? ANA test and SED RATE

Posted , 3 users are following.

I saw my results online.  My sed rate is high, 45.  my ANA test is positive and a flag A which I do not know what the A stands for. Does any one know ?

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

ANA are anti nuclear anti bodies. Which is positive for auto immune disease. For me its bile ducts. 

Hope you are ok. 

• Posted

Yeah I was just wondering what the A stood for under flag.

I do hope I dont have CREST as one dr suspects.

• Posted

Me too. You dont need more than you already have. Good luck. I hope it works out better than you think. 
  • Posted

Hi Shari,

Just checking in to see how you are doing.  Any new info about what's going on?  

I also have been experiencing esophagus symptoms this week and am worried about where this might be going.  Can you tell me more about the symptoms that you experience with swallowing?  When did it start for you and how has it proceeded to develop?  Has anyone talked with you about an endoscopy or dilation? 

I've done a little more reading about CREST and apparently there are several antibodies that can be present, and we need just three of a number of symptoms to be diagnosed.  Have you looked at the scleroderma page and at limited scleroderma?  I'm too anxious about all of it to look at their group.

--Suzanne

• Posted

Hi Susanne,

I am doing alright. Was a little stressed about the CREST but someone finally called. He said they did specific Crest tests and they were negative. I dont know why they were not posted online with the other tests.

Anyway he said my test are indicative of RA. I have a referral to a rheumatologist and an ENT.

My throat at timea feels like I have a growth or something but I dont feel it all the time. I somtimes choke on liquids or have trouble swallowing sticky or dry foods. May be due to not having enough saliva.  My mother has similar issues and always choked in foods. A dr told her she had a crowdes throat.

I have acid reflux so that might me causing issues with my throat as well as sinus drainage which causes me to clear my throat a lot. I read that can cause damage.  I also have tenderness on the outside of my throat.  Who knows what it all means. 

I hope you dont get those issues of CREST.  

Ill update again after I see the rheumatologist.

Shari

• Posted

Hi Shari--Well, I am glad to hear that it may not be CREST, though RA would not be super either.  That would explain the body aches that you've been experiencing.  Your throat issues sound a bit like mine.  I think that there's something called strictures that can grow inside the esophagus and narrow it.  Maybe that's part of it?  I hope that you can get some medical input on your throat issues, too.  Please do update after the rheumatologist.  I just saw one for my annual visit and they do run a lot of tests that can be very illuminating.  I hope that they can be helpful to you.  --Suzanne
    • Posted

Agreed that RA would not be pleasant either. Wish none of gad to deal with these aweful issues.
  • Posted

Right.  I do wish that we didn't have these stupid autoimmune disorders.  Too much useless suffering.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.