'At last a life' - who's read it and what's your opinion?

Posted , 7 users are following.

I've read some very good reviews about this book written by a previous anxiety sufferer and have just ordered it. Anyone want to offer a review or recommend similar anxiety management books?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

It is really good. An excellent resource. I have the app and I read it from time to time. 
  • Posted

so so, a lot of personal tales from other folk to bulk it out
  • Posted

Have not read it but will. Another good book is 'stop thinking and start living'. Excellent for obsessive thinkers...
  • Posted

Yes it really struck a chord with me. I was really positive after reading it but then i've had a bad bout of really horrible symptoms and finding it hard to ignore, so will need to re-visit.  There are a lot of stories from others but i found that positive. xx
  • Posted

Hiya David, im actually reading it just now,and as Catherine said its struck a few chords with me, I think it will be one of these books that we will find ourselves picking up again after we've read it 2 get us through the really bad days and 2 remind ourselves we will overcome this nightmare, take care and I hope you enjoy the book xx
  • Posted

Hi David,

I read so many books and articles on anxiety in the last 15 years that I have to say it didn't teach me anything. Always nice to read someone else's story and realise that you are not on your own of course but nothing life changing for me. All the best x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.