??? Big question!

Posted , 10 users are following.

Has anyone on this forum any experience with gout (family or friends)?

Went to my own doctor yesterday and HE doesn't think I have RA.  (Reumy just looked at my swollen ankles and said RA)!!

Years and years ago I had a swollen big toe, very painful, couldn't walk properly for weeks.  Then it cleared up.

At the moment uric acid level is 6 - 7.  Pain in both ankles often excruciating.

Have googled gout and will start diet asap.  Gout forum not particularly helpful.

I know this isn't the right forum for this, but just thought someone may have come across it in family.

Views would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks.  Constance

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Constance, my son who is 33 has gout and has had it a right few years.  He is on 100mg of allpuranol.  He has kidney disease and I think gout is somehow linked to this.  He has said in the past that the pain in his foot is so bad, he cannot even bear a top sheet on his foot.  Regards Pat
    • Posted

Sounds familiar!😕😕

Have a good, pain/problem free, week.

Regards

Constance 💐

• Posted

Hi Constance, thank you.  You too have a pain/problem free week.  Pat

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.