?Broken? finger

Posted , 4 users are following.

Almost a month ago, I hit my middle finger and it wasn't a typical case of a jammed/broken finger.

I could bend it in full range of motion with a little pain at the end of the movement, but it really hurt when I pressed it towards the sides and it simply didn't feel that mobile. Also, the finger was very swollen on the middle knuckle where the bone seemed to be deformed, protruding to the left. After a month, it didn't get any better except that I can bend it with less pain. It still hurts a lot when pushed to the side. Since it doesn't seem like it's going to heal, is there a way I can fix it somehow?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi first off maybe it would have been a good idea to put it straight and taped it to other finger but I wouldn't worry too much as theirs not a great deal they can do for broken fingers/toes especially if you have full range of motion that makes it less likely that it's broken, I fractured my finger in three places and it turned out it was a mullet fracture which means the tip want hold itself up independently so it's been splinted for nearly five months and back to see orthopaedic surgeon Monday as it's not healing at all still floppy, wouldn't bother me as much but live on crutches so do need it for grip, ice it and do squeezing exercises three times a day to strengthen it, use a ball to squeeze it and that should strengthen it

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.