping/side stitch feeling but it's ALWAYS there. When I press on this area it hurts, but otherwise it's just annoying. My GP doesn't feel it's anything of concern, and I went for my pap last week and also got a transvaginal ultrasound due to the pain. When I was getting the ultrasound the tech mentioned that she saw fibroids on both sides, and she seemed very certain about that - she didn't sound concerned or anything though. However when I spoke with the doctor she said I didn't have any fibroids or cysts.. strange, right? I even said "So, I don't have any fibroids or cysts? Not even small ones?" and she said no. I didn't tell the doctor the tech told me that as I didn't know if that would get her into trouble. I've been seeing this doctor for at least 6 years and really like her, and I trust that she knows her stuff but I would also think the tech would know a fibroid when she sees one.

That was a bit off topic, so back to the abdominal pain and pap... I have only had 1 abnormal pap smear in 2017 and it was low risk, and I am HPV negative so the gyno said it was not a cause for concern. Since 2017 they have been normal until this year. Once again, I have an abnormal pap smear but still HPV negative. Normally I wouldn't be worried about this, but this + side pain has me a bit concerned. Of course I am thinking something was missed in the ultrasound, or maybe the doctor accidently looked at the wrong year's ultrasound, or someone else's ultrasound. I did message the doctor on Friday acknowledging my abnormal pap (I got the result on the hospital portal, no one called me), and that the tech told me I had fibroids but since she said I didn't I was very confused. I didn't want to get anyone in trouble but it is so heavy on my mind I couldn't help it. I just need to know what is going on.

Sorry for the long message but has anyone had an abnormal pap plus side/ovary-ish area pain, like a side stitch? I am trying to not get ahead of myself but it's not my strong suit.

Thanks in advance -

Liz

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.